Austintown woman injured in Wednesday motorcycle accident dies

Published: Fri, July 9, 2010 @ 5:40 p.m.

LIBERTY — Shannon Heeter, 34, of Austintown, died Thursday night in St. Elizabeth Health Center of injuries suffered when she lost control of her motorcycle Wednesday night on Interstate 80 just east of the Belmont Avenue exit.

Heeter was westbound on I-80 at about 9:30 p.m. when she went off the highway, hit a guardrail and was thrown from her motorcycle, according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol. She was not wearing a helmet.

Comments

1Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

This is very sad . Life is so fragile . Far too many times motorcycle accidents don't give you a second chance .

2sknirak(120 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

Amen, Stan. Considering that a biker is really unprotected on their bike, emphasizes the fragility you mentioned. Our condolences to her family.

3imustbebored(4 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

She will be very sadly missed. Such a strong ,independent & beautiful woman. Her and her daughter were SOOOOO close. It's a real tragedy for all. ESPECIALLY her little girl. RIP SheShe <3 I'm in England and can't even pay my respects..... Life is so short and fragile.....

4Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

How unfortunate

Where with sincere condolences for the family and friends one never likes to hear of anyone having an accident be seriously injurious or fatal.

I rode a bike for years before via a series of incidents and close calls. Allowed me to discover the hazardous risks outweighed the recreational fun I got out of the feel of riding the bikes.

Car's, trucks, boats and planes can be just as hazardous but bikes present hazards with zero vehicle provided protection.

I just wish this lady as well as others would have been given the same opportunity of survival. That I and a number of others had before this so most unfortunately happened.

5reggie(30 comments)posted 4 years, 1 month ago

My deepest sympathy to her family. what a terrible tragedy. she was the sweetest girl around. hated drugs and was a great mom, and did all the right things in life.. what a terrible loss of life. this was at one time my sons best friends wife. i say wife beacuse they have been together for so long and had a beautiful little girl '' Savannah ''.only 34 years old , Shannon RIP. My prayers go out to you Bob,Savannah , and her immediate family.whats really sad is Bob her boyfriend / husband of many many years just lost his twin borther also. my heart aches for you Bob. alot for a person to go through.. but don't give up raise that precious child and know people care and love you..

6rideonmamaxo4(2 comments)posted 4 years ago

I suggest people don't say things about stuff they don't know. Shannon was never married to bob, don't give up? He did that long ago. Shannon was a single mother her & her daughters whole life with no supporrt of bob. Bob was never in the childs life. In all honesty, I suggest you contact the family and find out the truth before posting a loaded bullcrap comment. The nerve some people have. & how do I know all of this? Because I'm shannons daugther savannah. My mother was an amazing woman who didn't need a man in her life & sure as heck had no support from one (a.k.a) bob. He never raised me& he never will. Give him no credit. Its truely horrible my mama had to suffer through that horrible accident, but she loved that bike more then anything.. So atleast she went happy. As well for those of you bikers or non bikers, a memorial run will be held august 22nd at the ice house in.registration starts at 10, first bike out at 1145.

As well as all of this goes, rest in peace & raise all hell up there in heaven mommy, you are & will be TERRIBLY missed by soooo many people, I love you & ride on mama <3

7reggie(30 comments)posted 4 years ago

to who all is reading this. and to all adults. this was a simple mistake. and to have a 15 yr. old become so rude after numerous apologies is so childish. i lived in niles ''fellow readers'' all my life. this girl came to my moms and to my house numerous times , the girl who was killed in this terrible accident. anyway i had moved to Texas in 2000 , and before that i hadn't seen the people mentioned here many years before i even moved. the story is, i came on here to pay respects, not knowing the father and mother had split. and low and behold the daughter has torn into all i have written. makes no sense to me, except i have to understand she is a child and must also be grieving and angry. again Savannah i said i was so sorry for even including bobs name. not more i can do then that. i am not a kid like her, i am an adult and a grandma and made a simple mistake. and again sorry to tell u but he didn't disappear before u were born. i have many photos of u and your dad way after u were born. so not sure what u were told. again i am just here to say i am so sorry for the loss of shannon, and i am done here and will not feed into a childs drama. especially over nothing. all i did was think they were still together and i have gotten nothing but grief for being a human who makes mistakes at times and i have saId i am sorry many times. but this is all i can do and i am DONE. prayers to you Shannon RIP! A PERSON DIES AND TO EVEN TAKE THE TIME TO BE SO ANGRY AND COMPLAIN AND MAKE RUDE REMARKS ON HER PAGE IS SO WRONG. i respect Shannon to much for this nonsense and i wish the family the best. i cannot be disrepectful to Shannon by having a bi****** contest on her site and will not go any farther. geez , can't anyone make a simple mistake anymore. i did my part , its not me with the issues. whats next a fight or arguement in a funeral home or wherevere the memorial will be . bottom line is a older woman who moved from the area thought they were a family, well there not and i understand but i cannot go back and change anything. was a simple mistake. like i said i am 56 and u are 15, not inot any of the drama at all. its uncalled for, especially in the name of your mom. very sad,

8packnation(1 comment)posted 4 years ago

reggie i think a simple sorry would of been fine. for not wanting in the drama you sure wrote enough stuff. you dont know what she is going through or what has happened in her life. sorry for your loss savannah.

9reggie(30 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

i did that many times over and over. just wanted people to know i am a 56 yr. old who just simply was misunderstood and i truely feel for her. i lost my dad also. so know she is so young and grieving i am sure terribly. again Shannon i am so sorry for the mistake of thinking your dad and mom were still together. sorry again for your loss sweetheart.

10sheshe(2 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

I am Shannon's mother and this message goes out to reggie who ever you are. I am sick of the crap you are posting about my daughter and her so called boyfriend/bob. Bob hasn't been in Savannah's life since she was about a year old. HE IS A DEAD BEAT DAD!!!! in for a rude awaking he is not dealing with Shannon anymore He is dealing with me!!! Shannon's Mother!! You are a 56 year old dumb ass..my granddaughter at 15 has more sense then you. I am 59 so if you are comparing age with intelligence I guess that makes me smarter than YOU!!! Keep your comments to yourself. I have no interest in what you have to say. Keep your nose out of my family's bussiness. Your heart goes out to Bob Huh!! What a joke the ass hasn't even paid child support. And quit posting crap on facebook..no one cares what you have to say. My daughter has raised Savannah for 15 years with no help from bob How about giving her the credit she deserves!! Mind your own bussiness!!!!