Contractor willing to work with Traficant on casino complex construction

Published: Mon, October 25, 2010 @ 3:27 p.m.

If James A. Traficant Jr. somehow gets an Indian gambling casino in North Jackson, a Warren contractor said he wants to build the possible indoor amusement park that could go along with it.

John J. Bartko, president of Exclusive Product Industry Corp., said today he’s “never built anything like” an indoor amusement park, but it shouldn’t be hard.

“I’ve built a lot of stuff,” such as churches, post offices, libraries and school additions, Bartko said.

Most of the materials, such as the dome on the indoor park, would be prefabricated and easy to put together, he said.

The contractor said he had no idea how big the potential park would be.

“I don’t know the details of the contract,” Bartko said.

Bartko said he’s had conversations with Traficant about building the park. But the two don’t have a written — or even a verbal — agreement for the project, Bartko said.

“I really don’t care if I do the project or not to be honest with you,” he said.

For the complete story, read Tuesday’s Vindicator and Vindy.com

Comments

1Stan(9923 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

"I really don’t care if I do the project or not to be honest with you,"

Now what kindof a comment is that ?

2JB27(5 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Fascinating article. The guy has never built anything like this before, but has built a lot of other "stuff". He has no contract and doesn't really care if he gets the project or not. Where do they find these people?

3DavidSkolnick(51 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

They come to us.

4hmm(183 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

No I'm not a real Contractor --I can build it cuz I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night --ha ha sorry couldn't resist..

5ytownoh330(14 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Anyone ever hear of this guy? Guess need to reseach him.

6Stan(9923 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

I believe that they make high end eco add ons for housing .

7DOLE2(594 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Oh yeah,I can build anything,especially for a guy who wears bellbottoms in 2010.

8DOLE2(594 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

What's next...a blimp factory.....brewery...????

9VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Halloween is nearly here and so are all the strange people. Be careful who you may hire around this time of year.

10theCaliforniaKid(56 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Hey..I'll build it! Hire me I'm an artist

11YSUGRAD(134 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Why not rebuild Idora Park instead?

12L0L(660 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

@Hmm, that was funny!

@YSUGRAD, because unfortunately Idora park is smack dab in the middle of a cess pool. Admission would be getting robbed as you walk through the gate.

13bjindra(1 comment)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

The Vindy's approach to journalism continues to be "make the story undermine Traficant" with articles about near nothing except random quotes.

Vote Traficant ...or lose again with your Dems and Reps.

14UnionForever(1470 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Traficant will disappear after the election and his indian casino project with him.

15walter_sobchak(1910 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

skolnick,

So, just because someone comes to the Vindicator, you will print the story? Ever think of asking some questions and investigating this guy. I have worked in the commercial construction industry for over 25 years and have never heard of this outfit. This type of contract would be large and I doubt if this guy could get bonded for it.

As for Jimbo, I will be glad when election day is over. Maybe, and we can only hope, that he will crawl back into whatever hole he emerged from so many years ago. He is a community embarassment and this latest snake-oil scheme isn't even worth talking about as it will never happen.

16theCaliforniaKid(56 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Look around washington and see if your unfulfilled hopes for a political solution can be realize by just about anybody worrking the tax-dollar without scrutiny. I still like Jim. He is AMERICA'S CONGRESSMAN. gO-O-O-O-O Jimbo!