McDonald's near YSU robbed

Published: Fri, October 23, 2009 @ 10:15 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — A robber took about $400 from a Fifth Avenue fast food restaurant, then fled.

An assistant manager at McDonald’s told police that about 7:45 p.m. Thursday, a man, about 20 years old, came into the restaurant and told her, “I’ll lay everyone out unless you give me everything in the register right now,” a police report said.

The woman gave him about $400 from the cash register.

Comments

1valleyred(1098 comments)posted 5 years ago

I was in there Thursday too, how ironic.
Luckily it was at 12:00 noon.

2aeparish(669 comments)posted 5 years ago

That must have been what all of the hoopla was when I was walking out of class. Niiiice.

Anyway, I think they got him though. There were probably 2 or 3 YPD and 3 or 4 YSUPD surrounding two black guys and arresting at least one of them. But, that was all I saw, because I had to go a different route home that night since one of the YPD officers unncessarily insisted on parking across the two of the lanes on Fifth Avenue, diverting traffic.

3markdtenn(8 comments)posted 5 years ago

My uncle was in there last year when he was up from florida for a family emergency and he went there to get coffee on way to hospital and was beaten and robbed in parking lot at 8:00a.m. with people around and no one did anything so I have no sympathy for McDonalds being robber when they can't even protect their patrons.

4Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years ago

Ghetto stimulus plan in action . As a bonus the hard working robber deserves several years vacation in the slammer for his endeavors .

5gypsygirl720(186 comments)posted 5 years ago

Stan:
AGREE.

6NoBS(1962 comments)posted 4 years, 12 months ago

Poor Herb Washington - that's one of the Micky D's he owns, and now he's out $400.

7valleyresident(24 comments)posted 4 years, 12 months ago

Does Herb own the Campbell McDonald's also? What a joke that place is probably should be voted the worst McDonald's in OHIO.