Daughter finds parents shot dead in Poland

Published: Thu, May 7, 2009 @ 3:05 p.m.
Map: 6931 Stymie Road

POLAND — The daughter of two people found dead inside a Stymie Road home made the gruesome discovery when she checked on her parents.

“They’re both dead,” 32-year-old Billie Wright said on the 911 recording.

She checked on them shortly before 6 p.m. Wednesday because they weren’t answering all day, she said.

“My dad just got out of the hospital and I think he did it to my mom and then himself,” Wright said through sobs.

There’s blood everywhere, she said.

“I think it was a gun,” the daughter said.

Wright lives down the road from her parents’ home at 6931 Stymie.

The names of the deceased and causes of death haven’t been released pending completion of an autopsy by the Mahoning County Coronor’s office.

Comments

1EJM1990(4 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Why don't you morons get the story right. This happened to someone in my family, and what you and the local news stations are reporting is completely wrong and a sad attempt to boost your ratings. The man did NOT lose his job, and that was not what provoked this tragedy. You have no respect for people during times of tragedy by posting the transcript of the 911 call. What does this have to do with anything? Nothing at all the last thing she wants to see in the news paper is the horror she had to discover. His son died ten years ago as well not 2 like the news stations are reporting. I'm not saying anything else about the situation no wonder you guys are a second rate news paper when you can't report the facts. Pathetic!

2mb1222(3 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

I completely agree with you.This is my family also and I can't believe the way this is written!! You all need to get all the facts strait before you write the artical! No one wanted to hear this call esp.after only 24 hrs! Have you no respect for the grieving family! Unsensitive!

3ytownres(2 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

EJM1990 -
I knew the Smith's. How this man suffered when his son was killed by an illegal alien that parked his semi across two lanes in the dark then turned off the lights. By the time his son saw the truck it was too late. His son's fiance found out she was pregnant after she burried him. I feel so deeply for this family, they have gone through so much sorrow. Not only did he have chronic pain from an accident himself he had to deal with his son being taken at such an early age. This family suffered in a private hell for 10 years now - I only hope that the daughter can make it through this. To all of those who like to judge people before they know the entire story - I hope it never happens to you (being judged by people who know nothing but how to accuse). It must be hard to be so perfect!
RIP Mr. & Mrs. Smith. You will be missed!

4worried(19 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

funny.....its all about poland..... when somebody in the city is found dead everybody talks about good for them....just another gangster off the streets, but when it happens to a couple in poland the story changes all of you writing saying think about the family.....think about the family the next time it happens within city limits

5sistersun(49 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

I do agree with EJM1990,it is Pathetic.I send my deepest sympathyand Prayers to the family of this tragedy.

6mb1222(3 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

This is my Aunt and Uncle and no it's not all about Poland!! This family has suffered so many losses over a shot period of about 10 years. Yes when anything like this happens enywhere it is a trajedy.I don't care who you are no one deserves this, NO ONE! No One is perferct either! Everyone needs to get the whole story before they make ANY comments no matter who you are !

You will be missed so much and we love you both!!
RIP . :*(

7Enough(32 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

worried, you are absolute garbage, without question. I pray the best for this young lady and hope that she can find a way move on with her life.

8alentown(12 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Worried. You sound a bit self-conscious about the misery your people heap on 'the city.' If the shoe was on the other foot the writer would be called a racist. One wonders if that might apply in your case as well. You seem to revel in the agony of people who live in an area populated by usually law-abiding folks.

9EJM1990(4 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

I just hope that the news station comes out and makes a statement that what they said was in correct. I feel bad for my step father and everyone else in the family who lost loved ones, and now they are forced to hear the terror and lies that the media is displaying

10TBonett(2 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

This is totally unbelievable!!! Why is a horrific tragedy used as local entertainment? This is a family’s personal tragedy that the news media is using to sell papers and increase their ratings. Shouldn’t the privacy of an emergency 911 call be a person’s constitutional right? If not, then it sure as hell should be!!! Since when did it become acceptable to exploit people’s pain and suffering? My heart goes out to the family not only for their loss but for the misery they have endured from the media.