Rep. Ryan postpones health-care meeting, citing safety concerns

Published: Wed, March 31, 2010 @ 12:07 a.m.

By WILLIAM K. ALCORN

alcorn@vindy.com

YOUNGSTOWN

photo

Duke Bennett of Wellsville, left, and Robert Henricksen of Struthers were among a group of Ohio Valley Tea Party supporters who demonstrated against President Barack Obama’s health-care reform law. They gathered Tuesday at the entrance of the Youngstown Community.

Citing potential danger to himself and others and inadequate security, U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan postponed an informational meeting about health-care reform.

The meeting was scheduled for 2:15 p.m. Tuesday at Youngstown Community Health Center on Wick Avenue.

About 15 demonstrators, many supporting the Ohio Valley Tea Party, which its spokesman at the scene, Duke Bennett of Wellsville, said is against “Obamacare,” were at the entrance to the health-care center, many carrying signs of protest.

“Obamacare” is a “socialist-driven agenda” that will bankrupt the nation, Bennett said, referring to President Barack Obama and his subsequent signing of the health-care reform law.

“What we are standing against is government mandating us to buy into an entitlement program,” said Robert Henricksen of Struthers, who said he was the organizer of Tuesday’s demonstration.

“We will reschedule the meeting,” said Patrick Lowry, spokesman for Ryan of Niles, D-17th.

He said, however, given the environment surrounding health care, it was canceled for the safety of everyone concerned.

“This was to be an informational meeting. The point is, people come here [Youngstown Community Health Center] to get their health-care needs met. It is not a political forum,” Lowry said.

“The congressman is not afraid to talk to people with divergent viewpoints. However, it was an issue of inadequate security at the venue,” said Heather McMahon, a member of Ryan’s staff.

“We welcomed the event, but we have had numerous threatening letters and telephone calls” regarding health-care reform, she added.

The health-care reform bill is positive for health clinics that serve the uninsured because it will provide $5 billion for operation and expansion of services and $1.5 billion for capital projects, said Dr. Ronald Dwinnells, chief executive officer of One Health Ohio.

One Health Ohio is the umbrella organization for Youngs-town Community Health Center, 726 Wick.

Forty-one percent of the clients of One Health Ohio, which also has health-care centers in Warren and Alliance, don’t have health insurance, Dr. Dwinnells said.

People on the street in downtown Youngstown, picked at random, expressed serious doubts about the health-care reform bill or were opposed to it.

A 23-year-old single mother, who is working and has health insurance through her job, said she is concerned that it will hurt the middle class and older people, such as her grandparents.

“I don’t like it,” said Jason Mumaw, 27, of Poland, who works at Turning Technologies.

“With all the polls saying the public was against President Obama’s plan, why did it pass? It should have gone back for a more bipartisan solution,” he added.

Comments

1Springman(235 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

What does Robert Henricksen do for a living? How old is he? What is his educational background? Has he or any of his family held public office? How is he registered? Is he contemplating becomming a candidate? Does he have insurance? How did he get to be a leader and organizer? Is he or his organization funded? Is it tied to a national organization?

What about Duke Bennett?

State whether or not the rally was organized by the R party!!

Please report.

2pastorduke(1 comment)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Neither Robert or I hold or aspire to any political office as far as I know. We are, however informed voters who see a travesty taking place by doling out a "free" morsel of cheese, unwitting people walk blindly into a socialist "mousetrap", sacrificing their God given liberties for a few "free" goodies. All of this at the expense of whom? You and I, that's who. Every working person will be forced to pay for this, whether you ever need it or not and every non-working person will reap the benefits of your hard labor. Somehow that just don't seem American. As far as political affiliation, I can't speak for Robert, but I used to be a Democrat until I saw the party being taken over by far left socialists the slaughter of innocent unborn babies and every form of perversion as their holy grails. I then became a Republican and they let me down as well, so now I am Independent. I hope that helps.

3AtownParent(561 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

While the healthcare bill sucks and is not the change that truly is needed, I wish people would truly understand the definition of socialism before they spout off that this bill is socialism. Google the definition, quit looking ignorant.

4valleygal(24 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

How does Tea Party = terrorist?? There was no indication that this was not a peaceful demonstration. Last time I checked I thought I lived in America = the Land of the Free, but I'm beginning to question that when I'm told what I can own, how much I can make, what insurance I can provide for my employees, and that I have to pay to kill the unborn innocent or to euthanize the elderly or infirm.

5stain(27 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

pastorjoke - Why weren't you this upset when bush's prescription drug bill that gave seniors some free "goodies" and cost this country a trillion dollars?

Why aren't you upset about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that are costing this country roughtly a trillion dollars? Not to mention the loss of life, or is all life not actually sacred to you?

And what is this hard labor you speak of? I wish I could leave work on a Tuesday afternoon at 2:15. Or do you even work?

Is this really about government for you? Or are you just using this as an opportunity to push your religious bag of "goodies"

6Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Tim Ryan seem to not endear dissent unless it is against those who object to being fleeced by the Reid and Pelosi agenda . IT'S ALL GOOD TIMMY !

7stain(27 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

P.S. pastorjoke - Did you photoshop your freedom works profile picture? The picture in the vindy looks like your dad.

8HaydenThomas(208 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

stain asks some very valid questions of pastorduke who seems unwilling to answer. Why no outrage when seniors got the Medicare prescription coverage? Why no outrage when we went to war with Iraq for no valid reason? Why no outrage when Republicans were running up this debt we are being crushed by?

The answer of course is racism. These white groups can call themselves tea partiers or anti government if they want. The fact is they don't want any benefits to go to minorities or immigrants. They are also abortion warriors. They are against Democrats who favor abortion rights and mad at Republicans for not outlawing it while they had the power.

They are the most insidious of people.

9Fattkidd(45 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Pastor claims he is an 'informed' voter but then claims that people are going to get 'free' healthcare which is not true, you'll still have to pay something for it. That is hardly socialism.

What those who don't have health INSURANCE are going to get is subsidised health insurance.

You're not against subsidies, are you? I mean, why is it ok for farmers and oil companies to get gov't subsidies but, not ok for the rest of us? Right wing-nut Michelle Bachman has been going around the country talking about 'death panels' and 'socialism' all the while her family has taken in over $250,000 in gov't subsidies on her family cattle farm.

Damn Socialist! Only in America could it be ok for one family to receive $250,000 from the gov't for nothing but NOT ok for a person to receive a couple thousand a year from the gov't to help pay for their health insurance. Hypocrites.

Another lie is that this bill 'kills the innocent unborn' or some BS like that. It does not. Again, MISinformed. There are also no 'death panels'. The End of Life Counseling provision was added by a GOP senator from GA, Isakson (sp?). He's hardly a 'socialist' or a eugenicist.

The comments posted on this board leave me weaping for my once great nation. It's obvious ignorance, fear and superstition now rule this land.

We are truely entering another Dark Age.

10Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

HaydenThomas :

If the motivational factor for the Tea Party was as simple as racism they would be embracing abortion . Far more blacks abort their children than whites .

Their motivation is regaining control for the working class who develop wealth for this nation . The solution is not taxing more but putting people to work so there are more to tax .

11300(553 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Read the comments, and I think everyone will see this guy for what he is, and why he's started up own little cult of personality down on the Ohio river.

This guy doesn't stand for freedom, he stands for a fundamentalist Christian state that would act similar to the Taliban. Oh, and it looks like everything he does is tax-exempt. Ironic.

12borylie(782 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson: If a country is big enough to give you everything it wants, it's strong enough to take away what it wants.

13Overtaxed_Voter(14 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

To me, this situation is a perfect example of how CLUELESS Tim Ryan and his staff really are.

If they had been 'listening' to their constituents, they would have known that the public is unhappy with his vote on this bill.

With nearly no appearances by Rep. Ryan that are open to the general public, even an attempt to schedule one in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday would turn out at least 15 people who weren't there to bow down to or kiss the ring of Tim.

If a well publicized, weekend or evening meeting is ever held that is open to the public, Ryan will get an earful from those who feel he is NOT representing their best interests or wishes in his role as Congressman.

At least residents of the Youngstown area get an occasional opportunity to see Rep. Ryan.
He won't even step foot into Summit County (also part of his district) for a public meeting.

14cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

pastoduke....Your myspace page claims Jesus as your hero. Do you think Jesus would support insurance companies making billions in profits and paying politicians millions to vote against reform?

Would Jesus support an insurance company that made a 2.7 billion dollar profit in the last quarter of 2009 and then raised premiums as much as 39% in the first quarter of 2010?

Would Jesus support denieing coverage to a person with a preexisting condition.or an insurance company not honoring a claim or treatment simple because they didn't want to?

Do you think Jesus would want you to claim that the bill would pay for abortions or it contains death panels when doesn't?

Do you really think Jesus would be against universal health care?

I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. What would Jesus do?

15Alexinytown(246 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Cam, do you understand that insurance companies make an average of 3-4 cents on the dollar in net profit? Help yourself to a few 10-K annual reports and look into it, because if I was only making a couple of cents for every dollar of revenue, I would probably be out of the business for greener pastures. This new bill, with all of these new enrollees (and a lot of them being high payout) will mean one of two things: jacked up premiums to pay for all of this, or closure of the insurance companies.

Secondly, I do not think you speak for Jesus here. I will not do so to make an argument because that is silly.

Insurance premiums are going to raise because of this bill, and if you think they are going to go down you are very misguided.

I agree with certain aspects of this bill, but a mandate is unconstitutional and will be found to be so shortly.

16roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I am Robert Henricksen, 33 years old. I live in Youngstown and I am a small business owner. Do I plan to run for political office? No. I am an independent.
Now, the reason I organized yesterdays protest is because I am extremely concerned about the health care bill mandate for EVERY American to buy into an entitlement. What about S.S.? Well, take a look at the current condition of social security and turns out you are just making my point. The government has proven it does not run an insurance company any better than the private sector. All entitlements have been a strain to our free-economy and S.S. and this new bill CRUSH the idea of a free market system. It diminishes banks lending capabilities, through an amendment that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with health care. The bill itself is 2700 pages long & every article is mostly information gathering. Requirements, that aren't requirements, for business owners to implement health awareness programs in which they will report to an agency established by the state. They don't say that you have to implement it but if the state is going to go through the trouble to do it, they will tell you you must also. There goes a little more of your state and individual sovereignty. Add up all these losses and the ones to come with his next Cap and Trade agenda and the guy who posted earlier was right about being wrong in defining this as socialism, this is down right communist/totalitarian.
Take a look at H.B. 3200, pages 1000-1008. Micro-chipping patients with radio transponders, which have already been approved by the F.D.A. at least in standard requirements for manufacture.
Granted, nobody has found it in the new bill, but it's not exactly not in there. Remember the information gathering process they are going through? Now I'm hearing on the news that clinics are having problems "losing" medical records.
This is a 2700+ page bill with who knows how many pages of amendments, that was passed through a massively partisan process. I have a hard time believing that most Americans are this far left. Most of us are center right. This bill does not jive with America's values. This is NOT a democracy, this is a republic with a democratically elected representative form of government and America did not get the representation it expected from our representatives. The reason the dems. have the massive majority they have speaks to the fact that we are centrists. We were angry with Bush so we WAY over compensated, after a 12 year Republican majority.
I will be there EVERY chance I get to confront party-line politicians like Tim Ryan. He is nothing more than a Pelosi puppet. I will be there EVERY chance I get to stand of for my and your liberties, even if they don't mean that much to you. Even if you are willing to sacrifice your individuality for the greater collective good, you don't speak for the majority and who are you or they to tell me what is good for me, in the United States of America?

17stain(27 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Alex - A mandate is NOT unconstitutional and will NOT be found so shortly.

Below is one of a multitude of reasons why rethug challenges to this are a waste of taxpayer money (like most of what they do)

"In July, 1798, Congress passed, and President John Adams signed into law “An Act for the Relief of Sick and Disabled Seamen,” authorizing the creation of a marine hospital service, and mandating privately employed sailors to purchase healthcare insurance.

This legislation also created America’s first payroll tax, as a ship’s owner was required to deduct 20 cents from each sailor’s monthly pay and forward those receipts to the service, which in turn provided injured sailors hospital care. Failure to pay or account properly was discouraged by requiring a law violating owner or ship’s captain to pay a 100 dollar fine."

18roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Notice I never mentioned race one time. Race has absolutely nothing to do with this, and shame on those who want to make this about race. For those who do want to talk about it, take a look at who is really doing the exploiting of the minority classes. And they come as your benevolent servants! For the purpose of winning a voting demographic. Minorities should feel used.
Anybody want to talk about land banking?

19roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear."
Marcus Tullius Cicero 42B.C.

20stain(27 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

To all the rethug teabaggers on this post including robbie and the duke - YOU F*%^&# UP THIS COUNTRY AND YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BACK.

21roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Stain, maritime law does not translate to law of the land. Although admiral law applies to some land activities those activities are applicable to maritime activities. We Americans, when concerned with our individual lives, concern ourselves with domestic policy. What I am saying is that maritime law is no grounds for precedent in domestic policy. The supreme court should not even argue on those grounds.

22roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Hey Stain, thank you for exposing yourself and your like for what you are.
You sound like Gullum.
My precious. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT. IT'S MINE!!!
Stain sounds like an apt name.

23cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Alexinytown....A few points.

First of all I never claimed to speak for Jesus. I'm not even religious. But on his myspace page pastoduke comes off as someone who has Jesus as his hero but who's actions and rhetoric is less than Christian.

Second, thanks for pointing out those miniscule profits by the health insurance companies. As I understand it profits would be what the stock holders realize after expenses. I'm pretty sure those expenses would include a COE with 20 million in salary and bonuses and the rest of the top executives that make millions in salary and bonuses. All that says to me is that they are ripping off the stock holders along with the policy holders.

Insurance companies do nothing to participate in anyones health care. Their sole purpose for existence is to make money. I don't believe the concept of profit for an industry that doesn't do anything is capitalism. I think it's a scam.

I believe in a single payer not for profit health care system. Why don't you post a list of countries that don't offer at least universal health care and I'll post a list of countries that do and I'll let you tell me which list of countries you would rather live in.

24eagleye(59 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Have you noticed that Ryan just can't seem to have a real meeting that is not controlled by his staff? His health care "town hall meetings" were small groups of cherry picked supporters who supported the socialist plan. This meeting was cancelled because of a few people exercising their free speech rights. Ryan can't stand any dissent, and seems afraid to actually have an open forum with people. I didn't vote for him, and at the next election, I'll be working hard to get this coward out of office.

25roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

This country is divided by people like stain because people like myself and pastorduke are standing up to PRESERVE our values. "You cannot have it BACK" admits the fact that something is being TAKEN from one side by the other. These people preach tolerance. You are the hypocrites, you who are so tolerant. I don't see communist ideology as progress for a free nation. C'mon progressives, keep on talkin'.

26roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

People who participate in our current social M.C. programs in medi-care and medic-aid are twice as likely to be denied care than from a private company by some estimates. I agree that there are some bad insurance companies, but not all and the government has NEVER shown that it would be a better one. There are SOME good things in this bill, and if it results in straightening out the insurance companies, well, that will be a good thing. I do not agree that a single payer, not for profit is a better medical system for a lot of reasons. I have yet to hear of a system like that who's recipients rave about it. People come here from all over the world for study and treatment because we have a good system. Flawed, yes, but single payer, not for profit is not going to make it better in research and development. People will get care but we sacrifice expedience and quality. What about all the other garbage in the bill? This bill should NEVER have passed.

27cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

roberthenricksen.....Research and development are not done by insurance companies. It is done primarily buy Universities that are at least partially subsidized by the government and by drug and equipment companies who pass that cost on in the price of their products.

Insurance companies do nothing regarding treatment for anyone. What they do is deny treatment as often as possible to make as much money as possible.

What country without universal health care would you consider a good model for our health care system?

28roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I never said that insurance companies did subsidize r&d. I realize that WE the tax payer subsidize it through our tax structure and what I am saying is that implementing a single payer system and putting our tax dollars in place as the sole subsidiary of the entire medical industry may reduce cost to some consumers but it will sacrifice quality care.
I have never been denied care. I am not saying people aren't but I never have been. Like I said, there are some bad companies, but must we cut off our nose despite our faces?
To answer your question; ours. Why should we model ourselves after another country. Haven't we always been the leader in these areas?

29roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

This is headed for the weeds, though. My point is principles. Government has no business in the lives of it's citizens to this degree. Where does it end? What is happening here is that lines are being drawn. People say, "oh, your against this entitlement but not that one" or get stuck on details that may or may not be a good thing. I am saying,"Enough. This is where I draw the line."

30roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Venus, thank you! I, like you, do not identify with a party. I have found that most tea party members values are in line with mine and so I identify with some (not all) of them. The only advice I would give you would be to know who you are and stand by your principles. As long as you do not engage in terrorist like activities, who cares what they label you. It's a diversion, meant to make us shut up. The truth will be seen, as it is already coming clear.
Yesterday, Tim Ryan put the A.C.O.R.N. like group, M.V.O.C. out front to try to sell this bill. These people get funding from unions like S.E.I.U. and U.F.C.W. After the rally in D.C. when the black congressman was supposedly spit upon and called derogatory names, Ryan railed, vehemently, against the tea party, calling us terrorists and racists, tea-baggers (pretty derogatory if you know what it means) and calling on the G.O.P. to denounce us. Funny, I seem to remember the S.E.I.U. administering a beat down to a black conservative at an event just not too long ago. Somebody referred to ME as a hypocrite. Tim Ryan does business with these people who ACTUALLY engage in terroristic behavior.

31stain(27 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Obama will cruise to another victory in 2012.

You assume your values are American values, nearly 70 million voters have disagreed with that.

Providing money for healthcare is a value that I and most Americans support.

The republican party is morally bankrupt and if your dear chairman keeps spending like he is you goons will be financially bankrupt as well.

32cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

robertthenricksen.....We definitely are not the leader in health care. "The World Heath Organization" ranks France as number one in the world and America number thirty seven.

Not only is their and many others health care ranked above ours they spend only 10% of their GDP on health care and we spend 17%.

Actually the United States spends more money per person on health care than any other country on the planet. The other countries insure everyone and we have 40 million uninsured and the number is growing every day.

You say there are bad companies out there and something should be done. By Who? If you don't want the government to step in than the only other alternative I can think of is self regulation by the insurance companies. How do you think that's been working out so far?

You say you have never been denied health care. You may have and not even known it. When a doctor decides on a treatment it's the best treatment your insurance company will pay for. If the doctor already knows that a treatment will be denied it wont be prescribed and you wouldn't even know it.

If you don't believe me ask your doctor if your insurance company's willingness to pay isn't considered. Better yet call your doctor and pretend to be a new patient and when the start asking you about insurance tell them you don't have any and let me know how the rest of that phone call goes.

What I'm saying is by no means a bad rap on doctors. They deserve to get paid and they deserve to make a very good living.

I just don't understand why people are so afraid of getting rid of the hundreds of billions of dollars that go to insurance companies CEO's, executives, overhead, profits and lobbyist and think that will result in less quality in our health care.

33stain(27 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

robbie - I love how you try and present yourself as an educated person who has done research on issues etc.

MVOC recieves over 95% of their funding from the Wean Foundation. The rest comes from grants. They do work with unions like SEIU but they are not funded by them.

In regards to your take on maritime law - all acts passed by congress and signed by the President are subject to Judicial Review. Whether it applies to the Armed Forces or regular citizens it doesn't matter.

jessiedavid - Obama is not a half term or one term quitter like teabag queen sarah palin. You cannot and will not out smart or outlast him.

34roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I know exactly how the Raymond John Wean foundation works and I know exactly how the community organizing groups like A.C.O.R.N. which they fund work. I know how they work in collaboration with other organizations like S.E.I.U. and U.F.C.W. and lien forward Ohio, who if you would like to get into a discussion about land banking, and some of the other re-distributive activities these people are into, we can but trust me, I am not merely presenting myself as something I am not. It is a collaborative so, yes, they do certainly receive support from these unions.
As to maritime law, sure it's subject to judicial review, if you can show me somewhere that maritime law was implemented on the mainland when the laws didn't pertain to maritime activity, well then, I guess your pretty frickin' smart. I'm guessing you can't. Just because Obama may be willing to try some back door B.S. doesn't make it right and that's why I'm here. Stain, you are the pretender here buddy. Don't even try it. Go look some stuff up and get back to me.

35roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Cambridge, you are completely missing the point. Here's one little fact about the cost of medicine in Canada, before I attempt to point you to what my actual point is. The people, not the government are responsible for the low cost of prescription drugs there. Their refusal to pay more, for prescriptions, than what the insurance companies will cover has kept consumer costs low.
My point:
We, as Americans, value individuality and excellence. The far left agenda has these values under assault under the guise of working for the collective good. Their intentions to many seem altruistic and benign, but the result is always the same; totalitarian tyranny. I do not trust the government to be a benevolent ruler if only I relinquish my liberties to them. I am a firm believer that the government that governs least governs best. That said, there is a way to better our health care system by those principles, but this administration doesn't share my values so they will not explore such things. I don't want to live in France but if you do, go right ahead. I am not willing to sit idly by while America turns into France, however. Health care, I don't believe was the entire agenda in this bill. We'll see what the courts say.

36walter_sobchak(1886 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Cambridge,
I always take these ratings with a grain of salt. WHO ranks us at 37 based on what criteria? France #1? All France has ever given the world is how to eat despicable cuts of meat, like tripe, with delicious sauces. Oh, and they taught the world how to march backward and surrender. If it wasn't for the US, the French would be goose-stepping in the street and eating schnitzel. ANd, if they have such a great health care system, would they please do something about the smell!

We Americans have always put a value on rugged individualism, hard work, and a never say die attitude that the world envies. The world envies our freedom and liberty and the fact that your dreams can be fulfilled in this country. But, if you want to ruin our health care system and hinder further development, remove the profit motive from it. The development of everything in this country was driven by the opportunity to strike it rich. Automobiles, airplanes, trains, communications, construction, even armaments, have been perfected here because of the profit motive. DuPont made a fortune perfecting and manufacturing gunpowder (evil). But, look at the type of corporation that DuPont has become. (A company started by E.I. DuPont, a frenchman, that struck it rich in America!) Why should it be that just because some development has to do with health care should a person be denied the ability to profit from it? Look at how much profit lawyers make from people in misery. So, move to France. Just plug your nose!

37roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I wish I could have said it so eloquently.

38Neighborhood(1 comment)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Regarding MVOC (from today's Business Journal):

"One held a cardboard sign that proclaimed “M.V.O.C.=A.C.O.R.N.,” a reference to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. Acorn, a national nonprofit organization near bankruptcy, which has been the subject of scandal this year.

Eunice Henricksen of Struthers held a sign targeting Kirk Noden, executive director of M.V.O.C., “Kirk Noden, Go Back to Chicago!”...Noden noted that he grew up in Summit County near Stow. He is a graduate of Kent State University and worked nine years as a community organizer in Chicago.

“I’m here because M.V.O.C. was going to be here,” Henricksen
explained, “because we’re unhappy.” Henricksen is employed by a family business in Warren, she said.

As she understands it, M.V.O.C. is funded “by unions, the government.” More specifically, she alleged that the Service Employees International Union and United Food and Commercial Workers” are underwriting M.V.O.C.

Noden, who had planned to attend Ryan’s briefing, said that his organization does not receive any of its funding from the government, whether federal, state or local, nor from any labor union although it has entered informal partnerships with labor unions. Instead, MVOC gets its funding from membership dues and grants from various philanthropies, one of the largest grants coming from the Raymond John Wean Foundation.

Henricksen’s husband, Robert, who organized yesterday’s demonstration, said he is not only against the health care reform act, he is against land banks, something M.V.O.C. is working for as it seeks to empower low-income neighborhoods in Youngstown and Warren."

Note:
1. MVOC website: "Currently, MVOC works with over sixty churches, schools, neighborhood groups, youth organizations, non-profits, the business community, and labor unions in the Youngstown and Warren area to address issues such as vacant properties, health equity, federal policy change for smaller industrial communities and other quality of life issues impacting the Mahoning Valley."

2. Land bank legislation passed the Ohio State Senate (Republican majority) 31-1 last week...and then House (concurrence vote) 99-0.

It was supported by the Ohio Association of Realtors who also provided testimony in support of the legislation.

39ailierdroit(105 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

This administration is seemingly bankrupting the morality of our country on a weekly basis. I can see a civil war brewing. To that end, I think we need one.

Too many people who lack discernment, too many people who have no value for family. Too many people who refuse to be productitive. Too many people who abuse their freedoms. Rid them or let them all decay and allow those who wish to prosper to prosper.

40roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Check out this link to see why I am against land banks. Read the whole thing and maybe you will understand. Nobody heard of this or understood it. This comes in a pretty little package that looks like community beautification but creates a non-profit corporation "LEGALLY" distinct from government and yet receive government funding in the form of treasury loans and tax penalty money, organized by the government and given virtually unbridled power to foreclose on properties. M.V.O.C. is a participant in this land banking and you say they don't get government or union money. Because the money comes in different forms doesn't make it any less true. The only over-sight these orgs. will have will be State Audits. Hmm, who handles those.
I thank you sir for bringing this to attention. People need to understand this. This is another expansion of government into the private sector. If our government were at all concerned with free-market principles the property situation could have been remedied through the private sector. The government creating non-profit corporations doesn't count as private sector job creation.
Paint me to be against the poor and minorities all you want. I am not. If people were more inclined to create a more business and industry friendly environment here there would be far more job and far less poor people. Instead they are bent on creating a welfare state. I hate to see my fellow Americans in poverty because their government wants them there. Like Alinsky said, "We have to create a feeling of dis-enchantment" "Win over the middle class, because they are in values right leaning." And if we fail we could be called traitors but if we succeed we will be founding fathers.
This is the progressive Hand-book and probably a hero to neighborhood1.
Read the P.D.P. on the link I provided!!!!

41borylie(782 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Once you get past the "useful idiots" as USA kindly refers to the misinformed posters, this debate has turned into an intelligent discussion with very informative info. I'm really learning something rather then treating these debates as a whose better the Browns or the Steelers, which doesn't change our lives one bit no matter who wins the game. Rooting for our country as it was formed 234 years ago should be our common goal, not rooting for a political party who's self interests outweigh the concerns of the common man and does affect our lives. Sincerely, my thanks.

42Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

@crasterduke

Oh no you don't,..

First off you're no pastor nor are you nor mad clown jesterdavid Independent's either.

See I'm an Independent and with the sense and impartiality that affords me. I immediately distinguished you two fraud fobs have got nutso variety written all over you.

See had you been a pastor you'd not be such a liar where fraud is your mantra and bias fuels your blasphemy,.. got that?

See a pastor would have sensibly welcomed the congressman and citizens have a open discussion. So questions could be waged and answers rendered in response.

What you did was opposed any such information to be exchanged without being disrupted. Solely because the facts will vanquish the myths you proclaim.

Thus in a manner of who's who and whats what you'd be left looking and sounding exactly like the abominable fool you proclaim not to be,..

See a discussion would have been the perfect place for you to exult your proclaimed intelligence and facts of the matter and yet you refused that opportunity and or challenge,.. AND WE ALL KNOW WHY !!!

I also picked up on how you tried to weave a mythical web. Alleging you the used to be a democrat,.. complete with the baby killing LIE !!!

Then you allegedly changed to republican and they let you down. No you didn't change from republican they LOST and are so disgraced you're trying to put a new spin on your lying liar lies,.. TEABAG THAT.

So now you claim to be a Independent and no way in hell will I or any other sensible Independent allow you to like about having any accord with us,.. YOU ARE A JOKE.

So see you've never been a democrat, you lie on god proclaiming you present a god associated religion and as a Independent I'm here to inform everyone you're no Independent either,.. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

See via what I've just translated in real talk extracted from that cesspool of silliness you spooned up. Fact is it's without question you're nothing less than a teabagger variety republican,.. COMPLETE WITH TALKING POINT LIES.

You're such a fraud you're not even genuine enough to try to recruit by imploring any facts,.. AND THAT'S PATHETIC.

Where as a non partisan Independent that's how we get to the meat of the issue and determine what we support and what we don't.

So let this be a lesson that next time you even think about slithering down your slippery slope filled with your sack of snit like that again.

To bear difference based on facts is normal and respectable. But you're a liar in masking your opposition and I'm making it known and easy for all to see,..

So be aware that god doesn't bless liars and only fools would fall for your line of trolling.

Where in that reality there's a choice citizens and brethren make. To be in either accord with the true and or falter to laying prey to being mislead by those like you,.. FACTS NOT FOOLERY !!!

43Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

@MFC997

You're dealing with more than you realize you petulant hate monger.

See you're serving as the exact reason your theft and deception based republican racket has been so disfavored.

American's are living through the grand plan of republican methodology. Where we don't like being lied into wars, pitted against one another.

Nor having mass deregulation policies that allowed the bankers and health care hostage takers. To feed off us all as divided despots you several degrees below a dimwit.

So whatever your false sense / hopes of regaining an acceptance for us all to embrace having our jobs exported, friends, family and neighbors slaughtered in unjustifiable wars.

While private profiteers fleece us of our sacred and cherished countrymen, global recognition and opportunities of prosperity.

Then you quacked out hate laced meth mannered crack head. I suggest you strap in for one hell of another reality check come these midterm elections.

44borylie(782 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Just as I give thanks to a decent discussion, Nunya's rants and raves take over. Nunya you must love to read your posts, because I doubt anybody else is going to spend the time to read such a long winded irrational hate speech. You're a loon, not an intelligent contributor.

45Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

The war in Afghanistan may be enough to sink Obama's chances for re-election just as Viet Nam forced LBJ not to seek another term because he knew he couldn't win .

46strangelove(22 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

And so now it has come to this? The right to peacefully assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances is being hung out to dry because a few knuckleheads don't know how to behave themselves.

I would love to hear Ryan explain his vote, I would love to hear the finer details. AND I would love to ask this question:
In four years when this law becomes law of the land, and the uninsured become the insured, is there a level of insurance mandated? For example, can my insurance, which is currently at 80-20 be reduced to 50-50 to compensate for those now being insured?

What EXACTLY constitutes quality health care when there is no reformation of pricing, cost controls and tort reform to say nothing of actually paying for this down the road?

So who do I owe a hearty thanks for this to? The democrats that passed it, or the Chineese who will pay for it via borrowing?

47Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

@ailierdroit

You're a real screwball,..

For you to campaign for a civil war you insidiously irrational and egregiously irresponsible idiot makes you a terrorist,.. ever heard of the Sedition Act there you sicko?

Here you are idiotically towing the Teabaggers rancid republican desperation line. To poor to pick up their tab and asking for something you have no idea what it'd do to those foolish as you.

Clearly that blasphemous fraud alleging to be a pastor brought you along to be discredited and debunked.

Speaking of family values with your being so rabid. It's perfectly clear that either you are a product of inbred beastiatilty.

Or a lone jackal that feels you've been jilted and now harbor a dysfunctional disdain for mankind.

Where in either case or scenario I strongly suggest you get spayed and stop refusing your rabies shots.

See I'm a pet lover but you haven't the sense god gave a goat and you more epitomize " dumb dog " more than any K9 that's ever been bred.

See your following that phony baloney satanist is going to get you in trouble or worst.

48Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

@borylie

Get more lost you insignificant idiot,..

I know exactly what I'm talking about and just like I've made a point of dismantling the liars of the other variety. I'm now rendering you and your sheepish fan dancing routine totally moot you insidious stooge.

Now see just like I know you can't reason with a fool. I'd not addressed you without cause. However via your begging for it I've just proved you're as foolish as they come.

By clearly begged to be addressed in a irrefutable and descriptive from me to you type manner,.. happy now?

You haven't the sense of a cartoonist wizard of ID character. Thus via your insistence I've now duly and outright called you the recalcitrant clown that you are,.. and I didn't lie either.

Now have the decency to thank me for not lying neither too nor on you. You dysfunctional derelict,..

See being so decisive and a no nonsense deliberator. Having such a history of putting many like you in there place. I've long learned that you'll defend nothing trying to mince words with a manic mush mouth like you and therefore I shan't,.. now guess who just shat in your silly hat.

Now in a directional sense of self help reasoning of rationale responsibility. Try blaming your lack of education, intestinal fortitude and inability to candidly clarify your conjecture on yourself.

Because you unquestionably bear the glaring deficiencies of all those qualities you petulant putz,.. and now you've been appropriately punctuated !!!

49roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Did anybody read the land bank link??

50roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Nunya, your pearls of wisdom sound vaguely reminiscent of a book I read recently. Are you an author? Where do I sign up for the independent committee? I feel enlightened, refreshed and just generally a better person for having read your wise words. Have you considered running for office? You are just what this country needs!! You have to be related to Keith Olbermann in some way. His mentor maybe? Please keep talking!

51Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

@USA1

Simply put,.. YOU LIE !!!

Be it known I'm decisively making sensibility points and I'm not cowering in any manner of trying to appease you, as such the diabolical dimwit you are.

Sure you're discomforted by my delivery because I'm not mincing words and you trying to hail your unsavory agenda is futile in the presence of how I so cleanly dismantle you.

See I've been a pillar of strength and conviction in both foreign and domestic matters you mindless mutant.

Which I've never loss and I've managed that success by doing exactly what I'm doing here. Speaking in fluent English opposing your phony baloney fiction with verifiable facts.

Mind you facts that fellow countrymen are verifying and having reason to bear no allegiance with you nor those like you.

To where I don't just call you a liar I prove it. Now I've gotten more people tuning in here.

To rightfully revel in just how fundamentally I so colorfully have my fact over fiction way with making sense in ravaging the senseless angles of those like you.

Although where I make it entertaining I don't infuse lies I diffuse them. Nor do I hurl blind innuendo to muddle up the points I make.

However I do indulge in comedic candor in citing you as coined phrase befitting of your posture,.. you're a clown that bear laughing at.

As a Americans we're a strong nation and my being such an American as opposed to being a politically postured pinhead.

If policy makes sense I support it and if it's deemed unjust I oppose it. With no regard for favoring a mere party brand.

I hammer republicans because via legislation they orchestrated this absolute dichotomy of an economy and deliberately placed us in conflict of war on a pack of indefensible lies,.. I don't mince words.

Now in a zealous quest to irresponsibly run from there resulting works. They band as a pack of revisionists trying to make it appear it's not their fault,.. like hell it isn't.

See I'd not be so against them had at least some of them had the decency to come forward and state they'd miscalculated and vowed to be more diligent in their deliberating policy.

But they never have, not even one of them. Which clearly tells me and other country first Americans. That all in their pack of party favors bear no such remorse.

Thus without question the doom they wrought that was so diabolically delivered on our nation.

Was exactly what they had destined for our country and I refuse to reason with such lying and dishonorable thieves.

Now for them to perpetually lie on and about the policies of a just leader that we the people have elected as our president.

Shows they're about as honorable as Napoleon, worthless as teats on a boar hog and more treacherous than a foreign terrorist,.. SO VOTE EM OUT !!!

Now if you can dispel that by all means stop lying and lets hear your take on what you understand.

52roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

We are a strong nation.
No regard for a mere party brand. Obviously.
Republicans orchestrated economic dichotomy.Uhhh.. Social totalitarian vs. free-market economic dichotomy? I'm guessing here because for some reason you didn't articulate what that dichotomy was. Were you testing me?? You sly devil you!
Indefensible lies. Yeah, that's what Hilary said after she voted for going in.
Republicans are liars and it's all their fault. Got it. Ill' write that down. Boy, sure am glad I joined with the independent party.

53roberthenricksen(18 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Good night.

54Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

@valleygal

You absolutely make no sense,..

To demonstrate a topic that lunatics are railing against. Congressman Ryan made a judgment call as to not have the two opposing sides.

Possibly act in manners unbecoming. And or avert them from physically fight about it,.. and I'll support his judgment call.

Now beyond that be it known and respected that there's always been laws governing what we can own.

Via example you can't own a still, you can't run a meth lab, you can't machine your own guns etc, etc, etc,.. so what is it you'd like to own that's been prohibited in recent years?

Also who and or what law has been imposed that limits what and or how much you can make?,.. barring prostitution being illegal outside of Nevada.

See in contrast to your factually baseless contention. We actually have a president that as one of his first orders of executive business. By values he enacted a law citing equal pay for women on the same scale with man,.. he's the first to do that.

Here's to enlightening you,.. http://content.usatoday.com/communiti...

See that's even after a democratic congress federally enacted the first raise in minimum wage in decades,..

Take a look,.. http://www.laborlawcenter.com/t-feder...

In regards to Health insurance the measure just passed actually favorably broadens the options of the cost and range of health care policies.

Thus it doesn't force, limit, restrict nor forbid you nor anyone else from choosing what coverage and what carrier they find most fitting,..

Also nothing in this Health care measure promotes, condones nor funds abortions,..
Nor does it euthanize the elderly nor in anyway hamper treatment for the infirmed.

So see along with questioning what's your point?

It's a viable and collective question to pose to you. Because for you to be that non informed and ill postured on all those instances.

In regards to such the array of matters you proclaim as problematic Yet by fact aren't therefore I find no grounds for you alleged unrest,.. at all in fact.

That said I respectfully find it hard, difficult and or impossible to believe. That by your being that non or misinformed.

It's not partisan to question if you'd be bright enough to run an establishment to employ or insure anybody,.. as a boss?

So lastly my goodness one can't help but wonder what market and or business are you possibly prospering in?,.. teabaggers fertilizer?

I mean unless you're aligned with Faux Neus trying to profit by propaganda doesn't pay that well.

55Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

@USA1

Want help floatin your shipwrecked boat?

Ok then game on and to lighten the mood a bit here's tossing you a buoy there Ratatouille.

See no ones trying to anger you in discussion. Those opposing you and those like you are those who know the truth and have a legitimate respect for it, their fellow man and a love for country.

So just being in opposition to the lies that you're so insistent upon telling. Doesn't mean anyone's hoping your fuse blows, pulse pops your pituitary gland, your petulance overloads your pancreas or your ticker tacks out overloading on your own treachery.

We just differ greatly from you in what we're stating and we're trying to enrage you in a manner where you'll accept making common sense,.. and stop lying.

See you want people to side with totally non substantiated lies to oppose governance without republican robbery just because you swear by them.

But you're going to have to understand and respect that in opposition we're just too genuine, smart, sensible, wholesome, educated, informed and patriotic to do that.

We're not programmed by the buffoonish Beck's, pathetically repugnant Palin's, lunacy filled Limbbugs or outlandish outcasts like Oriely's that manipulatively misinform you.

We also don't appreciate the lying insane John McCain's, Manic Mitch McConnell's, bluster filled Michelle Bachman's, venomous Virgina Foxx's, crazy Eric Cantor's, batchit and blubbering John Boner's and the list goes on and on,.. WE'RE TOTALLY OPPOSITE OF THEM !!!

Also when you're now resorting to citing food and snack wrappers as refuse produced by non hostile crowd gathering as a point of emphasis.

Where in mutual agreement of common ground accord I'll not condone litter. But no way are you going to tell me there wasn't any packaging waste left by Teabaggers,.. come on now lets be rationale here.

See if that was a point of emphasis to either derive, deduce or distinguish character or agenda.

From what I've seen at Disneyland, Epcot center and other venues of mass gathers. If you're going to cite paper as a barometer to gauge intent.

Then the children at those amusement venues are nothing less than the pint sized version of the Taliban.

Their parents are more nefarious than Al Quieda and the party hearty beatniks that shindig at concerts and ball games is the coming of the fourth Reich.

So now lets be rational,.. Ok?

56borylie(782 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Nunya, simply put you're a stupid nut.

A sick stupid nut.

A very sick stupid nut.

Not to mention a leftist loon.

A very sick leftist loon.

A very sick democrat, liberal leftist stupid loon.

But most of all you're stupid.

A very sick stupid leftist loon.

Plus your nauseating.

But most of all your very stupid.

57Veronica(3 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Those continuing to make complaints about our new health care program add brushstrokes to the ugly picture of the "We've got ours and to heck with you" crowd. It's so unpatriotic. Whatever happened to "United we stand?" Doesn't this crowd realize that Congress finally did something for all Americans or are our soldiers off fighting two wars so that some Americans can have health care while others drown in debt or die for lack of care? It's ironic. The former president put this great nation into debt with two wars while the current guy in the White House with Congress did something good for all the people. I can only conclude that those on the right are the "nation of whiners" as former Senator Phil Gramm, the father of our economic meltdown, proudly proclaimed. If this group thinks its getting the short shift with health care reform, Phil is there to sell them a "I'm proud to be one of Phil's whiners" bumper sticker. Maybe these fanatics will open their wallets for that ruse.

58borylie(782 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Veronica welcome. United we stand? Yes, most of the country was united against Obamacare but it didn't seem to matter much. So who's being unpatriotic when the citizens are ignored? How do you know what percentage of the people you accuse of having something that others do not? I don't and I'm still against this plan that was never well thought out and could have been implemented over time to cut down costs, insure sooner than four years and more importantly make sure the newly implemented laws work before implementing more laws. If this was such a great plan then why was it such a hard sell even to democrats? Health care needs reform, most agree to this, Republicans and Democrats. Not a 3000 page monstrosity that no one read and no one understands. Ryan even made up some lame excuse not to have a meeting because he couln't explain any part of this if asked. Just the talking points.So call us whiners, unpatriotic and other names, you'll fit in real good with the other liberal, democrat, communists that post here.

59borylie(782 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

If indeed Ryan was afraid of going to this meeting due to safety concerns could he or the other democrats/liberals/communists that are making these accusations please start proving these threats, spat upons and N word utterings are for real? The media runs with these stories like they've been authenticated and the moron followers eat it up and help spread the lies. Why no coverage of the dems/liberals/communists throwing eggs at the Tea Party bus in Nevada and Nancy Pelosi hitting people with her gavel as she sashayed thru the peaceful assemblage of Tea Partiers?

60Veronica(3 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I started this dialogue just to read the propaganda from the right of our political spectrum regarding health care policy. The great shame about our country is it's citizens' refusal to stand up and be counted when the going gets tough. Some of us have been locked out of health insurance because we're sick or can't afford the premiums. These are the people, our fellow citizens, who need assistance. Don't pass the buck. Stand up and be counted as one willing to help for the greater good.

The real enemy with regard to this issue is the health insurance industry. They, with their right wing conspirators are on a tear to maintain more than healthy profit margins or expand power.

By the way, many of those who, without this legislation would have died will live because a) health insurers must accept all children this year for coverage and b) adults with serious illness will now have access to insurance due to the establishment of an insurance pool for those with serious/chronic illness.

There is no national health insurance. We can all continue with our current carriers.

Reform was a hard sell because insurance companies lobbied the public with scare tactics. Republicans continuously attacked the reform effort using sleazy language i.e., death panels, "armageddon" and scare tactics
primarily focusing on rising costs.

Health care costs WILL increase, not because of government involvement, but insurance company greed. That's right, your private insurance company will raise your rates.

All US citizens, old or young, rich or poor, should have access to health care. Are you really arguing that only a few should shoulder the burden for the many? If so, it is true that you belong in the "I've got mine and to heck with others" group. By the way, we will all pay one way or another, either through increased costs fostered on us by hospitals and insurance companies or through allocation of tax dollars to the health care plan. I'd rather see my taxes spent on health care rather than two wars. We certainly didn't have this vitriolic name-calling over ever-expanding long-term war.

One more thing, if Congress were to move immediately to reduce the 700 billion flowing annually to Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, etc for petroleum and replace it with cleaner and abundant natural gas here in the US, our health care costs would not be an issue.

61YSUgrad99(200 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

We need to end our wars peacefully, begin to rebuild our economy by creating new high-tech jobs and pray to God this healthcare plan will actually work!

62cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

YSUgrad99....This health care plan is only a small step in the right direction. It is not the solution but it's better than what we have.

We need to eliminate the insurance companies completely and go to a not for profit single payer plan.

I would like someone to tell me what health insurance companies actually do to contribute to anyone's health care. As far as I know the answer is nothing.

The only reason insurance companies are is business is to make money. They are completely unnecessary for anyone's actual health care. A perfect example is the CEO of Wellpoint who's compensation rose 51% in 2009. You can read about it in the link below.

63Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

@Veronica

My fellow American

64atek101(77 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I don't necessarily agree with all aspects of the the healthcare bill, but at least it's a step in the right direction. At least it's a change from the current (and exceptionally flawed) system that we have in place. Every new system fixes some problems, and creates others. If we sit around and do nothing, however, we can't expect to see any progress.

I certainly don't blame this mess on Obama. If anything, at least he's keeping his promise by working to make changes and revisions to the system.

I have a feeling that most of the drama occurring about the healthcare bill has been spurred up by the multi-billion dollar insurance and pharmaceutical industries. It would only make sense, from the standpoint of corporate greed, for these industries to use and abuse their power and influence over politicians and the media to stunt any progress made on healthcare.

Healthcare regulations that will benefit the middle-class, working-class, and lower-income people will shrink the substantial profit margins and impose restrictions on these wealthy healthcare corporations. Of course they are going to do everything they can to spread lies and propaganda to crush any hopes for reform.

65cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Anyone who doesn't want universal health care should just move to a country that doesn't have it or stop crying about it.

dudy....How did that big teabag jamboree in Warren work out for you? Less than 300 people. Hahahah! Did you dress up like Ben Franklin?

66cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

dudy56.....I just read page 50/section 152 and what you said is a lie.

I just read page 65/section164 and the words union or ACORN do not appear. I guess that would be another lie.

I just read page 272/section 1145 and there is no mention of rationed care or a patients age. I guess that would be another lie.

I'll post the PDF of the bill below. I suggest that if you are going to tell people what the bill says that you post the actual bill along with you BS.

67Nonsocialist(710 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Cambridge,

Calling Obamacare "universal" is misleading and false. Universal health care does not exist in the Universe we occupy. It is mathematicaly and financially impossible to cover all people for all things (Universal = of, pertaining to, or characteristic of all or the whole).

More accurate terms include: politician-run healthcare, Posterity-funded healthcare, Never-worked-before-despite-numerous-attempts-and-we're-gambling-with-people's-lives care.

It will likely be less "universal" than the currently flawed system, as the number of uninsured will likely rise due to higher premiums.

Hope all is well in the Bay area.

68cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Useless1.....Read the link below and tell me how many teabaggers Fox News reported being in DC on Sept. 12, 09.

Come on you can do it. Just read the article and tell everyone what it says.

Your real good at calling people a coward while you hide behind your keyboard but you don't have the gears to even read the Fox News report and tell us what it says.

I am glad that your stupid enough to keep bringing it up. It just reminds people that if they vote republican they vote the same way you do.

69cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

USEless1....You know what else I can't get you to do? I can't get you the read The Fox news report and tell everyone how many teabaggers they say showed up on Sept. 12, 2009. Come on I dare you. You can do it. How many does fox news say? :- )

70cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

rudy....Your wrong I do know how to read. Go the the PDF of the bill I posted in my comment 101 above and tell me that Page143 lines 3 & 4 don't say: "Sec. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS."

I know you can read so why don't you tell me I'm wrong or are you going to be like your little buddy the USEless1 and just ignore the facts and think if you tell the same lie enough times somebody might believe it.even though someone like me posts proof that you lied? :- )

71cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Hey Rudy....Your statement that insurance will be provided to illegals is a lie and the proof is in the bill which can be read in post 101 on this thread.

Anyone who cares to know the truth can go to page 143 Section 246 and read the bill for themselves. It says in plain English that undocumented aliens are not covered. Or I guess they can believe your dilusions.

I don't know why people like you would defend a lie when the proof is right in front of you. Don't get me wrong I'm glad you do it because it just tells people what the neo con/teabaggers are about.

For eight years the Republicans and Fox News spread their fear and a lot of people bought into it for a while. Well in case you haven't noticed those days are gone. The American people see right through that BS and they aren't buying it any more.

But you just keep it up and it will remind people that when they vote republican they vote the same way you do.

72cambridge(2987 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Hey Rudy....I guess I need to just post the entire section word for word since you choose to edit what it actually says and provide your own interpretation.

Sec. 246. No Federal Payment for undocumented aliens. Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credit on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

I understand that when you read that you think it says illegals get free health care because that's what you want it to mean. The reality is actually the opposite but you keep that BS flowing. You help prove my point every time you post.