Region's reps differ widely on historic vote

Published: Sat, March 20, 2010 @ 12:01 a.m.

Related story: Voinovich calls Obama a socialist

By DAVID SKOLNICK

skolnick@vindy.com

YOUNGSTOWN

When it comes to Sunday’s landmark health-care vote, U.S. House members who represent the Mahoning and Shenango valleys have differing opinions.

U.S. Rep. Jason Altmire of McCandless, Pa., D-4th, says he will vote against the bill.

U.S. Rep. Kathy Dahlkemper of Erie, Pa., D-3rd was still undecided Friday night.

U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan of Niles, D-17th, who voted for the House’s first health-care bill in November remains a firm yes on the bill to be considered Sunday.

U.S. Rep. Charlie Wilson of St. Clairsville, D-6th, also voted yes during the first House vote. He was undecided on supporting this new, scaled-down bill, but announced Friday that he would support it.

U.S. Rep John Boccieri of Alliance, D-16th, announced Friday morning that he was switching his vote to yes. He opposed the House version of the bill last November, but said at Friday’s press conference that he was thinking of his own mother’s past fight against breast cancer in deciding to change his vote.

U.S. Rep. Steven C. LaTourette of Bainbridge, R-14th, opposed the original health bill and said he will vote no again Sunday.

The House is voting on a bill similar to one approved by the U.S. Senate in December. The two legislative bodies will reconcile the differences in the two bills.

Wilson said Friday he supports the bill after reviewing analysis from the Congressional Budget Office that the proposal would cut the federal deficit by $138 billion over its first 10 years.

“This bill is not perfect, but it is a strong step forward,” he said. “The bottom line is that we need this reform. Families need this reform. Our economy needs this reform.”

Wilson, who is anti-abortion, said he gave serious consideration to the possibility that the bill would fund abortions.

“I am confident that the language in the Senate bill ensures that there will be no federal funding for abortions,” Wilson said.

Ryan, who is also anti-abortion, said support of the bill by those who represent 59,000 Catholic nuns and from agencies that run about 1,200 Catholic hospitals and nursing homes shows taxpayer funding won’t go for elective abortions.

Passage of the health-care bill is “critical” to middle-class families, small businesses and low-income people who can’t afford health insurance, he said.

“Economically, we have to do it,” Ryan said. “The bill isn’t perfect. It’s not a panacea. Once it passes and takes effect, it will dismiss the myths and misconceptions people have about the bill.”

The bill could be signed into law in a few weeks, he said.

“It isn’t a giant government takeover,” Ryan said. “There’s not even a public option.”

Among the bill’s key points are: expanding coverage to more than 30 million uninsured Americans; prohibiting insurance companies from denying coverage for those with pre-existing medical conditions or dropping coverage when a person becomes ill, imposing annual or lifetime limits on care; requiring free preventive care; and allowing people up to the age of 26 to remain on their parents’ health-care coverage.

“This is middle-of-the-road stuff,” Ryan said. “There’s nothing to be afraid of here. I have no interest in hurting business. My No. 1 goal is to grow businesses. This will be looked back on as something that helped the country.”

Others aren’t convinced.

“The bill was bad before because it spent too much, taxed too much and raised health-care premiums too high,” LaTourette said. The congressman added that the new bill doesn’t resolve those problems.

Also, U.S. Sen. George V. Voinovich, a Republican who voted against the bill in the Senate, told The Vindicator on Friday he “was against the bill from the beginning. It went too far in terms of cost.”

The country is “fragile right now. We are bankrupt. We’re ready to go off the cliff,” Voinovich said. To pass a health-care bill in troubled economic times “is crazy. This doesn’t make sense. How are you going to pay for it?”

Unlike Wilson and Ryan, Voinovich said the bill would pay for abortions.

“Why should I or anybody else have my tax dollars pay for something that from my perspective is not moral?” Voinovich said.

When asked if it’s acceptable for those who oppose wars or death-penalty executions to have their tax dollars used for those purposes, Voinovich said, “I’m not going to argue.”

U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown, a Democrat who voted for the bill in the Senate, said: “We can’t forget that health reform is about people. It’s about ensuring that health coverage is dependable, even if you get sick or lose your job.”

Dahlkemper voted for the first health-care bill while Altmire voted against it.

Marie Francis, a Dahlkemper spokeswoman, said, “The congresswoman is reviewing both the bill text and the CBO report as well as listening to the opinions of her constituents, who have contacted the office in very high numbers. She is giving the legislation full consideration.”

Altmire, one of 39 Democrats who voted against the original bill in November, says he can’t support the bill. In a prepared statement he said: “I regret that this year-long process of debating health care reform has resulted in a final product that I cannot support. The cost of inaction on health care is great, but it would be an even bigger mistake to pass a bill that could compound the problem of skyrocketing health care costs.

“It has become clear that the vast majority of my constituents want me to oppose this bill. Particularly hard hit would be western Pennsylvania’s Medicare beneficiaries, which many experts believe would experience dramatic premium increases with enactment of this bill.”

Comments

1timOthy(802 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Well I'm glad these men and women have step up !I'm for this insurance plan and I support my president change! The party of no had eight years and did NOTHING. But the icing on the cake is those who voted against the stimulus money and then applied for funds for there state. Now I ask everyone is that FENCE RIDING ? This has so many Avenues. One Our Employers can get into the mix and not worry about negotiation of insurance to it's employee's ! At my work we are self-insured. We acumlate hours for the 4periods. Let say Jan,Feb, March ,and April those months can be colleted in Sept if enough hours are worked. If not we self contribute the difference in money and hours worked. And then have insurance for four months. If no hours are worked after April one can self pay into the fund. Which without hours worked is vey expensive and some times people can't afford it. This would help !And this comes from a Tradesman not a factor worker!!

2UnionForever(1470 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Without the public option that was to provide the same level of coverage as the healthcare Congress gets to everyone, this bill is a Democrook failure. Anyone who has healthcare now gets nothing new except for an increase in their taxes and rates to pay for the 30 million who have no healthcare now and no way to pay for their healthcare. The only ones who will benefit are the free loaders & the healthcare lobbyists for their healthcare supported businesses. As for the RepubliCANT's - it's time to quick saying NO to everything and do something for the middle class.

3stoutmaster(29 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Anyone who thinks the government is being benevolent is sadly mistaken. You are just being led like a bunch of sheep.

4dreamcatcher52(140 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I'll do my part to get Wilson voted out of office. Boccieri is lying when he says the pressure to switch came from his constituents. Pelosi used her boy Ryan to keep Wilson and Boccieri in line.There is no public option now, but when the insurance companies are forced out of business, the gov will step in. Can you imagine if auto insurance companies had to cover people who had multiple accidents and tickets without charging them more than someone with a safe driving record? What would happen? Everyone's rate would go up to cover the high-risk driver. That is what is about to happen to your premiums. Why is the student loan program part of this bill? Why can't they have an up or down vote directly on the bill? Don't they "have the votes"?

5CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Ditto, hope.

6MurfeeMart(15 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

It's all about the money......It's all about the personal agenda's.....It's all about the back room promises......Fools, all of them fools and being led to slaughter....I will NOT vote for anyone who has anything to do with the passage of this bill........I want to know what has happened to the so call "sin" tax that was instituted last summer for healthcare of under previledged children.......where has that money gone?........Sorry Charlie, wrong tuna!

7nojimbo(221 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I have a few words for Senator George Voinovich who opposes health care reform because he claims concern for the cost. In the 11 years that Voinovich has been a U.S. Senator he has received approximately $100,000 from taxpayers to pay for his health insurance. Taxpayers pay between $8,000 to $12,000 each year for the family health plan of federal employees from Ohio including Voinovich according to the website for the Office of Personnel Management. Where is his outrage over that cost to the budget?

8cambridge(2972 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

The current plan is basically the Republican plan.

It's ironic that the Democrats are going to vote yes on the Republican plan and the Republicans will vote no on their own plan.

At least it proves that the Republicans are the "Party of No".

9tromo9(4 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

These people who don't support this healthcare reform are incapable of independent thought. They simply follow whatever fox news tells them. How is this a government takeover ? That is just stupidity. Also the bill is paid for. These tea party protestors are the biggest group of racist morons I have ever seen in my life. God bless president Obama for not letting these people stop him from helping uninsured and remember you could be next if it doesn't pass. Tim Ryan 2016 baby

10CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

USA1....what exactly is a "useful" idiot? Generally I would have to say we socialists are a far smarter lot than some of you tea party folk. I think I would rather be a "useful" idiot than a mindless, useless follower of Rush and Glennie Beck. At least I put in an honest day's work 5-6 days a week. By the way, what do drama queens such as yourself wear to these tea parties?

11CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Yep. He does keep me amused, although I do worry one day he'll stroke out completely. I'll bet he'll be glad then that he has good health coverage!

12Tigerlily(476 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I find it hilarious that Voinovich is against using public funds for a bill that might serve to allow people to get abortions (only those when it is necessary to save the mother's life most likely, from what I've read), but he "won't argue" when asked by the reporter why it is then okay to publically fund death penalties and wars that cause massive death. The most ironic thing about pro-lifers is that they are often the most death crazed bunch of folks in other realms of life. They want to save babies, but kill people in other countries. That's fine, apparently. Wrap death in the flag and you don't have to worry about it morally.

13JeffLebowski(953 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

A: Mid January, but only to buy toner to print more hate literature.

Q: When was the last time ProMerkin (USA) left his home?

14CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

USA1---be careful...angry (drama) queens like you are just my type! By the way, USA1, I think I've figured out why you are so against abortion. You want those babies to be born so your priests can abuse them when they grow up a bit, right?

15Springman(235 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Lumpy, if you have 55 employees and can't afford health care for them, you don't deserve 55 employees.

If you are fortunate enough to have employees, you can write off the cost of health care, as a cost of doing business. If you are an employee, you can not write it off.

To USA, the government is not going into the health care business. Actually, there is already a Public Health Service, a Veteran's Administration and Medicare. I guess you are opposed to all of those.

They are not affected. I would have expanded them so that even people who have never served their country can participate. The bill actually creates more competition in the health insurance industry by including more people, to spread the risk. You must be opposed to that.

16cambridge(2972 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

USEless1....Last time you explained your health care plan you had a $4,000 premium and $5,000 dollar deductible. Good news. You get to keep that and I couldn't be more happy for you.

17CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Glad USA1 had those many expensive procedures. I hope he can afford one more...to remove his head from his you-know-what! Such reactionary blabbering from a typical Republican drama queen...I bet he cries just like his hero Glennie Beck does!!

18YSUGRAD(134 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Jimmy T would have never voted for this, get Ryan out....

19CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

USA1, when was the last time you were in Canada? I'm sure they don't let you out much, but you are a fool if you think the Canadian standard of living is lower than that of the USA. You are aware that Canada isn't a third world nation, right? Your posts are becoming more and more desperate...please stop wasting your time and our time with your pathetic lies. Stick to what you know as fact, which, apparently, is very little.

20CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Cambridge, I agree totally! It became very obvious to me last week with his suspicious anti-gay rant against rock legend Elton John. Do you remember that quote from Hamlet..."The lady doth protest too much, methinks." It really does fit "Useless1" to a T, doesn't it? I was watching the news earlier and saw that those rallying in Washington DC against health care legislation were spitting on and shouting racial epithets at Black congressmen who will support the bill. Nice behavior from those so-called "christians", huh? Their hypocrisy makes me ill. But on a lighter note, when we wake up on Monday, we'll have historic health care legislation, abortion will still be legal, and Useless1 will find something else to rant about! PS: He's Italian? <groan> I'm Italian, too! Ciao!!

21tromo9(4 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Illegal immigrants cannot recieve health benefits under this bill. It strikes me that when George Bush wasted hundreds of billions of dollars on the Iraq war there were no tea parties. When he started TARP there were no tea parties. When he and the then republican congress started a prescription drug program for senior that was not paid for there were no tea parties. The reason is that Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity didn't tell them too. Hypocrites.

22valleyred(1094 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

According to ABC News, the current vote count as of Saturday night is 214 against, 212 for, and 5 undecided. Thus, the yes votes have to get 4 out of the 5 remaining undecideds.

23Lifesnadir(164 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

As Rudy wrote above: "OUT-Ryan,Wilson,Boccieri"
==
I do not want socialism in the USA.

By the way, doctors are being ordered to put ALL medical records on computers. Patients cannot say NO way. The risks of computerized, socialism medicine are just too, too high to allow this to go through.

Just like the Patriot Act, Americans will lose rights. We are headed down a very dangerous road and politicians have drained out the brake fluid along with their brain cells. We have zombies in government who can't hear anything said to them.

24thepotstirrer(67 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

This is fantastic news!! I cannot wait to hear the tally of this vote. I have full confidence in our federal government and it's ability to run large government programs. Red Tape and slow moving mass never come to mind when I go to the DMV or Post Office.

Their employees are always so gracious and worried about customer service. They always provide exceptional effort and go the extra mile to make sure the consumer is pleased!! Just the other day, with the line 14 deep at my local post office, the clerk stayed until 5:01PM, by accident. She told everyone to have a good weekend, and come back on Monday morning. That was so nice of her. It's only mail, not like I needed a life saving operation!?!

On a separate note, what if healthcare did become a single payer plan, and they had some budgetary issues down the road(highly unlikely per Democrats). There would be no way they would stop providing care all 7 days of the week? Who am I kidding, they efficiently deliver mail 6 days per week. Wait a minute, did I just hear the USPS might have to stop mail delivery on Saturdays? How is that possible, is there new competition in the mail industry? I thought the USPS was a monopoly, how could they possibly be having budgetary problems? The USPS is the only entity selling stamps, correct?

I can now abandon my diet and exercise plans, start smoking cigarettes and drinking Jack Daniels like a fish!! Protected sex will be long forgotten after this 'historic' vote tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! No matter what my lifestyle or preexisting conditions may be, some insurance company has to provide me with health insurance. Who will offset my risk to that insurance company? I could honestly care less, because it will not be me. We all get health care!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, the number 32 million is the new number being covered by all reports. I thought the original number was around 47 million, what happened to those other 15 million saps?

What if that insurance company's balance sheet cannot handle this new risk pool? We move onto the next insurance company and continue that process until we are all under a universal government plan!!

[Continued]

25thepotstirrer(67 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

The federal government has so many vastly superior employees, that I sleep like a baby every night. How can any of you doubt their intentions. Afterall, this is the same government who designed two little lifesavers for when I hit my golden years and become dependent on the money I did not put away for retirement. Social Security and Medicare are a crucial part of my financial plan in life.

This government is so insightful, they established SS so I can have an income stream after I turn 65. Someone assured me that even though it appears to be a Ponzi Scheme of epic proportions, it will be around when I hit 65(30+ years from now). Fixing that minor snafu has got to be on Monday's docket in Congress, now that health care is finalized.

Medicare is health insurance that I will take full advantage of once I hit those retirement ages. The geniuses inside the beltway have provided me with coverage once I retire!! It is a government program, and it has got to be profitable, or they would not be taking money out of it in this little health care legislation we are debating. Correct? I love those DC politicians, they are always placing my well being ahead of their own!!

God bless America, I welcome her shift towards mediocrity, hard work is so overrated(and hard)!! No matter what happens to me personally, Uncle Sam, Tim Ryan, Charlie Wilson, etc. will always be there for me.

Hypothetically, I happen run into financial ruin, there is always welfare or bankruptcy!! I might be struck with dire health issues, I now can rely on my federal government to heal or extend my life with their new health care reform. And God forbid, if I am having one of those bad days we all have, I just go into some government-run entity, and the bright, cheerful employee I embrace will always turn my frown upside down!!!

Tomorrow is going to be historic!!! If this atrocity is approved, when you see the stills or the live press conferences of Obama, Reid, or Pelosi, just ask yourself as they are flashing their pearly whites into those cameras, what are they muttering under their breaths?

"Our constituents are such schmucks...."

26cambridge(2972 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

tu mezza finocchio!

27timOthy(802 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Pass it and move on Dems !

28CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

The thing I love about USA1 is that he's like a broken record. He has about five or six rants in his repertoire. So to USA1, yes, America is a great country. I think we can find mutual agreement on that. But our country can be better...nothing or no one is perfect. Health care reform is long overdue. Health care in America should be a right for all, not a privilege for those who can afford it. I go to work every day. I am fortunate to have health insurance. Many others go to work every day and do not have health insurance or can not afford it. This is why I support the legislation. And surely you, and all of those who oppose legislation would have to admit that the health care system is broken. USA1, I have NEVER read any of your comments on this board that are positive, uplifting, or insightful. Today this morning as I attend church, I will pray that this legislation passes and pray that you find some light in your life. Ciao.

29CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Who said I was Catholic? I'm a Unitarian! Have a blessed day USA1! Let's hope our God hears my prayers and grants wisdom and grace to our congressmen and congresswomen that they do the right thing and vote yes on this glorious spring day! Peace! Ciao!

30cambridge(2972 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

USEless1....So you don't like Italians, Poles, Slavs, Greeks, Albanians etc. Just one more difference between you and me. I not only like all those you listed I embrace them and their customs.

You think that celebrating and sharing their heritage is something that just happens in the Valley? It happens all over America and all over the world. It's called culture. That's something you seem to be deficient in.

You seem to never run out of things you don't like or things to complain about. I prefer to think of it as you just adding to your list of what you blame your loser life on.

When you add to the list of things you hate you just continue to point to what it is you hate the most. It's your life and that's because your the biggest failure in it. Get some professional help and you'll find out that what you hate the most is yourself.

You asked me if I was born in America. I was born and raised in Youngstown. I left when I was 21 but unlike you I never turned my back on where I'm from. I care more about the Valley and the people that live there than you do. You on the other hand turn your back on your voting record, your heritage, your union brothers and sisters, your hometown and your fellow Americans.

I will give you credit for one thing. You do an excellent job of representing the neocons and the teabagger movement. I see those people interviewed and see their signs and listen to their agenda and it's all the same as your endless rants. If anyone ever wanted to know what the noecons and the teabaggers were about all the would have to do is read your posts. Congratulations on that.

31CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Cambridge: These people are full of hate. They kill abortion doctors. They protest at the funerals of fallen soldiers ...in the name of God! They hate blacks, gays, and anyone else who doesn't agree with them. You can't disagree with them or they will call you names like "socialist" or "communist". They get snippets of information for their true leaders like Rush and Glen, and twist the truth. They are loud and obnoxious, and they think whomever yells the loudest "wins". And in the end, does it really matter who "wins" and who "loses" as long as our country wins? I will never forget Rush Limbaugh saying after President Obama's election that he (Limbaugh) hoped Obama would fail. Nice. That's the kind of mentality we're dealing with here. I remember after Sept. 11 having discussions with my fellow Democrats about how we had to stand behind Bush. Keep in mind I believe Bush stole the elections in both 2000 and 2004. But on that darkest of days, he was my president...and by God, I was going to stand behind him. I even favored the war at first because, like millions of others, I was duped into thinking Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Silly fool I was!! At any rate, Cambridge, I have yet to see the goodness in USA1's heart. All I read is a lot of hate and anger and judgment and negativity. That's not how I choose to live my life, and I suspect that's not how you live your life. In the end, we have to pity him. Now go out, enjoy the day, and let's hope this bill passes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

32AXLE69(181 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

HAHAHAHA! usa1-pro-conservaterican,now you`re ranting about a french person getting his eye eaten by ants?What does that have to do with anything?

Of course, it`s just another one of your inane comments.I love how more people on here have discovered your posts.For a while there, it looked like Cambridge and I had to carry the load to rebut your hypocrisy and lies.The last few days you and your teabagger cabal have showed exactly the cowards you are.In Columbus,your boys ganged up on a doctor with Parkinsons disease and in D.C your gang went all racial.It`s too bad I wasn`t there with that doctor because I would have been more than happy to show your wussie teabagging boys some good old progressive defense. Yes siree,you and your baggers are some tough Amurricans.Taking on a guy sitting in the street with Parkinsons disease and calling some Congressmen N***er and F***ot.

Is that all you got usa1 pro-conservaterican? Yea, I think it is.You can`t even write a letter to the paper with your twisted ideas because you don`t have the courage to use your own name do you? Why can`t you answer the questions I asked you on the comments you made on the other story about President Obama`s visit to Strongsville? Do you or don`t you believe our veterans,especially those wounded and disabled in Iraq and Afghanistan, are commie,socialists for using government run healthcare? Do you or don`t you want Medicare/Medicaid abolished? I don`t understand what is so hard about these questions unless you`re afraid to reveal you`re true feelings.I see it this way,if you say you don`t think our vets are commies then you`re a liar because by reading all your rants over the last several months it`s obvious that any healthcare associated with the govt,is in your opinion,a socialist or communist system depending on what type of mood you`re in that day.

As far as our area Congressman that are going to vote yes on the bill,they won`t won`t have to worry about any backlash at the ballot box.usa1 pro-conservaterican,you`re under the mistaken impression that you and your teabaggers will control the fall elections.Guess again pal.Not going to happen.

33APlaw(45 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Odd that SOOO many people oppose this bill. Yet, the simple minded automatically associate everyone one that voice their opinion as being a teaparty member or a being brain washed follower of Beck or Rush. I'm sorry, but they simply don't have that many viewers.

As far as the incidents that allegedly occurred in Washington.... Well, it's funny that I watch all of the tapes that are posted and I don't hear any slurs. I didn't see anyone spitting. Furthermore, IF IT DID occur, then you'd be clueless if you didn't think it was possible that a politician would have staged it in order to detract from any legitimacy of the protestors.

The bottom line is that 63% of all Americans oppose this legislation. You can't manufacture that. You can't lie to yourself and claim this to be democracy when so many oppose this bill.

Ryan supporters must realize that, even with the majority opposing this bill, not only has he sold out his constituents, but he sold old his priciples. Timmy has voted for legislation that will allow for taxpayer funded abortions. Representatives that sell their souls have no business being representative regardless of your opinion on abortions.

34APlaw(45 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

The President's executive order doen't mean jack.

The hierarchy of law:

1) The Constitution> 2) Legislation (Health Care Bill) = Treaty (the most recent prevails) 3) Executive Order

The Health Care Bill obviously provides for abortion or Stupak wouldn't have held out for an EO that won't mean jackxxxx.

Timmy is a liar, a traitor, and a man that lack principles. But, we only need to ask Julie about that. Don't we?

35CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

YES WE CAN...AND YES WE DID!

36APlaw(45 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Candy... remember that what is done will be undone. It's just a matter of when.

37AXLE69(181 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Still can`t face your hypocrisy eh usa1 pro-conservaterican? Still no answer if our veterans are commies for using govt run healthcare eh? It doesn`t matter.Typical conservative repub.I didn`t expect an answer.Well let`s see,your latest saying was "Kill the Bill". That didn`t work since our President won the argument didn`t he? A huge victory that NO other POTUS accomplished.The tide has turned usa1 pro-conservatrican.From now on prepare to have a very large crowd of anti-teabaggers at your meetings and rallies.Then we`ll see exactly how you deal with that.It won`t be a defenseless guy with Parkinsons disease.We`ll see how brave and cocky you baggers are then.You wingnuts have had the stage since last summer and haven`t accomplished anything other than making people see that the GOP,THE only political party that has alligned itself with your cabal is not going anywhere soon.Save your Constitutional challenge garbage,you conservatives are still trying to revoke Social Security.lol.Elections have consequences teabagger.You lost.Change has happened and will continue to happen.Deal with it.YES, THE USA BORN, BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA DID IT.How`s it feel teabagger? You won`t win any of the battles that you have planned but keep fighting if for no other reason than for my amusement.Rock on usa1 pro-conservaterican,rock on!

38bad(23 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

only supporters of health care are non workers or minimum wage earners. way to go Obumma ,socialism at it's best! you liberal tree huggers s**k. OOOH everyone deserves health care, well maybe that is true if you WORK for it. dumbocrats and repukelicans I am sick of all of you. Even you tea baggers what a joke. When will they stop the stupid lawsuits aginst doctors and hospitals. Also if an illegal alien goes to the hospital they should drag his sick carcus to the border and do a drop off. I am sick of paying for dead beats who thinks the good old USA owes them something. Now that would be reform.

39APlaw(45 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Ignorance

40AXLE69(181 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

hey usa1 pro-conservaterican,how did that hope,changey "Kill the Bill" plan work out for ya? LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL!!!!

41AXLE69(181 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

POTUS... 1

usa0....... 0

Teabaggers..... - 0

I love how democracy works,don`t you usa0?

42cambridge(2972 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

USEless1....You just never stop the lies do you? Now you claim that America doesn't drill for oil "within her boarders or offshore." America does both.

"We can't even enjoy popcorn at the movies." lol! That must be part of the 50 year old Kenya conspiracy. You are truly hilarious. Please, never stop posting your drivel. It's so entertaining.

It also reminds everyone that if they vote republican they vote the same way you do.

43Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

HAVANA (AP) --
Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro on Thursday declared passage of American health care reform "a miracle" and a major victory for Obama's presidency, but couldn't help chide the United States for taking so long to enact what communist Cuba achieved decades ago.

44JME(801 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Do you support Obama’s health-care plan?

Yes 34% 338
No 65% 648

986 total votes

Isn't this area primarily Democrats?

45JME(801 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Looks like the Valley politicians didn't vote for what their constituents wanted.