Suspect’s mother fears for her safety

Published: Wed, October 6, 2010 @ 12:09 a.m.

RELATED: Plan aims to keep Realtors secure

photo

Kevin D. Agee Jr.

photo

Aubrey F. Toney, 29.

Stephanie Agee tells of warning, bullet holes

By JOHN W. GOODWIN JR.

jgoodwin@vindy.com

YOUNGSTOWN

The mother of a man being held in the Mahoning County jail in a highly publicized murder says she’s afraid after receiving threats to her own safety.

Stephanie Agee, 55, mother of 25-year-old murder suspect Kevin Agee, filed a report about the threats Monday with Youngstown police. Kevin Agee is charged in the murder of Thomas Repchic two weeks ago on the South Side.

Kevin Agee is in the jail on a $3 million bond. Police are hunting for 29-year-old Aubrey Toney of Youngstown, who is believed to be an accomplice.

Stephanie Agee told police she was standing in the front yard of her South Side home when three juveniles approached and asked if she is “Kevin’s mom.” She told police she replied “yes” and was then told to “be careful, there is a hit on you.”

Stephanie Agee said the boys did not appear to be threatening her but instead warning her that someone might try to do her harm.

Agee also told police she has seen threats on the Internet about burning down her house, with herself and her mother inside.

Agee’s South Side home was hit by gunfire in a drive-by shooting about 20 years ago, but she told police she now has seen fresh bullet holes in the exterior of the home. Agee’s now-incarcerated son also lived at the address.

Repchic was gunned down about 1 p.m. Sept. 25 when he and his wife, Jacqueline Repchic, were driving on Southern Boulevard near Philadelphia Avenue after just leaving St. Dominic Church, according to reports.

Jacqueline Repchic was shot in her leg and taken to St. Elizabeth Health Center.

Prosecutors said Kevin Agee reportedly has admitted driving the SUV used in the drive-by shooting.

Police believe the shooting was a case of mistaken identity in a feud between two rival factions.

Comments

1Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

Most people are satisfied to see Kevin jailed and awaiting trial . It was her son that was a danger to society and society is not a danger to her unless she runs afoul of the law at which point law enforcement will deal with her .

2Lifes2Short(3877 comments)posted 4 years ago

".......when three juveniles approached and asked if she is “Kevin’s mom.” She told police she replied “yes” and was then told to “be careful, there is a hit on you.”

Juveniles! Juveniles telling her she has a hit on her, is that the way of life on the south side??

"Agee said she was told by a friend that some people believe she is responsible for turning her son in to police and providing police with a list of names, leading to the threats against her safety."

Just like Houser parents threatening the witnesses. Are they mad she might've done the right thing or collected the reward?

3UnionForever(1470 comments)posted 4 years ago

Your son lacks the family moral values that you should have taught him. He's into drugs and guns and the urban gangsta scene. What would you expect when Mayor Jay himself said your son was after another urban gangsta for killing, and shot the 75 year old man to death and the leg off his wife by mistake. Your living the life of a Southside Gangsta mom - be afraid cause you did it to yourself by your non-actions in teaching your son proper family moral values.

4Shamrock29(20 comments)posted 4 years ago

Your son was not raised right..and now you may, or may not face the reprecussions of his actions. As far as the "fresh bullet holes" I'm sure it was just your son and Aubrey practicing.

5Traveler(606 comments)posted 4 years ago

What does the bible say about as you sow, so shall you reap

6triciafloyd52(12 comments)posted 4 years ago

the Bible also say,s turn the other cheek. it doesn't seem like any of these people are living by the gospel. never will we know the whole story and you haven't walked in their shoes. let the police handle it and pray it's on time or God to intervene

7Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

Well Stephanie Agee you are not the victim by any means . Your feeble attempt to gather sympathy isn't working . The victims are Thomas Repchic and his wife Jacqueline Repchic .

8Nunya22(315 comments)posted 4 years ago

How do anyone know if this woman knew anything or said anything to collect a reward?

And if someone says there is a hit out on you more than likely that is not someone just messing with your head.

Overall this whole situation is crazy

9lovedrama(138 comments)posted 4 years ago

She probably could not contol her son as the streets took him in-what was she supposed to do? Call the police on your kids for hanging out with a bad crowd, being in a gang, etc-they won't do anything until a crime is committed and someone's a suspect. I'm sure they knew he was a gangster-they know who these people are and can't just go arrest them-though I think they should be able to. There are many, many parents looking to the police to help them control their out of control street kids, especially single parents, but they get little help. Let's not persecute someone just because her kid is no good. How hard it must be to raise a good one in that environment-especially when they look like him! She may have tried her best-we don't know. But she does deserve to be kept safe if others are indeed threatening her.

10seminole(476 comments)posted 4 years ago

As I stated in a previous story about Aubrey and kin, the apple does not fall far from the tree...c'mon, Mom! Your boy rolled gansta style and it was all good until this happens. Now you want to come out as the upstanding citizen and parent?

11TB(1167 comments)posted 4 years ago

Nice to see you all railing about morals and values. When will you all volunteer to mentor the city's youth? When will you become a Big Brother or Big Sister or volunteer at the Boys and Girls Club?

You recognize the problem apparently. Now help to solve it.

12tonyb2913(20 comments)posted 4 years ago

if i was her i would be worried do you know who they try to kill,iwould be real worried its way more than just talk

13Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

The teaching of morality starts at home . When others intervene they are targeted .

14joe1616(52 comments)posted 4 years ago

what a joke.

15TB(1167 comments)posted 4 years ago

Nice try Stan. If you aren't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

16Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

Well TB . ..

I'm only a problem to the riff raff when they tread on me . They are what they are and I am what I am .

17joydav(41 comments)posted 4 years ago

Just about all comments suggest that every child that does wrong in life, it's because of their up bringing. This is the general consensus. WOW, I think I say that a lot when I decide to comment on a particular forum. So, the caucasian girl that was at my home yesterday that was doped up on ACID, was a reflection of her parents, I don't think so. Our children go out into the world and they are either leaders or followers. I tell my children that it is up to them if they get out and do something stupid. They are all young adults now, 19, 24, 26 and their actions will cause them nothing but pain if they decide to mess up their lives. I don't think that the young ladies parents knew that she was out getting high, and I really don't think that they would condone it. So, with that being said, Ms. Agee couldn't stop her son from carrying a gun nor could she stop him from using it. Those were his actions and not hers. I know I raised my children to respect themselves as well as others. So, if they choose to go out her in these streets and do something that is not of good moral standards, it is no reflection of me. I instilled in them the difference between right and wrong and so far in their lives they have not been a part of the wrong. But, how old do our kids have to be before people understand that their actions are their own and not a reflection of their parents.

18TB(1167 comments)posted 4 years ago

"I'm only a problem to the riff raff when they tread on me . "

Are they?

Again, put your money where your large mouth is and help out.

19Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

TB :

"Again, put your money where your large mouth is and help out. "

Dumping money upon them hasn't worked in the past and it wont work now . Work has to be forced upon them to earn their keep . Like I have said before 24/7 idle time breeds crime .

20TB(1167 comments)posted 4 years ago

Says the guy who just posts nonsense on a website day after day after day. Says the guy who wouldn't volunteer in the city ever. Says the guy who defends pedophiles and coverups of their crimes.

how does this rhetoric you spew day after day align with Christian beliefs?

21Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

TB :

I don't promote the pedophiles or their happy club on Poland Avenue . Tax moneys are paid every year for government officials to handle the crime situation in Youngstown . Social workers are paid with tax money to oversee families on the public dole . I simply point out the shortcomings . My Christian beliefs don't force me to be put in a position to end up being a statistic like the two who were slaughtered at St. Dominics .

22TB(1167 comments)posted 4 years ago

"I simply point out the shortcomings . My Christian beliefs don't force me to be put in a position to end up being a statistic like the two who were slaughtered at St. Dominics "

You do an awful lot of pointing. Maybe it's time to look in that mirror.

And you don't promote pedophilia, but you excuse it AND excuse those that cover it up.

Isn't charity part of the faith? Isn't good works? Or is pointing out all that Christ would have done?

23Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

TB :

I can only point the direction for them to follow . I don't care to subsidize behavior that is destructive to society .

Handouts are eagerly absorbed here in Youngstown and they only serve to subsidize the drugged out lifestyle . Our taxes support the decay of The Valley .

Perhaps it is high time for you to take and in depth look at what you support .

24TB(1167 comments)posted 4 years ago

How are you pointing anything out to them? Do you think they log in to vindy.com?

Quit sidestepping the other issue as well. You can't answer my questions without looking like the hypocrite you are. Life must be nice at St. Scrooge's parish.

25tonyb2913(20 comments)posted 4 years ago

the guy they were looking for has the exact same car it was kill or be killed everybody in the streets knows what happened and who the killer thought he killed but now the dummy is on the run and the guys that robbed him are still on the streets the guys he was looking for already beat murder cases in the early and middle 90s

26justonevoice(94 comments)posted 4 years ago

"Suspects mother fears for her safety"........kind of ironic.....because of her son and his buddies, our entire city fears for our safety........

27TB(1167 comments)posted 4 years ago

Stan? Staaaaaan?

funny how stan is just one letter from satan

28briant(57 comments)posted 4 years ago

Great. Just Great. This tragedy (not a story) gets even "better".

Mom does a horrible job raising her kid. Probably turns him in to collect reward money. NOW SHE HAS THE GUTS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT HAVING A HIT PUT ON HER ???

Find some of your boys stashed drug cash and take a bus to Poland and live there for awhile...

29Bellaboricua(6 comments)posted 2 years, 12 months ago

EVERYONE HERE WHO I TRYING TO PIN THIS ON THIS MOTHER ARE Freakin Jerks YES HER SON WAS SO WRONG BUT FOR ALL YOU KNOW SHE COULD HAVE BEEN AN EXCELLENT MOTHER THINGS HAPPEN. I WANNA KNOW WHO HERE HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG. BECAUSE I SURE AS HE'LL THOUGHT ONE SIN WAS JUST AS BAD AS ANOTHER. SINCE WE WANT TO DISECT THE BIBLE SO IF YOU HAVE EVER SO MUCH HAS LIED OR SWORE YOUR JUST AS GUILTY AS MURDER. LEARN TO CARE FOR PEOPLE NOT JUDGE AND CONDEMN. IM SO SICK OF YOU IDIOTS MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT PEOPLE ON GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE. LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER NEEDED HELP. I WANT TO SEE ALL OF YOU SO CALLED DO GOODERS VOLUNTEER AT THE RESCUE MISSION. I DOUBT YOU WILL. I WANT TO COM OUT OF CHARECTER AND SWEAR AT YOU PEOPLE SO BADLY BUT I CAN'T IT WILL JUS GIVE YOU FUEL TO SAY THIS IS HOW WELARE CHILDREN ACT. BTW IM HISPANIC AND CAUCASION. WAS RAISED ON WELFARE SO WHERE IS THE RACIAL PROFILING NOW CUZ IM SURE NOT BLACK!