Pavlik to fight at Beeghly Center in December

Published: Mon, November 9, 2009 @ 7:43 p.m.

Kelly Pavlik will make his first middleweight title defense since February when he fights Miguel Espino on Dec. 19 at Beeghly Center in Youngstown, his father and co-manager, Mike Pavlik, said.

Pavlik last fought Marco Antonio Rubio in February at the Covelli Centre.

For more details, read Tuesday's Vindicator or visit Vindy.com

Comments

1jrolley325(787 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

continuing to take on nobodies while dodging williams. who the heck is miguel espino?

2Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Miguel Espino

3Realist(62 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Man, I even hate to think this, but Kelly pulled out of a fight on dec 5th to fight on dec 19th because of his hand situation. Your mean to tell me they couldn't work out a deal to fight Williams on a later date????

I hate boxing but love Pavlik because he's a home grown product. I wouldn't think any less of Pavlik if lost to the best competition out there rather then fighting tomato cans for easy wins for an easy payday. On the other hand make that money Kelly!

I hope this isn't the case but it sure does seem like it.

4Ytownboy(142 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Sad...

5shadowman(67 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

Gee, I wonder if tickets will be any cheaper at Beeghly than what they were at the Covelli Centre. Does anybody know why it is at Beeghly?

6my2cents(11 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

I work at YSU and only learned of it tonight. I too wonder "Why?"

7yonko(27 comments)posted 4 years, 8 months ago

It is what it is...nothing more / nothing less. Hope to see everyone for the after "sparring match" party @ BW or the 13th round. This includes everyone heading to Disney on Ice.