$20K loss set in Austintown house fire


Staff report

AUSTINTOWN

Austintown fire officials believe a weekend fire was caused by a burner left on inside a kitchen.

Assistant Chief Andy Frost III said another firefighter saw the blaze from his home and called it in about 3 p.m. Saturday. Firefighters responded to 2277 Innwood Drive, and Frost said he believes the fire originated from a burner on the stove while the homeowner was away.

Frost said no one was home when the fire broke out, but two dogs died. He said the house sustained about $20,000 in damages. “There’s heavy fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the entire house,” he said.

More like this from vindy.com

Subscribe Today

Sign up for our email newsletter to receive daily news.

Want more? Click here to subscribe to either the Print or Digital Editions.