Poland’s new stadium dedication is Friday

Published: Wed, September 9, 2009 @ 12:40 p.m.

POLAND — Poland Seminary High School’s newly-renovated football stadium will be rededicated on Sept. 11, the same night the school’s football team christens the stadium with its first of five home games this season.

The largest renovation came to the stadium’s seating, which increased from 3,400 to 6,000. The $2.02 million renovation plan also included updated locker rooms, a new training room and more concession stands.

A 1-mill, five-year replacement levy for permanent improvements that was passed in November 2007 will help pay for the facility. A nonprofit organization raised more than $700,000 to install new field turf last year.

The school’s athletic department will rededicate the stadium and Dave Pavlansky field and honor long-time athletic director Myron Stallsmith during halftime.

Stallsmith began his career in Poland in 1960 and became athletic director in 1963. He oversaw an increase in sports from three to 19, according to a press release.

Presales of adult seats cost $6 and student seats cost $4. All tickets purchased at the gate cost $6. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and kickoff is at 7 p.m.

Comments

1janeyblue(227 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

and we the world care about this because...?

2steeltowngirl(6 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Janeyblue- The residents of Poland, current student families and alumni care a great deal about this. If you aren't interested, bug off. Some of us actually do want and need this information.

3janeyblue(227 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

wow an army of 1! you go girl!

4janeyblue(227 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

the world is full of kids being abused and killed,people are starving worldwide...did you notice a little war going on overseas?
and this is so bloody important?
yes your priorities are spot on girl!
yep lts all talk about the rich folk in Poland forget the rest of the world exists!

5janeyblue(227 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

oh yes..just think how many meaqls that $700,000 could have provided! So a bunch of spoiled kids can play on it? And pay tutition to boot! Oh yes I see the logic...NOT !!!

6Search4Answers(722 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

People and cities are free to do with their money as they wish. Sorry that doesn't match your priorities janeyblue.

7cambridge(2989 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

janeyblue....You need to lighten up. Life is about having a good time and if the people of Poland include this in their enjoyment that's their business.

8golfnut(30 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Janey, so everything in the vindy (and the rest of the word) needs to be for your interest, and only yours. Interesting that you feel that such trivial things such as a new football facility has no meaning and is wasteful, yet the construction jobs created by the project means a bunch to those who's bills are paid by that income. Yes, let's stop all such projects, and while we're at it send more iron workers, masons, carpenters, etc. back to the unemployment line.

9janeyblue(227 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

and how long did they work? a few weeks? a few months? now what? wait for more idiots to give their hard earned cash for a stadium...yes they paved paradise and put up a parking lot...
dont forget to leave the lights on...burns more fossil fuel!
no not everything has to suit my interest...just dont make such garbage the main story...there is more to life than Poland football!
You call me narrow minded...have you looked in a mirror of late? After that...look outside...while its still there...before they put a football stadium there...

10steeltowngirl(6 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Janey, there is a prescription that you can get to help manage your anger. I don't think it will help your jealousy though. You will not receive any apology from me that some of us got educated, are living the good life, and feel compelled to give back to the community. Some of my fondest memories, and the reason for my success, are because of the Poland system. It's not just about a stadium. It's about helping create a community and a future for the kids.

11redvert(2056 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

steeltowngirl, how dare you rag on janey because you believe in making it on your own merits and she is obviously a gimmie, gimmie person.

In post 9, in referring to the people that worked on the stadium she said "and how long did they work? a few weeks? a few months?" They were working dummy, is there something that the rest of are missing?

I will say this Janey, don't go away, you are entertaining at times.

Having said all this, I also read my local Florida paper and see the same type of responses. For example, yesterday the Florida paper had a short story to tell everyone that hurricane Fred out in the Atlantic will probably not affect Florida. You would think that the newspaper had committed a felony by publishing that 5 line story.

"They walk amongst us"

12janeyblue(227 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Laughing so hard here! Wow...what is there to be jealous of in Poland? Oh wait there is the 25 mph spped trap! Now I am scratching my head trying to come up with something else...and I can't !
As for the meds...you take em...per chance they may boost your IQ! (They may interact with the crack you smoke tho so be careful! you do not want to be more delusional than you already are!)
And so..now all the construction workers are...working on another stadium somewhere..or collecting unemployment? Dont get me wrong I am happy for them that they got those weeks/months of work...but now what? Not like Y town is in a huge building boom here.
And one last note...I am not a gimmee gimmee person...I give...thats how I was taught. When was the last time you donated your time.your talents..some spare money...your old clothes...things you dont use anymore...to someone who could use it? Naw...far too easy for you lot to toss it in a lamdfill.
Try helping a stranger get a new start...walk in someone elses shoes for a day (you wouldnt last because they arent designer!) ...
There are far more important issues around us than Poland Ohio!

13steeltowngirl(6 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Time, talents, spare money, old clothes and recycling...all in the last week.

14janeyblue(227 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

has no money! the rest yes! :o)

15redvert(2056 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Damm Janey, I thought I was a nice guy and you say all those things and now I fell bad. Of course I donate my old stuff to charity. After all I do get a tax write off. By the way, I do not have a single piece of designer clothing, it ain't my style. You will more likely find me in cut off jeans (Rustler from Kmart) T-shirts and New Balance sneakers ( my one splurge)