3 arrested in Hubbard drug raid near Roosevelt Elementary School

Published: Sat, March 27, 2010 @ 11:07 p.m.

By WILLIAM K. ALCORN

alcorn@vindy.com

HUBBARD

Three Hubbard city residents — two men and a woman — were charged with various drug offenses Friday after an investigation by the newly formed Hubbard Narcotics Unit.

Hubbard City Police Chief Martin Kanetsky said a search warrant was obtained for a house at 30 Stewart Ave., located about a block from Roosevelt Elementary School, after an investigation of narcotics trafficking at the residence. He said items seized included narcotics, an assault rifle and drug paraphernalia.

Residents of the house, Joseph S. Ingrao, 25; Michael E. Wakefield, 23; and Randi L. Bradley, 25, were arrested. All were charged with drug trafficking, Hubbard police said.

Ingrao is being held in Trumbull County Jail in lieu of $12,500 (10 percent surety) bond. Wakefield made $12,500 (10 percent surety) bond and was released. Bradley was released on a court summons, police said.

Kanetsky said the investigation is continuing, and more arrests are possible.

The Hubbard Narcotics Unit, made up of police from Hubbard City and Hubbard Township departments, was assisted Friday by Liberty Township Police Department’s police dog.

The Hubbard City police chief said formation of the narcotics unit was made possible when department staffing levels were recently returned to normal.

Comments

1zero(16 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

I'd like to personally thank these three morons for bringing negative news to this quiet neighborhood of this quiet town. If you ever get out of jail STAY OUT OF HERE! We don't want your kind in our nice town! This is a nice neighborhood with people, young and old, who take care of their houses, keep up their lawns and work to pay taxes. We don' t need "people" like you bringing guns, drugs and everything else that comes along with them. Also, if your a parent of one of these fools, you really suck as a parent! You raised morons who are probably better off never seeing the light of day again and you're probably the same as the horrible adults you raised.

2greyhorse(36 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Zero that is about the stupidest statement I have ever heard. I have seen kids raised by wonderful parents and the kids still manage to get their OWN selves into trouble.. You can't automatically blame their parents. Duh!

3zero(16 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Sure, there's a slight chance that all three of them were raised by doctors, lawyers and people who are just about to cure cancer but my guess is their parents are lifetime welfare recipients that are high on something at this very moment. According to the article, Michael Wakefield and Randi Bradley are out of jail, running around free right now. These two guys or guy and girl, since Randi can go with way, just might be sitting right next to you the next time you stop at any of the fine restaurants in Hubbard. Do you really want to play the odds that their parents are productive members of society?

4saysithowitiz(98 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Again, as greyhorse stated, it doesn't matter how they were raised, the people arrested are all adults and made adult decisions. My guess is that their decisions had nothing to do with their up-bringing. I'm not sure they thought."Gee, what would mom and dad say if I bought a gun or sold some drugs." It was probably more along the line of, "Gee, I know a lot of people in Hubbard that do drugs, I could definitely make some extra cash by giving them what they want."

5greyhorse(36 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Zero I have a news flash for you.. Drugs effect people of ALL wakes of life, of all kinds of jobs, and all types of income levels. It isn't just a poor people's problem and it isn't always because their parents didn't "raise them right." All it takes is one person making a bad choice to try them and they are hooked. Am I defending drug addicts? Nope, I hate them. However you can't blame their bad choices on their parents.

6havinmysay(155 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

If these three never go back to Hubbard, please believe that you have many more already there to take their places.

And they did not come from Youngstown or any place else, either. Hubbard, like every community, has their own home-grown supply of addicts and dealers.

Many doctors, lawyers, nurses, teachers, and other so-called upstanding people are involved in using and selling drugs.

7joydav(41 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

WOW! I am so surprised to see that when it comes to people who live in Hubbard there is reason to believe that it isn't because of the up bringing of these young adults why they decided to sell drugs, but it just may have been their own stupid decisions. Let this had been three young adults from Youngstown, it most definitely would have been because of how they were raised. Why isn't that same logic used when it is the inner city children in trouble. I agree 100% that the choices these young and older adults and even young juveniles make is their own decisions on what they want to do.

8dailytruck(10 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Good job Hubbard police !!! Drug problems are everywhere but if people know of it going on in their neighborhood, turn these scum bags in. I have friends that were raised in a good home and ended up doing drugs. Parents can not control their kids forever, these people made their choice ! Do drugs in my neighborhood and I will turn you in. Again, great job Hubbard PD.

9Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Ooooooooopsss ! There goes the new economic growth !

10mckee020(1 comment)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

What is it with all you morons. Don't you know it's not the drugs, it's the profit derived from them being illegal that causes all the problems. Stick all the stuff in liquor stores with instructions for morons who use them and tax them well.
Now go smoke a cigarette, have a drink, and eat a big beefsteak you effing hypocrites. Let those poor kids go!

11Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Joseph S. Ingrao

10/23/2006 CERTIFIED COPY OF TRANSCRIPT 2006CRA242E FILED TOGETHER WITH 20 ORGINIAL PAPERS FROM EASTERN DISTRICT COURT SEXUAL BATTERY F3 AUGUST 8 2006 $ 10,000.00 PERSONAL BOND SIGNED BY DEFENDANT (NO CONTACT WITH VICTIMS) BOND CON'T BROOKFIELD TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT

12LadyLeopard(2 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Good old Hubbard Ohio is always filled with many people so quick to judge others. Do not ever miss it and would never raise any child here. I left Hubbard as quick as I could after high school and made my success elsewhere. Thank goodness for that because my entire graduating class can still be found in Hubbard. They all work minimum wage jobs and are likely to need public aid to survive in this economy. My parents were residents of Hubbard and both worked professional careers all of their lives. I have professional successful siblings and we have one sibling whom is always in trouble with the law. We were all raised in a loving home with all of our needs met and taught to make our own choices. The way some one is raised is only part of how they turn out and the mistakes of a child should not be placed on the parents.
My experience in Hubbard Ohio was always faced with choices of right and wrong. Drugs and trouble were in ready supply years ago when I went to school and has not improved but gotten much worse over the years. I still unfortunately have family in the area and know the same things I faced was nothing compared to what the children of Hubbard face today.
I feel sorry for the people of Hubbard Ohio that think they are so perfect and have the right to judge all others. I myself prefer to leave the judging of others to the justice system since none of us truly know the whole story. The people that break laws and commit crimes will be dealt with by the police and punished by the law.

13Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

@mckee020

What a way to hose it,..

In contrast to your " let the cretins go " I say they're not kids and their conduct is criminal. Along with that I say marijuana should be legalized and thus duly taxed to stop playing cops and robbers games out of who's dealing for who.

Not only do I feel that medically it's less damaging than alcohol and tobacco that's already being marked and generating taxable profit after prohibition. But in a responsible sense and safety manner it'd do more in combating drug trafficking.

Than continuing to waste billions of dollars, endangering neighborhoods and losing lives that's senselessly lost. By gun play that happens on a daily occurrence for non tax paying riff raff that battle for turf in between robbery one another of material goods and supply.

But that said I'm not soft on crime and I bet those criminal clowns weren't just dabbling in cannabis. Even if they were it's illegal trafficking and not just willfully breaking the law.

But also doing it in an aggravated manner by summonsing imminent danger to the neighbors and doing it right by a school.

So with all that in their diddy bag of irresponsible deeds I say bury those creeps by the power vested in the judicial book.

Lastly I'm not even remotely for legalizing cocaine, heroin or derivative pharmaceuticals. Although there is an insidious market for it, but with the legalization of marijuana that market would be greatly hampered.

Because studies show that the populous are more inclined to favor marijuana and alcohol than messing with the most lethal forms of intoxicants.

Fact is the criminalization of marijuana only favors the market for the other stuff because they share a illegal identity and it lures the " weed " crowd to be solicited to try the more lethal and addictive products.

It's take the " gangsta " angle out of the trade and allow city and state to prosper via federal mandate to operate on more fluent tax revenue. You're not going to stop it and keeping it illegal only supports it's violent and illegal distribution and control.

In conclusion I still say hammer the clowns that get apprehended breaking the law selling it. Because they contribute to the violence associated with the traffic as it stands right now and they know it,.. and I'm not tolerant to it.

14borylie(752 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

LadyLeopard, You feel sorry for all the people in Hubbard that think they're perfect? Then you write one of the most egotistical,self-centered and basically one of the most ignorant posts that I've ever read on these boards. Putting people down for what they earn? My aren't you special. My aren't your parents special. I know a lot of people in Hubbard and most are doing well and a lot classier than you. Hubbard's police force is one of the best and the school system is ranked as one of the best. I have a feeling you didn't leave Hubbard on your own, are there tar and feathers still stuck to you? Too bad you couldn't make your point without running down an entire community.

15ysugirl913(14 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Are these adults posting on here?
As a former resident of Hubbard and product of Hubbard schools I will be the first to admit that drugs are a huge issue that parents can NOT control.
If anyone thinks that the parents can then they are basically retarded.
Yes, I just said that.
I knew of one of the people arrested and this person actually wasn't involved in drugs when he was in school.
Every body else was.
Quit harping on about things that don't matter, the poor kids parents are already embarrassed enough I am sure.

16housecat(6 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

I have lived in Hubbard my whole life and love the community here. I know these 3 individuals from going to school here. I will say this, they are not "bad" kids as you guys have portrayed them. I worked with one at Taco Bell here a few years back and I happen to know one of them was even in the armed services for a number of years. I'm almost 100% positive they were in no way "Big Time" dealers of any sort and were probably just playing the role, acting out the part. I do not know the reason for having weapons as they are not needed for any type of dealer in this community. It's ridiculous to think they would need an assault rifle for protection in Hubbard. I also do not in any way blame the parents because I know firsthand that drugs touch every walk of life, from doctors & lawyers to welfare recipients. I think the whole thing is blown WAY out of proportion and really is just Hubbard PD trying to make it seem like the extra money (or Pork as it's known in the political world) for this kind of unneeded "Task Force" is going somewhere. Hubbard in no way has the kind of Drug problems Youngstown has and in no way needs a special Task team to handle a couple kids selling pot or a few pills. In no way were these kids running some kind of heavy operation as portrayed in the media. The cops sell the stories and the papers beef it up and focus on selecting bits and pieces to make headlines so people can get scared and throw more money away into these political pork projects that start the scare in the first place. Ridiculous

17housecat(6 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Hubbard PD once pulled me over in my mom's (who is a teacher in Hubbard Schools BTW) car because she forgot to renew her tags. They searched the car and in the glove box found a couple anti-depressants of mine that I left in there in case I ever forgot to take my medicine in the morning. Now I had a prescription for them and had been on them everyday for at least 5 years. I even produced my prescription to prove it. They charged me with possession and trafficking of a dangerous drug! The pills were so non-deadly and non-narcotic they weren't even a scheduled drug. They have absolutely no street value and you couldn't possibly get high on them if you tried. The only way I see them as being "dangerous" is if you fed 30 of them to a midget. They were a few Lexapro. It's all about money. They charge you w/ bogus charges left and right and the prosecutor doesn't drop the charges because of keeping his 90% conviction rate when it comes re-election time and you having to pay out hundreds if not thousands of dollars in fines.

18nobody(1 comment)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

@zero, i didn't grow up in hubbard, but i've lived there and worked there...and i've never seen so many people on drugs in one community in my life. not to mention the number of alcholics that reside in your precious little town. i've even lived in youngstown and never saw so much closet drug use there....so get off your high horse and over your little hubbard cultist ways and join us in reality. it's not, by any means, a perfect little town. there weren't causing the problem, they were trying to capitalize on it. you think it's bad parenting, i think it's people like you that cause people to do drugs because you're so stupid no one would soberly wanna deal with you.

19Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

First off, selling any kind of drugs is Illegal, is that so hard to comprehend, second off, a assault rifle? For what do you need that for? Third, selling drugs near a Elementary School is real low and Fourth, parents or not, don't do anything illegal and then you don't have to worry about the law. Called common sense, goes a long way.

And the idiot that said "let them poor kids go" I hope your not a parent.

20mike10(84 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

I have lived in Hubbard for 12 years.
Never have had any issues with how the city is managed on a large scale. Always room for improvement though.
As for the low lifes who decided to open a drug shop in Hubbard near a school. I would go old school on them if I had my why. They would be stockaided in the center of town as they await there public hanging. I commend the police for working to make the arests.

21Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

"He said items seized included narcotics, an assault rifle and drug paraphernalia."

Being active druggies you know that these fine people were not employed . How could they hold jobs if they were ? When they drove they were an accident waiting for a time and place to happen . HPD is cleaning up the decay one group at a time !

22housecat(6 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

The judicial system will handle them accordingly. Because they were within 1000 yards of a school the charges are much much worse. But I would hardly call them lowlifes and I'm pretty sure they had jobs because I used to work with them. The way they have been depicted is outrageous. They were hardly a threat to the community. The gun was probably in some closet or something and had nothing to do with them selling a little pot now and then. This is a huge waste of resources, whereas the money could be used to actually do things for Hubbard like paulb stated.

23Nunya22(315 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

Why does it always have to be the parents fault these are grown men when should they take responsibility over their actions?

24Lifes2Short(3875 comments)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

housecat
"But I would hardly call them lowlifes and I'm pretty sure they had jobs because I used to work with them."

Anyone that sells drugs (large or small) is a low life. It's illegal. Make a honest living.

"The way they have been depicted is outrageous."

"Three Hubbard city residents — two men and a woman — were charged with various drug offenses Friday ..."
"All were charged with drug trafficking, Hubbard police said."
"Kanetsky said the investigation is continuing, and more arrests are possible."

How are they portrayed? Seems like just the facts to me.

"The gun was probably in some closet or something and had nothing to do with them selling a little pot now and then."

A hunting rifle I can see, but a assault rifle? Why do you need a assault rifle? Was it registered and legal?

"They were hardly a threat to the community."

You sell any kind of drugs your a big threat to the children of the community.

25detour(1 comment)posted 4 years, 3 months ago

I'm sorry to everyone who thinks "all" three of them are bad people. I've known Mike and Randi for years and I know they are not bad people. How would you know exactly what someone does when they stay with you? You never know, that is why husband's and wife's can cheat with out being caught, people can steal from who ever or where ever they please. Just because one person did something wrong does not mean everyone who is being charged is guilty. They want to take her kids away from her and I do not think that is right! You sit here and complain about how you do not want people like them in this town, you should look around you. The football team seams to be one of Hubbard's favorites. But I can tell you that more than half of them do drugs and a few of them sell. Your friends and neighbors probably are not perfect either, just because one thing can mess up someones life does not mean you know the whole story. Do not judge before you know the full story and who the people are. And blaming the parents, really? What would you do if one of your kids that you thought you raised properly messed up and maybe killed someone, stole something, sold drugs or anything else that could be frowned upon, and they blamed you, what would you say? Would you agree? People are people and they make mistakes, no matter if it's just not knowing someone you thought you knew.

26sam789456(1 comment)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

you are all stupid im a former hubbard studint and drugs are all over their. why do you think they formed a drug task force? not because hubbard is full of law abiding people. and i happen to know one of the boys and his parents did raise him good he just followed his own path so shut your mouth unless you know what you are talking about

27Pepper(2 comments)posted 3 years, 6 months ago

You say you know Randi and Mike are good people??? Hummmm , guess exposing the two kids to God knows what druggies is being a good person. Not to mention Randi is allowing Mike to beat her oldest daughter Mackinzie.. Guess that's being a good person. Mike Has the girls lying to everyone as to where the bruises and broken bones came from. Randi has kept her oldest daughter from the childs real father and her grandparents, just because she is a "Good"Person"...Randi makes her own rules and to hell with what's right. When she worked at Taco Bell she had told people that Mackinzies dad was a dead beat dad who didn't want anything to do with her daughter.. He is in the Navy, pays child support each month and Randi has kept the little girl from him. He doesn't know where his daughter is because Randi runs everytime she gets in trouble.. . Soooo,I know these people too and let's see , drugs, lying, child abuse..... Good people.