Equality for all is urged

Published: Thu, April 22, 2010 @ 12:00 a.m.

Equality for all is urged

While we certainly appreciate the cause of men coming together to better themselves in who they are and how they act, the Mahoning Valley Pride Center, an organization and location dedicated to giving all in our gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community a safe place to meet and have activities, prays that the May 8 Rally in the Valley does not adopt all of the tenants of the Promise Keepers. We deeply disagree and are offended that they support and encourage Exodus, an organization that says homosexuality is not born in us and that we can be “deprogrammed” or “pray away” our sexual orientation.

We pray that our welcoming churches in the Mahoning Valley attend this rally and give witness that God welcomes homosexuals as much as any other man, woman or child, because we are any other man, woman or child. We appreciate the Unitarian Church of Youngstown, First Federated Church in North Jackson, All Saints Community Church in Cortland, and Unity Church Centre in Girard for having welcoming congregations that realize that being gay does not mean you cannot have a relationship with God.

Religion has been used to persecute people for too long, to let it be part of today’s culture of rallying together to become stronger and better people. We pray that in this rally to become more accountable for men’s actions and words, that acceptance is also preached to love one another as Jesus has loved them.

We pray that we can count on the Men in this Valley to break with Promise Keepers involvement with Exodus Ministries and make a stand that we are all equal in God’s eyes already. No person’s sin, if you believe homosexuality is one, is greater than anyone else’s, and homosexuality should not be condemned by any church or religious organization.

Terry Esarco, Youngstown

Comments

1boardmanneedschange(364 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

Maybe if everyone just kept what goes on behind closed doors behind closed doors and not in the public eye, this wouldn't be such an issue. I have never once answered the question "are you gay or straight?" nor have I ever told anyone if I am gay or straight. I personally don't think it is anyone's business but mine and my counterpart.

When it comes to spousal benefits, just give it to them. When they say they want to be married just let them get freakin married. I would think that people are entitled to their opinion about whether being gay or straight is right or wrong, and they should be able to hire or not hire someone if they are against it or not. However I also like to think that some straight guy can get hired or not hired because he has a family or not. A guy without a family might have a different work ethic than a single guy. It's not up to me to make that decision unless I'm the one doing the hiring. I have personally seen a person not get hired because of the type of shoes he wore to an interview. Maybe he should open a Yellow Sneaker Pride Center. Or maybe a Church of the Yellow Sneaker.

Get over yourselves people. the less you let anyone know about your personal life in the business world the more opt you are to getting some ACTUAL WORK DONE. Gay or straight, yellow or blue, married or not married. Someone else is always going to make a decision about your rights in the business world. thats business. If they don't like you then they will find a way to get rid of you in the workplace. And it will be legal.

The gay/straight rights issue is becoming as absurd to me as the black/white issue is. If you want to open a center where you can congregate because of your homosexuality(your pride center), don't get pissed when someone opens a center where they can congregate because of their heterosexuality(promise keepers). Then you are infringing on their rights.

If you want to open a National Association for the Advancement of Colored People(naacp), don't get pissed when someone opens a National Organization for the Advancement of White People(kkk).

Just silently know that both sides of such an argument are making fools of themselves to someone out there and be happy that you personally can support whomever you want without being an absolute moron.

Get over yourselves. I think we should be ready to grow up now and realize its always going to be an us and them world, and the more we bitch about our personal preferences in public the more people are going to argue with us. Just adapt and deal with it. Put on your big boy/girl pants and take on an issue with a solution, something that is good for the whole lot of us, not just one particular sect.

2howardinyoungstown(591 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

USA1 you are becoming tedious and irrelevant. You make a claim that there are stats that back up your position, yet you provide no link or references of such stats from a credible (medical, scientific, university) source.

Some might think you are just a raving lunatic, yet I prefer to think you are just misinformed.

The offer to meet with you in public still stands, I sent you my personal email to contact me or you can send me a message through Vindy.com

3northsideperson(361 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

There's an internet phrase one uses to respond to claims like USA1: "Link or ST*U"

(I can't insert the "F" into that phrase, but you can see where it goes).

4NilesOhio(641 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

"We pray that our welcoming churches in the Mahoning Valley attend this rally and give witness that God welcomes homosexuals as much as any other man"

Churches that welcome homosexuality are not teaching from God's written word, plain and simple. People will twist things to suit themselves, but the Bible is very clear about God's view of homosexuality.

Here are some very pointed passages in the Bible:
The entire account of Sodom and Gomorrah was due to homosexuality.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 shows that homosexuality is condemned, but that behavior can be ceased to gain God's approval.
Romans 1:24-27
1 Timothy 1:9-11
Jude 7

Just because society tolerates behavior doesn't mean that God does. He doesn't live by our rules - we live by His.

5cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

NilesOhio....The Bible was written by men. It's there words. It's their slant. Just read the posts from the USEless1 and you can see the extremes some people have in their views and their grasp (or lack of) of reality.

6NilesOhio(641 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

cambridge - It was indeed penned by men, but the entire Bible was written under God's inspiration and guidance. 2 Peter 1:20, 21.

I will agree that some people take what is said to extremes, but glossing over things that are explicitly forbidden in the Bible is just as bad.

7TB(1167 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

hmmmm...interesting. so NilesOhio you follow every word in the Bible?

8northsideperson(361 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

Niles:

I assume, then, that you don't eat bacon cheeseburgers or shellfish, that you don't work on Saturdays (or Sundays, if you prefer), and you don't wear wool-cotton blends.

But you say "That doesn't apply to me!" - If you're going to haul out Leviticus, it's an all-or-nothing deal for Gentiles - you can't pick-and-choose which parts. My reading is that Leviticus does not apply to Gentiles.

Interesting enough, neither Jesus nor Ezekiel cited "homosexuality" (a term that did not exist at the translation of the KJV) as the reason for its destruction. And if that was really the issue, why did Lot offer his daughters to them?

9NilesOhio(641 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

TB - To the best of my ability, yes. Are you implying that since it's impossible for a person to follow everything perfectly that it's OK that they follow nothing?

northsideperson - The commands in Leviticus, also often referred to collectively as the Mosaic Law, ended when Jesus sacrificed his life. Ephesians 2:15. That doesn't mean that there aren't very powerful principles in the Old Testament that should be ignored. And all of the same-sex references I mentioned earlier were from the New Testament.

10TB(1167 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

I'm implying that perhaps you shouldn't be casting judgment since you are fallible.

I wonder if Jesus were around...would he be condemning homosexuals? In all the readings of the New Testament, I only really noticed a strong dislike for one group of folks in all of his teachings.

They weren't homosexuals.

11howardinyoungstown(591 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

I think USA1 will be upset when he realizes that Jesus Christ was a socialist. All you have to do is look at the passages that are direct accounts of his actions.

Feeding the poor, Tending the sick, disrupting the money lenders. Sounds socialist to me.

And as for homosexuality in the Bible we have to remember that the version we now read has been translated and modified many times to fit the political and financial needs of the Catholic Church, including the later passages that condemn homosexuality, they wanted all of the single men to become one with God by joining the church.

12mvpridecenter(13 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

We appreciate all the commentary, I hope the point was not lost. The Rally in the Valley are looking to strengthen the relationships and accountability of men, that is always a good thing. If a strong relationship with your God makes you a stronger person, great. We know that God loves us as much as any other and we were made this way, our path was never chosen. The only thing we can choose is whether to accept ourselves, and that is something many in our GLBT community struggle with daily.

USA1 has 1433 comments, about 1400 of them are negative about everyone. If that is how he has chosen to live his life, all the patience and understanding in the world will not change his mind. He knows nothing of AIDS, especially that it is currently hitting black females at a worse rate than it ever did the homosexual community.

13knucles518(39 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

I also pray that May 8th runs smoothly. As for those who are questioning the issue of God and Gay. Please take a moment and follow the link below. You will find that the most common writer of the bible King James was Gay or at least Bi-Sexual.

14NilesOhio(641 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

TB - I wasn't "casting judgment." I was stating the Biblical stand on homosexuality - from the Bible.

You are correct - Jesus never reiterated his Father's commands except for two based on love. That doesn't mean that he didn't find his Father's laws to be overly strict or unnecessary. He came to earth for a specific purpose, and that wasn't to make sure everyone was living by the Law. He had a very limited time to fulfill his Father's will while he was on earth.

However, after returning to heaven, Jesus himself picked Paul to be his apostle. Paul was thereby inspired to say more than a couple of times that homosexuality is a behavior that God will not accept.

It's also very noteworthy how he started off 1 Corinthians 6:9. He said "Do not be misled" or "Do not be fooled", depending on your translation.

15mvpridecenter(13 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

USA1 you are a nutjob, while it's true the first reported case of AIDS in the US was by a gay man and he was patient zero here, he contracted it overseas, and when you trace it back in Europe, there is no proof of it being started by someone gay.

Yes it was very predominant in our community and I dare you to find a fact saying that anyone in our community gave it to a child on purpose to get a reaction. That's ignorant and libelous, find any factual data that proves that.

By the way, if we didnt demand and fight for research, the world would be a lot worse off today for it. Our community was also the first one to react to the crisis and that is why it is now transmitted less in the gay community than the straight community. Either way it doesn't matter, it's a disease and not a punishment for a lifestyle and shouldn't be wished on anyone.

16mvpridecenter(13 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

NilesOhio...you speak well of what you were taught, but there is more to be learned about the bible and interpretations. I think you might find the following links informative for you. We will start with Sodom and Gomorrah, since that is the most widely used and most misunderstood and warped by christians trying to condemn others. The real reason of destruction for S & G was Pride and the Inhospitability of the people there.

1 Timothy doesn't need to be refuted, it is taken out of context and does not portend to homosexuality.

Jude 7 does not need to be refuted either because you are basing it on your interpretation of Sodom and Gomorrah.

17mvpridecenter(13 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

USA1 I can trust my lover to be truthful as much as you can trust your lover or your wife for being faithful to you and not sleeping around and giving you AIDS and other STD's. Again, OUR community stemmed the rise of AIDS more than any others and it is now on the rise in the community again, but still not where it is rising the most. I get tested twice a year, do you? Unfortunately you must not have heard about a continent called Africa where there is the largest AIDS pandemic in the world, and guess what, it's in the hetero community there.

Why do you have to equate gay people with sex? Are you that pre-occupied with it. We aren't. We are students, doctors, lawyers, entertainers, grandparents, and everyday citizens. Do you really have nothing better to do than police another persons bedroom? Such a sad and miserable life you must lead.

18mvpridecenter(13 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

My last response to you USA1 but because people like you cannot be reasoned with and actually have no reason. If you can't think of any pandemic besides AIDS that was primarily in the heterosexual community, I suggest you ask the CDC for help. They have many plagues and pandemics they will share with you. Being gay is not about AIDS. It is a horrible disease that did at one time devistate the gay community, but it has proved to be an equal opportunity disease. I might point out to you that Lesbians, who also happen to be gay, have the least number of reported AIDS cases compared to any other group including hetero's. Our beloved sisters the lesbians will be here with you a long time to come, even if your utter inane comment of AIDS taking out the gay men came true, Gay is here to stay. The gay community does not define ourselves by a disease, I would appreciate if you wouldn't either.

You say you don't want to be politically correct, but all you want to do is espouse talking points that are vastly ridiculous and mostly out-dated. Of course we can't procreate, God put us on earth to take care of all the kids the hetero's don't want, (when we are allowed.) If it were up to us we would want to end the population?? That's ludicrous. We are happy being about 10% of the population. If it weren't for you hetero's having gay babies, we would cease to exist. ACT UP has not been active for decades, and was a very effective group to bring attention to a disease that was vastly ignored by our government. Believe it or not, AIDS research is being asked for every year by lots of organizations, most of them representing hetero's. Of course we still rally for funding, but again, the disease is no longer known as just a gay disease, only in your mind.

Finally, as far as being tested. I do it because I am single and not in a relationship at the moment, and I never am more anxious than any single person should be today. I practice safe sex, and I do not worry. If you are in a committed relationship, you should not have to have more than 1 AIDS test. If you are single USA1, you are the one being foolish not getting tested regularly. It's not yourself you are testing for, it's for the people you have been with. Good luck to you, I hope you find more people to argue with this weekend, you seem to enjoy it so.

19mvpridecenter(13 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

The first was an "analogy" the second was fact. I wouldn't expect someone of your deep seated knowledge to know the difference, it's okay.

I am too easy to get drawn back into this, but your comments are just so ignorant that I can't help myself. There are less gays today and not staying as long? Are you serious? The gay population is growing, we are coming out earlier instead of being in the closet and afraid of homophobes like you, and those that have contracted AIDS, just as our straight counterparts are living longer than ever with new medical advancements. Sorry about your luck.

20howardinyoungstown(591 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

USA1 you keep invoking this god of yours, I am not a Christian... Of any flavor of the month or variety. Therefore your god and his rules true or imaginary DO NOT APPLY TO ME! as for your other points, you need to broaden your sources of information stop thinking locally and blindly following the Fox News rhetoric. READ! some other sources try the LA Times, NY Times, BBC News. Yes you should even read a liberal news source and compare it with what you get from the right wing news, digest the information and come up with the truth that is always somewhere between the extremes.

You still have some confusion over socialism (an economic policy) and Communism (a totalitarian political system that just happened to START with a socialist economic principal). If you think President Obama is nationalizing businesses then stop being a wussy and call him a Communist, I have a different opinion of him and prefer to call him a Capitalist Lap Dog. Hmmm... Interesting you are on the far right, I am on the far left and we both see the same President as being part of the opposite extreme; it seems the TRUTH must lie somewhere in the MIDDLE!

21Tigerlily(472 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

I would like the parts of the New Testament that people here are referring to documented. Which chapters and verses are they again which state in the New Testament that homosexuality is a sin? Because I'm a Biblical scholar and to my knowledge Jesus NEVER brought the issue up. He did, however, break with the Mosaic Laws, which he considered highly outdated primitive laws from a society that had clearly advanced beyond the need for such laws at the point when he broke with them. I've read the Bible both in translation as well as in much of the original Greek. No, there is nowhere that Jesus states his feelings about homosexuality itself, though he does do away with Old Testament laws, of which the warnings against many issues--the shellfish, for instance--were done away with.

22TB(1167 comments)posted 3 years, 12 months ago

Apparently Paul iterated it for Jesus. Or something. I need to do some reading I guess.

23NilesOhio(641 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Tigerlily - Jesus never broke the Mosaic Law. He did conflict with the extremes that the religious leaders added to the law by their traditions that made it a burden for the people to try to comply with. Jesus explained that in Matthew 23.

That is unless you consider pulling some grain off a stalk while you are walking through a field "harvesting." Is healing a man on the Sabbath considered work?

24howardinyoungstown(591 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

So USA1 here's a conundrum for you; which country has the highest GDP per person in the world? Do you know that they provide, free medical care, free education k-12 and university including attending in other countries, paid retirement plans, and great public works projects, and the government owns the largest industry. That sounds very socialist too me.

ok, now you have 2 hours to come up with the answer.

25TB(1167 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Darn luxembourg and its successes! Why should we model ourselves at all after a country with a great standard of living and a healthy and prosperous citizenry?

Things are going swimmingly here in the ol' USA as they currently stand.

26boardmanneedschange(364 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Both sides of the argument on this page are laughable. Who brought up Luxembourg? That's some funny stuff. You know of course they only have like 500,000 people living there right? There are more people in Milwaukee Wisconsin than there are in their whole country!

I have news for you folks, on both sides. Just because the Vindicator gives you a forum to bicker and banter back and forth on what you may call an issue, doesn't mean you are even close to making any type of difference on the matter. The only one who made a comment here that is of any worth is the writer of the actual letter, because he is not afraid to give his name. You anonymous losers make me sick. I'd like to see you spout your trash in front an actual group of people, if you have the balls to. I highly doubt any of you would speak this way in public. Take your opinions and shove them, all of you. Nobody cares what you think except those who agree with you.

Cheers to Mr Esarco for having a public opinion, whether it is one I agree with or not.

LIVE AND LET LIVE!

27howardinyoungstown(591 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

USA1 while Luxembourg is an interesting place to discuss and it seems to be a liberal paradise with easy access to some of the best beer, wine, & food in the world, I was referring to Kuwait.

Yes, it is also a tiny country but the ruling family owns all of the oil rights, sells them to the highest bidder, and then invests 60% of the profits into public works projects and their welfare state. Effectively it is a Socialist Monarchy and a very successful one at that, yes it is blessed with vast oil reserves (10% of world reserves are in Kuwait). But, the ruling family could easily have chosen to keep all the wealth for themselves (the Capitalist way), instead they chose to do what is right for their country in the long run, improve their standard of living, educate all of their citizens, because they understand that the oil will not last forever. The government of Kuwait could easily have raped their countries wealth for themselves much like Saddam Hussein(former puppet dictator and capitalist pig trained and backed by good old USA) did when the Iraqi army invaded Kuwait.

So riddle me this one USA1, why is the most secular, freest, healthiest and most educated country in the Islamic world both a Socialist Monarchy and a staunch ally of the United States?

28rmzrez(114 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

To boradmanneedschange I like what you say
BUT remember you are talking to some crazy people here . It would not be a good idea to give names you could get shot by some of these crazies .

29Tomcat(202 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Oh man, I'm glad I didn't get started on this subject......been there, done that, awhile back. God does not condone homosexuality. Period !! and I won't say anymore...

30ojanet22(132 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Who cares about all the aforementioned crap? Jesus preaches"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". The Golden Rule, remember? Let he (or she) who is without sin cast the first stone. Stop judging people you don't even know. Jesus ministered to the people who needed him the most. This includes EVERYBODY!

31TB(1167 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

hang on oj...apparently these people are qualified to make those judgments...because...well..I don't really know

32howardinyoungstown(591 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

USA1 apparently you are not very familiar with Kuwait, it was and still is one of the most liberal countries in the middle east, And all of the programs I mentioned were started in the 1960's long before Saddam invaded. Maybe you should do a little research.

BTW when will you meet with me in public, you have my contact info, I'm still waiting. I will meet you at any locally owned restaurant and I'll buy your coffee or tea.

33walter_sobchak(1750 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Ojanet,
When Jesus told the crowd "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone", he knew that the crowd contained the very men who had laid down with the women, also engaging in the sin. Their own guilt would not allow them to stone the woman. Jesus then said, "As the crowd did not condemn you, nor will I. " But, then he added "Now, go and sin no more". Oops, guess you forgot that conditional part to the forgiveness. So, if someone is an avowed homosexual, to me, they could never repent for their sin unless they truly turn away from their sinful ways. And, this is most definitely a sin and is wrong!

34k3j9c(10 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

@knucles518...you should have read the wikipedia a little closer...
King James did not write the Bible...The King James Version ("KJV") of the Bible was dedicated to him, being published in 1611 as a result of the Hampton Court Conference which he had convened to resolve issues with translations then being used.
read this one instead and find out exactly who translated the Bible that is still in use today...

35Elray(2 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Trying to regulate morality always causes devisiveness. It should be a states issue plain and simple. Every state should vote on it and if it fails you can't bring it up again for 10 years. Move to a state where you can be openly gay with all the rights you want to have.

Everyone wants to interpret what the Church says and try to bully and intimidate the Church into agreeing with them.

When the people spoke in California the "peaceful" gay community went on the offensive and will never stop until they get what they want. Oh but don't talk about HIV or you are a hater.
You dislike the church and what it stands for, Christians are shunned and insulted every day and in every way in this country so let's try something different
How does Islam deal with it? lol

36mvpridecenter(13 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Elray, I have never seen a church bullied into anything, and quite frankly, it is usually the other way around with the church bullying into other peoples matters.

Equality is not a "state" issue, it's a human issue, where under the constitution we are supposed to ALL be afforded the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Not what you or a church says is happiness. Wanting to love someone is not infringing on your happiness, but not being able to love someone IS infringing on mine.

You are right that we will never stop until we not only what we want, but what we deserve, equal protection and inclusion under the law. Do you understand that there are 1,136 rights that married couples are granted that I cannot get. That is discrimination clear and simple. Marriage is a ceremony, and a fairly recent one at that, the straight community never had a monopoly on it, accept in their minds.

37ManOfSteel(16 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

USA1...maybe your screenname should be NSA (Nazi States of America)....do you have any idea what "natural" is? If heterosexuality were the only "natural" lifestyle, why is there a discrepancy between the global ratio of men and women (offhand, I think it's somewhere around 51.5/48.5); after all, the only sound non-religious argument for exclusive heterosexuality has reproduction as its focus. Furthermore, if homosexuality were unnatural, why is it not universally censured, like incest, bestiality, or homicide? Until you get the slightest idea of what "natural" is, kindly refrain from making perjorative remarks en masse. You really are an embarrassment to the human race, and judging by your screenname, to the USA as well

38walter_sobchak(1750 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

ManOfSteel:
God always forgives, man sometimes forgives, but nature never forgives!

39ANTIYOUNGSTOWN(226 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Isn`t the definition of natural, being in accordance with nature? Are there gay animals?

Homosexuality isn`t natural. Can a homosexual couple procreate? Would the human race continue if everyone were homosexual?

So how is it natural?

40k3j9c(10 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

@ManOfSteel...
Sodomy (pronounced /ˈsɒdəmi/) is a term used in the law to describe the act of "UNNATURAL" sex...
and back when jefferson was president punishable by death in the state of virginia and castration in all others...
its only been recently jammed down our throats, that we as NORMAL BREEDERS, have to cater to your whinnings and temper tantrums...
so if you want to parade around with your partner, expect some disagreement by us BREEDERS...

41ManOfSteel(16 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

To clear the obfuscation (or perhaps raise some more):

As a Christian, I deem homosexuality immoral; however, I allow it as "natural" much as other human deviancies are not natural. Aristotle, the authority on natural law, claimed that usury is not natural, and yet no one that I know of condemns interest as such.
Now for correcting the lunatics:

1. yes, the human race can and would reproduce (but not procreate) without heterosexuality (think IVF, Brave New World, etc.)
2. Sodomy does not refer exclusively to homosexual acts
3. The zeitgeist of the country, and the laws on the books, can be wrong.....just 50 years ago, a white person could not marry a black, contraceptives were banned even from married couples--- need I go on?
4. My choice of a screenname has nothing to do with a tyrant who slaughtered tens of millions....my beliefs are like steel, so don't waste time trying to alter them
5. The whole homosexuality debate, like the one on "illegal" immigration, comes down to money.....if you right-wingers who vilify government handouts would be consistent and oppose them for married couples as well, there probably would be no debate here at all. Beyond those benefits, what interest does the government have in protecting heterosexuality? THERE ARE NONE, EXCEPT BUYING THE RIGHT-WING VOTE

42Jake(112 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

How about we all move beyond this ancient, superstitious nonsense called "religion" and stop using an imaginary "God" based on a flawed, contradictory and downright ridiculous book called the Bible, to divide us? That goes for the other "religions" and their imaginary gods based on silly texts.

The stone age ended a long time ago folks, and you're not going to live forever in paradise with God, Allah or anyone else.

Death is part of life. Grow up and accept it.

43ANTIYOUNGSTOWN(226 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

You`re going to base your argument on a book of fiction? Really?

And IVF?

Where would your argument go if this conversation was happening say a hundred years ago when there was no technology to use IVF?

44howardinyoungstown(591 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Another anti-gay, pro Exodus crazy gets caught with his hand in the naughty spot.

45NilesOhio(641 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Jake - It's that type of viewpoint that has sunk humanity to the levels it is currently at, and it will only get worse. You can call your way of thinking "enlightenment" if it makes you feel better.

That "ridiculous book called the Bible" is the best book you can ever read. You actually have to take the effort to read it, which I'm doubtful that you've done.

But you go on believing what you want. You'll be invited to a war that you won't believe, and you'll be on the wrong side of the battle line.

46howardinyoungstown(591 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Here is another take on Mr. Rekers

47cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodeit'sHandy.....You really need to get a life.

48cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodle.....Somebody's cranky. Maybe you just need a nap. You seem to spend a lot of time on pedophile web sites. It must be exhausting looking for that crap all day long. You should really try finding a more wholesome hobby. :-)

49cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodle.....So besides being a moral authority you also slap chowderheads like me around huh. What exactly is it that has you thinking your a tuff guy. Is it the booze or is hiding behind that keyboard or a combination of both?

50cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodle.....Now I get it. It's not the booze or the safety of the keyboard that makes you a tuff guy, it's your guns. What ever crutch you need to convince yourself your a real man. You haven't convinced me yet.

51walter_sobchak(1750 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankeeDoodleDandy,
WOW! Conviction! But, remember, the Bill of Rights grant no rights to a citizen. Rights are God-given. The Bill of Rights are a Constitutional limitation on the central govt to infringe on these rights. It is the unelected, despotic courts that take the rights away from the citizens!

It is interesting that you believe Cambridge is a man. From the posts that I read, I truly thought it was a woman. We will meet halfway; a girly-man!

DON'T LOSE YOUR PASSION!

52cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

walter....lol that's both typical and weak. In your world anyone who thinks all people should have the same human rights must be a "girly-man".

The really funny part is how you and your little friends seem to be obsessed with the sexual part of the gay life style. I'm pretty sure it's you folks that have some deep issues that your struggling with.

A normal person doesn't spend a second of their life thinking what gays or anyone else does in their sex life. Do you all sit around talking about it while your loading ammo or cutting eye holes in those pillow cases.

It seems time and time again you see these Republican politicians and teabagger types that have such "PASSION" in denying human rights to others that turn out to be closet gays.

I'm as straight as it gets but if you ever come to terms with your true self I'll support your rights for "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" just like I do theirs.

53onthetown(252 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Funny how "conservatives" are always the ones who end up feeling butthurt over gay sex.

54cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

USEless1....Thanks for bringing up the 9/12/09 teabagger jubilee in DC again. It gives me a chance to post another link that proves you lie about how many teabaggers showed up that day. The link below is from the Fix Noise Network and it says less than 100,000. It's them saying it not me If you have a problem with that, take it up with them.

I know you keep saying 2.1 million teabaggers that day but you always fail to provide a link that would prove your not a liar. How about you providing just one link from a reliable news agency that says more than 100,000 teabaggers that day. That should be easy enough, unless you just made it up, right?

As far as your claim of six thugs beating up a 130 pound conservative, you never explain how after this vicious beating this guy is calmly walking around talking to people and doesn't have a scratch on him. The video below shows the incident and all I see is some people stumbling around trying to not step on each other.

55cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

USEless1....I must have posted at least 20 links from at least a half dozen reliable news organizations that report less than 100,000 teabaggers in DC on 9/12/09.

You on the other hand have posted exactly 0 links that backup your claim of 2.1 million teabaggers that day. In fact you have posted exactly 0 links that say there were at least 100,000. I'm asking you, why is that?

Why aren't your fans helping you out? I know all the other cambridge haters on this board would love to prove that your not a liar. Henry, why don't they post that link that proves you don't lie over and over again no matter how many times I post links that prove you do?

Ask them for some help Henry. Darrell would be a good place to start. He likes to post links. By my count he has posted 45 links on this thread alone. It shouldn't be very hard for him to help you out and post just one link from a reliable news organization that backs up your teabagger count that day. Unless you just made it up, right?

56walter_sobchak(1750 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Cambridge,
I guess its just your women's intuition that lead yoo into believing that I have issues to deal with. I don't care if two men or two women live together. Its their own souls that they are condemning. Okay? I'll go one step further. I don't care if two men are in a loving, caring relationship and become confused architects (prefer to use exits as entrances) in a sexual way. But, I don't have to accept it as normal! It is abnormal, perverted, and, when you get down to it, pretty disgusting. I believe it does nothing to move society forward. I also believe this about child abuse, sexual abuse, elder abuse, euthanasia, illegal drug use, alcoholism, crime, neglect.

Marriage has been defined by society as a legal bond between a man and a woman with the express purpose of building a family. I also don't have to accept the fact that the GLBT wants to indoctrinate our children to their lifestyle. Many of the gay people I know (and i know many, including family members) are recruiters!

But, I admire YankeeDoodleDandy's passion for not sitting back and taking it anymore. It is time for the good people of America to stand up and be heard about where this country is headed for some things are right and some things are wrong. Some issues are black and white not ten shades of gray like the relativism liberals want us to believe.

BTW, the only gun I own is my shotgun for hunting, the KKK would never accept me b/c I am Roman Catholic, and I am a conservative democrat! But, let me ask you this: If the TEA Party was made up of black Americans or latino Americans, would they still be racist bigots? Or is it only b/c the TEA partiers are angry white people?

57cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

walter....George Rekers is the perfect example of people like you who spout your rhetoric about anyone who's life differs from your own. Can you explain why so many that preach the way you do are actually closet homosexuals?

58cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodle....You asked: "do you call us teabaggers, is it because you dream of having the narbles of religious clinging gun toting patriot on your face?"

The answer to that would be no. Taint my style. But you and your friends knock yourself out. I call you teabaggers because that's what you are. Just ask the USEless1. He constantly proclaims that he's proud to be called a teabagger. Well I'm proud to call him one.

Again I have to point out how occupied you are with things like people that "shove gerbils in their can". That is exactly why I say that you and the rest of your teabagger friends have issues. You dwell on the sickest crap.

Read your posts and look at how many times you talk about that kind of stuff. It's not other people, it's you Darrell. Your the one who has that on your mind, in your posts and I'm sure in your life.

59cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodle.....Like I told the USEless1, Just one report from one reliable news agency that backs up that claim of 2.1 million teabaggers in DC on 9/12/09.

Every report I see says less than 100,000. But if there were really 2.1 million teabaggers that day it shouldn't be hard to post that link, unless you just made it up, right.

60Stan(9923 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

Mahoning Valley Pride Center ?

There is no pride in homosexuality as it is a curse upon mankind !

61cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodle.....I'm sure you have never seen so many people in your life. It's probably hard to draw much of a crowd in a trailer park.

So far you and the USEless1 are the only ones who say 2.1 million teabaggers were in DC on 9/12/09. The only problem with that is that neither one of you will post even one link from one reliable news agency that will back up that delusion.

Look, I'll show you how easy it is. Here is a link from ABC News that reports 60 to 70 thousand.

62cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

USEless1....You didn't post a link, there's nothing to click on. I've been waiting for you to post a link from a reliable news organization since Sept. 13, 2009.

I'll show you how easy it is. I already posted links on this thread from the Fix News Network and ABC News that say less than 100,000. Here is one from USA TODAY.

63cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

USEless1....You are truly an idiot. There is absolutely no link to click on. Nothing nada.

Have YankYourNoodle tell you how to do it. He certainly knows how to post a link. They may not be relevant and they may not be reports from reliable news agencies but at least he knows how.

I have to go and broil some lobster so I'll leave you and your little friend 2 teabag the night away.

64Nunya(1356 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

@YankeeDoodleDandy

You Blasphemous buffoon,..

What's clear here is you're a real hate filled nut case. Who's wasting your own existence and find central reasoning as unjustifiably trying to impose upon others lives and even proclaim to be a Christian,.. surely the audacity of an abominable beast.

Where in my differing so greatly from you and regardless to my not being gay, a woman, a child nor an animal. I yet have and embrace the understanding, civility, purity of spirit, decency of decorum and respect for the creation and existence of all non infringing mankind.

That prompts my aligning with a manner, doctrine and conduct. Of not hating nor promoting any harassing, attacking, demeaning, offending nor lying on anyone for their consensual and personal sexualities.

For which that sensibility, rationality and civility extends to not finding gender, race nor faith as a means for one to neither form, foster, foment nor fabricate a hate nor dislike for another being.

In that extreme difference it you whom bear and present the presence as an abominable fool of multi dysfunctional demonic diseases. Of such mass and self induced afflictions and vexations.

That neither love, faith, the truth, tranquility, respect nor good sense. Will never dwell within you nor be compatible with your wretched soul.

Where in your sacrilege of self sufferance you seethe in your manners of sorcery. As to try to transmit your wish to deprive such a healthier presence of harmonious and or even operable coexistence. Among others whom recognize your worthlessness and rebukes you,.. and THAT'S what frustrates you so.

See I'd ask whats with you. But there's no need because my creator has provided me the vision and wisdom.

To not just know but even be able to avert you being a mystery to anyone else. For which surely you of such demonic dishevelment deplorably despise any receipt or sharing of such a gift,.. and Hell hath a place for you, you insidious simpleton.

65cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodle....Yah, lobster and it was great. What did a neo con teabagger have? I'm going to guess hot dogs again.

I thought you were going to get some sleep. I'm sure you'll dream of visions of sugar plumbs dancing on your head.

Man, I crack myself up.

66cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

USEless1....Nowhere in your video does a reliable news agency or anyone else say there were more than 100,000 teabaggers in DC on 9/12/09 let alone 2.1 million. In fact your video doesn't give any count at all.

You are a stupid!

67cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

USEless1.....Click on your link and tell me what it says.

Who taught you how to post a link?

68cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodle....I hate to tell this but usbacklash.org is not a reliable news organization. It's a right wing conservative hillbilly web site.

Try something like AP, Fox, ABC, CBS, CNN, Reuters, Washington Post, Youngstown Vindicator, etc. etc.

You know why neither one of you can find a link from real news organizations that say 2 million? It's because they don't exist.

I have to say I do really enjoy the fact that the two of you do such a good job at showing everyone what the organizers and major players in the teabaggers party are all about.

And thanks for the reminder, anyone that votes republican votes the same way the both of you do.

69cambridge(2918 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

YankYourNoodle....I hate to tell you but David Patten doesn't qualify as a reliable news organization either.

Refer to post #145 on this thread for some examples of a real news organization.

A year latter and not one link from any of you teabaggers that back up your delusional claims. Please keep doing what your doing because your showing your true colors and your lack of credibility.

70Nunya(1356 comments)posted 3 years, 11 months ago

SA,..

Here's an observance,..

See governance in a democracy isn't a self serving concept it's an evolving process of balancing for the betterment of all.

So with that being the case and your recognition of the established policies of these United States which has never having been concealed from you.

See with your penchant for inaccurately trumpeting what's unconstitutional it's apparent you're not even aware of that article of governance for which is foreign to you.

Thus given all that as established fact. One has to wonder why don't you just leave and " save " yourself and revel in your difference.

I'm not understanding why anyone would favor your being the epitome of a parasite of any land. That people of such policies that you so vehemently disagree with provides opportunity and defense for.

Is it that you feel you're owed a right to carve out your own little sovereign monarchy in it and we the people are going to allow it.

Or that you feel we the people are somehow subservient to you and you're going to subvert, overwhelm or overthrow us all.

I've asked you before and hence I'll inquire again. Where respecting Switzerland won't have you as a citizen.

Have you ever given compatibility thought and or considered filing for or petitioning for citizenship. In per say China, North Korea, Slovenia, Russia or a province somewhere in the Baltic region.