Missing teen, adult face charges

Published: Wed, November 25, 2009 @ 1:30 p.m.

NEW WATERFORD — New Waterford Police Chief Dan Haueter said Wednesday he has warrants for the arrest of Sebastian Bragg, 14, of New Waterford, who ran away from home Nov. 18, and for Andrew Toarmina, 22, who has lived in the New Waterford area.

Haueter said that Bragg faces a charge of being unruly, which is a charge applicable to youths. Toarmina faces a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a misdemeanor.

The chief said that he does not believe there has been any foul play.

A media report said that there had been a state-wide alert for Bragg. Haueter said he has talked daily with the boy’s father but was unaware of any alert. People with information on the whereabouts of the pair should call New Waterford police at (330) 457-2444.

Comments

1Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Now just what intentions would a 22 year old male have with a 14 year old male ?

2knucles518(39 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

This event brings a few questios to mind. What was happening in his family life that has made him run away? I am not saying running away is the proper thing to do, but maybe that is the only resort he felt he had. I just hope that where-ever they may be, they are safe. There are many dynamics that could play into this situation. Before we draw any conclusions lets hear from the boy first.

3Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

"A 22 year old ADULT with a 14 year old child IS FOUL PLAY!!!!!!!!"

The system should put the 22 year old in the slammer for an extended time . We shouldn't condone the actions of Andrew Toarmina .

4knucles518(39 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

As the family is not answering questions. Neither is yours. I have asked what were the dynamics behind this. Yes a 14 year old boy has the ability to think up a way to excape. If a person feels threatened,they are goign to do what-ever they have to do in order to seperate themselves from that situation. I am not saying this is a bad family by any means. But, take a closer look at your own family to try and see what went wrong. That may be the clue as to why this child felt he needed to run away with this other person.

5Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

I see nefarious intent on the part of the 22 year old . What other reason would he have in running off across state lines with the 14 year old ?

6candystriper(575 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Do you think the 22 year old has anything to do with the rash of thefts? What is the age for using the Amber Alert?

good luck

7Christineshe(2 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Aaron, although I did not know you very well in school, I was a year ahead of you. My heart goes out to you and your family- I have 3 boys of my own and cannot imagine what you are going through. I have contact with a lot of your classmates on Facebook and posted a link the other day for the WFMJ page for the ones who live out of state. You have a lot of people praying for your nephews return. With your permission, I would like to link this page also because you have a lot more up to date information here than what the news stories are writing-and it could be passed around on Facebook. I would also suggest that you also join Facebook even if to only get this story out. What do you think?
~Christine Cannell Shepard

8Christineshe(2 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Wanted to wait for your permission- now that I have it, I will post it, and ask everyone to pass it on. Like I said, you have provided more info here than I have seen or heard elsewhere. We will definitely keep you all in our thoughts!

9greyhorse(36 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

The lack of an amber alert is very scary. I guess only pretty white FEMALES get amber alerts????
The school involvement is very scary- especially considering that Crestview Schools have security cameras. It could have been easily proven that man was signing the child out of school.

10greyhorse(36 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Slima21 have you contacted your congressman, etc etc?
I would keep raising cane- keep contacting talk shows, anyone and everyone until someone listens and helps.

11little_one(3 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

What's going on with not being able to get any information out of the adults family? Why is it an uphill battle to get warrants against the adults family if they are obstructing the investigation?

12little_one(3 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Does the adults family have something to hide? Why would someone not help the police find this missing child. I praying for his safe return.

13little_one(3 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Why do you feel the adults family would go to north carolina?

14Hustons(1 comment)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Hi Braggs, I just wanted to let you know that you all have our prayers. I just read through the litany of comments and have become very concerned, I wasn't aware that there was not an Amber Alert posted. I had no idea that this was being taken so lightly, either. If there is any thing we can do to help please don't hesitate to ask the Huston's have a large extended family. I will start spreading the word that this needs attention any way I can, for now and start thinking of something more we can do to help.
You have support from family and friends!

15Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Missing New Waterford Teen Found

A New Waterford teen who has been missing for two weeks was found in South Carolina.

Sebastian Bragg, 14, disappeared Nov. 18, and his parents feared he'd run away with an older man, Andrew Taormina, 22.

Bragg was found Tuesday in a Myrtle beach hotel with Taormina. Police plan to charge Taormina with interference of custody when he's extradited to Ohio.

16greyhorse(36 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Somehow that doesnt surprise me. Look at all the child molesters, drug dealers, and rapists some of these panty waist judges turn back out onto the streets. If I were your family I would be raising the biggest public stink ever.

Services

© 2015 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.