Poland

5 bedroom, 6 bath
$395000

Poland

Residential
4 bedroom, 7 bath
$949900

South Side shooting leaves two dead, two narrowly escape

Published: Tue, March 17, 2009 @ 12:00 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — A shooting on the city’s South Side leaves two men dead, with two others who narrowly escaped.

Police arrived just after 2 a.m. Tuesday to find one man dead, one critically wounded and two unharmed. Police were told all were inside the 728 Brentwood Ave. home when shooting broke out.

Officers approached the residence to find Anthony Bell, 31, of East Midlothian Boulevard on the rear door steps, not breathing, with a pool of blood under his head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said Vandy Bryant, 25, of Rosyln Avenue, was found with a gunshot wound to the abdomen next to his car near 780 Brentwood.

Inside the car, police said they found a black ski mask and a bulletproof vest.

Bryant was taken to St. Elizabeth’s Health Center and pronounced dead a short time later.

Read more in Wednesday’s Vindicator and Vindy.com

Comments

1EricLW(66 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

Whoohooo! Sounds like a youngstowns finest. I guess if the cops won't do the job others will.

Ski masks and bulletproof vests well, I guess on the bright side there is one less thug that won't be showing up on your doorstep any time soon.

2Askmeificare(700 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

I feel bad for the families whose children become involved with the gang lifestyle. I believe the reasons for joining a gang goes far beyond financial motivations and are greatly tied into the parents lowlife, low I.Q. and mental aptitude lifestyle. That said, chalk lines for these scum animals are less expensive than 3 meals a day. When they stop shooting up other competitor gangs and start shooting innocent civilians for sport, then bring in the Secret Police and National Guard. In the meantime, I've got a hot cup of coffee and a pack of chalk for our city's YPD and county Sheriffs. God speed......

3scrooge(563 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

Just thinning the herd.

My condolences do go out to the families however

4jvittorio4187(3 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

I feel sorry for the ignorance of people who are allowed to even open thie mouths let alone post anything on a website. I personally know one of the parties involved. Does that make me a bad person? Does the fact the one of my frineds got shot make him a bad person? No it doesn't! You have no idea what happened nor why it happened. The only thing I hope for your rude coments and hatful feeling is that one day your train with come in. What goes around comes around. There is no value to put on someones life. Yours is no more valuable that anyone elses. Anthony Bell was a very good person who would have helped anyone. I was a friend of his and proud to have known him. A

5jvittorio4187(3 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

And there are very many other people who knew him too who are very respectable people. And to talk about gangs? Get out of your suburban homes, quit watching too many movies, and tun off the radio and get back to reality jack offs!

62old2care(19 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

Truly sorry for your loss jvittorio4187. My family lives on the southside of ytown and I'm beginning to think we all need bulletproof vests these days. We are all guilty of being too quick to judge at times, but we only know what is put in the news. Hopefully they'll get the story straight so as to clear the innocent victim's names for their family and friends at least.

7Askmeificare(700 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

I stand by my comments.

As for you jvittorio4187, get counseling and clean up your mouth. Vindy needs to remove your sicko comment.

8Askmeificare(700 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

P.S. Talk about ignorance. The counseling may help you mature i.e. grow up.

9jrowan53(5 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

This comment is for EricLW & Askmeificare, you are both ignorant with no repect for life. You need to walk a mile in their shoes before you make any comments. If you did then you wouldn't be so quick to spout such hate. also, Askmeificare, you are the insensitive one to other peoples feelings and your comment were the hurtful ones

10jrowan53(5 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

Askmeificare your comments are the ones that should be removed and you should take your own advice

11Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

Jay sez it's all good !

12silence(1 comment)posted 5 years, 5 months ago

God please forgive those who are insensitive and ignorant... My prayers go out to the family... My brother was killed in 2002 and was a GREAT person, not a gang member... R.I.P

13gmann415(268 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Business in YOUNGSTOWN as usual. by the way 187 is the code for murder/ homicide. so Mr.Jvittorio, my question to you is. are you 4 a 187?

14PSWEET2006(6 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

I KNOW ALL PARTIES INVOLVED IN THIS INCIDENT I AM NOT A THUG OR GANGBANGER I AM A HARDWORKING WOMAN WHOSE HEART GOES OUT O ALL THE FAMILES INVOLVED

15aeparish(669 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Haha Gmann, good call.

16Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

In this age of outsourcing we should should send our criminals on a trip abroad to get rehabilitated. We coddle them here and they don't mind doing time. Who knows they may be eager to behave after a short time abroad. Criminals could become a resource and not a burden by manufaturing goods in China that are shipped to the States.

17Askmeificare(700 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

You know, Stan, that is a really great idea. China, Korea, Vietnam,....

Also, jvittorio4187, are you 4 a 187?? You never answered the question.

18sonyajb(1 comment)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

To all the families of the involved parties my prayers are with you ,and remember God fights all your battles ,and he will fight this one also.As for the people who have ignorant things to say about those boys they were someones children so you all should be a littla bit mor considerate.I know for a fact that Mr. Bryant had some very posetive influences in his life, but we can't watch them 24/7. may God bless and keep us all!

19gmann415(268 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Mr.Jvittorio, its been many days since u posted anything on this story. U still have me wondering are u 4 a 187? your screenname says it all. just let us know for sure. and since you seem to know so much about all of this why dont u let all of us gang bashers know the story. you know what they say. if you live by the gun you die by the gun.

20jvittorio4187(3 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Well, no. I don't live by the gun. And no, that is not police code for a murder. My screen name does not say it all. But yet you seem to know very much about me from a screen name. Askmeificare, just a sceen name. Gmann415, just a screen name. Heres a little knowledge about what 4187 has any reflection to my screen name. The number 4-1-8-7 was a lottery number i played straight on Ohio's pick four lottery on June 30th 2000. This number hit straight and I consider it lucky. I use this number fo many things. Would you perfer 1874, or 8471, maybe, 7814? I never had played it boxed. Sorry that my lottery number choice caused such confusion for some people. But wait! Maybe I have a gambling problem?! Give me a break! Have you read anything else on this story?

21gmann415(268 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

you are right 187 may not be a code for police. however it is a code for gang members. anyhow, this anthony bell, was he from brookfield? sorry to hear the loss of your friend .