Minimum wage goes up, adds to costs

Published: Thu, January 1, 2009 @ 12:10 a.m.

The state’s minimum wage increases to $7.30 an hour.

STAFF AND WIRE REPORT

Two local business owners say they plan to keep their prices the same even though the state’s minimum wage is increasing today.

Local grocer Henry Nemenz said he expects to avoid price increases by having workers be more productive as the minimum wage is increased from $7 to $7.30 an hour.

In some cases, workers’ hours will be reduced, but mostly, workers at Nemenz’s IGA and Save-A-Lot stores will be asked to accomplish more, he said.

The annual wage increase is easier to handle this year because store revenues are up, perhaps because people are eating out less often, Nemenz said.

Jim Paxos, owner of the Mocha House in Boardman, said he will just have to deal with the increased costs.

“It’s just something we have to cope with,” he said.

Business owners are growing used to wages going up automatically each year since Ohio voters approved a constitutional amendment in 2006. The minimum wage is increased each year to cover inflation.

This year’s increase amounts to 4.3 percent. Restaurant servers and others who make tips will see their base pay go from $3.50 an hour to $3.65.

Proponents of the state increase say entry-level workers need the extra money more than ever as the nation struggles through a recession.

“It’s an effective anti-poverty policy, particularly at a time like this,” said Susan Helper, a professor of economics at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.

“When you give money to low-wage people, they basically spend it all, whereas the problem with giving money to rich people is that they tend to save some of it, so it doesn’t cycle through the economy.”

The state minimums apply to businesses that gross more than $255,000 in 2008 or $267,000 in 2009. The federal minimum for smaller businesses and for 14- and 15-year-olds goes from $6.55 to $7.25 an hour in July.

Roger Geiger, executive director of the Ohio chapter of the National Federation of Independent Business, said the timing of the increase is bad for small businesses.

“When businesses are struggling for their very survival and they desperately want to keep jobs, this automatic adjustment in the minimum wage couldn’t have come at a worse time,” Geiger said. “Now is not the time to be adding burdens to the cost of doing business in Ohio.”

The federation, which represents more than 25,000 independent, family-owned and -operated small businesses in Ohio, campaigned against the minimum-wage amendment.

Some small business owners facing higher payroll costs likely will cut jobs, Geiger said.

“When you’re in a recession, and close to the bottom of a recession, you hate to see costs increase,” said Ned Hill, interim dean of Cleveland State University’s College of Urban Affairs. “For retailers and local services, this clearly is another disincentive to employ somebody.

“Those people who earn $7 an hour and have a job, they win. Someone who doesn’t have a job loses.”

Businesses that pay better than minimum wage often increase pay proportionally when the minimum rises.

Dave’s Supermarket, a 13-store chain based in Cleveland, doesn’t hire employees at minimum wage. But the chain probably will increase pay for many of its 1,500 employees, owner Burt Saltzman said.

Employee Mary Lou Lopez said she and other members of United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 880 would welcome any increase.

Comments

1leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

I agree with you grump it is ridiculas for them to think ppl can survie on that wage everything is going up and there is noway you can pay all your bills and feed your family forget having a night out to even go to mcdonalds that is out. i had to take a pay cut where iw ork they took our rasies from us a mnt ago which is bs I earned those reaises and now ppl coming in hired new some are making more then those of us who have been there for years I say let them do our job a few mnts and see how they manage

2glbtactivist(250 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Its about time that minimum wage was increased to at least $10 so people can afford to own a home. This whole depression was caused by cheap businessmen like Nememz who want to pay slave wages so the owners can get rich.

3aeparish(669 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Do you realize that if the minimum wage increases to $10 tha prices are going to inflate, too? It's all relative.

You might be earning $10 an hour, but you're gonna be paying $5 for a gallon of milk.

4Nonsocialist(710 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

The minimum wage is intended for entry level positions. In the Land of Opportunity, one is supposed to strive to improve their talents and skills and move on to other skilled positions, leaving unskilled/minimum wage positions behind.

Raising the minimum wage is a stunt performed by the Ruling Class, who knows full well that the expected outcome is LESS entry level opportunities and higher unemployment.

5leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

well to your comment about maybe these are jobs for students and ppl looking for part time work?? thats all that is here you have to work and sorry excuse me if we have families so what ppl that don't make at least 10 to 15 dollars per hours shouldn't have families??? true it would be nice to be able to get a higher education but kind of hard to pay for tuition for school> not all of us are un educated ppl we went to school have knowledge we are not stupid(not all of us) and as far as owning houses we aren't suppose to be allowed to have that either?? if you look around there are no other jobs in this area at least we are working trying to support our families and we are not sitting on our a**es collecting welfare !!!

6aeparish(669 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Well, people who don't make at least 10-15 dollars an hour should at least consider their finances before popping out ten kids or buying a house they know they can't afford.

Also, there is no excuse for not being able to be educated. I attend school and work two jobs, and I am putting myself through school with student loans. I'm sure not making $10-15, either, but I'm still doing my best. And the bad part? I'm working my butt off for my education, and there are students going to YSU for next to nothing because we're all paying for it with our tax dollars... Must be nice!

And by the way, if you're complaining about a pay cut -- at least you still have your job. Lots of valley residents can't say the same thing.

7fleeytown(12 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Minimum wage jobs are for those who either have no education, no salable skills, or lack the necessary motivation to want to better themselves. I know a few people who do not have the high school diploma who believe that they should be able to own a home and make 10-20 dollars an hour; pardon my french but that is BS!!! I worked hard for my education, i worked my way through college for both my bachelors and masters degrees, why should someone who dropped out of highschool make the same amount of money that I make with two degrees?
What people need to realize is that the days of getting out of high school and finding a great paying manufacturing job are over, the bachelors degree is the new high school diploma today. If these people want to be able to afford the luxurious life, they should get themselves educated. This is one of the biggest problems in this area, the sense that people are entitled to have lots of money for little work. The steel mill have been gone for thirty years people, get your heads out of your butts and get yourself educated or understand that no, you should not own a home, you should not have a family, and you should not have a car. Birth control is available for free at planned parenthood, we have public transportation, and there is plenty of section 8 housing in the city.

The moral of the story is that people make what they deserve, if you want to make more get educated!!!!!!!!

8gistol(72 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

There is no need to put other people down. There are reasons some people work for minimum wage. Yes, some lack an education and/or motivation. On the other hand, you must look at the people that have responsibilities in life where a 9-5 job is not an option. For example the working mother, a person caring for an elderly parent, a person with disabilities, etc... To hold a career, you must devote your life to it and the days don't always end when the clock strikes. Anybody in a professional working environment should understand that.
The rise of minimum wage sounds good, yet it brings consequences: small business owners will struggle even more, after already being hit by a slowing economy & increased business expenses. It may be the last straw for a struggling business just 'hanging on'. Also, some business owners will decrease hours for employees, in order to keep afloat. In this case, the extra hourly wage will not necessarily bring excess cash as less hours will be available to staff.

9fleeytown(12 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Grump--
I was not stating that i only make 10 dollars an hour with my degrees, i was just making the point that people without an education should not expect to make as much as a CEO. The financial problem that the US is in right now is a direct effect of the greed that americans have. We are the land of opportunity, but not the land of milk and honey. Everyone does not have to have the same things, if that were the case we all need our corporate jets, bently's and live in house servants. People need to understand that keeping up with the jones' is alot easier with an education.

10city_dweller(194 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Minimum wage is becoming way too common in jobs that once upon a time people used to support families on, which is why it's such an issue. At one time, yes, minimum wage was intended for teen-agers working as fast-food places and such. But over the past 30 years, and yes, as unions lost power, more and more companies have turned the minimum wage into a standard wage.

And even people who make $15 an hour are only making $30,000 a year, which is 50 percent less than the national median income. People in manufacturing and industrial jobs that once paid enough to support a family are working for the same wages now that they did in the 1980s. In the past 35 years, worker productivity has more than doubled while wages have decreased by five percent. Also, level of experience and education does not always translate into better pay. More and more white-collar jobs are barely paying $30,000 a year for employees with college degrees.

Part-time workers are often paid minimum wage while their full-time counterparts make more. And because women, especially working mothers, comprise most part-time workers, they are disproportionately put at a disadvantage. All that does is further hurt many single-parent families that need the money the most as well as two-parent families that rely on Mom's added income to stay afloat.

11tll3023(35 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

To Flyeetown,

Just because a person doesn't have an education or get paid alot does not mean they don't work hard. Listen I worked my butt off and I only make $8.50 I work with the elderly, and I am worth way more than I am getting paid, but at least I am working so lets get something straight.. I might be taking care of one of your loved ones in the future so remember just because someone doesn;t go to collage doesn't mean they don't work hard, but deserve more.. the world is made up of many kinds of people...I happen to be someone that just loves helping the elderly and they need me. So remember that...

12fleeytown(12 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

tll3023;
I bet if you went and received an education, the 8.50 you make helping the elderly would be significantly higher. Ypou would even be able to qualify for a management position in the future. This is the problem with america's youth today. The sense of entitlement; i bust my butt so i should get rich!! BS!! I have a brother-in-law that does not even have a GED and he quits every job that he gets because they will not pay him at least 10 dollars an hour, not to mention that he fails drug tests at half of them. Without a GED you cannot even get a job at walmart! When will this sense of entitlement end, when people realize that they are not going to receive handouts from B. Hussein Obama< or when all of the jobs that do pay leave country for foreign shores because workers in foreign countries will do it cheaper. All of you complain about GM and the Unions, but look deep into yourselves, how many of you that hate to hear my comments on this matter would happily reap the benefits offered to the GM employees (not that I am saying that they deserve them) if you had a job that the Unions ran the game? Look at the financial mess that America is in right now, shouldn't we be more concerned in figuring out how to save our economy rather than complaining that the y fry cook at McDonalds does not make $45,000 a year.

13aeparish(669 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Just because someone does not have an education does not make them stupid. School isn't for everyone.

Sure, someone who has not furthered their education might not be qualified for your job... but are you qualified for theirs?

And if you're going to say that someone who doesn't have an education shouldn't expect to make as much as a CEO... explain to me why a high school drop out can turn around and make millions by being a musician. It's all about effort, hard work, and unfortunately, who you know.

14city_dweller(194 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

It's not about hard work, education, importance, risk, dedication, or any other altruistic gauge of a person or a job. It's about how we (sometimes arbitrarily) choose value and reward certain jobs, which often involve investing, sports, law, medicine, and to a lesser extent, engineering and technology. You can have college degrees in early childhood education, social work, journalism, fine art, literature, various health care fields, and dozens of other careers and still never expect to make more than $30,000-$40,000 a year.

Typically, careers that involve the care of other people are among the lowest paid. It's not because those jobs aren't as important -- they're vitally important -- it's because as a society, we've chosen not to reward that kind of work.

Of course, the common capitalistic response is always, "Well, if you want to make money, don't become X,Y, or Z." But the fact is, not everyone can be a lawyer or a doctor, or an accountant. We need people to pick up trash, sell us our clothes, serve take care of our children and elderly, drive our kids to school, make our clothes, pick our food, and do the 10 million other job that barely pay dirt. And the fact that millions of people prefer to work with the elderly or not go to school, or make choices that don't promise boundless income should not mean they are condemned to a life of poverty. Anyone who works hard and does their job well, regardless of what that job is, should get paid a living wage. And $7-$10 in today's society hardly meets that description.

15gistol(72 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

fleeytown, Having a degree or 2 degrees does not entitle you to be arrogant and criticize those that did not follow the exact path you did. First of all, I know people that have 2 degrees and end up bartending b/c they cannot find a job, or that they are 'overqualified', a term many employers use to not higher someone at a higher wage, instead hiring newbies at low wages. Secondly, I agree with the posters that say the lower-wage earners typically work harder. There are way too many examples of this to name from healthcare to the auto industry.
Bottom line is that if somebody is waking up everyday, working, then who are you to criticize their profession? They are giving up 40+ hours a week of their life, time away from their family, and contributing to taxes. Who cares if they mop the floors or design the building?
Until you walk a mile in someone else's shoes, then you do not know what opportunities they had available to them. Like I said in an earlier post... some people may be single parents and can only work flexible hours. Maybe they have parents to care for. Maybe they are in a boat of having bills to pay that require working 2 jobs leaving no time for a formal education. Whatever the reason, the bottom line is that they are working. Your brother-in-law is another story as you claim he does not work. I give respect to anybody that works. Whether you are a Janitor or a Surgeon, if you work you deserve applause.
Oh, and fleeytown... one more thing to you, just because you hold a degree does not give you 'entitlement' to judge those who do not. It's a shame schools do not teach common sense and common courtesy.

16leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

first of all I do have an education I did have a better paying job but like alot of ppl in this area I lost that good paying job so dont knock ppl who are trying to make a living that is just igronant on your part!!!!!I work hard at my job very hard I owrk 40 plus hours every damn week!! and sorry I had children and no i didnt pop out 10 damn kids your just showing your igronance. I don't sit on my a** and do nothing I dont collect welfare I bought a h ouse yes I did BUT DIDN'T EXPECT THE DOWN FALL LIKE IT DID!!! and sure ppl with higher education yes should get paid more but all i was trying to say is SOME PPL BUST THERE A**ES and are not getting paid what they should AND AS FAR AS COMPLAINING ABOUT PAY CUT I NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED I WAS JUST MEANING THAT I TOOK A PAY CUT AND I AM HAPPY TO HAVE A JOB NEVER SAID I WASN'T BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BASH PPL ON HERE TRYING TO BETTER THERE SELFS AND TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF THERE FAMILIES thats just plain down igronant!!!!!!!

17aeparish(669 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Why don’t you try to actually read what I wrote before going crazy?

I never said you were sitting at home on your butt -- I just said that there are people out there that do. If you are really a hard worker who is busting their butt to take care of a family, then you of all people should know and should be frustrated with the fact that there are people that sit at home all day and do nothing aside from expect you and me to work so they can receive that welfare check.

And when I said education, I meant higher education, which you addressed in your earlier comment by saying that it would be “nice to be able to get.” It is able to get -- there, once again, are loans, etc. out there available in order for you to achieve that goal if you really want it. Secondly, I was exaggerating with the 10 kids thing. However, kids require a lot of expenses, so yes, I do firmly believe that you should have your finances and such straightened out before planning a family. And I know that crap happens and it gets in the way, like foreclosure, job loss, etc. It's terrible and awful, but there are so many people out there (not saying you) that have brought it upon themselves.

And I didn’t say you were complaining about your pay cut. I said IF you were complaining about a pay cut, because it was difficult to tell whether or not you were complaining through a typed sentence.

So don’t tell me that I’m ignorant before you jump to conclusions about the things I said. If I was bashing anyone, it was the low life people that you and I both seem to be frustrated about. So if anything, don’t you think we’re kind of on the same page?

18leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

look i'm not here to go back and forth bashing and arguing the only point i was trying to make was, some of US do bust our butts and some of us did at one time have better paying jobs, and in this area its hard to find anything to pay above min. wage and as far as loans go well that would be nice but when you dont have enough to pay what u have to kind of hard to get loans yes I know there are special loans out there but most have to be paid back(and they should be paid back ) but I know where your coming from and then its kind of hard to go back to school when you have to work 40 plus hours to make enough to at least pay ur mortage and utlities(theres so many hours in a day) and to be there for your children what little time you do have is spent on your children because we have to work so many hours, I just think it's very frustrating as you said for those of us who bust our butts and then you have to hear someone saying yea I dont work i have my boyfriend living with me he works and then you find out yea boyfriend works lives with them and to boot they collect welfare and don't tell them someone is living with them that burns me then when others need a lil help they can't get it its ppl like that that make it impossible for others who really need help not able to. there are alotttt of ppl pulling that crap and again I understand its hard but if were out there busting our butts trying then u have ppl ripping off the system its burns me bad!! and its true wage goes up its not really going to help as it was said earlier wage goes up then prices for everything else go up so your still no better off. I agree kids require alot and yes finances should be in order before you decide to have children so as I said earlier I'm not on here to argue or bash I just think its a damn shame we work hard (well not all) and not everyone is paid what they should be paid and Its not fair to others who have earned rasies by doing there jobs good to lose what they have worked hard to earn raises are earned and to have them taken away is just bs. But I am happy to have my job.So sorry if I got offended about your comment but your right most are frustrated! have a good one!:)

19computer_rick(137 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

To FLEEYTown...

Your reasoning is sound, I mean as far as your login ID goes. Flee for a decent job, a decent pay, for a decent education (seriously, how many out of work YSU grads do you know?).

I believe that the point you may be missing is, in the USA, the disparity between the wage a CEO earns, and his rank and file employees is greater than most other tier one Countires. i.e. Japan, Germany, Canada, etc.

Why do these CEOs deserve this much larger pay? I would offer up that it is certainly not due to any inherently greater business acumen that they bring to the table. And not just the CEO's, but senior executives as well. Case in point, the execs who received multi million dollar golden parachutes, some of whom had been working for their companies for only a few months, when the Wall Street collapse occured. By the way, with their education and pay, this should not have happened. With what they are paid, would it not also follow that they would be sufficiently involved in assuring the success of their companies that incidents such as Enron, et.al. should never have taken place at all?

Perosnally, I worked for Novell when Eric Schmidt left. The new CEO made 5 mill a year salary, and bonuses, and lost market share and profit each year, over year, for the next five years he was in place (the new CEO).

Should not a five million dollar salary assure performance? OR is the CEO simply being paid due to education? What reason are you trying to use? "Education assures income" or, "performance assures income".

Personally, I do not begrudge Bill Gates or Eric Schmidt their wealth. They earned it. They built the companies, and have made stockholders very wealthy. At what point does executive compensation become a matter of "pay them that, because that is the average pay for that position"?

By the way, the average YSU full professor makes just 10k less per year than the average Harvard full professor. This is because HR departments use the same formula that you seem to be espousing. "The same position is worth the same amount wherever you are". And lets forget about what your performnace is.

I certainly do understand your need to vent. After all, Youngstown is awful, the unions, crooked government, crooked police (you choose one here________) are to blame.

Have a nice day.

20computer_rick(137 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

And before I get flamed for my final paragraph, I am just kidding about the "crooked government, crooked police" thing. Also..., there are no longer any crooked judges, and there is no longer any reason for there to be as many FBI Special Agents stationed in Youngstown as in Columbus Ohio. It is just that it is so "convenient..."....

;)

21xytown(63 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Don't worry when Obama takes office in January and kicks off his socialism plan he will spread the wealth to all and you won't have to work anyway...

NOBAMA!

22scrooge(563 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

People complain that the minimum wage is too low but they don't see the trickle down effect the increase will have. I'm not talking about less people to do more work-that was spelled out by Nemienz. I mean the people who were making $7.30 now want (deserve) a raise so they go to $7.75 we'll say. Now that group making $7.75 and under is pissed so they want a raise...and so on....and so on....and so on.
Minimum wage jobs are entry level-no skill jobs. People get them to become skilled enough to get out of them.
As stated by someone earlier-it's all relative. Do you really think a business owner is going to absorb the wage increase?
WE are all paying for the increase with higher prices.

23XFilesX(77 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

I am not shocked by these comments here but I cannot believe how high and mighty you sound. It is quite obvious that many of you have never been in the others shoes. I have been on both sides of this and until you have, you have no right to judge. Until you know the individual who is making that particular paycheck, shut up. Things happen to everyone that alters their course of life. Unexpected tragedy occurs. Or maybe they just can't go to school. Maybe they just don't want to. I am in a field where I could further my education and make more money. BUT, I have no desire to go through the BS it would take to do so. Without explaining myself, the things I would have to endure are, TO ME, intolerable and not worth it at this point in my life. Even though people are in positions above me are doing that job worse than I could do it and I sometimes carry them. This is MY choice. Something I live with every day. And in this economy, I could lose my job and cut my income by $5-8/hour in a blink of an eye. So to the minimum wage workers here on the board, I have been where you are, and I understand. Don't feel you need to justify to anyone your life choices. Take care of your family and your business and be happy.

24JeffLebowski(953 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

X-So what you're saying is that you don't want to work for more money but you'll accept it in the form of a wage increase, right?

25scrooge(563 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

I'm confused by X's comment as well.
He has a job and gets an hourly wage that appraers to be well above minimum ("I could lose my job and cut my income by $5-8/hour in a blink of an eye.") could make more but is basically lazy.
So X, what does the minimum wage have to do with your comment? Are you saying you like the idea of an artificial floor for wages in case you lose your job?
Minimum wage is the starting point. If you excel at your job you will either be recruited by other companies (for higher wage) or given advancement/bonus/raises, etc. While I realize there are exceptions, most cases these jobs are filled by high school/college kids. We've seen it time and time again - a minimum wage worker ends up CEO of the company.
Heck lets just mandate that everyone should make at least $30K a year......not enough? how about $40?..50? As I said before, it's all relative. The minimum wage is an artificial floor. $7.30 today was $3.35 in the 70s, and may be $12.50 in 2020-who knows

26ldchian(56 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

who would have ever thought it, but i agree with both of oldmangrump's comments.

as for fleeytown, ya know, flee, i get really tired of hearing people with college educations talk as if they are superior to someone who came out of high school and immediately went to work. so for the eight years you were hidden away earning your "advanced degree" and drinking beer through a funnel, another guy was contributing to society, providing goods or services, supporting his family, paying his taxes and busting his ass.

who are you to look down your nose at anyone because you're more educated? and how dare you put a price on what another man does for his living? and after reading several of your posts, well, i have to say you sure don't write like a person with an advanced degree, hot shot.

27leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Thank You Thank You !!!! there isn't anyone else who comments on this board any better, We all are trying to make a living and provide for our families So to look down on ANYBODY who is trying to make a living is igronance on their part not all of us are bums, losers, and freeloaders we are doing the best we can to take care of our families and I WILL BE GO TO HELL IF ANYONE LOOKS AT ME AS LAZY AND A LOSER I WORK HARD AND TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY SO TO YOU XFilesX THANK YOU!!!!

28leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

wow half my comment got cut off lol anyway thanks to the people who understand that there are those of use who work hard to provide for our children and do the best we can I am not asking for a hand out and i'm not asking to be given anything I have not earned!!!!And ldchian thank you!!! you all have a good one~~~

29scrooge(563 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

ever seen the people working the drive thru? Using the headset, taking money and making change, and sometimes bagging the food too.
I seriously don't think I can do that

30XFilesX(77 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Hey Jeff & Scrooge: You two don't have a clue at all about me or about the work I do. I can be I work in a profession that is harder to do physically and mentally than either of you and BOTH of you combined. Lazy? What the heck would you know about it? You don't. Your problem is you ASSUME and you don't like the fact that I didn't jump on the band wagon and slam the minimum wage worker. I enjoy a very comfortable income. I chose to not further my education and advance because I am comfortable where I am. My spouse and I are well-off enough that I can do as I please and so can they. I chose to work hard and "clock out" on time 99% of time time and leave my job at home and have a social life. Those above me work over every day about an hour or so and get called at home. Not for me. You also don't have a clue TRULY whether I am a man or a woman. All your ASSUMPTIONS. How truly intriguing you both are. You are a disgrace.

31JeffLebowski(953 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Honestly X, what's your point? Your most recent post is even more convoluted than your initial one. I didn't jump to any conclusions about your occupation because a.) I don't care what you do for a living, and b.) your posts are confusing to the point that I have no idea what you are even talking about yet alone what your occupation is.

"My spouse and I are well-off enough that I can do as I please and so can they." That's great but who are they?

I've pieced some things together from your posts and have made a deduction (different from an assumption, mind you) regarding your occupation. Given your writing "style" (see above) you are clearly a writer for the Vindicator...you made a career choice and based on your initial post apparently feel that putting forth effort is “intolerable”, don't blame me (and Scrooge) for that.

Also, enjoy your extra $0.30 per hour.

32XFilesX(77 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

LMFAO! Writer for the Vindicator?! Wow, you ARE off your rocker. But then again, your name says it all.

33aeparish(669 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

Wow X. A writer for the Vindicator. What an insult!

34JeffLebowski(953 comments)posted 5 years, 8 months ago

It is, in fact, my real name. I had been so named long before the film came out.

All fun and games aside I seriously want to understand your point. Can you elaborate?