Ohio inmate: Lethal drugs violate fed prescription drug law

Published: Thu, April 8, 2010 @ 11:00 a.m.

COLUMBUS (AP) — An Ohio inmate scheduled to die April 20 is arguing that the state’s use of lethal injection drugs violates federal prescription drug law.

Death row prisoner Darryl Durr on Wednesday asked U.S. District Judge Michael Watson in Columbus to act quickly to hear Durr’s claim that administering the drugs in executions is illegal.

Durr’s lawsuit, filed Monday, argues the use of the drugs violates the federal Controlled Substances and Food & Drug acts.

Durr says those laws prohibit the use of drugs such as lethal injection chemicals without a doctor’s prescription.

The U.S. Supreme Court rejected a similar argument 25 years ago, but Durr believes he’s raising new issues.

He was sentenced to die for raping and strangling 16-year-old Angel O’Nan in 1988.

Comments

1Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

He's a incredulous and now crying coward,..

Darryl Durr, took the wrong time to posture as a legal eagle after his lawless behavior landed him with a date with his fate.

He needs to know that as a member of lawful society. I'm outraged he's been allowed to continue to live so long after his savage act of self indulgence.

The girl he raped and murdered bore rights and he indefensibly violated them beyond any merit of vindication.

So now if he opposes lethal injection as a means of equitable justice. I say they allow him to chose between being electrocuted, hanged or shot by firing squad.

Be done with that silly savage and I say it be done to hell with him more expeditiously.

As a responsibly sensible and fiscal means to bring an end to his insistence on being an intolerable nuisance,..

2Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

He does have a valid point . Potassium Chloride is not a controlled substance and is much cheaper and very effective . Why waste more money on him ? Use Potassium Chloride and he will have no objections .

3ricnsherri(41 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

45 cal to the head would work too.

4Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

I have reviewed your case and I find overwhelming evidence of your use of a dog chain to kill the sixteen year old girl . Part of the evidence was your admission of doing so . What makes you so special that you deserve to live and she didn't ?

6 April 2010 11:30

5Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

@ricnsherri

A bit of irony here,..

I'm not savage nor brutal but I'm so tired of lawless trash like Darryl Durr. In regards to him I was thinking more along the lines of a 50 Cal at center mass and at relatively close range with his snakish eyes open.

See not even knowing the victim what he did hurts inside just to hear and even try to imagine the hellish terror he put that girl through.

As well as the immeasurable pain he inflicted upon her family, friends and those of us in society that care about others along with self.

Knowing I'm not alone in how I feel about this and not caring even if I were.

But Darryl Durr, needs to know that if the state was to solicit volunteers to exact such a measure on him.

They'd have a multi applicant quandary of who to select from such a groundswell of who'd gladly volunteer to do the public service honors.

I can be called a lot of things and some zealots or those that see things differently will surely use this as fodder to allege I'm off base.

However, no matter what the indifference I absolutely refuse to fit the description of one being or bearing dishonesty.

Which in this case I see Darryl Durr, as a reprehensible being that's been spared too damn long.

For which without hesitation nor remorse I could care less if they tossed him into a pool of sharks, den of bears, pit of gators or any other means.

That they or anyone else could devise to rid society of the allowance of his maniacal mortal existence.

6Nunya(1356 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

As a measure of awareness,..

For those not familiar with this case and find my sentiments rash or abrasive. Hug your child, spouse, parent, or any member of family, friend or neighbor.

Then settle in for trying to endure the drastic details of the individuals derangement.

If the facts don't unnerve you you'll likely never see things as I do,.. http://off2dr.com/modules/extcal/even...

Then ask yourself who's callous, extreme, irrational or heartless.

7woolyd(579 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

Darryl dont be a pussy now