Police make after-hour arrests at Jitso’s; hundreds vacate nightclub

Published: Sun, May 16, 2010 @ 8:27 p.m.

Staff report

YOUNGSTOWN

Police went to Jitso’s Place, 2023 McGuffey Road, about 3:20 a.m. Sunday to investigate loud music and after-hours drinking.

A police report said that because of the large number of people still drinking, officers were unable to identify and cite everyone. One man was charged with after-hours alcohol consumption, a minor misdemeanor. Police said the man also has outstanding criminal charges in Oxford, Ohio.

A patron said she had just bought a beer from a barmaid, and police cited the barmaid with a minor-misdemeanor charge of after-hours sales.

Police said they asked to see the occupancy permit from the city that sets the number of people who can be in a building. Police said workers could not produce one.

Some 267 people were counted going out the front door, the report said.

Read the full story Monday in The Vindicator and on Vindy.com.

Comments

1grapejuice(9 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Glock30, your comment is hideous.

2Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

"Some 267 people were counted going out the front door"

"The number of people who left through the back door wasn’t determined, police said."

WOW ! Now that place is a money maker ! Who owns it ?

3ts1227(137 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

What an ignorant comment by glock.

Lets be honest, if the Austintown cops felt like busting the Jersey Shore wannabes at Gossip for underage, over capacity, or late drinking, they could do that too... it's not a race thing.

4RobertAlphonso(74 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Why is there even a time restriction on drinking?

5Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I am impressed that they had money to waste there at 3:20 a.m. Sunday .

6onthetown(254 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Stan:

ts1227:

Glad to see the laws (though I don't agree with the hour restrictions on serving alcohol) are being enforced in Youngstown - I'd love to see Austintown do the same with the Rumors/Gossip scene.

7justonevoice(94 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Glock30@ - Your comment is just plain...well, creepy.

8gobdmn(19 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Excellent Glock30!

9bratwoman(24 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

The comment made by Glock30 is one of the reasons that people still see color, and a great argument for birth control.

10Nunya22(315 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I don't see why this had to go racial. I am pretty sure there are alot more bars/clubs doing some things under the table against the law like this one did.

11joydav(41 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I'm glad to see that some are upset about the issue and not the color. I agree that the same thing is going on in Austintown and other suburbs. I can remember my kids trying so hard to get to Austintown to party. So something had to be going on there as well. The hour that this was going on insn't good. I go out to socialize with friends, but I'm home by 11:00 pm. is this a bad thing or does say something about my age. I remember being out late when I was in my 20's, it's normal at that age. But the day of the week is an issue because some do have to get up for work on Monday morning. Not to say that the the Sat. and Sun. workers don't deserve the same treatment, but it is the weekend and most people like to unwind then. So, what do we do, ban people for enjoying the club scene just because it's in the inner city? Well I have to leave for work now, blog with you all later.

12Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

" onthetown :

I am impressed that you have so much time to waste commenting on Vindy articles."

I'm impressed that you have disposable time to invest here at the Vindy ! :)