UPDATED: Jimbo tells Greta: 'I have some grudges'

Published: Thu, September 10, 2009 @ 2:16 p.m.
Traficant Interview Preview (From Fox News)

Traficant meets supporters at Quaker Steak and Lube in Austintown

Click to watch

Click to watch

Click to watch

Ex-U.S. Rep. James A. Traficant Jr. told Fox News host Greta Van Susteren that life in prison “was tough” and he was “put in a position to be hurt.”

Her show, “On The Record With Greta Van Susteren,” airs at 10 p.m. today. Van Susteren taped the interview Wednesday at an undisclosed location in the Mahoning Valley with Traficant.

In a brief clip on Van Susteren’s blog Traficant tells her he was purposely placed in Allenwood [Pa.] Federal Prison because “there were a lot of illegal immigrants there. They knew I had the troops on the border.”

While in Congress, Traficant often spoke of putting military troops on the United States-Mexico border to stop illegal immigration into this country.

“Before long I was in the hole,” Traficant said.

According to a transcript of selected quotes from the interview provided to The Vindicator, when asked if he would run again for Congress, Traficant said “I don't know yet … if I do run, get your best hold, because I will be running downhill with my tails flapping in the wing wide open.”

“But I have some grudges, and I want to go at them … they came to me and said if I said I was guilty, I might even get a pardon. And I told them to shove the pardon up their derriere sideways.”

At the end of the promotion, Van Susteren urged viewers to watch the show because Traficant “is never dull.”

Traficant, who was expelled from Congress after a 17-year tenure, was released Sept. 2 from federal prison after serving a sentence of more than seven years for racketeering, bribery, obstruction of justice and tax evasion.

Traficant was first sent to Allenwood in August 2002 and transferred to a prison in Ray Brook, N.Y., in March 2004 and in December of that year to the Federal Medical Center in Rochester, Minn., where he served the rest of his time.

Traficant maintains his innocence and said Sunday at a dinner in his honor that the federal government “had to cheat to convict me.”

This is Traficant’s first interview since his release.

For more, watch Vindy.com

Comments

1Wanto1014(12 comments)posted 5 years ago

TRAFICANT 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR NEXT PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Traficant/Barr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2TheLostPatrol(756 comments)posted 5 years ago

Bring out some old tapes of the OJ car chase, too. This is OLD news. Move on, News Media !

3MissYtown(5 comments)posted 5 years ago

Blah! Blah! Blah! same old song - change the record please. I'm watching the Steelers tonight!

4jtamarkin(37 comments)posted 5 years ago

Yep, I'm ready to wear my T-shirt---"Cleveland still sucks. Feel the Pittsburgh Steel."

5Nonsocialist(710 comments)posted 5 years ago

Back to Jim T:

I do not feel sympathy for ex-cons. But what I don't understand is why the same animosity is not directed at criminals who got away with tax evasion (Geithner, Daschle, Rangel, etc.). Is it ok if you get away with it?

6westside(47 comments)posted 5 years ago

Bimbo Jimbo. Let the circus begin. What a joke. He's nothing but a sideshow.

7EliotNess_DC(86 comments)posted 5 years ago

Traficant popup videos coming to YouTube ... here's the first (still under construction):

8paulydel(1296 comments)posted 5 years ago

You should feel the steel up yours. Go Cleveland Browns.

9paulydel(1296 comments)posted 5 years ago

I believe Traficant was railroaded because unlike some of you wusses he didn't care whose toes he stepped on he spoke his mind and screw being PC. Thats why we have so many problems now. Traficant shook up the House and they didn't like it.

10isaac45(272 comments)posted 5 years ago

speaking of derrieres...i wonder if his infamous anal difficulties were remedied in prison