Union leader upset with Forum Health pay proposal for Buzz Pishkur

Published: Wed, October 14, 2009 @ 12:32 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — After years of persuading members to accept contract concessions, union leaders are outraged at Forum Health’s proposal to pay up to $9,000 a week to its former chief executive.

“We’re just stunned. We’re flabbergasted,” said Tom Connelly, who represents about 400 nurses at Trumbull Memorial Hospital.

The financially strapped health-care system is proposing that Walter “Buzz” Pishkur, who resigned last month, stay on as a consultant and be paid through May 31 unless the health system is sold.

For the complete story, see Thursday’s Vindicator and Vindy.com

Comments

1mighty1(12 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

Was wondering how long it would take the union to pipe up about this! It's an outrage if Buzz is allowed to walk out with this kind of money. Does anyone know if Forum Health has been offered to be bought out by any other health institution?

2Hortus(34 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

I am but one person.

A person who wants and needs a “Portable Power Scooter” this device folds can be pulled along like a luggage, it costs $1,000 to $1,500 dollars. My independence would not be jeopardized by such a vehicle.

However, I also qualify for SSD and Medicaid. My physician will write a prescription for a power chair for me as she agrees it would be a good thing.

Medicare and Medicaid “WILL” pay for a $7,000 power scooter. My apartment is to small and I use a walker which works well for me.

I called Senator Voinovich’s office and ask if I could have a car with a wheel-chair lift for my daughter so that she can take me where I want to go. The answer was of course no.

What you are saying then is I should spend 24/7 in a power chair in my apartment or nothing, is that correct? Yes was the answer.

My independence will not be stifled by this kind of thinking thank-you. Send me a form, I’ll fill it out and perhaps this example of stupidity could end up in the HC reform bill.

3JeffWarren(5 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

Maybe the time has come for the unions to join forces with the physicians and formally go on record with the lenders against such a stupid expensive request. Come on people. Wake up. This isn't some game. We're talking about thousands of people's lives. Tell Buzz to take his expert advice some place else. Forum doesn't need him or want him.

4JeffWarren(5 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

Would the Vindicator publish the names of Forum Health's board members so the community knows who are making these dumb decisions? I think the residents have a right to know who these people are.

5Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 6 months ago

"We’re just stunned. We’re flabbergasted,” said Tom Connelly, who represents about 400 nurses at Trumbull Memorial Hospital."

"“Mr. Pishkur said that everyone needed to take a hit, and then he walks out of here with $288,000 in unearned money,” said Connelly, president of Local 2026 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees."

The union just doesn't take a lot of things into consideration . Walter truly feels that he is special . Therefore the people working at Forum Health are there to serve him . Their pay is subject to adjustment . My Grandmother had a saying, "they get the crumbs that fall from his mouth". So you see, Walter feels that he should eat his fill first and the workers get the crumbs . Walter has been enabled by others in Forum management that are just as out of touch as he is .

FORUM HEALTH NEEDS A DRASTIC OVERHAUL IN MANAGEMENT THAT HAS LOST TOUCH WITH REALITY !