YOUNGSTOWN — Valley residents are invited to attend a unique evening of fun, education and good food from 4 to 8 p.m. Sept. 13 at Stambaugh Auditorium. Featured at the Sixth Annual Chefs’ Secrets benefit event will be 20 area chefs, who will conduct a series of cooking classes.
Attendees may choose to schedule classes in appetizers, side dishes, entre s or desserts. Each class will last approximately 30 minutes. Participants will receive a full portion of the item they learn to cook, and can eat in the ballroom.
There will be Chinese and silent auctions, raffles, a cash bar, and live entertainment by Steve Fazzini.
The cost for the event is $50, and half the amount is tax deductible. Proceeds will benefit Sojourner House Domestic Violence Program. A limited number of tickets will be sold on a first come basis, and can be obtained by calling Kathe Klem, (330) 743-9275, ext. 114. For more details go to www.burdmangroup.com and click on “What’s New at Burdman.”
The following classes will be available and taught by one of the area chefs:
• Spicy shrimp with mango salsa, Anthony and Phyllis Olin of AngeNetta’s.
• Pesto-tomato crostini, Dr. Joseph Mosca, sponsored by Dee and Jim Tripp.
• Calamari Creole Style, Chef Victor “Pepper” Calautti.
• Thai-style grilled beef in lettuce cups, Chad Scianna of Jeremiah Bullfrogs.
• Pizza on a grill, Diane Buser, sponsored by Tom and Linda Arens.
• Tortellini salad, Chef Dave Phillips of Gia Russa.
• Creamy seafood soup, Bob Liller, sponsored by Morelli’s Restaurant.
• Potato crepes, Linda Oddo of Linda’s Country Catering.
• Tabouli salad, Izdihar Mansour of Zenobia Cuisine.
• Mediterranean vegetables on a grill, Jacci Duda, sponsored by Pat and Gerri Ginnetti and Anne Kay Economus.
• Scallops Danielle, Chefs Alan and Danielle Donatelli of Dona Vito’s Italian Grille.
• Rosemary-scented stuffed pork loin, Sandy Furano, sponsored by Mahoning County Career and Technical Center.
• Braciole, Joe Sylvester and Jeff Keel, sponsored by Turning Point Counseling Center.
• Salmon omelet for a crowd, Joan Schwebel, sponsored by Audrey Schwebel, LISW.
• Gordy’s Tuscan pork tenderloin on the grill, Chef Gordana Jelic-Lettieri of Super Suppers.
• Banberry tart, Jim and Susan Tropea of Tropea’s Fine Pastries.
• Coconut “Joy” Pie, Susan Silvashy, sponsored by Dr. and Mrs. Keith Kuppler.
• White chocolate raspberry mousse, Regina Reynolds and Glenn Stevens, sponsored by Marc and Nancy Flinn.
• Pumpkin Cheesecake, Lisa Marx of Cheesecakes by Design.
• Vanilla Bean Cupcakes, Ellen Harvischak of Clarencedale Cake.
The chefs are donating their time and talents. The private chefs are donating their time, and food items are being donated by their sponsors.
There will be an exposition area in the ballroom for vendors promoting the following food-related businesses: A&M Party Rentals, Pampered Chef, Party Smarties, Behind Closed Doors Studio, The Kitchen Shoppe, and Grill Stones and Gift Baskets for All Occasions.
Coffee will be provided by The Lemon Grove Caf , and food samples will be distributed by Fun Flavored Fudge, Gia Russa’s, Great Harvest Bread, Catullo Prime Meats, Tropea’s Fine Pastries, Vino Novello Winery, Ghossains, Rust Belt Brewery, Tastefully Simple, and PMG Chocolatier.