Police standoff with machete-weilding man in Austintown

Published: Fri, August 6, 2010 @ 9:42 p.m.

AUSTINTOWN

Two men were hospitalized Friday night after a police standoff with a machete-wielding man at 5050 Kirk Road.

Police responded around 7 p.m. to the house, which is just east of state Route 11.

Lt. Emil Grahovac, the officer in charge of the scene, did not return a call Friday seeking information on how seriously the men were hurt.

On Dec. 30, 2009, police were called to the same address for a 31-year-old man who held police at bay for an hour after telling them he was armed inside the home.

Comments

1bratwoman(24 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

"WEILDING"??

Really, Vindy, is this the best you can do? I volunteer my considerable skills in editing, and I am QUITE sure that I don't stand alone in saying that I am tired of seeing spelling and grammatical errors in your articles!

2MFC997(255 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Recovery Summer in Youngstown Ohio ... I love it ... God help me I do love it so .........................

3joly1584(24 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

The spelling is wrong in the headline. I agree the Vindy needs some new spelling and grammar checkers. Or are they part of the dumbing down trend?

4atownreader(34 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

I agree. I have spotted many errors in Vindy. Who writes and edits?

5VINDYAK(1821 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Possibly, the ediitng is done in El Salvador.

6justonevoice(94 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

We can only hope Stan will be up soon and then will be able to explain to all of us, once again, how possibly the "subculture" has infiltrated the Vindy and all spelling and grammatical errors are the result of not having enough crack to go around. Lol!

7citizen1776(12 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

All together now, "I before E except after C".

8Lifes2Short(3879 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Hard to believe but no one is perfect, mistakes do happen. There are more things to criticize then spelling and grammar like the two fools in this article. Sorry low life idiots.

Services

© 2015 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.