UPDATE: Traficant will not file in the 6th

Published: Mon, May 3, 2010 @ 1:22 p.m.

Ex-U.S. Rep. James A. Traficant Jr. filed nominating petitions today as an independent candidate for the 17th Congressional District on a platform of repealing the 16th Amendment.

After filing his petitions in the 17th district, Traficant said he was going to to the Columbiana County Board of Elections at about noon.

However, Traficant ended up not filing in the 6th, apparently he believed he could not run in both districts. However, an Ohio secretary of state spokesman said there was nothing in state law to prohibit Traficant for running for both seats in the same election.

Should he had won both seats, he would have been certified. Whether he would be seated in both, is a federal issue, the spokesman said.

After filing his petitions for the 17th District in Warren, Traficant said his main goal, if elected, is to repeal the 16th amendment, ratified in 1913. It allows Congress to “collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived.”

Traficant said repealing the amendment would eliminate the IRS.

Traficant has a long-standing grudge against the IRS, and has criticized the agency publicly since his release from federal prison in September 2009. Two of his 10 felony convictions in a 2002 corruption trial were for filing a false tax return.

“I will lead the charge to repeal the 16th amendment to the Constitution and abolish the Internal Revenue Service. I want the Internal Revenue Service to look at me very carefully,” he said, looking into a local TV camera. “I plan to throw you the hell out and give Americans some freedom.”

Traficant's filings today became a bit of a media circus after his camp gave what turned out to be false "tips" about Traficant's filing intentions and press availbility. TV and newspaper reporters followed his trek from Mahoning to Trumbull to Columbiana counties.

Today is the filing deadline for those seeking to be independent candidates for elected office on the November general ballot.

The 17th includes portions of Mahoning, Trumbull, Portage and Summit counties. The 12-county 6th District includes all of Columbiana County and a portion of Mahoning.

Traficant turned in 3,138 signatures; the minimum number required is 2,199 valid signatures.

Traficant would have needed at least 2,230 valid signatures in the 6th district. A Traficant spokesman said Friday that the ex-congressman had more than enough signatures for the 6th district.

When Traficant was in Congress his district included all of Mahoning County and nearly all of Trumbull and Columbiana counties. The district’s lines were changed in 2002.

U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan of Niles, Traficant’s former staffer, is running in Tuesday’s Democratic primary in the 17th District.

U.S. Rep. Charlie Wilson of St. Clairsville is running for re-election in Tuesday’s Democratic primary in the 6th District.

Comments

1madasheck(64 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

b-bye Tim

2RobertAlphonso(74 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I'll be interested in seeing Mr. Traficant's financials. Can he raise enough money to make this interesting?

3RobertAlphonso(74 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

usazero must be off his meds again. Can we send someone to his trailer to check him out? Thanks.

4BTaylor(16 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

This is interesting. I have to really educate myself and decide which is the better. Thoughts anyone? Without the useless name calling. Who has accomplished more during thier terms?

5valleyred(1100 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

He has my vote! VOTE TRAFICANT!

6valleyred(1100 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

BTaylor, we would not have had Elton John in town if it were not for Traficant. Go to my website and comment on there so I can tell you why I am voting for Traficant.

7RobertAlphonso(74 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

usa - If Jimbo wins who do you think he will caucus with? If you think its rethuglicans you'd be mistaken.

A double-wide is considered a condo these days? A lot has changed since the last time Jimbo was on the scene.

8RobertAlphonso(74 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I love Valley republicans!!!

valleyred and usa1 - Your sole existence is based on hating the President and Democrats.....but you"re supporting another lifelong Democrat against Tim Ryan???

This is why republicans don't get elected up here. And because your top political commentator is a 17 year old loser with a website than nobody visits.

9mrblue(1061 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Here comes JIM. Will he have enough $$ and support to make it interesting ?? I don't think (as of now) that he can win but if you know Jim, he is going to come at you hard. Mr. Ryan, you had better be ready for a real fight.

10valleyred(1100 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Robert, I am a conservative. I have never declared myself a Republican on Election Day, I have always declared myself a Democrat.

Tim Ryan is a far left liberal. Jim Traficant is a conservative minded thinker.

There is no doubt he has my support.

11RobertAlphonso(74 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

valleyred - Fair enough. You might want to change your name then. If the red in valleyred doesn't stand for the republican party, what does it stand for?

12valleyred(1100 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Robert, one more thing I am 20, not 17 lol. When I started this site, it was back in 2008 when I was supporting the GOP in the 2008 Elections.

Although I may align myself with the R's on a state and national level, on a local level I am definitely more middle of the road.

131970mach1(1005 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Jimbo.

14arivercryme(3 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

valleyred...

So by supporting Jim, you support convicted felons, correct? Valleyred, if he is elected, will your fellow Republicans accept him into their caucus? Doubt it. Also, I believe Congress can chose to not even seat Traficant, if elected.

I am a Dem, and think Ryan has done a great job. Don't waste your vote for JT, if you are going to vote, at least vote for Henderson or J. Graham on the Repub side. JT had his day, his motives now don't involve actually helping this area.

Trust me, working in Cleveland but living in T. County, the folks here laugh at JT. Don't think they aren't laughing elsewhere now that he is going to run against Ryan...AGAIN!

15valleyred(1100 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

On 570WKBN he just said the 17th District, so he is obviously running against Tim Ryan.

16RobertAlphonso(74 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

usa - You are a walking, mouth-breathing, wingnut talking point. If you cannot write down an original thought I will cease to acknowledge you on this message board.

17TAXEDOFF(118 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THIS AREA! WE WILL BE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WHOLE COUNTRY

18WhatRUAfraidOf(85 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Why would anyone vote for a convicted felon? Our area is trying SO HARD to overcome its negative image. We certainly don't need someone like Traficant back in congress to make us a laughingstock all over again. Hopefully, there are enough people in Portage County with the requisite intellectual fortitude in the 17th District to keep him from winning Tim Ryan's seat. Ryan is starting to give the area some credibility. Why in heaven's name would we want to replace him with someone that no one outside of this area would give the time of day to?

19steelers_fan(22 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

So, if we get rid of the IRS, who will collect Federal taxes, the mob?

20arivercryme(3 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Hey USA1...

If you are so evolved, can you at least call people that you don't agree with by their correct names or at least use their initials? Show the rest of us that you have class. You can believe whatever, but when you cheapen/make fun of people's name when they aren't on your side, you instantly discredit yourself.

21futureboy111(3 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

_______________________

Not so sure about that. I have Dennis Kucinich as my congressman here in Cuyahoga County. It's a close call...

My spouse is from Youngstown, so we'll be watching the Trafficant race with interest.

22cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I live on the other side of the country. When Traficant was released from prison I asked a friend of mine who is interested in politics: "do you know who James Traficant is ?" He didn't say anything, he just started to laugh.

23Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Go Jimbo.......

24music_guy_2010(3 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Honestly, can anyone tell me what Tim Ryan has done for the Mahoning Valley besides baby the Delphi retirees? Has he done anything remarkable? Has he brought any new industries and jobs that he promised? NO. Yes, Jim Traficant may be a convicted felon, but at least he is not afraid to speak up and get Youngstown on the map. Wasn't it Jim that brought a federal court house to Youngstown? The Covelli Centre? If anyone can do something, Traficant can. It is time to give Tim Ryan the boot.

25cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

USEless1.....Actually the population of California increases every year.

I believe around 120 of the Fortune 500 are headquartered in California.

California has around 650,000 millionaires which is around twice as many as the second place state.

You claim that "corporations are migrating from that state en masse". I would be interested in seeing your list of these corporations. That should be easy for you to produce, unless you just made that up, right?

26FormerYtowner(96 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Been nice knowing you Timmy.

27cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Jessiedavid....Thanks for posting proof of my statement that the population of California increases every year.

28Owlguin(49 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I moved away in the early 1980's but like to keep up. I can honestly say that if this guy wins the election I will stop saying that I am from Youngstown. It will be just too embarrassing to admit.

29cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

USEless1.....When you post that list of "corporations are migrating from that state en masse" how about providing a list of " bankrupt hospitals".

That should be easy to do, unless you just made it up, right?

30cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Jessiedavid.....What's your point. We are all Americans. A persons heritage doesn't matter. We are all equal.

That is, unless your a redneck bigot. I guess then it would be a problem.

31cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

USEless1....Thanks for bringing up the teabaggers in DC on Sept. 12, 2009. It gives me a chance to post a link that proves you lie about the number. The Link below is from ABC News that claims 60 to 70 thousand. That's ABC saying it not me if you have a problem with that Hank, take it up with them not me.

I know you keep claiming 2.1 million teabaggers that day. Forget that. How about you posting just one link from a reliable news organization that reports more than 100,000. That should be easy for you to do, unless you just made it up, right.?

32tookie(64 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Jim Traficant is a joke pure and simple. A greedy man whose time has passed him by. Tim will show him the door.

33tromo9(4 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Tim Ryan will defeat Traficant by double digits. There are some morons who will vote for the criminal but most people realize he will get nothing done in congress because both parties think he is crazy. Things are starting to turn around in the area with a lot of new jobs coming in the near future thanks to Tim Ryan.

34Attis(921 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Convicted and crucified. Now comes the Resurrection. Hallelujah!

35walter_sobchak(1979 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

NEVER underestimate Jimbo. You do so at your own peril. I have never voted for him, but would consider it this time if he were running in the 6th. When you get past his eccentricities, he has some good ideas. Protect the borders, in all ways physically and trade-wise, help the little guy, get rid of the IRS. All good ideas. I would support a national VAT tax in lieu of an income tax. The DC culture is so corrupt with money and influence, at least Jim has done his time for his misdeeds. What about nacy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barney Frank, or the absolute worst, the late Ted Kennedy! Killed a woman and daddy's deep pockets kept him from the slammer! When I hear Traficant's ideas, it reminds me when I was a young boy and my uncles would talk about politics. Jim really speaks the way the old democrats spoke. Just give the hard working little guy an even break. That's all, no handouts.

36peacelover(791 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Jimbo The Convicted Felon Runs For Congress to Repeal the 16th Amendment.

Please tell me this is just a bad reality TV show.

37UnionForever(1470 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I am sure Tim Ryan did something bad in his pants when he heard the news. Jimbo will be a very difficult opponent for Tim who has done very little to nothing for the valley economy. In a three way race with a Demorat, Republican't, and Jimbo, it could be a very interesting November election.

38webad(156 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

A few points on his No-Tax idea:

1. The man has shown himself to be dishonest and he is a convict.

2. Taxes are a good thing. The wealthy should pay more of them ... back into the society that created the conditions for them to gain their wealth.

3. Poverty is the root cause of society's problems. Lack of education is the cause of poverty. His no-tax idea does not consider that tax money ought to provide education to those who need it most ... the poor .... so that they don't continue on as permanent burdens on society.

4. Do you want to feel free to walk the streets of our cities safely? Or be driven to hide behind gated communities along with your wage-slave masters? You need tax money to pay the cops .... as well as firemen to put out your fires, etc.

5. Traficant is bent on getting even with a Congress that kicked him out. That's his main goal ... so he'll be wasting all of your time.

6. He knows that the greedy will jump on the no-taxes bandwagon and he's taking advantage of their short-sighted self-interest.

39author50(1121 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Is it true Jim Traficant and his supporters believe that the world is flat?

40cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

USEless1....Thanks for bringing up the guy getting punched, kinked and beaten by six thugs again. All I see is some people trying not to step on each other. If this little guy got beat up by six thugs how is he walking around talking without a scratch on him?

See the video:

Anytime I have searched for reliable news reports for your 9/12/09 teabagger jubilee they all say less than 100,000. Why don't you help us all out and post one of those links so we all don't think your a liar. That should be easy to do unless you just made it up, right?

41whosyerdaddy(10 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

webad

Finally a comment here that makes sense.

Traficant is coming back to serve himself, not the electorate. I truly don't think the wingnut supporters can whip up enough to amount to more than 3-5% in the election.

Jimbo's campaign will look like the car he had in the St. Patty's day parade. A POS Geo Tracker with no candidate in it.

42walter_sobchak(1979 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

webad,
The root cause of society's problems is BAD PEOPLE. The root cause of poverty, I believe, is a lack of money. Please, I grew up poor but I had a GOOD FAMILY! Thus, I had self-respect, respecrt for others and their property, respect (and fear) of God!

Jim doesn't want to get rid of taxes, just income taxes because they are regressive. He hates the IRS and they hate him because he took them on in his first trial and beat them. Then, he changed federal law so that when an ordinary citizen goes to tax court, you are innocent until proven guilty. Prior to that, you were assessed and had to prove yourself innocent. Very hard to prove a negative! Give the man credit for some good things he did!

43TB(1167 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Maybe Marion Berry will run next year

44webad(156 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

walter_

That's brilliant. It's the fault of the 'bad' people. And you're 'good' because god overcame the devil in your family.

I'll bet Traficant doesn't want a consumption tax either. That would be a fair tax.

It's not just tax issues where one has to prove his own innocence to the govt. For any govt agency that claims a citizen owes it money, the procedure is the same. Who likes that? Nobody. The system is flawed. Traficant's little tax tantrum won't fix it.

45fattynskinny(195 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I say we boycott Verb and Desoussa for once again trash talking JIMBO as they just did on 570wkbn. Traficant is the only one who REALLY will stand up for what the American people want. No one else has the guts. I've never donated campaign money to anyone, but I am going to give Jim all I can because he is one of the few patriot politicians left in this country. I agree with so much that he says.

46drw122(35 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

To all the Tim Ryan and Charlie Wilson supporters. Look what the democrats have done to your area. I'm 50 years old and the Youngstown area has been a depressed area for as long as I can remember. You guys must have blinders on. No wonder the youth continue to move away, it's because of your blind stupidity. You people can't even think for yourselves. You continue to follow the union and democrat mentality to the poor house. Just once when you go to the polls, try to think for yourself instead of taking the union propaganda sheet with you. You guys are pathetic. One more point about Wilson , he doesn't even live in the 6th district. You would think you could find a rep that even lives he the district he represents. I know you don't care because someone told to to vote him. Wow.

47webad(156 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

drw122

You sound like you believe your brain to be immune from what affects everyone else. We're ALL subject to political propaganda every day ... not to mention that of commercial product marketers. We must think critically and compare our own notes, and connect all of the dots daily. Or else we're going to be fooled again and again.

48Josh1856(6 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

"Shout Youngstown" shout! ...all you want, because now, out here in reality, everyone has officially stopped listening. I kinda hope ol' Jimbo gets elected, sometimes one has to hit rock bottom before one can begin to heal. Maybe this time he'll use federal funds for jobs instead of home improvements. Who knows?

Maybe he'll get steal back! Oh boy! Steal, yeah, yeah steal! Go Jimbo Go! Then, once he really gets going, maybe he'll get GM and Delphi and...and... well I'm sure there are other big employers around by now...to give everyone a HUGE raise and benefits to show those dirty Dems we don't need their Obamacare! Yeah! Then GM can get all NAFTA and build their cars in Mexico for 1/3 the cost! Then we can finally shut down that bum Henry Nemenz! Jimbo will show him! Take care of your employees will ya? Pay them a fair wage and benefits, eh? No union huh? Jimbo's gonna get you, buddy!

I really hope he does get elected. All you supporters deserve it.

49walter_sobchak(1979 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

webad,
THANK YOU FOR ACKNOWLEDGING MY BRILLIANCE!
Yes, I grew up in a good family, was taught right from wrong, to love and fear GOD, and I have become a productive member of society. Look at society's ills and it is a lack of respect. And, I don't believe that Jim is a good person either. But neither are any of the hypocrites in DC. I support a consumption tax for a large portion of our tax funding. This way, everyone would pay including the drug dealers. You can't deny the fact that Traficant did us a favor when he changed the burden of proof to the govt in tax court. Let's face it, every American citizen fears getting an audit from the IRS. They use fear to make sure you file your "voluntary" tax forms correctly. You do understand that filing a tax form is voluntary, don't you? But, see what happens if you don't file a tax return!

50cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

USEless1....I'm not blind Henry. I can find numerous articles from reliable news agencies that say less than 100,000 teabaggers in DC on 9/12/09. Here is another one from The Fix Noise Network.

What I can't find is one that says the 2.1 million teabaggers you claim. How about you posting one of those links you claim exist. I tell you what, I'll make it easy on you, just post one link that says more than 100,000. That way you wont look like a liar. That should be easy enough, unless you just made it up, right?

51Josh1856(6 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

USA1 - if you hurry, you can catch the point. Did you read and think about my post, or did you just see NAFTA and knee-jerk respond with some Jimbo rhetoric?

NAFTA does suck, particularly for folks at Lordstown. That plant is a $.50 raise away from receiving the "SHAFTA". Jimbo gets elected preaching from the "workin' man's" pulpit. His campaign strategy will rely on rabble rousing against the current Democratic powers that be, "standing up to" those corporate bums and no good DC tax collectors trying to screw us out of our earnings, and rallying the labor troops. It is likely, that once Jimbo has the troops rallied, GM will take advantage of NAFTA and leave town. Youngstown would be crushed. I don't care to see that happen.

"Teabagger" "Timmy Pelosi" "Obamacare" ...whatever. Fine. But Trafficant is NOT the answer. He is gasoline on a brush fire.

Can't stand the current state of affairs? Want to elect someone else? Godspeed. That's the foundation of our government - Vote the Bum Out! But, don't vote a bigger bum in.

52webad(156 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

walter_

And do you understand that lots of people who do not believe in a god are good people and productive citizens? Why did you bring god into this? Do you think your god-fearing gives you some kind of superior status?

Many disagree with the IRS's extreme tactics. But, every person cannot be relied upon to pay taxes voluntarily. Tax-paying is not voluntary if one can go to the federal pen for not paying them. How does a comparatively small agency get millions of people to pay up? Fear. It's what works.

The fact is, Fear runs the lives of most people in the US as well as the lives of people around the world. It's used to pull your strings by a lot of interests. ie. Men! Buy this car or you won't get the women. Look out! There might be a bomb on your plane. Boo! Obey the Lord or you're going to burn in hell for eternity. That's the way your masters (those whose money politicians need in order to get your vote ... and those who need to keep your tithe or Sunday basket cash rolling in) keep you in line.

Don't pay your taxes. Do it as civil disobedience and go to jail to draw attention to your no income-taxation cause. Women started doing that in the 1800's for their rights. Blacks have been doing it for centuries, too.

Most of all stop hiding your personal greed behind your religion.

53dreamcatcher52(140 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I bet Ryan's people (aka Pelosi and Obama) are trying right now to invalidate enough signatures on those petitions so Traficant will be disqualified from running. That's how Obama got started - eliminating all his competition so he could run unopposed. I wish I lived in Ryan's district so I could vote against him.

54Josh1856(6 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

USA1 - Put that cup down!! It's Kool-Aid!!

Again, please read what I wrote. I made no mention of supporting Obama, or Democrats.

Let's try sentence fragments, as grunts are difficult to type clearly.

Trafficant, bad. Someone else, good.

He stole from you, you and me, and everyone else in our home. He will likely do it again. Practice your right to vote, get Tim out. Get Obama out. Get Nancy out. But sweet Jesus, don't get Jim back in!

And, as far as you or "Web" are concerned, 16th Amendment chief.

55RobertAlphonso(74 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I don't know if Cambridge is actually blind but he is certainly NOT a liar.

I hope useless has just been lied to by his wingnut masters. Because if not, it would appear he is just a flat our LIAR.

56ts1227(137 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

paulb,
There is nothing that prohibits a felon from being seated in the US Congress. They could still refuse to seat him (or immediately re-expel him) as they essentially set their own rules, but nothing explicitly prohibits him from doing anything at the Federal level as a convicted felon.

He would be prohibited from running for a state level position if he ever wanted to, as Ohio does prohibit it.

57paulydel(1325 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I hate to say it but the Dems days are numbered. Jim Traficant was put in jail because he chose to hold his ground rather than bend to the will of the people who were supposed to represent us but didn't. We need more people to speak up and out and not be "sheeple".

58havinmysay(155 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

What a sad commentary on this area. An old washed up crook, who never did anything for this area by the way except bring shame on us, is lauded as a hero and the underdog.'

You people are just too easy. You are a con artists dream. You never get enough of being used abused and paying for the privilege. Jim Traficant will never unseat Tim Ryan. And I don't even like Tim Ryan!

There are good things happening in this area and there are people fighting to try to pull this dump out of the quagmires of the past (created by the likes of Traficant). But there are those in this area who are determined to live in the past.

Jim Traficant's political career has gone the way of the dinosaur, American made steel, and the integrity of this Valley--it is extinct.

59webad(156 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

havinmysay,

A great reasoned commentary. Congratulations on remaining rational amid all the blindness and stupidity. Not much has changed in decades there in Little Chicago.

USAnus1,

Buzz off.

60walter_sobchak(1979 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

webad,
Re-read my post. I never said you don't have to pay your taxes. It is our duty to fund the govt., I have no problem with that. What is voluntary is the filing of TAX FORMS. This is what the ordinary citizen has to fear. Most people cannot escape paying taxes as businesses are forced to withhold them. I personally believe every citizen should have to cut a quarterly check to pay their taxes from their gross income.

I am also not a greedy person. Avarice is one of the seven deadly sins. If you were a God-fearing person you would know that. Greed is the excessive desire for money or possessions. I work damn hard for my income and I don't need others with their hands in my pocket. When you grow up without two nickels to rub together, you know the value of a buck and you also know the value in providing for those who cannot provide for themselves.

There is also nothing wrong with fear. Fear of God is a necessity in my world. Fear of hunger or not providing for my family keeps me working every day. BUt, I should not have to fear my govt. because the govt is subordinate to me. The power is supposed to reside with the people in this country.

61AXLE69(181 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

usa0 pro-teabagger,why are you asking people what drugs they are on when you`re the one that`s delusional? Were you such a big Traficant supporter back in the 80`s when you began working at GM? He was the biggest critic of your boy Reagan in the entire Democratic Party and with good reason because the Gipper was a bad POTUS. Now because he`s spoken at a few of your teabag picnics,he`s your hero eh? LOL! Priceless.He`s using you baggers just like your girly Palin and I``m loving every second of it.Truly loving it.You teabaggers are so caught up in your rhetoric and insanity that you don`t even realize it.
Trust me,I know Traficant.He doesn`t give a damn about you baggers or your issues but keep believing in your fantasy,it`s great entertainment.

62whatusay(5 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Cambridge: You are the model liberal, aren't you? You ask for proof while calling names. The proof gets put in front of your face and you scoff, and call names. I have witnessed your methods for too long now. I had to speak up. We are not liars, we are not bigots, we do not live in trailers. Just once, when you ask for the proof and someone posts it...CONCEDE!!! After all, that is what will get your party voted the hell out in November. Never accepting any blame, always the righteous one's, right? WRONG. Bunch of flippin hypocrites!

JesseDavid: Thank you. I have to admit I smiled when you posted the proof in the pudding.

USA1: You do have a habit of claiming things and balking on the proof. Take a lesson from JesseDavid and quit spouting the same party line crap in all your posts.

Thank you....and I'm done.

63whatusay(5 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

BTW, people are hyped by Traficant because he is a novelty. He is a leader, however his record with the law stinks. He has a record of doing good things when in office. He is saying and doing things other politicians wouldn't dream of. Maybe that's why he has support. People are sick of the status-quo. People my age are looking for someone interesting and, yes sometimes ridiculous, to get behind. We have had it with the stuffy shirt, politically correct, "squeaky clean image with skeletons in the closet" politicians only out for their lifetime pension and ever raising wage (self-invoked). He may be using the Teaparty people, he may be on the level, but whatever his motivations, he will get a good chunk of the support because he is, like it or not, beloved in this area. And his skeletons are pinned to his toupee for everyone to see.

64whatusay(5 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm an independent as well. If I claim something, I have 5 links ready to back me up against jerks like Cambridge. Just sayin, on the teaparty comments, you claimed the number of teaparty goers in DC was a certain amount. And it was painful to watch comment after comment asking for a link to prove it. You posted none. You made it look like a lie, especially when all of the liberal links were posted. I checked. There is no link to prove what you say. I was there, there were more than 100,000. But I am not going to claim it cuz I can't prove it.

65cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

whatusay....I suggest you read the post #40 from JesseDavid. His post confirms that the population of California increased in the past year as it does every year. If you have proof of any year that the population decreased then poet it.

As far as my questioning if his post #44 sounds like one from a bigot is because to me it did. He is the one that brought up the heritage of who our American citizens are and who he thinks they will be 30+ years from now. This obviously matters to him.

It doesn't matter to me. I live in a giant melting pot and I love it. It lets me experience peoples customs, foods, language and history. It's called culture. You ought to give it a try some time.

66whatusay(5 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Ok Cambridge. Here is your link. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. It says that 1/3 of Cali's population is ILLEGAL!! How's that for proof. I love different cultures and everything that comes with them. I travel the world, any chance I get. Posting an article proving the fact claimed, and them being called a bigot, because the fact just so happens to include the word "hispanic" shows what we are dealing with here. As I have said before, you liberals are the racists. Anytime you can't win an argument on facts and merit, you resort to name calling. You are the biggest bigot on this site. Posting a link with the proof you asked for is not a "bigot" thing to do. Calling you names in return and not showing proof, now that's a bigot.

67whatusay(5 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

USA1, I hate to say this, but I think you may be beyond comprehending reason. Telling people to "keyword" something you supposedly posted is a cop-out. It is just as easy to post the link. Like I said, there isn't one. As far as the SEIU thug incident...enough already. Yes, the video and evidence shows that something was amiss. But we have more pressing matters to contend with. Socialism for one. Let's focus on the matter at hand. We need to be the beacon of light for those lost in this rhetoric sea. We need to speak the truth, because the truth is bad enough, and if we are speaking the truth, we can prove it. That's something liberals, dems and GOP's alike can't say. The people see what is going on in Washington, and they are fed up. The tea partiers aren't the only ones who are peeved off either. Let's do something unheard of in politics. Let's be HONEST, even if it means admitting fault every now and then.

68cambridge(3101 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

whatusay.....I read your link twice. It states word for word: "More than a third of the population is Hispanic and a quarter of the country's 10.8 million illegal immigrants are here."

Now I'm going to attempt to explain to you what that all means.

Hispanic does not mean illegal. It refers to a persons heritage not their legal status.

A quarter of the country's 10.8 million illegals would be 2.7 million.

There are 36,457,549 people in California. 2.7 million is 7.5% not the 1/3 you claim.

I believe the reason for you confusion is that your stupid.

69atek101(77 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Is anyone besides me concerned about the fact that we have a felon convicted of bribery, racketeering and tax evasion, while in office, running for Congress--again?

Though I have no doubt that Ryan's record will speak for itself at the polls, it disgusts me that this man, who made our community the laughing stock of the entire country when I was a kid, could get enough signatures in our district to run for the same position again!

Though I feel a radio show might be an interesting forum for him to engage the community in political discussion, he had his chance in public office, and he 'beamed it up,' sky high.

It's not the 1990s anymore, it's 2010. If this community plans to convince my generation to stick around the Valley, it's going to have and choose better leaders to represent us. At least this time around, my peers will be able to voice their vote against corruption in Congress.

70walter_sobchak(1979 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

atek101,
You are spot on! There is no doubt that the entire country views Traficant's antics as some clown act. I always felt that business viewed him as what he shows himself to be and that, combined with the Valley's sterling reputation for political corruption, mob violence, and union activism has kept things from moving forward here. It is interesting that, since Jimbo has been locked up, we have had some significant development in our area. To put this guy back in Washington would be the cherry on top of the sundae!

71Josh1856(6 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Anyone else remember the last 30 years? The Valley's greatest period of decline, beginning around 1980-82 when steel finally left town (Jimbo indicted the first time in 1983) until roughly the late 1990s ....when did Jimbo's charges finally stick? Hmmmnnnn...... If Jimbo is so great, how come everything went to hell on his watch?

This blog has been fun to keep tabs on - lots of crazy passion! Though, I might suggest we all stop wasting energy on USA1. He is a zealot - likely a future Teabagger suicide bomber.

72atek101(77 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

It's working great, actually. 110 promises kept, and 31 compromises. Sure there's some stalled progress as well, but what do you expect with a Congress so caught up in party politics that it refuses to collaborate?

73ozzi(14 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

Good Luck and Best Wishes from Australia in The upcoming Election Jimbo.I cant comment on israel as comment will be removed again But any one with half a Brain already knows.

74MVP(67 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

The ultimate irony will be if Jimbo loses by one vote since we all know CONVICTED FELONS CAN'T VOTE! Maybe there's a lesson there?

Remember, in the American political system, you get the representation you deserve. If you vote him in, you deserve to be stolen from, lied to and cheated just like he did (and was convicted of) last time.

75ozzi(14 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

MVP. Obviously have a fool brain.

76AXLE69(181 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago

usa0 pro-teabgger,as usual you ignored my question.How did you feel about Jimbo,when he was the biggest critic of your hero Reagan? And don`t try to deny he was.He would even admit to that.He also wanted all the unions to shut down the country for one day to protest the corporations screwing the working man.Remember that?
Yes usa0,Jimbo loved the union movement and likely still does.How do jibe that with your union hating even though the UAW negotiated great wages and benefits for you as well as the buyout you took at GM in 2006? LOL!
Did you see the Repub party admitted that they began to describe your wingnut cabal as teabaggers? haha.... Darn,there goes your complaint about calling me a juvenile name caller eh?.Hey if the shoe fits,right usa0-pro-teabagger?
I checked the election reults for your teabag candidates in Ohio and nationwide,dude,it`s not good.I thought you baggers were going to make a statement.lol.....I don`t think the majority of you teabaggers are even registered to vote.Your sweeping,roaring tidal wave is more like a leaking toilet.LOL!
Polls are showing that the nation is tiring of all the antics of you teabaggers,birthers,Palintologists etc.That`s great news, not just for the rest of us rational people out here but the USA as well.Debate is a good thing.Dumbness is not.

77andersonathan(675 comments)posted 4 years, 7 months ago