Campbell mayor pleads innocent to drunken driving

Published: Sat, August 28, 2010 @ 12:08 a.m.

Staff Report

LISBON

Campbell Mayor George Krinos pleaded innocent Friday morning in Columbiana County Municipal Court here to charges that he was driving drunk and speeding on state Route 11 near Columbiana earlier Friday.

Krinos told The Vindicator Friday evening he had “two drinks” at a party Thursday night with his wife and had left the party to help a longtime personal friend at the time he got pulled over.

“Not at any time did I feel impaired, nor would I have gotten behind the wheel if I had thought I was impaired,” said Krinos, 32, who has been mayor since December.

“I’d like for this to be a lesson to everyone that even two drinks can put you over the legal limit,” he said.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol Lisbon Post said a trooper pulled Krinos over for speeding at 3:58 a.m. near the Columbiana exit. His blood-alcohol measured 0.092, just above the legal limit of 0.08.

Sgt. David Zatvarnicky of the highway patrol said he did not know what speed Krinos was traveling, but high speed was the reason he was pulled over while traveling southbound in his 2001 Cadillac DeVille.

At Krinos’ arraignment Friday morning, Municipal Court Judge Carol Ann Robb set bond at $1,000, and Krinos was released without having to pay anything. He returns to court at 11:30 a.m. Oct. 7.

Judge Robb took Krinos’ license during the hearing and said Krinos will have limited driving privileges restored in 15 days. When he gets his license back, he will be restricted to driving to his home and job, the judge said.

Krinos said his license suspension will not prevent him from carrying out his duties as mayor or his other job with a financial planning company in Boardman. “This in no way defines my ability to act as mayor,” Krinos said.

Court records say Krinos will be also allowed to continue his education at a school in Grand Rapids, Mich.

Comments

1bkvent(9 comments)posted 4 years ago

Being stupid or just too Much BIG Brother; I dont know which???

2Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

This mayor is a great embarsement to the city

3opddad(61 comments)posted 4 years ago

"That's what they all say!" Just ask any police officer, deputy sheriff, or state trooper, what a D.U.I. suspect's answer to the question, "How much have you had to drink tonight, sir? Heck, just watch one episode of "Cops". Everybody knows two or three drinks, or beers will put your blood alcohol level over .08, cause all those folks aren't lying, are they? They go to jail for D.U.I. The mayor had to know that..he even admits it to the state trooper..duh!

4Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

What on earth is going on ? Why George Krinos is the Mayor of Campbell ! They can't do this to him . Is nothing sacred anymore ?

Some lose the ability to count after a couple of drinks at a party . This should not be held against him . Lets hope that functionality in math is restored when he gets to city hall or Campbell will be in deep doo doo .

5UnionForever(1470 comments)posted 4 years ago

Now the whole world knows why George Krinos actions as Mayor of Campbell make no sense - He's a DRUNK!!!!

6Joe306tow(49 comments)posted 4 years ago

Dear Mayor LUSH!

The first thing that happens when you Drink Alcoholic Beverages is your judgement gets screwed up.

If your high speed was not an indicator that you had one too many, then you were really loaded!

Mayor, Lawyer, Doctor, Pro Football Player, who cares.

When you get behind the wheel of a vehicle, and had a few to drink you are putting everyone on the road with you @ RISK!

Next time Call a TAXI.

I worked over 10 years for a company that impounded cars for two police departments. And I have seen the carnage that DRUNK DRIVERS have left along Ohio's Roadways.

This Mayor, made many errors in Judgement.

But the worst was ti claim he is innocent when the readings clearly say .092 which is clearly over the legal limit of .08 in Ohio!

If this is this Mayors record for Judgement, how can the people of Campbell trust his Judgement when it comes to city matters?

7MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

Looks like he is taking the same stance for the same charge he had in 2006. What is wrong with us people in Campbell? Here, look at 2006!

50 2006 TR C 00272 BDM STATE OF OHIO KRINOS, GEORGE N

Disposition(s):
Status Date Disposition Code Disposition Date Action Code
CLOSED 01/23/2006 (AJ) NOT GUILTY 01/24/2006 OVI#1(REFUSAL)
CLOSED 01/24/2006 (IJ) G OR NC PLEA/REDUCED CHARGE 12/11/2006 OVI#1(REFUSAL)

I would say this is to all you Kool-Aid drinkers but obviously it’s not Kool-Aid that you’re drinking!!!!!

8theword(342 comments)posted 4 years ago

Well, what do u expect? He should have drank the kool-aid all of his supporters are drinking and he wouldn't have gotten the DUI!!!

What a joke, he should resign from office. What an embarsement...

Wonder if they tested him for any type of drugs in his system?

9theword(342 comments)posted 4 years ago

Isn't that nice of him to give a teaching lesson at his expense.

That krinos is always teaching... How to get DUI's, not pay wedding bills and so on and so on...

10jimc51(58 comments)posted 4 years ago

MichaelG, thank you for pointing that out! last night on the news they said it was his first and it's clearly NOT. another thing, He's teaching us a lesson? what a freakin joke. He was heading south on rt. 11 at 4am? was he heading to mountaineer? where the heck was he going at 4am..ohhh thats right, to help a friend lol

11Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

"was he heading to mountaineer?"

With Campbell's money ? LOL !

12TheTruth123(27 comments)posted 4 years ago

This guy is an absolute joke ! You really can't make this stuff up . Just look at all his failures and mistakes , what a loser .

It states that he was with his wife , Its hard to believe that driving your pregnant wife thats due in 2 months a model citizen.

Way to to go George ,risking the life of your wife and unborn child.

13Lifes2Short(3877 comments)posted 4 years ago

I voted for Dill.

14MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

Where is all his helpers that stick up for him? I want to hear the excuses for this one. Somebody wrote on Facebook that Krazinos should watch because people would be looking to set him up.... What a banana to write something like that! Krazinos can't walk and chew gum at the same time. What a joke!!!!!!!

15ella61(4 comments)posted 4 years ago

Maybe he can say he was slipped the date rape drug like he was "poisoned" at his wedding. This way he can get out of paying for his DUI like his wedding!

16onlyincampbell(35 comments)posted 4 years ago

The history of "King" George;

10/06/2009 paying an employee with a check on a closed account (nice)
2006 charges: driving drunk, speeding and lane straddling, charges reduced (guess thats why he claims this is his 1st)

Doesn't drink and Drive?
Seen coming out of Devils Den at 4:30 am & 7:30 am.
Seen drinking at the Diamond and Boogy's.
Seen driving up with beer in hand and drunker than a skunk to make a drug deal at 5 am after the cops cleared from a drive by shooting. Ask any of the several tenants there if you dont believe me.

Stiffing AngeNetta's for his wedding, Stiffing a radio Station for advertising

Suppose to make special appearances on behalf of the city: CMHS graduation..no show, St Joe's Festival....no show, the derby at St. Joe's for the handicapped...no show

Getting so drunk that he puts his wedding ring back on oops he forgot what hand it went on
Now this! Wow now add another attorney to his defence team. I'd say he more lawyers than OJ Simpson had for his trial!

Oh but wait all of this CANT possibly be his fault as all of his court jesters would say "it's all Councils fault"

Well another black eye for our city! Thank you King George. I hope everyone calls city hall Monday demanding you step down before you do anymore damage to our city. If you think this is being an Upstanding City Official your wrong!

And hmmmmm did anyone notice that LOL hasn't posted and Dinese is on vacation, strange coincidence?

17Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years ago

What a disgrace,..

Beyond this current ordeal. That guys history reads like a serial cluster-muck that somebody is carrying for impure reasons.

I couldn't believe he actually tried to spin this like he was merely " Teaching the public a lesson ".

Everybody on the road or pedestrians are at risk of being injured or killed by such a irresponsible louse.

I hate drunk drivers and it's not just because I lost unsuspecting friends and a colleague got mangled at the hands of a number of drunk driving reprobates.

But it hurts even when you hear of those you never even met. Being laid innocent victim of some lowlife killing or injuring women, children babies or other men.

It's a character, civil, integrity, respect and responsibility thing. Where to be that irresponsible and don't give a damn reckless is intolerable.

If the citizens of Campbell don't run him out of office they deserve getting fleeced. By a don't give a damn drunk that won't even take responsibility for his own actions.

It's not political partisanship when you hold yourself to the absolute same standard. That you demand others to have the decency and respect for others safety as the reason.

18candystriper(575 comments)posted 4 years ago

Last thing the Mayor needs... wrecking his 2001 Cadillac!!!
... how will he get the parts to fix it with GM suppliers bankrupt?

19L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

Sorry onlyincampbell for not being by my computer when this story broke, I was living my life. And no I won't come on here and (completely) defend Krinos, however I will point out a few things.

How you people can sit on here and point fingers is beyond me. First and foremost I must point out that I do not condone drinking and driving. With that being said how many of you have had drinks then drove? MichaelG? Theword? Onlyincampbell? The only difference between us and Krinos is that he got caught.

Someone on here pointed out about his statements that he only "had two". Well lets look at the facts. He blew a .092 which is a significanlty low dui so maybe he did only have two. Drinking significantly more drinks would have lead to a significantly higher dui. Also, if this were two years ago his .092 wouldnt even of achieved a dui with the then dui minimum being 0.1. Again I do not condone drinking and driving but I also dont condone hypocrits.

The credit I do give Krinos is that at least he is trying with this city. I was tired of everyone being complacent with the bums that ran this city for the past ten years. Someone had previously pointed out on a past post "well at least dill didnt spend money when campbell was hurting". So being a bump on the log is acceptable? Dill not only didnt spend money, he didnt do shet. He sat there for ten years and maintained. The council sat behind his for ten years and maintained. Well I myself was tired of maintaing. Be proactive, do something. Isnt that why the "kool-aid" drinkers voted in Obuma? Now look at him. Spending and in worse shape than when Bush was in there. My point is that instead of maintaing try actually doing something. Krinos had the guts to step forward and do something. Maybe instead of working against him from day one the council should have worked with him in trying to better campbell.

And piss on sherman. He couldnt lawyer his way out of defending both teh plantiff and the defendant. H e has a degree from Georgetown and is the finance director of campbell?? Juantia tried to run for mayor but got embarrassed. Lyin Brian will proabbly run but wouldnt against his buddy dill. Tsikorus is just a follower and wouldnt have the balls to run. So lets pick on Krinos who was tired of being complacent for the past ten years and wanted to make a difference. If this council is so wise then work with Krinos, not against.

20MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

LOL,

You are a moron! I knew you would come on here and stick up for that Bum! If you would read your post and realize what you are writing, you would be ashamed of yourself. If drunk Krazinos wrecked and hurt someone in your family, would you be on here defending him??? M O R O N!!!! Please someone tell me if I'm thinking out of line here....

21MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

Another question is why Brian Macala would defend him?? Doesn't he know the chances of him getting paid are as good as Krazinos turning our city around! Like a zero percent chance. Brian, I hope you asked for your money up front. He might get food poisoning in your office and blame the water that he drank in there for his illness!!!

22MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

THE WORD, THE TRUTH123,

CMHS68 is on vacation right now. Give her a second to get back in town and she will be posting. Get your boots on because I'm sure the excuses and going to be very thick!!!!

23L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

MichaelG you are the moron. I'll quote myself from my own post.

"First and foremost I must point out that I do not condone drinking and driving."

"Again I do not condone drinking and driving but I also dont condone hypocrits"

So tell me how I "come on here and stick up for that Bum"?

Also, you gonna sit here and say you've never had a drink then drove? I dont condone being impaired and getting behind the wheel but if you can sit here and say you've never had "a couple" then drove you are a flat out liar.

24Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years ago

@ L0L

Wow,..

Boy did you ever prove beyond any reasonable doubt that you're worthless and your perspectives are as insane and abstract as it gets,.. no matter how you look at it.

You're so contradictory in your incompetent effort to defend that louse in your multi mis-directional diatribe of dumbness. That you'll now forever be known as an interdiction of your own idiocy.

This isn't his first time doing something like this and even now he still tries to spin it as him presenting some public service awareness event,.. where he's a martyr?

NO,.. it's now unquestionably clear that guys history proves he's an irresponsible abomination. Of ill will, works and nature and you're even worst than he is,.. if you're not him in disguise.

Since you're a willful, deliberate, serial and self admitted drunk driver. Just what in the hell does that say about you meaning anybody any good?

See you're a deliberate liability to everybody and your being such a lying, rotten and irresponsible hypocrite.

It's amazing that you're too stupid to even know how to spell your disposition and dare allege someone else is one?,.. " hypocrits "

See that's not opinion THAT'S exactly what you just insisted on confirming as your most profound accomplishment.

These posters wisely called you out and boy did you ever respond in a irrefutable manner to show they're not wrong,.. YOU'RE WORTHLESS !!!.

25Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

censoredship i was wondering the same thing why in the world would he being driving that far to go to school just something doesnt seam right with that. And what kind of party was he at at 3:58Am that far away from home. I say Maybe he was just out partying.

26opddad(61 comments)posted 4 years ago

LOL..That's what I did after reading your post (LOL)! Alcoholics and drug addicts have the same attitude..They think, because "they" and "all their friends" are alcoholics/addicts the whole world is too! It, in their mind..justifies and enables them to "be like everyone else." News Flash...you..sir..are delusional.

27L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

Nunya please, when I see your name I skip past your mindless drivel. And before we start the "oh you cant spell routine", which by the way I didn't realize we were being graded on here, check your own grammatical errors before you comment on others.

Nunya- "works and nature and you're even worst than he is,.."

Am I nunya? Am I worst than he is? Really?

Nunya- "Since you're a willful, deliberate, serial and self admitted drunk driver"

I am? Really? Where did I say that? When I stated that I've drank a couple then drove? Someone check me into betty ford I don't think I'll be able to get over my sickness without any help!

I must stop posting now, I don't think I can be in the same thread as art thou holy ones.

28theword(342 comments)posted 4 years ago

@ LOL

Arn't you a police officer in campbell?

You are on here defending a person who was driving drunk.

Now we all know why he was never arrested in Campbell after leaving the bars in the early am you guys got his back I see..

Your mayor is a loser and needs to step down now so this city can try and gain some sort of respect..

29Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

"I wonder what he's going to school in Grand Rapids for?"

Staying sober 101 ?

30Mer1(28 comments)posted 4 years ago

Two drinks at a party? What was the size of those drinks? If the drinks consisted of an 8 ounce glass of whiskey on the rocks, then we know how he went over the limit. Either that or he had numerous drinks. I mean, how many of you believe that he only had two?

31Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

George is just having the time of his life at taxpayer expense being the Mayor of Campbell . The Ohio State Highway Patrol Lisbon Post Trooper wasn't impressed with his Mayoral Status .

32kdarkad(4 comments)posted 4 years ago

A response to Stan; I think that you should look at the job he has been doing. If you pay attention he has done more effort trying to improve the city. A better job than Jack did. And nothing is at the taxpayers expense.

33Mer1(28 comments)posted 4 years ago

Nothing at the taxpayer's expense? How about a proposed levy? If my real estate taxes go up, then that my friend consists of "taxpayer's expense". The budget only got balanced this year by juggling numbers between departments. That won't be available next year. He is a poor representative for this city. Won't pay the wedding caterer, stopped for drinking and driving, has numerous judgements against him, etc.

34Mer1(28 comments)posted 4 years ago

The thing that bothers me the most about this incident is his quote, “I’d like for this to be a lesson to everyone that even two drinks can put you over the legal limit.” He knows darn well that he had more than two drinks. Now he tries to wiggle himself out by trying to teach us a lesson so that we can be more careful in our personal lives. I have a friend who lost her sister to a drunk driver and she never got over this. Yet we have people on this site sticking up for him saying that he was barely over the limit. The bottom line is he was over the limit and was speeding in a two ton caddy down Rte 11. If he would have hit someone he would have killed them. Believe me, this is not an isolated incident.

35Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

kdarkad :
"A response to Stan; I think that you should look at the job he has been doing"

I have been and an award may be in order .

36Mer1(28 comments)posted 4 years ago

Good one Stan.....a 44 ounce glass would be more appropriate.

37lidieo3(23 comments)posted 4 years ago

Let's bring back Dill. He did so much in 10 years....NOT. Do you have to be a saint to be the mayor? You people are really sick. If you can't see that he is at least trying to do something for the city. A lot more than the previous admin.

If this steel mill comes to campbell and creates jobs I'll buy him drinks all night long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go George. Keep up the good work. Screw the haters. Especially the ones who should be supporting their own kind (MichaelG). You are a malaka!

38Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

lidieo3 :
" Do you have to be a saint to be the mayor?"

No need to be a boozer either .

39Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

Have you read past vindy. com article about that mill. The company owes so many people money and doesnt even have a bank account. And i wouldnt give krinos all the credit for a mill comeing down here. It was Dill that focused alot of time getting grants and money for a mill to come to the brownfields. If it does come i will deffiently thank Dill. And i don't blame the council for not wanting to work with a drunk who shows up to meethings late. And all his ideas are spending money. So maybe when he comes up with an idea that doesnt involve spending money the city doesnt have he will have council and alot of the citizens support.

40Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

FACT

41L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

So Dll had nothing to do with the city being in the shape it is? Krinos brought the city down all by himself in his first six months of office?? A reasonable person knows the city was on a downward spiral for awhile and crashed when Krinos took office. Some on here are complementing Dill, for what? He had this city in fiscal emergency under the state's watch since 2004. Wheres the blame on him? And dont get me started on him and the brownfields. That project was headed up by Mamula from struthers and Dill piggy backed. Dill also never actively went out there and recruited businesses. i guess he thought they would all come to him. I think he watched field of dreams one too many times.

42kdarkad(4 comments)posted 4 years ago

A response to BillyBob; Maybe he would show up on time if he had a council that would work with HIM! NOT AGAINST HIM! AND BASH EVERY IDEA THAT HE COMES UP WITH. Because i have been to the meetings and have witnessed first-hand what goes on. I think that if people would give our new mayor a chance and if council would stand behind him he would be able to do good things. But everything is POLITICAL! LETS FACE IT DILL IS GONE! New blood is in! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT MOVE!

43MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

lidieo3,

Because I'm greek I'm suppose to support a banana like Krazinos??? Are you investing your money in his financial company? Would anyone invest their money in his financial company. I'll bet you his own family doesn't invest their money with his company. He is a drunk and a non paying deadbeat who is Greek. Where are your morals to support someone like that. They have meetings, he doesn't show up; we have functions in the city, he doesn't show up. What is he doing to represent our city???? BTW, love your comment that you would be buying him drinks all night long. Makes you sound like a true IDIOT!

44MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

LOL,

Point taken with new business and the city being in fiscal emergency with Dill in office. But everything was controlled. The budget was in order, people that were helping the city knew what was going on. Now, it's chaos!!! You have money shuffling, chief's wife working in the Mayor's office, Drunk driving, the mayor not showing up for meetings, can't balance a budget, trying to fire people when he can't, hiring people that we don't have the money to hire with. Do you not see something wrong here???? Do you think it's pot luck that this kind of coverage wasn't happening when Dill was mayor? Let me guess, he was in Cahoots with the news media to keep them from shedding light on this....

45kdarkad(4 comments)posted 4 years ago

THE PEOPLE VOTED GEORGE KRINOS IN FOR ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY! THE PEOPLE WANTED AND NEEDED A CHANGE! It came to the point where people would of voted mickey mouse in if he were running for mayor. THE PARTY IS NOT OVER, LETS SEE WHAT OUR NEW MAYOR CAN DO GIVE HIM A CHANCE He's only human!

46MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

kdarkad,

Keep riding the sweet pickles bus and drinking his Kool-Aid. I'll give him a chance. A chance of getting another DUI!

47MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

CMHS68,

Please come home from your vacation. We miss your ridiculous remarks too!!!!

48kdarkad(4 comments)posted 4 years ago

Michael G! YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON THAT SAID SOMETHING TRUTHFUL! BECAUSE EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT, THAT'S THE TRUTH!

49Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years ago

kdarkad :

"I think that if people would give our new mayor a chance and if council would stand behind him he would be able to do good things. But everything is POLITICAL! LETS FACE IT DILL IS GONE! New blood is in!"

First get him to sober up . Driving under the influence shows poor reasoning . A drunk running any city will not get any positive results . So the new blood is in ? Without performance the city of Campbell will be done in .

50Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

Yea people wanted a change. You maybe right but krinos made alot of false promises. And was a good liar. Instead of change for good we got change for bad.

51Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

LOL: You finally looked up some facts!

"Krinos brought the city down all by himself in his first six months of office."

You got it right. The chaos he caused goes on and on. It's a never ending trail.

Let's see:
-He first brought a fireman back that the city didnt have money for at the time.

-Tried to put his own people into office.

-Staged fights at council meetings.

-Has mutliple lawsuits and the city is paying for his lawyers.

-Gave raises that where unjustified.

And now......driving while drunk.

Let's give it up for Mayor Krinos!! One man city wrecking machine!!!

52piak(508 comments)posted 4 years ago

@Billybob21: Post 58 aptly describes the same situation with Obama-but then, he doesn't drink. You know: Change wanted, promises made, but not the change or promised stuff that was expected.

Campbell or Washington, DC. Same difference.

53Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years ago

@ L0L

Get off it,..

You're so slanted your slope is more a mountainous cliff than any mole hill. By your position individuals like you and that reckless moron. Absolutely can't be defended by any stretch of the imagination.

He's constant chaos and you're a cretin trying to craft a campaign alleging that his serial muck-ups are being misrepresented and or misunderstood?,.. GET REAL !!!

You also know you stated you " have a couple " and drive as routine. That speaks volumes as to your true disregard for the safety of others.

See clearly your perceived " good time " practices to you is a privilege. Where everybody else are supposed to embrace you as an at large liability that EVERYBODY is supposed to accept?,.. LIKE HELL WE WILL !!!

Which any and everybody with any sense or responsible degree of respect and decency. Duly understands that you're a don't give a damn about anybody individual,.. read whats being stated in mass response.

I mean you had the damn nerves to try to sanction it as " Ok " and proclaim I'm unreasonable for not accepting that,.. I NEVER WILL !!!

See along with family and friends, I happen to care for the safety of everybody that roams this earth. It's not a if I like or agree with them or not posture.

Every time I hear of someone having their lives altered or ended by self serving scum like you it hurts and enrages me.

See as fellow drivers and pedestrians on or along the roads, sidewalks, parks and everywhere else. They don't owe you or your fellow drunk buddy a shot at ruining or ending their lives for your refusal to adhere to responsible safety.

This isn't partisan or bias and there's a number of those running you raged here. That on many occasions I've routinely and vehemently disagree with on the norm,.. NOT ON NOTING LIKE THIS !!!

See that should tell you something pretty damn profound about this. When on an issue such as this we all agree to present a unified opposition. And non choreographed unified intolerance.

To what that repulsive individual did and you had the nerves to try to defend it as " not that bad. " because you do it too,... how profound.

54cmhs68(134 comments)posted 4 years ago

@MichaelG93 and anyone else.

First have have not commented becuase we all know we have our difference of opinions, I was trying to stay off so we didnt turn this into an argument that put us on the front of vindy.com top blogs or most commented list. However we are already there so what the heck.

Second I was not on vacation which tells me you assume I am his secretary. I have said time and time again. I am not who you keep saying I am. Please come to that realization.

55cmhs68(134 comments)posted 4 years ago

@ everyone who commented

I will not defend him nor do I agree with drinking and driving I believe he was wroung in this matter.

I spoke with the Mayor on saturday afternoon, he stated the law is the law, he intends to not fight this matter and would like to just take his punishment and move on by focusing on the city.

The only reason a "not guilty plea" was made is because his attorney recommended it and his attorney wanted time to speak with him. The Mayor openly admitts to having 2 Martinis, does not deny it nor will, he was truely shocked that he would have been over which is why he said let this be a lesson. He has said he did not think the amount of liquor in the martinis would have put him over the limit. His mistake.........

He has no excuse and he said he is only sorry for the negative light this is shedding on Campbell because this was his own actions and was not anything related to the city business.

Last I feel if all of you cared about the light this is shedding on Campbell we should make our comments to the Mayor at his town hall meeting. Now I also feel that he should not have created this problem and so does he. Lets not air our laundry anymore on the blogs. We need to stop this and we do need to stay off the blogs. Again my personal feeling.... we have enought publicity with out us the citizens making it worse.

56cmhs68(134 comments)posted 4 years ago

He also said he is thank full for all his supporters and as you guys call them the "Kool-Aid drinker" but in this matter he feels that he messed up, and he is extremely sorry. He intends to apologize to the citizens of Campbell and he stated he will be doing so on a personal and individual basis as he sees us.

57Mer1(28 comments)posted 4 years ago

I don't think that he is telling you the truth when he says that he only had 2 martinis. I'm not saying he had 20, but I feel that he had more than 2. For anybody else, I may give them the benefit of the doubt regarding telling the truth. But for a guy with his track record, I don't believe a word he says. He should give up his mayor job on Monday morning.....not saying I want Dill back but there has got to be someone else out there better than the current mayor.

58MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

Why doesn't he just step down? He cannot run this city. We are the laughing party of all the other towns. Everyone on here that wanted change, cut your hair, change your tires. Don't bring a moron into office and f-up our finances. I posted on here earlier that we had problems before he came into office. Does everyone on here know that we had a surplus coming into this year. He hires a secretary and pays her money that wasn't in the budget. He takes benefits when he said he wouldn't. He brings in a fireman that wasn't in the budget. Everyone that says on her to give him a chance, why would you say that???? He has shown he can't handle his own or the city's finances!!!! Get him out of city hall and let him ruin his own life, not the cities!!

59SoupCity85(25 comments)posted 4 years ago

CMHS, with all due respect to you and your friend the mayor. I've seen him a couple times this summer. And he's a pretty large man. Surely, 2 martini's wouldn't put a man of that size over the limit. If he was at a party or a bar for several hours I don't believe for one minute that he had ONLY 2 drinks. That just doesn't pass the common sense quiz.

60L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

@Nunya, like I stated before I dont read your posts so I hope it was as insightful as your past ones.

@MichaelG, I agree with some of what you said and I disagree. I dont want to argue. I think we both want the same thing anyway...Campbell to move forward in the right direction.

You stated Dill had the budget in control. No he didnt. If he did campbell wouldnt of been in fiscal emergency for the past 7 years. Not spending money isnt a balanced budget. Thats called keeping the status quo which gets us nowhere.

I agree with you about the chiefs wife. She shouldnt be the mayors secretary thats just a conflict of interest however I will once again dispute your pay comments regarding bennies. Krinos took the bennies because the deal that he set up was ignored by the council. If tehy would have followed it, and saved the city roughly $40k, he wouldnt have taken them. They went back on the deal so he took the bennies.

The money shuffling you cant necessarily blame on him. Thats the finance director that he tried to fire. You need a competant finance director to run a city and we sure as hell dont have one.

Regarding the fireman. I dont know where I stand on this one but I will once again point something out that keeps getting overlooked. The police department lost a sergeant, which they never replaced, so tehy are saving his salary. The hiring of the fireman can be at the expense of not replacing the sergeant. Wheres the money spending? He basically traded a sergeant for a fireman.

As for the surplus your exactly right. I heard miles state at the start of his term we had something like $400k. Also we could last another 5 years if we kept going the way we were going. My question is what happened. Something sounds fishy there and please dont blame it all on Krinos. Something is wrong. What is miles doing? He's in charge of the finances does he not know what he is doing?

Although we disagree on certain topics, and agree on others, I dont feel the need to argue about it. I want what you want, a better campbell. Krinos was elected because people were tired of Dill doing nothing. Bottom line. The city wanted to move forward not just get by. You suggest he step down so who should take office? I would certainly hope your recommendation wouldnt be one of the councilmen. Like I stated before. They had ten years to do something while serving with Dill and chose not to. We need someone, a new coucnil, who will work together and turn this ship around.

61L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

@MichaelG,

One more comment. You mentioned about the mayor giving raises. I would only assume you mean the police dept since that artcile was just in the paper. However, you are wrong. The mayor had nothing to do with that. A consciliator came in as a third party and ruled in favor of the raises. The mayor has nothing to do with that except follow his ruling. However, our magnificent council who knows all thinks its "invalid" because tehy didnt "vote" on teh contract. If tehy had half a brain, or if miles was actually an attorney like his degree says, they would know a concsilator's ruling is binding. The council's only recourse is taking it to court but instead they took it to their own court and shot it down. Now the police have to take it to court which will cost the city more money. The council is now costing the city money but thats ok?

62Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years ago

Oh Jeez LOL,..

At least you're starting to sound like you understand this isn't any bias partisan campaign to make a spectacle out of this individual.

See it's known that it's without question they've got some corrupt and incompetent clowns on Campbell's council and within what it calls a police department too.

But this guy as the mayor sure as hell isn't helping and him and that chief? are sticking out head and shoulders within that cash grab circus.

That council needs to be replaced and so too does that police department need to be disbanded. With the patrolmen transferred out, the ones with deplorable records fired.

And that chief forced to resign, retire or be relieved for cause. Where Campbell has been in emergency crisis so long, petitioning federal oversight can get it done.

For all intents and purposes the residents of Campbell did right by not re-electing Dill. But they didn't clean out that council or replace that chief and that's a residual problem.

Now to include Krinos, is adding to their woes by him making such a showing of himself all by his own actions. That you can't blame on anybody but him for how he's being noticed,.. DISPICABLE !!!

He's done nothing but having staked claim to having made the demoralized voting residents. Come to the realization that in comparison to Dill they've went from woefully bad to even worst electing him.

For that towns governing body to be that small. It's not hard to find the muck-ups and guess who's placed themselves right in the middle of being a ring leader in that monopolized mess,.. hmm?

63onlyincampbell(35 comments)posted 4 years ago

ok ok ok I just can't sit here and keep my mouth shut anymore!
How can some of your people on here who support this idiot non stop no matter what he does keeping the band wagon for him going? Makes me wonder if it's your salaries he got you, or was it the campaign promise he made to you? Give me a break!

@LOL I'm sorry to burst your bubble but...sweetheart I dont drink, so therefore getting caught for a DUI isn't in my future.
"Dill maintained" Absolutely he did! he actually had money building in some accounts its called responsiblity to the citizens. You know its a thing that us average and lower income folks do..we save!
Comparing him to Obama! What a joke our President is for the average to low income people he tries to save them money where he can, but not this (and I use this term losely) Mayor he just thinks he has the Federal Reserve to back him! This guy wants to put a levy on the ballot, charge us for the street lights & place a assessment on the landlords. Yep he doesn't want us to pay does he!
He shows up at Council meetings either late (as to make a grand entrance) or he doesn't show at all, same with the State meetings. Yeah thats a real leader now isn't it?
He has gave this city more bad P.R. than Lindsey Lohan or Mel Gibson combined, but you Krino's supporters... stand behind your man, what a shame!

@kdarkad Please, please please tell me where or for that matter what he has done for this city, give me factual items not maybe's or probably.. something concrete!
" IF YOU DONT LIKE IT MOVE!" How about this keep billybob here he probably actually pays his way in this city you know income tax, water bill, real estate taxes. How about have Krinos move his sorry butt out of office? He's a disgrace
"THE PEOPLE VOTED GEORGE KRINOS IN FOR ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY! THE PEOPLE WANTED AND NEEDED A CHANGE!" Not all of us were dumb enough to fall for his campaign promises, knowing the money wasn't there for his ideas! Oh and the people also voted to go to a Volunteer fire dept. so you going to demand this mayor abide by the citizens vote? Or are you just going to pick and chose?

64onlyincampbell(35 comments)posted 4 years ago

@LOL
I am so tired of your Krinos spins on things, my god do you even go to the meetings or does he tell you about them at the bar afterwards? There was never and I shall repeat this slowly so you understand N-E-V-E-R a "deal" between the Georgy and council when it came to the bennies. I strongly suggest you go to Dena's office and read the minutes from those meetings!
"the money shuffling" is not something that Mr. Miles nor Council agrees with at all, that is your mayors idea, after HE spoke to the State Auditor, he just FAILS to tell everyone that the Auditor DOES NOT suggest doing this. Its called robbing Peter to pay Paul! Once that money is moved its GONE there is nothing left.
Your spin on the cop that wasn't replaced. Well then can you please tell me 2 things? 1st how can you pay a fireman from the separate account thats for the police? Or is he a policeman too? 2nd they didn't replace him? Huh then why was the 2nd wards son hired to work as a policeman? Or is he working for free?
Your comment "trade a cop for a fireman" if thats the case then maybe we should see if Lew will take Dineses place and she can go out on unemployement...at least Lew answers the phone in a polite manner and he answers it more than she does!
You stated to MichealG "You mentioned about the mayor giving raises The mayor had nothing to do with that." That is a bold face out right Lie! The mayor negotiated the contracts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Council asked him June or July how that was going he stated "We only had a couple of meetings so nothing really has happened with that" So your wrong he had everything to do with the way things went with that! True Krinos spin again!

65L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

@onlyincampbell youre obviousli a know it all that dont know jack.

"There was never and I shall repeat this slowly so you understand N-E-V-E-R a "deal" between the Georgy and council when it came to the bennies"

-Yes there was. Plain and simple.

""the money shuffling" is not something that Mr. Miles nor Council agrees with at all"

-Yet Miles is doing it. Miles doesntr listen to teh mayor, he listens to the council. So therefore, HE is doing it, or the council is telling HIM to do it.

"1st how can you pay a fireman from the separate account thats for the police? "

-Easily. You stated there was money shuffling going on didnt you?

"2nd they didn't replace him? Huh then why was the 2nd wards son hired to work as a policeman? Or is he working for free?"

-No. He's working as a part-time officer dumbazz. Im talking about FULL time firemen and FULL time officers. Comprende?

"That is a bold face out right Lie! The mayor negotiated the contracts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

-Not shiet. But the CONCSILIATOR ruled on the wages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything else you dont know but talk like you do come back, we'll have another sit down.

And for the record I dont agree with or like everything Krinos has done however Ill take him trying over Dill doing nothing with this city for the past ten years any day. If this council is sooo wise why cant they just work with him for the betterment of the city and put him on teh right track? Nope. Instead they stonewalled him from day one setting the precedent on how they were going to act. Hell you can run for mayor and as long as you would do a good job I'd be happy. I was just tired of the past admin who didnt do sheit with this city for ten years.

66theword(342 comments)posted 4 years ago

Why do u guys waist time on LOL haven't you figured it out that he is a police officer.

I like to call him dog boy. He needs to be on the mayors kool-aid crew because he was one of them that got a raise with the new contract.

67theword(342 comments)posted 4 years ago

Brian son is a police officer?

That explains why he voted with the mayor on a few issues.

I see the back room dealings in the city are alive and well. I'll vote with you and you give my son a job. Is that how it goes.

This city needs to go and let some other city take it over what a joke!!!!

68MVP(67 comments)posted 4 years ago

Nunya, is English your first language? It appears you pull words out of a dictionary and put them together in no logical fashion and call it a sentence. In the future, please do everyone a favor and try to form a cohesive thought and use words that you actually know the meaning of. Then we might have the opportunity to see if you can make a point. As it is now, I start to read your post then get so distracted by your propensity for alliteration I stop reading. Based on what I can decipher, maybe that's a good thing.

69cmhs68(134 comments)posted 4 years ago

@ The Word

I bet you never thought you would read about me writing something negative about the Mayor, well here goes......

I do believe that there were some back hand dealings going on with Bryan and the Mayor for his son to get a job on the force. From what I see if they allow the civil service test his son is in line to get the job as a full time officer. True or not I dont know but I disagree with this move from the Mayor, it looks fishy to me. Thats the only negative remark I will make. Im not saying the Mayor is corrupt but it sure looks like he had to do this to get on the small good side of Bryan. This just goes to show you that it looks like council and yes even Bryan is out for themselves and their family when it comes to the city.

70MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

Isn't Bryan's son part time on the police force? Also, I'm almost positive that they can't hire anyone else. So if he's part time and not full time, where's the shady-ness of the deal. Besides, anyone who would risk their life everyday for money is not getting a back room dealing in my eyes. Only thing that I don't like about Bryan is HIS set of his you know what's! He talks a big game and doesn't back it up. It's common knowledge that all of the council and most of the community know krazinos is a shame but they still don't do anything about it to get him out of office. It's going to take our city to go bust before something is done. If their councilmen, they should care more about the city than people liking and disliking them. They need to grow a set and get him out of office! I'm calling Bryan out!!!! DO YOUR JOB AND GET RID OF THE MAIN PROBLEM OF OUR CITY, GEORGE KRAZINOS!!!!!

71theword(342 comments)posted 4 years ago

@cmhs68

I agree w/ your post. Why do u think someone will run for council, or even mayor, making the kinda of money they make?

They run for office to get benefits for them and their family, or to get family members city jobs.

No elected offical cares about the city, its what they can get from the city. Brian just proved that by getting his son a job on the police force. SHAME ON YOU BRIAN YOU ARE NO BETTER

72L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

@theword
youre just an azz but ill play along. Youre really sherman right? I too dont agree with brians son getting a job that just looks bad. However, who knows how he got it. The mayor? The chief? Who got him in to get on Brians good side?

@MichaelG
Many valid points but I can say the exact same thing you stated with a twist. How do we get the council out of office? Theyve had ten years to prove their uselessness. Time for all to go so this city can move on!!!

73MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

LOL,

I disagree with that statement. I don't believe council is useless. They have not brought business in Campbell but they have done things to make the city as nice as can be with the money they've had to spend. If for ten years they didn't do anything why hasn’t there been all these bad articles in the papers for 10 years??? Also, we are 9 months in of Mr. Krazinos's office term and HE HASN'T DONE one thing to help the city. Before you say because council won't let him do anything, tell me one thing he was doing that was going to help the city’s finances..... NADA, ZIPPO, GOOSE EGG TO THAT. All he has done is spend money and not save money. What is crazier to me is that he is supposed to be this financial planner!!!! Honestly, look at this example of what he is doing with the city’s budget. LOL, you are his client. You SPECIFICALLY tell him that you have $50/month to invest and that's all you can afford. You are done sitting with him and he starts deducting $120/month out of your paycheck instead of the $50/month. What is going to happen to your finances??? That is what he is doing with the cities money. He is spending more that we have and it is going to sink our city! Very disappointing!!!

74MichaelG93(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

Theword,

I would be shocked if that's why Bryan would be in office. He's got money, his son is a good kid. Bryan is there to help the city. I truley believe that. Think about all his years there and now his kid gets a PART TIME police job. I'm not buying that theory!

75L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

Michal you just proved my point. Council hasnt done anything in ten years except maintain!! They did NOT bring any businesses in, they did NOT improve anything and THEY did not have any new ideas that you are putting Krinos down for not having. Krinos has tried the landlord fees, council shot it down. Krinos has had other ideas but nothing can be done without the council letting it happen. They need to work together! Sitting here and accepting ther fact that council has "done things to make the city as nice as can be with the money they've had to spend" isnt good enough anymore. We need proactive people in there. If its not Krinos then I dont care who is just as long as it isnt anyone from that council. All tehy have done since Krinos's first day is work against him. Thats not acceptable.

As far as not being in the news in the past 9 years we have. We've been in there for fiscal emergency, police and fire staffing as well as issues with state auditors. I think its just teh way it is now because all eyes were on Krinos due to him being a change in the city after ten years. Its like a spotlight was drawn to us. Same thing happened to struthers when mamula was beat out by their current mayor. They all of a sudden started making the news with their council meetings and the way things were going. Its a natural response to change. I just wish it was good change.

76hammertime(1 comment)posted 4 years ago

I've been sitting for 6 months now, reading the Vindy blogs about this city as well as the articles it has written about our city. I have never felt the urge to post.
At 1st I thought why aren't these people giving this mayor a chance. But after reading blogs and reading articles, talking to many many residents and officials in this city and getting the facts, now I can see what the problem is! It seems this party animal of a "Mayor" is using this city and some of its residents as his personal playground. This last ride, his DUI is just the straw that broke the "campbells" back!
But as the Krinos city spinners say " Oh everyone drinks and drives" You cannot be serious! I have also heard that some are saying that "he was set up" Someone following him around to "set" him up? Are you actually implying that someone follows this party animal around 24 - 7? Waiting for him to make the wrong move? And are you also implying that this State Trooper was a part of it?
It seems to me that you Krinos spinners got one heck of an imagination! Krinos has stated "He was just helping a friend" and "would never drive drunk" Huh well after talking to several citizens, after reading the story about the driveby shooting in the city, It was brought to my attention that after this occured the mayor showed up about 4:30 - 5 a.m. Driving up with a beer in his hand, smelling of alcohol and entered the same building that was shot up and made a drug transaction. He must of been "helping a friend in need again"
Now to the decent, honest, law abiding citizens of this city, is this who you want respresenting our city? But as some of you Krinos spinners have said "Everyone does it, smoke a little grass, snort a little cocaine, drink and drive. No Problem everyone does it"
Its time to grow up! Do the right thing for this city and throw this mayor out and bring back the campbell pride!
As one blogger says "Keep drinking the kool-aid" I think its hammertime!
I hope all you go to wednesday nights meeting and demand that something be done with him!

77Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

Mrblue just to let you know the idea for the levy was not council's idea it was krinos. At a brainstorming meeting the council and the mayor where all at the table going over ideas to save money and come up with a plan for the state commison. Council came up with a whole bunch of ideas say a plan A and a plan B and the for an emergency Plan C all krinos came up with was Put a levy on and the renters thing and then they took some ideas from krinos and some of councils plans and put them into one.

78Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

79Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

80Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

Sorry dont Know why it posted that 3 times

81Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

I know I talk with a lot of people in the city of campbell. And I haven't talked with one person yet that said they are going to vote for it.

82Valleys_Voice(149 comments)posted 4 years ago

OVER THE LIMIT, UNDER ARREST. This should be applied to everyone, mayor or bum. If he's not charged with DUI then our system is completely corrupt.

83theword(342 comments)posted 4 years ago

Wonder if LOL tried to pull some strings to get his boy a reduced charge?

84L0L(660 comments)posted 4 years ago

I dont know sherman did I? If I was who you thought I was he wouldnt even of gotten it cause I wouldve went there to pick him up. Guess that shoots your theory of who I am in your foot huh?

85Billybob21(96 comments)posted 4 years ago

OO God dont tell him to get another lawyer. Because then the city's will have to spend more money. He charges the city for lawyer fees and court costs for all his law suits that he is filing. He has more lawyers then oj simpson had.

86theword(342 comments)posted 4 years ago

Yea and probably more JUICE than OJ!

87leftyompton4life(79 comments)posted 4 years ago

How about he makes another false claim against Angenettas

88flyby(1 comment)posted 4 years ago

I'm reading the comments and have come up with two thoughts:
1. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Complaining, griping, whining, or making fun of a situation does not help the city. If you don't like it, run for office and make it better. Put up or shut it. It is as simple as that.
2. The ones who seem to be making personal attacks several times to posts to this thread need to realize that the city will never become better if you don't grow up. I have seen the city decay when the mill went. The rest is because people, like you, refused to support the city. You may point a finger at a person, but three others are pointed at you. Think about it.

89joe1616(52 comments)posted 4 years ago

Billybob,

The city does not pay for his lawyers when it involves a personal matter.

90bouyantkym(30 comments)posted 4 years ago

first of all, this mayor needs to be treated as anyone else would who gets a dui. make him go to the classes, the counseling, do some community service. give him a fine.do not give his license back for at least 6 months.let him see how it really is, yes he is human, but he is no better than anyone else.just thank god, he didn't hurt anyone. make him pay. and if he don't make his payments on time, throw his butt in jail, like everyone else. and in the mean time, have a town council meeting, and a vote on whether to keep him in office. the towns people have every right to vote him out!