Sorry, no featured jobs currently.

Pritchard breaks silence on personal, legal issues

Published: Tue, November 10, 2009 @ 12:05 a.m.

By Elise Franco

Township employees and residents at the meeting said they continue to support Bo Pritchard.

AUSTINTOWN — Warren “Bo” Pritchard broke his silence nearly two weeks after legal matters thrust him into the spotlight.

The township trustee addressed colleagues and about 20 residents during Monday’s regular board meeting. Pritchard said he wasn’t comfortable discussing his personal life but, under the circumstances, felt it necessary.

“Life isn’t always easy, and I’m in a position to tell you I know that firsthand,” Pritchard said. “I’m not opening up to put my life in the press. ... But I’m here to tell you what I’ve gone through has been debilitating.”

Pritchard, an attorney 25 years, had his law license suspended last week after he failed to pay a $400 biennial registration fee.

The Mahoning County Bar Association filed paperwork with the Ohio Supreme Court on Oct. 29 seeking the suspension of Pritchard’s law license. The bar association alleges misconduct, ranging from clients who paid hundreds of dollars up front for services they never received, failing to show up for court appearances, or failing to make timely case filings.

Pritchard said he wanted to apologize for what’s happened over the past year, especially because he became a lawyer to help those in need.

He indicated that depression affected his work with clients. “I’m very sorry for what has transpired over the last year professionally,” he said. “I spent 25 years practicing law, and because of depression, you aren’t able to service them.”

Pritchard, who was not re-elected in last week’s general election, said he will continue to serve as trustee until his term expires. “I’ve got three more meetings to serve out my term,” he said.

Trustees Lisa Oles Oles and Dave Ditzler showed support for Pritchard, as did several township residents.

“On candidates’ night you said something that hit me in the heart,” Oles said. “You talked about being a team, and that reminded me of how far we have come.”

Township resident Pat Connolley thanked Pritchard for his many years of hard work and offered words of encouragement.

“Where I come from, Bo, when people have problems, they run to them — not away from them,” he said.

Ditzler mirrored Connolley’s sentiment and told Pritchard he would continue to support him as a friend even after their professional time together runs out.

“You’ve served Austintown well, and you’ve been a good colleague and a good friend,” Ditzler said. “Your intentions have always been good and in the best interest of Austintown.”

Pritchard thanked his friends and colleagues for supporting him through what he described as “the toughest 12 to 14 months of my life,” and apologized if any bad light was shed on the township because of him.

“I’m sorry that my life has reflected in ways on this community,” he said. “But it hasn’t affected the service I’ve done as a trustee.”

efranco@vindy.com

Comments

1JAB(41 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

He's only sorry because he got caught. He should be removed as a trustee, it's our money at stake and he can't be trusted to handle our buisness. He's a liar and a thief, period. But no one has the spine to do what needs to be done.

2RFederer(116 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Everyone's a victim nowadays including the perpetrators. Does anyone accept blame for their actions anymore? JAB's comments above are correct.

3jeffondash(4 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

I feel for bo. I've know him for years. I wish him him all the best BUt his comment of not running away from problems and should run to them struck a nerve. As somebody who has someone involved in a case that has suffered because of bo's inability to finish a case or even be contacted about it, he should take that philospy to heart and start calling all of the people he has brought legal harm to. It would be a start of having the old bo running to the problems instead of away from them. He might be suspended but a phone call to shed some light to all of the people damaged over the last year would be a step in the right direction. At least the opportunity to get their files back would help. I wish I didn't have to leave a post like this but if you're on of the ones who have a case in limbo because of bo, you're screwed. You can't get a hold of him and the people at the bar who are supposed to help out don't return phone calls.

4AustintownResident(3 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Bo your problems have been going on much longer than the year you admit to in this interview!
I agree with JAB above. You need to step down NOW!

You have caused so much damage to this community and to the families in it. Think of all the families you have literally destroyed and the lives you have ruined and the harm you have allowed to come to the children in this community. I would love to understand why would you support a child molester being allowed to molest again? How can you sell one piece of property to two people? How can you keep drinking and driving and think that it is fine for you?
Any answers Bo?

You are a disgrace to this community! You do need to face up to your mental and drinking problems. Quite kidding your self, this is not just depression Bo!. Some of this is just your nasty personality showing brightly through! Most of all you need to make things right with the people you have knowingly and happily screwed!

Trust me Bo many people in this community have rightfully lost all respect for you!

5candystriper(575 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

100-1,000 years for a golf ball to decompose naturally.
Golf balls are humanity's signature litter.

6Dajuj55(1 comment)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Bo, there are times in this life when an EX ... is the only friend that is true. Stephen Walter

7joebag09(235 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

You acknowledge you've had problems dealing with depression.....why didn't you remove yourself from creating these issues. Taking on clients when you were aware you couldn't serve them? You do not continue to run a gas station when you're out of gas!

8movedout(4 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

IPeople at the Bar who are supposed to be helping aren't and aren't answering/returning calls... What makes them any different? Shouldn't the Bar be filing against them too? Why isn't everyone being held accountable? Jeff Ondash: "the people at the bar who are supposed to help out don't return phone calls." How is this any different than Bo's actions? At least he's come forward and admitted his faults and attempted to explain why this happened with him. Why aren't the Bar Association members who are doing the same exact thing not being questioned or accused?

Obviously there's something wrong here, but it's possible that we're all focusing on one man instead of looking at how the system is flawed... The Bar Association members who are now doing the same exact things that Bo did aren't being held accountable and that's wrong. If the group that has the job to take care of people when their lawyers fail them fail the people in the same way I wonder if something is wrong with the cases themselves, or lawyers in general.

9janeyblue(227 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Good old Bo ! Hasn't changed since elementay school...always did think he was above everyone else because of the family name...whiny snivling snob then and he still is ! Never did have a smile, just a sneer and looked down his nose at everyone.
How much did he inherit form the property at 46 and Oldtown Rd ? Hefty sum indeed...and that parcel on 46 is worth a few bob too. Or did he drink it all up?
Depression isnt an excuse. Copping a plea is more like.
Step down...you are not qualified if you are "depressed" and on psyc meds to help run a township! ...Nor are you able if you are a drunk!

10hardin54ja(20 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

I have known Bo since high school. He is an intelligent and articulate man that inheritied some debt to go with the property listed above. Celia is one of the greatest people on earth and those who have known her are the better for it.
Bo is now facing up to his issues which is a first step in recovery. I hope he can assist the lawyers of his previous clients so they may proceed . I look forward to seeing a smiling, not sneering, BO. Good luck!!