Are UFOs in our midst?

Published: Sun, February 21, 2010 @ 12:10 a.m.

By Denise Dick

Triangular-shaped craft are reported in counties throughout eastern Ohio.

BOARDMAN — Residents for the past few months have reported seeing strange lights brighten the township sky.

There’s been no explanation to date.

Cue creepy organ music here.

Jason Loree was taking his trash out one evening last summer when he saw a collection of orange lights in the sky above his township home.

“They were in a diagonal pattern,” Loree said.

There was no sound.

“I went in and got my wife and she saw them, and I called my mom, and she saw them too,” Loree said.

The display lasted only a few minutes before disappearing.

“I’ve seen a lot of different aircraft — I’m not an expert — but I’ve never seen anything like it,” Loree said.

The lights seemed to be rising from the horizon, said Loree, who is the township’s administrator.

It’s not something he’ll soon forget.

Is it an X-File? Are little green men in our midst? Paging agents Scully and Mulder.

Loree isn’t the only one who’s seen the strange lights.

A poster to The Vindicator’s message board on Vindy.com recounted a similar sighting Dec. 4.

“I was coming down Mathews Road, I turned right onto Sheridan, and I saw nine to 12 lighted craft kinda in formation from the ground to the sky,” the poster wrote. “The lowest at about 700 feet and the highest at around 2,500. They all followed the same flight path to the same location in the sky, and they all disappeared one by one.”

Master Sgt. Bob Barko Jr., superintendent of public affairs at the Youngstown Air Reserve Station, said the base conducts night time flying operations toward the Boardman area. But those involve C-130s.

“They have a pretty distinctive look,” Barko said.

When those aircraft fly at night, they bear white running lights along the fuselage with red and green lights on the wing tips, he said.

Others have reported their sightings to the Mutual UFO Network database.

MUFON, an organization with chapters throughout the country, lists its mission as “the scientific study of UFOs for the benefit of humanity.”

On Aug. 3, another person reported seeing something peculiar in the sky the night before.

“Yeah, I know it sounds ridiculous, but around 9:55 p.m., my cousin and I were driving eastbound on Route 224 and witnessed three very bright orange glowing objects in the sky, flying in a ‘V’ formation, heading west southwest,” one person wrote.

The objects then seemed to “dissipate” into the night air, according to the account.

“We had no idea what they could’ve been,” the MUFON submission said. “Five minutes later, another barrage of three appeared and were heading in the same direction and also disappeared in the same spot as the first three.”

And we are not alone — in terms of sightings, that is. The existence of life on other planets remains a subject for debate.

Between August and December 2009 MUFON had approximately 25 sightings submitted from counties in eastern Ohio.

“Triangular shape crafts are witnessed in counties throughout Ohio,” Paul Althouse, MUFON webmaster wrote in an email.

Triangular-shaped crafts were sighted in Stark and Cuyahoga counties last November and December, MUFON found.

UFO NETWORK

How to join

Membership to Mutual UFO Network Ohio is open to all MUFON Inc. members. Membership is also open to a limited number of members who do not belong to MUFON Inc. (not to exceed 35 percent of the total membership). Annual dues are $20.

To join, send the following information along with a check or money order (no cash please) to cover the annual dues.

Name, address, city, state,ZIP code, phone, e-mail address.

Also indicate if you are currently a MUFON Inc. member.

Mail this information and your dues to:

MUFON of Ohio

715 Drummond Court

Columbus, Ohio 443214

Upon receipt and processing, you will receive acknowledgement of membership, a current newsletter, and other updates and announcements of group activities. The e-mail address is mufonohio@columbus.rr.com

Comments

1gryluv2(3 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Stealth Bomber/fighter

2short_by_nature(3 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

this is why you shouldn't smoke weed

3Photoman(1013 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

There are many types of aircraft flying but not seen, usually, in this area and recently I read that there were going to be military exercises in this area. Could either scenario explain what was seen?

4Silence_Dogood(1374 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Heck ya aliens exist , there is one working on the editorial board of the Vindicator.

5ufosd(17 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

For those who have taken the time to study this phenomena we have come to realize that ridicule without investigation is the crown of ignorance on the head of a fool. to learn more go to
a local researcher.
www.thestrongdelusion.com

6FreeClassifieds(1 comment)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

In Boardman, I saw the triangle with 3 red lights underneith, in each corner of the triangle. I was driving North on Glenwood Ave, at the innersection of Glenwood and Wildwood. 2-3 streets north of Wildwood, I saw 3 white lights in a straight line. Looked like 3 stars perfectly alligned. When I realized I was getting closer, i turned down the nearest street, and the lights came temperarly out of sight beacuse the object was directly over the roof of my car. I rolled down my window to look straight up, and saw a triangle with 3 red lights in each corner of the triangle. You would here a pin drop, there was no sound at all.. I am not saying this is a "Alien" craft, rather unexplained.. This craft was not moving at all, not even slightly, so it definitely was not a slow moving plane. Also, there were only the 3 white lites and 3 red lights, there were NO green lights anywhere on this aircraft.. after about 2 mins, the craft moved south east bound, until it was out of site.. The only thing I could guess is that this was a Medevac helicopter running drills, as I know they do that on a regular basis.. Would love to confirm this thought, because there was no noise, possibly because it may have been up high..?

7cambridge(3049 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Just read posts from USEless1 and you be the judge.

8Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Most likely a vapor trail from smoking crack cocaine .

9CCmom(31 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

If we exist why can't there be others?

10Rokscout(310 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Stan.....too funny!

11paulydel(1322 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Time to reopen Project Bluebook.

12dawgalong(86 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

My home for 5 years was within a half mile of Barksdale Airforce Base. I can tell you with all confidence that Stealth Aircraft (Fighters and Bombers) do not make a sound, can stop on a dime, and shoot vertically into the atmosphere with great velocity. I've seen it dozens of times. Besides, wouldn't Aliens be smart enough to turn off their running lights?

13axiom(15 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Aliens could exist, I believe. But the airforce conducts a lot of test flights too. I once seen a plane, appearing to be the size of a jumbo jet just hovering (it was pretty high up so could have just been moving really slow, hard to tell). I'm sure the government has a lot of top secret aircraft they test fly that they can't tell us about. I think this is probably the case.

14ytownpunk(26 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Utter nonsense.

It's probably a stealth fighter/bomber or something of the sort. Jumping to the alien hypothesis is amateurish b.s.

15metz87(884 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

What is bs is those who think it is just the military or an airplane. Keep saying that and maybe one day you will be the fool. The only reason people don't belive that ufo's are real is either they have never seen them before or they refuse to accpet the fact that not everything can be explained. You can all hide your heads in the sand and pretend it is not real but that does not make it so. I am waiting for the day that aliens or the goverment come out and tell us they exist then all you jackassses can shut the f**k up Then what will you say,nothing!

16metz87(884 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

That would be sweet! They can take everyone form congress for all I care.

17ytownismyhometown(6 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

18metz87(884 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Those would be very similar to what has been reported over Boardman. detials may not be the best but they can't be airplanes.

19metz87(884 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Not on our planet they don't.

20walter_sobchak(1950 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

If aliens are visiting us, wouldn't it make sense that they would attempt to communicate somehow with us? Or go to a place that has a lot of activity, like NY, LA or Tiger's bed! Why is it always some cornfield in Nebraska of the desert in AZ? I'm also glad that they have running lights on their crafts and they don't get damaged in their journey. ANd why do they only appear at night, not during the day. And, another question. How come a pebble or iceball enters the earth's atmosphere and the sky glows with a fiery streak but these alien crafts enter our atmosphere without a trace?

But, hey, I will check my basement for pods, just in case!

21metz87(884 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Most likely becuase their craft are made much differently then ours. And as for why they are not seen often in the daytime well unless they are close to the ground they can be hard to see. And they know alot of people would freak out because a ot of people fear what they do not understand and that could mean trouble. As for landing in the middle of nowhere they are just trying to avoid someone who thinks they are like Rambo.

22walter_sobchak(1950 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

metz87,
are you some kind of alien f**kin' psychologist or something? Or do you use the "vulcan mind meld"? Please, next time you talk to one, tell them to stop by and have a brewski. Or, does beer not agree with their system?

"Leads? Yeah, we've got some leads. I'll talk to the boys down at the crime lab. I guess they've got them working in shifts!"

23metz87(884 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Nope just someone not afraid to say things that others will never believe becuase they refuse to do so.

24cambridge(3049 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Useless1.....I myself have never given a figure as to how many teabaggers were in DC on Sept.12.

All I have ever done is provide links that state there were 10's of thousands, which would mean less than the 2.1 million you claim.

The link below is the thread where you continually said that there were 2.1 million teabaggers in attendance and I provided nine links that said "liar, liar pants on fire".

In post #42 I provided info from ABC News that said there were around 70,000. That's ABC News making that statement not me.

So click on the link below and read what you wrote and what I wrote and what nine news agencies wrote including Fix Noise who were running the teabag get together and tell me who the liar is.

Please keep your delusions coming, there always good for a laugh and I love the way you must be embarrassing everyone on your home planet and your fellow Republicans on this one.

25metz87(884 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Hs nothing to do with this but politics always is a hot topic.

26Thalia(3 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

They could just be Chinese floating lanterns. (also known as sky lanterns)
They are sometimes released for special events and are now growing in popularity in this area. Google them for more info, or here is a link

If you have never seen them before, they do look like a UFO as the lanterns usually stay by each other as they follow the wind. They were responsible for numerous UFO sightings in Boardman a couple of years ago.

27walter_sobchak(1950 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Maybe they were parachuting in cows under the cover of darkness, going after all the burger frachises.

Eat mor chikin"

28metz87(884 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

Hmm chinese laterns? It could be but i doubt they move fast or go very far if there is little to no wind. i guess if you want to take a resonable approach you can say that is what it is but no one knows for sure that that is really what it is. Do they fly in fomrmations,I doubt it.

29cambridge(3049 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

USEless1....Here is the exact post cut copied and pasted from the thread referred too in post 27 in this thread. It clearly states that the statement is from ABC News.

cambridge (1079 comments) posted 5 months, 1 week ago

UnAmerican....."2.1M Tea Part Patriots".

Liar Liar pants on fire.

ABC News says 60-70 thousand.

How many times have you lied on this board and then I post proof of your lies? Aren't you embarrassed? There is something seriously wrong with your brain.

It is absolutely hilarious that you can read this post and claim the quote is mine.

Go through the original thread and read your comments on the amount of teabaggers in DC on Sept, 12 and read how many teabaggers nine news agencies say were there including Fix Noise and tell me how many were there.

I dare you to tell me how many teabaggers were in DC on Sept. 12, that way we will all know who the liar is.

I'm laughing already in anticipation of your answer.

30metz87(884 comments)posted 4 years, 9 months ago

I guess anything goes in this story.

31LtMacGowan(654 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

I personally witnessed a U.F.O. once before here in Youngstown. I'm not saying it was an Alien or whatever what I am saying is that I am a former U.S. Army Officer and I would consider myself pretty knowledgeable about planes and maneuvering capabilities,

Whatever it was that I saw did not maneuver like any craft dependent on lift. Also it seemed to expand and contract in dimension and was utterly quite except for a strange buzzing sound.

I except that there are things in this universe that we can not yet explain. I also accept the fact that out of all the galaxies in the universe, and all the stars with planets statistically there has to be intelligent life out there.

I'm not saying with absolute certainty the U.F.O. I saw was an Alien craft or something. I'm saying that I keep an open mind and it wouldn't surprise me if it was in deed.

Now this is about the time I hear some crackpot statements about "stop doing drugs" or "were you drunk/stoned?".

Seriously do you believe that every single one of these people all over the world that claim to have seen an U.F.O., a crop circle, or been abducted by aliens are all, to the last, insane crackpots or stark raving loonies?

32ytownismyhometown(6 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Got a sighting/experience you want told? We'll listen:
www.blogtalkradio.com/karrie
UFO/Alien Radio show hosted by a Ytown Native.

33Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Could it be . . .. that they are coming in under the cover of darkness to study the subculture of The Valley . Perhaps they could take a few dozen specimens with them to study and find a cure for their stupidity .

34Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

If they were studying high intelligence they would hover over Harvard University . They must be studying lower life forms .

35Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

yasky :

"you are from Youngstown.......lower life form?"

If I was these fellows would be hovering over top of me . I haven't seen them .

36rjennins01(1 comment)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

No birth cert. Obama then must be an alien too

37bernier689(1 comment)posted 4 years, 5 months ago

Saw the same thing today as described in the artical. It happened 6/11/10 at 10:00 p.m. in the parking lot at movie theater in boardman (tensiltown the cheap theater). It was wierd and brief but they were three orangish lights forming a triangle . Thought it seemed very odd.

38antiwar94(1 comment)posted 4 years, 5 months ago

It is not weed. You can't say these peopel were high. Because some, if not all, were not high.
My dad and my uncle both saw it back a few months ago, and neither of them are crazy, nor do they do drugs. They are perfectly normal people, who were infact afraid to speak of this at first, because they thought people would think they were crazy. But after hearing about other seeing these UFO's my Dad told me and other family members about this.
Actually we were just speaking of this yesterday, when me and my neice starting a conversation about Alien and UFO's.
So I believe these sightings were real.
And I don't believe they were any average aircrafts.
There is like on other planets, we've just yet to come up with enough proof, because they government tries to cover it all up.

39ytownismyhometown(6 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

It's a shame this article has to have scarcasm added to it. This phenomenon is real. I emailed Denise Dick to show her i had proof and never heard back. See for yourself:

40sknirak(120 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

Hasn't the guy at the Airport been predicting more air traffic? Who knows what's flying around the old airport? Boardman-that's only a few milliseconds for them, right?

41VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 4 years, 4 months ago

I once spotted a UFO when I was in the mountains outside of Las Vegas. Really. It was metallic and hovering in one spot and made no noise what-so-ever. Other people who were on the road stopped to look at it as well. When we blinked, it disappeared. I think it was looking for Dennis Kucinich.