Mother upset children suspended from Youngstown school bus

Published: Fri, November 19, 2010 @ 6:17 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — School officials continue to investigate problems on school buses in the weeks after a new measure required students and parents to sign a contract concerning behavior on school buses.

Betty Scott of Brentwood Avenue is upset her daughter and son, both students at Chaney High School, have been suspended indefinitely from riding the school bus to and from school after an incident Thursday. She said her children and two other kids were verbally defending a student trying to ride the bus.

For the complete story, read Saturday's Vindicator and Vindy.com

Comments

1DOLE2(594 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

My babies did nothing wrong!!

2argar5(20 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

to bad poland doesnt make the news

3Traveler(606 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

Its time to put video cameras in all school buses

4Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

Walking to school is excellent exercise .

5Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

Here we go, the old "copy cat" syndrome coming into play now. Matthew Spain's mom was the pioneer. Sure this will be the start of all the wonderful kids getting kicked off the buses.

Oh....not my CHILDREN, God forbid, let me go talk to the media and tell everyone how innocent my children are. Maybe discipline your kids instead of blaming everyone else. unreal.

6jussy76(6 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

This BS must stop. Some parents seem to abide by this whole "do as I say, not as I do attitude." With Matthew, for instance. His mother tells him, " I know my baby was wrong, " but shows him he's a celebrity by bringing in the media to minimize his actions.. RIDICULOUS.

7UnionForever(1470 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

Just another example of the lack of family values amongst the Ytown parents. Instead of smacking her kids bottoms for mouthing off inappropriately, she's blaiming the school for the bus suspension? Throw them off for good. They probably on go to Chaney for the free breakfast and lunch anyway. Didn't we have a pepper spray incident between a police officer and some unruley students a little earlier with a student fight. This is not the Chaney I knew 40 years ago.

8palbubba(671 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

It's the parents attitude that makes these kids a disciplinary problem. They have no values and no structure in their lives, how can their kids? Permanent suspension from riding the bus would be more appropriate. That would probably keep the kids out of school, but unfortunately for us it would put them on the streets. I'm sure this parent doesn't really care as long as they are not under her feet.

9Traveler(606 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

I always remember my grandfather telling me how luck i was they give out detentions now rather then getting hit with a paddle because with the paddle if they spanked you 5 times at school you know that your dad was going to give you 10 twice as hard when you got home.