Hearing involving former pastor Dale Giffin indefinitely postponed

Published: Wed, September 23, 2009 @ 5:20 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — A hearing on admissibility of evidence in the case of Dale Giffin, the former pastor of Zion Lutheran Church, who is charged with raping a female former parishioner, was indefinitely postponed without explanation moments before it was to have occurred this afternoon.

“By agreement of parties, this matter is hereby continued,” Judge James C. Evans, of Mahoning County Common Pleas Court, wrote in a judgment entry. Natasha K. Frenchko, the assistant county prosecutor assigned to the case, declined to comment on the matter because it is still pending.

Giffin’s lawyer, J. Gerald Ingram, did not respond to a request for comment. Giffin, 60, of Topaz Circle, Canfield, was indicted in February on six counts of rape covering the years 1993 through 1996, while the accuser was a young adult.

Comments

1JeffLebowski(953 comments)posted 4 years, 12 months ago

/shocked

2epicfail(217 comments)posted 4 years, 12 months ago

The lord moves in mysterious ways.

3Tellthetruth(2 comments)posted 4 years, 12 months ago

So, they didn't really have any evidence did they?? That just proves what I thought...it was a set-up by all those listed in the Sunday Vindi article that are holding a grudge against him.......and they call themselves Christians!!

4truthrus(16 comments)posted 4 years, 12 months ago

Seems Tellthetruth didn't read the entire article.... The truth of the matter is that Dale is still a preditor ..he still had sex with this girl..beginning when she was a minor and as a Pastor of Zion Lutheran Church he crossed the line! Plain and simple. There are 7-8 more victims waitng for their day in court.. I guess if this indictment and evidence is not enough to convict him, they will bring one after another into court until they do get a conviction! I await patiently.

5Tellthetruth(2 comments)posted 4 years, 12 months ago

I read the entire article and unlike you, I know that we can't believe everything printed in the Vindicator or that people say, especially if they have Satan pulling their strings. If you knew all this about this woman, why didn't you do anything about it when it was happening?? You had to have been in on it by the sounds of it....how else would you know "he still had sex with this girl"?? "7-8 more victims" you said.......funny, but I find no other charges registered against him in the files......I think that you are just looking to stir up problems with your lies. Actually I heard that you and your family planned all of this and paid off this woman to come up with these charges to get back at him. How else would you have known about the charges before they were filed? I saw you take money from the offering plates to pay her with too. Thief !!

6truthrus(16 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

OMG!! (Oh, my God!) Whoever Tellthetruth is I hope he/she can get psychological help... "I saw you take money from the offering plates to pay her with??????!!!!" Yikes!!! I assure you that I am not involved with this incredible, sad string of events that have led up to the circus that is playing out before us now! I think Tellthetruth should address his/her comments to those members of council who have somehow managed to look the other way during the many years that Dale has been honing his skills as a preditor...his inner circle of "yes" guys who are still running council and defend their leader to this day! Members like you are the reason why many of the wonderful caring and Christian members of Zion hve left.....all I can say is OMG to your absurd comments!