Texas congressman yelled 'baby killer' at Democrat

Published: Mon, March 22, 2010 @ 2:30 p.m.

The Washington Post is reporting that U.S. Rep. Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas, admitted today that he yelled "baby killer" as U.S. Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., urged his fellow Democrats to vote down a Republican amendment on abortion services in the health-care legislation Sunday night.

Neugebauer told the Post he has apologized to Stupak.

"Last night was the climax of weeks and months of debate on a health-care bill that my constituents fear and do not support. In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase 'it's a baby killer' in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership. While I remain heartbroken over the passage of this bill and the tragic consequences it will have for the unborn, I deeply regret that my actions were mistakenly interpreted as a direct reference to Congressman Stupak himself," Neugebauer said in a statement.

"I have apologized to Mr. Stupak and also apologize to my colleagues for the manner in which I expressed my disappointment about the bill. The House Chamber is a place of decorum and respect. The timing and tone of my comment last night was inappropriate."

Comments

1valleyred(1079 comments)posted 4 years ago

Yet Dave Betras can go on Facebook and say:

"David Betras: Yes we did!!!! we made it and now the tea baggers will go crazy and rush has to leave the country good bye rush!!!"

Very professional of him that he is calling people tea baggers.

2Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years ago

Well

I'm no Dave Betras advocate but I see nothing wrong with Mr. Betras' verbal expression.

See Teabaggers gave themselves that name and Mr. Betras just addressed them as such,.. I see no offense.

Also boss hog Limburger in fact did allege if the measure passed he'd leave the country. So Mr. Betras isn't inaccurate, defaming nor slanderous in that expression either.

I mean sure as always Limburger lied again and we all know that no other country would have him. So his historical lying and distortion merely had him present another instance to mark his hippo hailing hypocrisy,.. and Mr. Betras isn't wrong for it.

Although I think that screwball Randy Neugebauer leaves no doubt he's worthless along with witless and tasteless.

3georgejeanie(731 comments)posted 4 years ago

The government can not educate our children, let alone take care of our medical problems. I'll leave at that.

4stain(27 comments)posted 4 years ago

Limbaugh could move to the Dominican Republic, he's been a sex tourist in that country for some time now - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/...

5north_side_girl(213 comments)posted 4 years ago

if these Republicans are so worried about having babies, they should stop having long-term secret homosexual affairs with interns decades younger than them while at the same time voting against gay rights in a sordidly ironic self-loathing fashion. they're wasting all that fornication on babyless pleasure!

while that is sarcasm, in all seriousness, why are men still so violently involved in this issue? female politicians should draft legislation outlawing masturbating to p0rn, wasting precious, precious potential babies, and see how fast they say what they do with their body is none of our business.

6FifthAve(168 comments)posted 4 years ago

Let's help Rush pack. Maybe we could convince Palin and the crazy chick from Minn to go too. The teaparty is OVER!!!!!

What hasn't been done for the past 50 years, Obama did in 14 months!

7northsideperson(361 comments)posted 4 years ago

I am very skeptical that the words "It's a" were ever uttered. Given politicians' (on both sides) track record for lying, backpedaling and weasel-words, I feel justified in my thinking.

8comeandtakeit(10 comments)posted 4 years ago

why say sorry? it is a true statement.

9northsideart(110 comments)posted 4 years ago

It's pretty funny that you guys support abortion so much but couldn't even keep your own local abortion clinic in business. Geez. Your leaders fail you in every way imaginable, don't they? "We're Democrats! We support a woman's right to choose! Darnit! The abortion clinic closed!" Oh well, at least you can work in the call center then go drown your misery in dollar drafts at a downtown "establishment."

10Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

Liberals support killing babies AKA abortion . Why do they take offense to being called baby killers ? It's like you are what you support . There was no need to apologize to U.S. Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich .

11d1eggman(10 comments)posted 4 years ago

We are seeing it again, something as important as Health Care makes advances into the 21st Century and Stone age Republicans continue to fail to support it. Big Corporations and Insurance CEO's love you Cronies. Glad I am a Democrat and proud of the steps made to stop the gouging of the Unites States. I hope big Banks and Immigration are next.

12jrolley325(776 comments)posted 4 years ago

republicans are against abortion, but at the same time against children having healthcare coverage.

aborting a fetus at 3 weeks is considered murder, but if a child gets sick, they're on their own.

13Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years ago

@Stan

Just like clockwork

See I've now compelled you to resort to symbiotic[s] of your idiotic[s] by more definably employing words such as " Liberals. "

I knew it was in you and now I'll have my way with opening the entire form up to more readily be able to distinguish your core beliefs.

In your desperation you're more overtly and perpetually lying in effort to allege the falsehoods that reek in your immoral thought process.

This Health care reform doesn't kill babies it provides affordable health care for a baby and it's parents. To include grand parents, aunts, uncles, sisters and and brothers, cousins and even potential baby sitters.

To have access to afford medical care when stricken or encountering an injury or ailment. However, you have such no love for any child that you'd deliberately lie about the principles and premise of what this reform provides.

So now,.. let those in this community now be perfectly clear on who's who and whats what.

To where from hence forth they can sensibly take what you contend or allege with granule more minuscule and as soluble as a grain of salt.

14Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years ago

@jrolley325

Exactly,..

You're correlated it exactly right. For which it's without question their grand scheme is enslavement.

That baby if healthy will be channeled into laboring beneath them or risking life and limb for the wars they start.

Where if not that child becomes on their own and is to be punished for daring not heed to their indignant and indefensible insistence.

15Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years ago

@north_side_girl

Oh the truth you speak is so profound it has those of the diabolical dummies variety here that's trying to oppose you immensely outmatched.

I applaud and support women and their rights for their bodies and it's not for anyone else to decide.

Where I don't like abortions and my position is to counsel against such decisions. However, all circumstances are unique and I live with a respect for whatever decision the woman concludes is best for her to make.

It's my take that those whom differ in approach is that of a being seeking to control and conquer. Solely for positions of their own zeal for hailing a sublime sense of alleged superiority.

16Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years ago

@northsideart

You speak of absolute senselessness,..

Where I've had my way with you in regards to setting you straight in regards to that deplorable grant guzzler known as YSU. Now lets do it again and this time with feeling,.. LOL !!!

The closing of abortion clinics in the area isn't s democratic party loss you Looney tune.

See those clinics were residual effects of the collateral damage wrought by the depleted economic assets in the area.

Southside hospital closed years ago was that a failure of democrats to support health care?

Idora park closed before than was their loosing money the result of democrats not liking amusement parks?

There's funding issues with law enforcement now does that mean democrats don't like cops?

We can go on and on with playing your idiotic lack of logic game here. But to cut to the chase it's apparent to me that you've got the vision depth of a cyclopes wearing a welders lens and the depth of a tsunami in a dixie cup.

17APlaw(45 comments)posted 4 years ago

Funny that no one wants to address the fact that it what was said is true. Must be timmytern central.

He has proved that he lacks morals and principles. Hoorah.