Fight at Campbell church festival results in four arrests

Published: Tue, June 9, 2009 @ 12:07 a.m.

By Jeanne Starmack

A man who resisted arrest was hit by pepper spray.

CAMPBELL — Fighting at the St. Joseph the Provider Church festival Saturday night resulted in four arrests and prompted the church to charge $5 admission Sunday after 8 p.m.

Sunday’s crowd was peaceful, said the Rev. Michael Swierz, adding that the church might resort to charging admission again next year unless teenagers are accompanied by an adult.

“If we have to, we will,” he said. “Teenagers come when it gets dark, and they chase all the families away.”

The festival is usually free.

It was the second consecutive year that fighting marred the festival, he said — fighting broke out in Friday night’s crowd last year as police were escorting teenagers off the church grounds. The festival, which began Thursday and ran through 11 p.m. Sunday in the church parking lot on Porter Avenue, is a fundraiser for the church and its school, the Rev. Swierz said.

Police reports indicate that two fights broke out, one at 10:15 p.m. and the other at 11 p.m.

Arrested during the first fight was Jaime Hernandez, 18, of Woodland Avenue in Campbell, Tillman Douglas III, 19, of Pasadena Avenue in Youngstown, and Jermaine Richardson, 20, of Hamrock Drive in Campbell.

Douglas and Richardson were taken to the city jail and released on $75 bond.

Hernandez was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Police said Hernandez kept interfering while an officer attempted to arrest his friend, who was involved in a fight. Another officer told him to step back. When he was told he’d be under arrest for disorderly conduct, he struggled with both officers, and the three ended up on the ground, the police report says. An officer used pepper spray on him.

He was treated by an ambulance crew for the pepper spray and taken to the jail. He was released on a $225 bond.

Around 11 p.m., someone approached an officer and told him another fight was about to break out, the report says. The officer found two people fighting with about 100 people grouped around them. He called for assistance.

Tracy A. Smelley, 20, of Boardman-Canfield Road, was arrested and put in the back of a police cruiser after he was told to back away and would not. He was charged with disorderly conduct and posted $75 bond.

Lowellville, Struthers, Coitsville and Youngstown police assisted after the second fight, said Campbell officer John Gulu. Those departments helped keep order as people left the festival for the night.

Comments

1janeyblue(227 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

why such low bonds? make em high keep the trash off the streets ! and don't watste valuable EMT time with such crap! let the jerks suffer with the pepper spray why use it if ya wash it off? geeze !
no lesson will be learned if the young punks are coddled!

2Tugboat(759 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Went to a fight once and a festival broke out.

3Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

I was there, and its a shame something like a church festival and the riff faffs have to ruin it. Shame you can't take a family out on a nice evening without these idiot punks to ruin it! They think they OWN the streets, walk on the street when there's sidewalks, block traffic with there (probably) stolen cars, sell there drugs, use there drugs (red eyes are a telltale sign + experience) act like such bad asses like there s@#4 don't stink (which it does), walk around like there going to rob or steal from you and more then likely packing, they walk all the way from the projects just to cause trouble, why? Noone will ever no.
(From Pink Floyd, The Wall) "If I had my way, I would have all of you shot."
And it's really a shame, because there are good kids trying to make something out of there life but these ignorant pieces of nothing ruin it for them. Sad.
Sad they will never read anything on how stupid and useless they are, because they don't know how to read and don't really give a damn, the only thing they care about are being FOOLS.

4DragonFly664(198 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Why do you think they closed the one at St Lucy's Church long ago, same reason. The losers from the surrounding areas have to come to Campbell and cause trouble and fight with everyone, Im glad they charged money to keep them out. I am afraid to let my boys go with there friends, who knows what will happen.

5JeffLebowski(953 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Tugboat has it right.

6VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

This brings to mind my high school years and of the "trouble makers" we had then. Some of them turned around and eventually became good citizens. Others did not and disappeared in the criminal justice system. Nothing has changed. If you look back, you will see a track record brought on by the family genes. What was it Hank Williams, Jr. sang? "I'm just carryin' on an ole family tradition".

7DragonFly664(198 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

The sad thing is VINDYAK, they are no longer using there fists like back in the "good ole days" now they use guns...

8Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

“Teenagers come when it gets dark, and they chase all the families away.”

Who raised these hellions? Fine the parents for letting them loose. Rehabilitation is best done at home !

9AKAFR1(322 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Two words, one solution: Concealed Carry

10DragonFly664(198 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Stan if they cared where their childern were they would not let them run amok to begin with. Im sure this is a long process that didnt just start last month. They are probably the same parents that drop them off at the mall and leave them there for hours. I like it AKAFR1!! :)

11Woody(452 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Akafr,

While I am a supporter of Concealed Carry, a church festival would not be the best place to draw a weapon and fire. To much chance of missing and hitting an innocent person.

12dbinnc(51 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

I'm from Youngstown and have lived in Florida, Texas, Kentucky and North Carolina and let me tell you it's everywhere. These animals (that's what they are) are all over. It's sad because as a parent you have to protect your kids at the same time you have to teach them the was of the real world. These kids that gang up at church festivals and look for fights are animals just like their parents. We need to clean up the projects. Here's my solution. Don't pay welfare anymore, make the people collecting it, punch a time card and clean a city street or park. Give them as much as they currently make on welfare, but make them work for it. If they don't show up they don't get paid. And make them pass drug test in order to get paid. After they do this for a while then maybe they will teach their kids to make something of themselves and the laziness will end.

No more free handouts.

13DragonFly664(198 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Woody, do you really think the jerks that bring guns places and do not have concealed carry really care who they hit? It is going to come to the point the only way u can get into a festival is if you go through a metal detector and pay 5 bucks, it is very sad that we cant even enjoy a neighborhood festival with some idiots ruining it for everyone.

14Bman(151 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

I bet the church TRIED to allow some teens in and it got out of control. Then, a changed policy which kept away trouble makers, also kept out of good poor kids, too.

Sounds just like the movie theatres a few years back. A few ruined it for all the bunch. I just wonder how many people stood there arguing with the priest and calling him a racist?

15jimiohoh(86 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

A small chuch festival. A congregation after a long and crazy winter. What a shame!

16jimiohoh(86 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Now we'll see how the judge in Campbell deals with this. He can make this something that will make these people think twice before getting arrested.

17madashell(14 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

WHAT A BUNCH OF SPINELESS GUTLESS IGNORANT THUGS ! ! GO BACK TO YOUR OWN HOMES AND STAY THERE ! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE, WHY DO IDIOTS HAVE TO RUIN IT ? $75 BOND ? $225 BOND ? THEY LAUGH AT THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM AND THUMB THEIR NOSES AT THE POLICE BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY CAN COMMIT A CRIME AND BE HOME TO SLEEP IN THEIR OWN BEDS BEFORE THE DAY IS OVER. HARSHER PENALTIES NEED TO BE GIVEN IN ORDER TO DETER OTHERS FROM THIS BEHAVIOR. CAMPBELL ALREADY HAS THE REPUTATION OF BEING A JOKE, WHY IS IT ALLOWED TO CONTINUE ? SOME ONE AT CITY HALL PLEASE DO SOMETHING. NO WONDER THIS HAS BECOME A GHOST TOWN.

18DragonFly664(198 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Campbell is not a JOKE!! The news just loves to put them in the paper. The "other" cities just have more money to keep there business out of the paper.

19Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

"make them pass drug test in order to get paid. "

In Youngstown this would never fly! Half the town or better would have their welfare checks taken away. Right now we have several generation families who have never worked. The school system has failed to teach them any marketable skills and social services isn't skilled enough to maintain any order in those families. The children learn to be druggies and anti social from their parents.

20Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Actually Campbell is not bad, just like any town, the bad sections are where the riff raffs trash the place. funny in every town across the USA you can tell where the fools live by the way they keep there living habitats trashed. Living like wild animals. No Pride whatsoever.
My brother has been a High School teacher for over 15 years, in the inner school system, and when he came out of college, I remember him saying he was going to change the world, and earn a teacher of the year award and really gung ho about it, but after years and years of students not wanting to learn, parents not even coming to PTC 's, students not showing up, all the fighting and stuff you would'nt beleive happens in the halls, he gave up, he teaches what he has to, and 1% of his students who want to learn, learn, the others, worried if there pregant, where there next hit is, who there going to shoot, whos rims are better on there stolen cars, etc....

Stan, more like 98.9% of the welfare abusers will not pass the drug test. lol

21DragonFly664(198 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

It is sad, but you are right Lifes2Short. My boys play football/baseball and there are only a handful of parents that even show up for the games, over half the parents i have not even seen during the whole season. I cheer on the whole team not just my boys.... That is the problem right there they have NO support from anyone.

22dbinnc(51 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Hey "madashell" - AMEN

23jaimehernandez330(1 comment)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

I am jaime hernandez, I think its funny how people who wasn't there can make such comments. The truth of the matter is I was arrested for video recording our lovely campbell police using excessive force to the point of police brutality...I had video evidence that would have devistated our community, I boldly state I have never acted disorderly nor have I resisted arrest!!!! While in a jail cell in campbell a police officer invaded my privacy by erasing the video out of my cell phone...where is the real justice??? Many people may have their own openions about the situation. But the fact is I had a overwhelming amount of witnesses whom viewed the inncident. I have a question to who ever wants to answer it, there was a fight that I witnessed that had multipul people involved, none of whom was pepper sprayed, so why would I be pepper sprayed for recording the fight and arrest, when the officer was choking a 20 year old man to the point where he was cring and saying he couldn't breath and nothing was being done to stop the officer I felt that video can either prove the police to be innicent or it can prove them guilty, it just so happens it would have proved them guilty!!!!!! The officer seen me recording him and immediately tried to punch me in the face, I asked him why he just took a swing at me, he made a mean face and signaled another officer to arrest me. The officer he signaled took it upon himself to pepper spray me and slam me into the ground. its a shame that police in small towns can bully and harass someone who is not guilty of anything. By the way it may not mean much but I think I shuld put it out there, at the time I only had 13 days untill millitary bootcamp for the united states marine corps, I was tring to stay out of trouble and enjoy the festaval with all the other families, my intentions and actions was honest. My court date is june 16 I plead not guilty to both charges, and I am contacting internal affairs to have a seprate investigation done on campbell police. If you would like to know more about the case you can e-mail me at any time my e-mail address is: iamdaboss4lyph@yahoo.com

24Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Jaime, I was right there to, I seen the whole thing, first off the 20 year old, RAN from the POLICE, 4 policeman were chasing him, when they finally caught him, he was struggling to get lose, 2 policemen gave him a warning to quit resisting, he did'nt, they throw him to the ground, brutality??? He's a 20 year old punk, fighting, running from the law, resisting, and you want everyone to feel sorry for him? Don't get in a fight on private property, take it somewhere where there is'nt noone, if that person is such a bad ass, why fight in public?? Pay the consenquences if your going to do that, it's against the law to FIGHT IN PUBLIC! If you think that was police brutality and would shock the community, that's a joke, right? Live in LA, or New York, or Puerto Rico! I have, and you talk about police brutality, this was so petty they would laugh at you!
Second thing, The Cop TOLD YOU to turn off the camera, He gave you a FAIR WARNING, you turn it off and quit taping and WALK AWAY, Case Over, you go into the Military and all is done. No, what did you do? You kept on taping! HELLO, if you wanted to stay out of trouble, the why did'nt you just WALK AWAY from it, instead of putting yourself in that position! common sense, especially if your going to the Military. Pay the Price now. And as far as them erasing the tape, HELLO, your in jail, Cops take your drugs, money, jewerly, etc, OMG they erased your video, and What you were taping, BELEIVE ME WOULD NOT SHOCK THE COMMUNITY, Drive around with the YSU police and you'll see that was just young punks NOT LISTENING! Hey PAY THE PRICE! Your going in the military, LEARN TO LISTEN!
Bottom Line
1. Don't fight! Hello! And if you do want to fight, if your such a badass, go to a private place and fight, with NOONE watching!
2. Don't put yourself in places where you can fail!
3. HUGE ONE - LISTEN! Do what your told in a situation like that, walk away, and it's over and done with. Why bother to escalate the issue? Let it go, it don't pretain to you. You think the guy you were taping really gives a ratass about you?
4. This could've all been avoided if you would have just WALKED AWAY. So you really only have yourself to blame. Just hope you Live and Learn from it.

25ADM(2 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Since when can the police tell you to turn off any recording device in public (well I guess than can tell you to turn it off but it's no crime if you don't) and because he's in jail it's justifiable to erase anything from someone's personal property.

26Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

No, what they did is not justifiable, but the fact of the matter is, if you don't listen, you get arrested, it maybe not fair or legit, but in the end, who wins? And as far as them erasing anything, who can you complain to? Really think you'll get a fair hearing (ok, maybe 1 in 10,000 cases you might) but if you were going into the military, would you put yourself in that position, whether it was fair or not? You can fight it, ($$$$$ lawyers) but who ends up losing in the end? All I'm saying is don't put yourself in a position or you will pay the price. Just listen, and you won't be in the papers or on tv or in jail, might not like it, but there's alot of things I don't like, but I deal with it by avoiding it. This is fly by news and everyone forgot about it now, but in the end, the gentlemen going into the military is the one who suffers! And for what? You think the vindy cares? You think the police care? You think the city cares? Why should they? You made the news and it's over with, but hes paying the consquences and like I said, it could've been all avoided if you JUST WALK AWAY and NOT PUT YOURSELF IN THAT POSITION. Common Sense will prevail EVERYTIME.

27aeparish(669 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

I just have to say -- I think it's really pathetic to go to a church festival to start a fight. Of all places!

28metz87(884 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Well they can all go to the hockey game tonight and try to pick a fight in Detroit at a NHL game. Let's see how that works for them,they have skates on and all those pads so they would get the crap beat out of them..

29Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Impossible, They would get lost a mile from there 'Hood.....and they only fight at family functions and prep sports. They only think there tough! lol There a joke!

30metz87(884 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

It would work better then giving them a slap on the wrist.

31Bman(151 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Last year the Campbell police did a better job....they threw a pepper spray grenade into the crowd of thugs...it worked better lol. More thugs got the message; this year they went one-at-a-time. Cudos CPD!

32metz87(884 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

That isj ust what these kids need I think.

33Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Awwww the Youth of America, very sad indeed. Received this from the so called Jamie that is joining the Military....so sad.....

I aint 1 to make threats or come off like sum "badass". I really don't give a F#$% about any of them rotten ass pigs. F@#$ campbell police. Not all of them just the ones who maced me and the fat little F@# who tried to punch me. U say u was there but u are writing like u are a pig yourself. U also F@#$ up cuz u stubernly choose to take the cops side, wen we all know the police broke the law. F@#$ wut your talkn about all the people who was around was sayn that campbell police have dirty ass pigs. That choking sumeone aint going to do anything but make pigs look dirtier in the eyes of the public. I agree with somethings u stated. A real badass will fight outside a public place. I was not involved n any way in the fight. And if I was then I would understand why I got maced. But the point is I'm gonna be somthing in my life that none of them rotten pigs can ever be. Ill be happy wen I'm 1fourth the majority of cops ages and making doubble the pigs paycheks. Lol lmao!!!! No o!
ne is butt hurt cuz wut u said people made plenty of comments for and against me. Wut matters is what goes down and who all comes to court tomarro. I bet u'll be there o wait that's where u work hahahahaha u aint fooln ne 1 ur one of them rottin ass crooked doughnutt eatn pigs hahahahahahaha c u there. OINK OINK

34Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Jamie,
1. Please learn proper grammar, try to remember what you learned in school.
2. Iam not a policeman,cop,pig,etc, I'm a decent hard working computer specialist working for a good company.
3. With the attitude your displaying, you will not make it in the military. I was in the Navy, Radioman, aboard the USS Cleveland, home-based in San Diego, honestly with the attitude you display (of course I don't no you, but from your answers) with authority you will not last in the military, whatever branch you are going to. They will eat you alive. Also, I did not make alot of money in the Navy, a decent living, yes, but I joined not for the money (because honestly, you won't be rich, just a regular normal job) I joined to serve my county. So before you even go in, please remember you won't be living the high life.
4. The Campbell Police maced you, because you DID'NT LISTEN! Anybody would be maced if you can't follow directions, noone knows if your packing or what you might be hiding. Move on with your life,Get over it and let that be a lesson learned (hopefully).
5. Learn to respect your elders and people in authority, reference #4.
6. If you think choking someone like that, you are funny, because that was nothing, you young children today think that was so horrible, again, you are very funny, because the way your going and with your attitude your in for a rude awakening, whether it's the police or someone else, you kids today have no clue what a a@#-whipping is. Your parents or whoever takes care of you can't touch the youth of today, because the youth of today cry like a baby and gets away with it because of the laws now and that is sad, because the old-timers no what is was to be disciplined by our parents, neighbors,friends, family. And we could walk the streets at night and not worry and leave our doors open at night. Really Sad.
7. The Youth of America really needs to do alot better then what you are doing, because sad to say, you will die, neither die bodily or die in spirit, and that is a shame.
8. Grow Up and teach your children right from wrong. But you have to grow up, do you want your children (if your capable of bringing up a child) to follow you as a example, I think not!
9. May God Bless You.

35my2cents(11 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

It looks like those arrested were charged with 3 crimes 1. Disorderly Conduct 2. Resisting Arrest and 3. Assault.
ACCORDING TO OHIO LAW:

Ohio Revised Code 2917.11 Disorderly conduct.
(A) No person shall recklessly cause inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm to another by doing ANY of the following:

(1) Engaging in fighting, in threatening harm to persons or property, or in violent or turbulent behavior;

(2) Making unreasonable noise or an offensively coarse utterance, gesture, or display or communicating unwarranted and grossly abusive language to any person;

(3) Insulting, taunting, or challenging another, under circumstances in which that conduct is likely to provoke a violent response;

(4) (does not apply)

(5) Creating a condition that is physically offensive to persons or that presents a risk of physical harm to persons or property, by ANY act that serves no lawful and reasonable purpose of the offender.

Ohio Revised Code 2921.33 Resisting arrest.
(A) No person, recklessly or by force, shall resist or interfere with a lawful arrest of the person OR ANOTHER.

Ohio Revised Code: 2903.13 Assault.
(A) No person shall knowingly cause OR ATTEMPT to cause physical harm to another or to another’s unborn.

36DragonFly664(198 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

BOY Jamie is in for a big surprise when he gets into the military, from the looks of the email, did he go to school?? I dread when my boys want to go to the festivals, when people like that are there, nothing is safe anymore.

37redvert(2099 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

According to Jaime's first post, he is going into the UNITED STATES MARINE CORP. Okay everybody, stop laughing, it is not nice!!!!!!!

By the way does that $75.00 bond the total bond meaning they had to put up $7.50 ? Bailed them all out with one crack sale!

38sistersun(49 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Lifes2short,I got to agree with you.I'ts almost summer and these kids (young adults) simply does not have any respect for themselves so you know they don't respect no one else. I can't blame all parents but I will say more parents need to step up and be just that.....A PARENT. I have a child and a grandson my job never ends.There got to be something we can do as a community to keep the good kids safe.Who set their bail????

39Bman(151 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

"...5. Learn to respect your elders and people in authority, reference #4..."

Ghetto trash like this kid do not learn anything. They just wind up in prison or dead.

PREDICTION: This kid gets a "dishonorable" discharge from the military.

40teuifelhunden(2 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

YOU WANT TO BE A MARINE??????? I AM A MARINE AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU IN PARRIS ISLAND COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING NOT BEING FAIR.... JAMIE, YOU SOUND LIKE ONE OF MIS-GUIDED YOUNGSTOWN BORN PEOPLE THAT GIVE THIS CITY SUCH A BAD NAME. YOU GUYS GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING STUPID THEN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW THE COPS HANDLE IT. YOU TALK ABOUT POLICE BRUTALITY? I KNOW MANY CAMPBELL, COITSVILLE, AND STRUTHERS COPS AND I CAN TELL U THAT IS NOT THEIR STYLE...... BUT MAYBE IT SHOULD BE THEIR STYLE, IT MIGHT POSSIBLY MAKE YOU THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU DONT LISTEN TO AN ORDER FROM AN OFFICER.WE GOT SOME GOOD COPS AROUND HERE. YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO HANG OUT WITH THE GUY WHO LIKES TO SPRAY PAINT ALL OVER HIS BUILDING AND COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERY LITTLE FLAW IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.
I HONESTLY HATE THE FACET THAT YOU MAY POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO CALL YOURSELF A MARINE ONE DAY... BECAUSE ACTIONS LIKE THAT, NOT LISTENING TO AUTHORITY, NOT HELPING BREAK UP THE FIGHT, NOT ASSISTING POLICE BY DOING WHAT THEY SAY IS NOT WHAT A MARINE WOULD DO. YOU GOT A HELL OF ALOT OF CHANGES TO MAKE BOY.

41DragonFly664(198 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

You tell him Teuifelhunden!!! You never know, maybe it will knock some sense into him, a few others should also enlist.

42teuifelhunden(2 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

ID LOVE TO BE THE ONE TO TAKE CARE OF THIS PUNK

43pci510(105 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

For those whom came to a place where they should behave instead of causing trouble need to find the bond very high and community service for 6 months of some sort. As for officers, some have common sense acting according to what is the best way to handle the situation while other officers are type of people who should not be officers because they are as violent as the offenders.

44chuckr0605(3 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

What do you expect its Campbell?!? Youngstown in a whole is turning into a complete hell-hole. I left that place a little over a year ago and havent looked back since. And I'm not just picking on Campbell, I know when I used to attend St. Chuck's festival that there was always a nice size group of thugs and punks that didnt belong, but they just walked their way right up from what ever gutter in Youngstown they came from and would start trouble with normal people. And I know people say that it happens everywhere, and Im sure it does, but you also need to look at it like this: Why does it seem to happen more in Youngstown (one of the worst cities in NE Ohio)? The answer, is because we allow and no one cares about a dieing city! We all see how well Youngstown's 2010 plan is fairing, I was just up there a couple of weeks ago, and I know this is off topic but what a mighty fine job your doing Mayor Williams. To conclude my comment I leave you all with this, you cannot resurrect what is already dead, and as for all the fights and problems, expect them to get worse.

45Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Actually Youngstown is not that bad. This weekend, I drove around the area and there were more nice neighborhoods then bad ones, I strolled throught Mill Creek Park and seen the kids playing, baseball games, people golfing, picnics and families having fun, went to church, went to Eastwood Mall and walked around, and seen the beautiful tank there, and then went to Lake Milton to watch the sunset, came home and sat on my porch and watched the traffic, because I live on a major highway, it was a tranquil weekend, and in reality, yes, Youngstown has a bad rep, but it also has pretty nice things and people, It's what you make of the situation. I remember living in Florida and telling everyone how great it was, but it was'nt and I eventually moved back to the area, so we can make Youngstown a better place, There's alot worse places then here, and it'll take time, but it's doable!
God Bless.

46chuckr0605(3 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

@ Life,
I'm glad that you were able to find something nice in Youngstown, but isnt it a little sad that you had to drive to Niles, and Lake Milton to have some fun and find some peace. I agree that Mill Creek Park is nice (in the day time) but thats really it for Youngstown. I moved to Charlotte a little over a year ago, and it is by far one of the nicest and largest cities I've ever been to. Unlike Youngstown people actually go downtown to party and go to dinner, not to go to some hole in the wall bar that teenagers go to because they can get served. Also since Ive been down here I think I've only heard about 3-4 murders that have happend in the city. Hell, when I was in Youngstown a couple of weeks I think I read in the Vindicator about 6 in like 3 days. I wish that I could view Youngstown the way you do Life, it would probally make my life alot easier to live with. But I dont, I see a city that is slowly killing itself, with nothing but drugs and thugs roaming the streets. There was a fight at the Campbell festival, nothing new, but what happens when this escalates to your "richer" neighborhoods like Canfield and Poland (cant say Boardman anymore just left their graduation ceremony on June 7th) its going to be a horrible expierence. But that cant be prevented because like I previously stated: You cannot resurrect what is already dead! Youngstown is dieing, slowly, the drugs, the crime, and all the filthy welfare ridden scum are the cancer that is killing this city. Im sorry for those of you who live in Youngstown, and have to deal with all of this depression, for lack of a better word. All I know is I got out and never looked back. I will say this though I can not wait for 2010, and this NEW AND IMPROVED AWESOME YOUNGSTOWN!

47Ciara2223(16 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

This is crazy if all he did was record the fight the police are suppose to keep it and not delete the video because that is tampering with evidence if i am correct. They need to have more security at every fest anyway.

48rloh330(43 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

Stan
What makes you think you can judge people the way you do?
Your comment's make you look like a typical Boardman creep.
You help no one and you must be one miserable SOB,I'm just guessing you live in Boardman,but I'll bet you do!

49chuckr0605(3 comments)posted 5 years, 6 months ago

@rloh,
I have to say I totally agree with what Stan said. What because a person speaks the truth and knows whats actually going on and doesnt follow the same bull sh*t that everyone else does makes them a "Boardman Creep"? And what does a Boardman creep exactly mean? Are there Poland Jerks and Canfield Snobs also? What because Boardman actually still has some class left in it someone becomes a creep? Hmm I'm feeling some jealousy here, how bout you Stan?