God-fearing patriots resent being labeled unAmerican

Published: Fri, September 18, 2009 @ 12:00 a.m.

God-fearing patriots resent being labeled unAmerican

EDITOR:

I take great offense at the cartoon by John Cole on Sept. 8’s Page of Opinion featured in The Vindicator. The cartoon implies that Americans who opposed Obama’s speech to the public school system are complete idiots who can’t spell, calling Obama a “soshlist and notzee” and won’t ‘lissen’ because he may indoctrinate our children. Then Obama says in the cartoon, “And this is why it is so important to get a good education” (so you won’t be like those idiots). “We the people” have been labeled unAmerican, extremists, racists, an angry mob and now complete idiots.

I resent Nancy Pelosi’s “unAmerican” label most. She, rather than Joe Wilson, owes America an apology and it would be nice if it came before we ask her to leave office. She is not a permanent fixture.

I just returned from the March on Washington, D.C. I have never been so proud to be an American. The crowd was a mix of children, parents, grandparents and great-grandparents, middle and upper class, God-fearing, Christian, law-abiding (leaving the police with not much to do), patriotic, conservatives and, yes, we’re angry, but we are not a mob. When God Bless America was broadcast by video on huge screens, it brought tears to the eyes of “we the people” who raised our hands toward Heaven thanking God for America. Is that the behavior of a mob? We represented only one-tenth (guesstimate) of those who wanted to be there. If the number of 1.5 million is accurate, 15 million would have been there if they could have.

Why are we angry? Because greed and corruption in Washington are thick enough to cut with a knife. We simply cannot trust them because we have been lied to point blank. The liberal media manipulates the news to an unacceptable extent. Background checks of members of Obama’s cabinet, ACORN and his czars reveal astounding bias, corruption and tax evasion. Obama’s college records are sealed. That alone begs the question — what is he hiding?

He told us the health-care reform bill would not insure illegals. The truth is there is nothing in place to prevent it. Joe Wilson may not have behaved in a professional manner but he told the truth — Obama doesn’t. Until we have a president and Congress that will tell us the truth, the marches will continue — until they listen up or we kiss them goodbye.

DOROTHY YONKER-GRAPPO

Boardman

Wilson was out of line

EDITOR:

The ignorance of Republicans is just appalling. When George Bush was in office, I am quite sure a few Democrats wanted to call him a bald face liar. It is a disgrace against the office of the presidency. Only an ignoramus from South Carolina would do such a thing.

I also believe this has to do with the fact that Obama is black; it is racist.

The congressmen knew what he was doing and waited until the most opportune time to do so. I think he should have been censured at the least. Let’s put a trap on his mouth.

LANCE SMITH

Youngstown

Comments

1cambridge(3027 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Dorothy.....according to every news agency in the United States including Fox News there were less than 100,000 people in DC. Check the link below..

The second link below refers to the part of the bill that shows the exclusion of illegal immigrants from the health care plan.

Vindy, way to go. Print a letter that you know is completely false. You should have just run another story about Traficant. I guess printing something that you know to be false generates more controversy and thus more hits on you site and thus more revenue for your on line rag.

2DoctorGonzo(728 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Fancy Pants Lance has some audacity playing the race card and calling anybody else an ignoramus me thinks.

3AKAFR1(322 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Opposition based on ignorance. They will say anything to support their cause.

4cambridge(3027 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Gonzo....I agree with you. No mater what, any Democrat that was elected President would face the same opposition from the Republicans shown Obama. I don't believe race has anything to do with conservatives opposing everything Obama would like to accomplish. He's a Democrat and that's reason enough for any Republican in Congress.

5Search4Answers(726 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

This nationalized healthcare reminds me a lot of the housing situation. Stupid politicians put the economy on the brink to have more people (5% more of the population) own houses. Now we'll destroy the entire healthcare system for a similiar number of people, just like we did for housing.

6cambridge(3027 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

UnHinged...."Who told you there were lass than 100K there?"

San Francisco Chronicle
ABC News
The Washington Post
CBS News
OpEd News
Comcast.net
Fox News
The Associated Press
USA Today

7cambridge(3027 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

UnHinged....I'm not the one who is saying there were less than 100,000 teabaggers in DC. The news agencies I listed in post seven sure did. I'm just passing on what they reported.

People can choose to believe the count of those news organizations or believe your count. I doubt that you could count your balls and get the same number twice.

8Search4Answers(726 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Does it really matter the exact number? There is no way it was 2.1 Million. I would guess it was north of 100k, it looks a lot bigger than the crowd you would get at a fb game which is about 90k+ people. All they can do is estimate...

9AKAFR1(322 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Where were the protests when the Bush Adminitration passed the socialized prescription drug plan? Not to mention the balloning deficits and national debt. Hypocrites!

10Search4Answers(726 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

AKARF, you raise a good point.... I think people largely ignored things until september of last year when the bottom fell out... then people started to realize how much they are affected by washington... I think for many TARP was the last straw.

11JeffLebowski(953 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Nice letter but I wouldn't have pegged you for a "Dorothy," pro. Wait, yes I would have.

12Search4Answers(726 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

This letter does sound like it was written by Pro or perhaps this is his wife.

13DoctorGonzo(728 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

"When George Bush was in office, I am quite sure a few Democrats wanted to call him a bald face liar."

You gotta watch out for those bald face liars. No eyebrows, no facial hair. They freak me out man.

14JeffLebowski(953 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

No firm denial on the letter being written by Merkin...interesting.

15epicfail(217 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

"I just bash the daylights our of you by exposing all your lies with the truth."

It's the truth because he wrote it anonymously on the internet with nothing to back it up.

16Search4Answers(726 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

No denial still from ProAm that he didn't write this.

17epicfail(217 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

What's your opinion of him search? You're one of the more intelligent conservatives who post?

18CandyfromCanfield(172 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Dorothy's letter is hilarious! Are you sure this wasn't plagiarized from Rush? To quote "“We the people” have been labeled unAmerican, extremists, racists, an angry mob and now complete idiots." Well, gee...if the shoe fits....

19cambridge(3027 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

UnHinged....."The 912 tea party was between 1M-2M"

The Huffington Post says: Liar Liar pants on fire.

20JeffLebowski(953 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Huff Post is no better than a conservative blog though, it is pure entertainment. It would be impossible to capture a definitive number of attendees, that's why people like pro gravitate to stuff like this. If you can't prove a number is true you can't prove it is false.

21cambridge(3027 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Jeff..... the only reason I posted The Huffington Post is because UnHinged keeps bringing them up. I'm just having fun with this moron. I don't care how many people were there either but as you know this guy lies about multiple things in every post and in two minutes you can Google proof of his lie. To me it's entertaining and fun.

If you really want to laugh check out this video of a Cleveland Teabagger, UnHinged's organization. This guy is there to protest taxes and 100% of his income is from the government and the guy pays no taxes. Go figure.

22cambridge(3027 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

UnHinged....I stated that the teabagger in the video is supported 100% by the government because that is what he said. Is the guy in the video you? He never mentioned his name, I guess it could be Dorothy.

23HERBMAC(4 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Yo, Lance my man, were you asleep during the Bush years. If I had a dime for every time a dem called Bush a liar I'd be in the bamster's target tax bracket.

24Kellie(24 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

I agree with Candy that Dorothy's letter sounds like it is a transcript from one of Rush's shows. It was quite funny to read.

25andersonathan(669 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Harry Reid in his book called GWB a liar, a idiot more than once.

Comments from pelosi like were is Lee Harvey when you need him maybe his battery will wear out [dick VP]

8 years of he is not my president. Selected not elected?

Mr. Wilson was right more than once.

The method being used by the left is simple, single out the person, make personal attacks on them, attack their family, accuse them of being racist if need be, and fall back on blaming BUSH

26cambridge(3027 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

andersonathan......"Mr. Wilson was right more than once."

In 1999 as a state Senator he voted against removing the Confederate flag from the Capitol Dome.

Wilson belongs to the "Sons of Confederate Veterans". Two thousand of it's members are white supremacists.

27jrbully(16 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Since when was it a crime in America to say what you think.....God help us if we OFFEND anyone.

28cambridge(3027 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

Dorothy.....The link below is the web site of the "Sons of Confederate Veterans". Watch they're video and listen to they're words and explain to me how these people are patriotic Americans. This is an organization that Joe Wilson is a member of and who shares the same views and values.

29Freethinker(24 comments)posted 5 years, 1 month ago

President Obama is neither a Socialist nor a Communist. He has not responded to the childish outbursts of people like Joe Wilson. When the Left wanted to go after President Bush and VP Chaney he said that would be counter productive and we must move forward. His actions are those of class and of someone focused on the job at hand, I may not agree with many of his proposed solutions but he presents himself in a dignified manner.

Having been a veteran of the USMC from the Viet Nam era I wasn't happy when VP Chaney and Carl Rove attacked those of us that disagreed with the Invasion of Iraq by calling us unAmerican and unpatriotic.

Name calling is for those that allow emotion to cloud their judgement. Referring to past dictators and the like, is childish. The current administration must tackle difficult problems that have been in the making for 30 years. We won't agree with all angles of approach but that doesn't make them unAmerican. That makes them people of courage to take on this daunting task.

To those that can not control their emotional outbursts I only ask,,,where were you when the bullets flew and times were at their darkest. Did you step up to the plate or hide like the Rush Limbaughs of the world.

I must credit Rush however. He has learned to be a profiteer at the expense of our Country. At a time when we need to find unity he manages to drive wedges and create controversy for the sake of ratings and cash. It doesn't matter if he must create falsehoods and refuse to debate anyone with a grasp of the facts.

To those that post in this forum, and do so in an adult manner, I must say thank you. I enjoy the debate.

301Marine(29 comments)posted 5 years ago

I am a God fearing, country loving, gun toting, apple pie eating, patriot who served 23 years on active duty with the greatest fighting force on earth, the US Marines, defending your right to be stupid! People like me are what is right about America and we will prevail and bring truw conservatism to this great country. GOD BLESS YOU.
Semper Fi

31Freethinker(24 comments)posted 5 years ago

1Marine

I fail to see where we disagree. I, too am conserative by nature....hope for the best...plan for the worst.

My last post was to say I believe that civil discourse in this forum would be more productive. The name calling and cries as to who is more American is not going to solve any debate.

It's great to hear from another brother. I doubt that we disagree on very many issues. Personally I believe both sides of the aisle in our current government are corrupt and bought off by special interest groups. Until we the people can vote directly on policy then nothing will change.

Semper Fi

32najjjj(106 comments)posted 5 years ago

Dorothy........if the shoe fits.......

33jmpt37(43 comments)posted 5 years ago

and im sure if it fits you can share it with desouza

342ez2c(17 comments)posted 5 years ago

pro american ... you sound bitter ,sorry for whatever it is thats bringing you down. lance .... enough with the race card, thats getting old .how many times have you pulled that card? or are you just trying to fit in with the cool kids??