YSU programs set for Global Entrepreneurship Week
YOUNGSTOWN — Youngstown State University will mark Global Entrepreneurship Week next week with several events for students, faculty and the business community.
Programs will focus on international, national and local issues, encouraging participants to pursue entrepreneurial opportunities.
• Monday, 2 to 3:15 p.m: Panel discussion on “Exporting in Today’s Economy” in McKay Auditorium in Beeghly Hall. To reserve a spot, call (330) 941-2140.
• Tuesday, 7:30 a.m: Catherine Mott, founder and CEO of BlueTree Capital Group and BlueTree Allied Angels, will speak at a breakfast meeting on “State of the Industry — Angel Venture Capital” in the Jones Room of Kilcawley Center. Reservations are required by calling (330) 941-3068. Open public sessions will be at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. in the Cope Suite in Williamson Hall.
• Tuesday, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m: Dinner and panel discussion on “Women Entrepreneurs: Increase Your Possibilities in Today’s World” in the DeBartolo Stadium Club at Stambaugh Stadium. Make reservations by calling (330) 941-3064.
• Wednesday, 4 to 6 p.m: A reception at the Youngstown Business Incubator for YBI Portfolio Companies, board members and YSU faculty members.
• Thursday, 7:30 to 9:30 a.m: The Rise and Shine IdeaLaunch Competition in Cope Suite in Williamson Hall. YSU student finalists in the competition submitted ideas for starting a new business and were judged on economic and technical feasibility, quality of the product, service and solution and market opportunities. They will present their business plans to the Garden Club Angels, a local organization of individuals interested in small business investment in the Mahoning Valley.