Traficant to interview Ted Nugent on Thursday radio show

Published: Wed, October 14, 2009 @ 7:57 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — Ex-con and former congressman James A. Traficant Jr. will have a special guest Thursday when he guest hosts Dan River’s show on WKBN 570-AM from 10 a.m. until noon.

Rock guitarist Ted Nugent will join the show via phone from his Texas home. Nugent is an outspoken conservative known for his pro-National Rifle Association, pro-hunting views.

He’s “very outspoken when it come to other issues that hit close to home; including politics, the Second Amendment and crime,” according to Nugent’s own Web site, www.tednugent.com.

The number to call in the show is (330) 729-9977.

Comments

1Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Excellent choice for a guest !

2boardmanneedschange(364 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Ladies and Gentlemen , we have our presidential ticket for 2012.

By the way, is it really necessary to throw in the ex-con thing? I mean , when I'm in public talking about Bertram De Souza I dont start my sentence with , Local hack writer and all around whiny broad Bertram De Souza Wrote an article today........

3Max(81 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

boardmanneedschange,

Excellent comment. That is exactly what I think every time I read something by DeSouza!

And by the way, after listening to the entire radio program featuring Traficant and Nugent, I can honestly saw that was one of the best 2 hours I have ever heard on the airwaves!

Those two are excellent together!

4VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Ted Nugent and his wife are two of the most admired "American Activists" I know. They truely represent what every American feels (and wishes) America should be like.

5Tugboat(759 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Jimbo & Sarah Palin are Ted's 'blood siblings from the North.' Did any of them put on a uniform and ever have to face real danger???

6boardmanneedschange(364 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Before I reply, I'd like to say that those who serve in our armed forces are all heroes, and should be commended as such.

However, I didn't know that in order to be taken seriously about issues in this country you had to at one time be in the armed forces. The fact is that our government has become so entagled in trying not to offend the voters that place them into office, that no real issues are to ever be addressed. I have never served in the armed forces, but respect those who have, and have close relatives who have served in the past and currently serve. Their stance on political issues are the same as mine in some respects, and we differ on others. Your argument about why two people are wrong in their political stance because they have never worn a uniform is absurd. Perhaps if you made a valid point you would be worth listening to, but until then please try to keep your idiotic thoughts to yourself, as you bring those who wear our country's uniform to a lower level by grouping yourself in with them.

7boardmanneedschange(364 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

I actually did read your post. I was replying to Tugboats comment, THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY POSED THE QUESTION. I'll try to be more precise next time. Not sure I understood the second half of your post though. Were you calling me a wannabe or Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin wannabes? Either way, Please don't take offense to the fact that I am pointing out a faulty argument. You are right, the "career politicians" are whats wrong with this country. We can agree on that. And though I'm not a democrat or a republican either, I don't classify myself as anything, I simply like the title of AMERICAN.

8Tugboat(759 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Boardman wrote: "Your argument about why two people are wrong in their political stance because they have never worn a uniform is absurd."

I was including Ted in the mix. I'll try to be more precise next time also.

9Tugboat(759 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Obama doesn't go on-stage and rant about firearms and killing.

10JD010101(137 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Tugboat (641 comments)posted 5 days, 11 hours ago

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey TugBoat , tug on this.... As a matter of fact Jimbo did wear a uniform as Mahoning County Sheriff, serving warrants on a bikers gang hangout that was armed with a machine gun in the front window. I'd say yes he did face real danger. Know what your talking about moron.