Lost deer beaten to death with a board

Published: Mon, December 14, 2009 @ 11:52 p.m.

SEBRING — A deer was beaten to death in daylight with a board after it wandered into the city.

“Things got out of control,” said Jamey Graham, a wildlife communications specialist for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources based in Akron.

The killing occurred shortly before noon Dec. 2 in the 100 block of West Ohio Avenue.

The deer had gone into a three-sided box created by a building and two extending walls.

Left alone, the deer probably would have ventured off, Graham said.

But instead of leaving the deer be, an undetermined number of people began to gather.

For the complete story, see Tuesday's Vindicator and Vindy.com

Related Story: Lost deer beaten to death with a board

Comments

1saysithowitiz(98 comments)posted 5 years ago

Nothing like the annual "Deer Beatdown" in Sebring!

2greyhorse(36 comments)posted 5 years ago

That is about the stupidest thing I have heard of lately.. if you told me it was a dog running loose AND biting people I would cheer- but deer are generally harmless.

3picturethis(18 comments)posted 5 years ago

Don't have car problems and wander away from your car in Sebring! lol

4redox(55 comments)posted 5 years ago

Elderly people should look out. Whatever you do, do not get lost or disoriented.

5Lifesnadir(164 comments)posted 5 years ago

DISGUSTING!

I hope the police catch every person who was involved! ALL should get JAIL time, regardless of their ages.

Just sickening!!! Poor thing. It was probably so frightened... then to spend its last minutes being beaten. Just disgusting behavior.

Where is the nearest Judge? hope he or she gives them all stiff penalties and jail.

6VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 5 years ago

Word is the deer was a victim of a drug deal gone bad.

7Ginger76(178 comments)posted 5 years ago

And yet another reason I generally like my dogs better than most people.

8peacelover(791 comments)posted 5 years ago

How would these people (and I use the term loosely) like it if they got lost somewhere and an unruly mob beat them all to death with a board in a violent and tortuous manner? This story sickens and disgusts me.

9Ginger76(178 comments)posted 5 years ago

this is really disgusting.

Only monsters do these types of things. Makes you wonder what else they are capable of.

10VINDYAK(1799 comments)posted 5 years ago

I have 7 deer that regularly visit my property. I will advise them to avoid Sebring!

11ojanet22(134 comments)posted 5 years ago

It's that "Lord of the Flies" mob mentality. Horrifying! It's no wonder none of these barbarians wanted to be identified.

12captainlinger(623 comments)posted 5 years ago

vindyak, i think you're right about the drug deal. heard he tried to keep the "doe".

13YSUPenguin(30 comments)posted 5 years ago

This is sick and horrible. Any person who could beat a defenseless, innocent animal deserves the same. This world is a very sad place.

14Ginger76(178 comments)posted 5 years ago

I really hope they get caught.

Pure evil.

15Ginger76(178 comments)posted 5 years ago

“Things got out of control,”

I am a bit curious about this comment in the article.

16DragonFly664(198 comments)posted 5 years ago

WHAT A BUNCH OF STUPID PEOPLE!!!! I hope they are all proud of themselves! IDIOTS

17aeparish(669 comments)posted 5 years ago

Harmless, my ass. You should see what one did to my car a couple of months ago. Psh.

18Viewpoint(89 comments)posted 5 years ago

It never ceases to amaze me just how cruel some people can be to other living creatures.

19Ginger76(178 comments)posted 5 years ago

You libs believe deer are like Bambi. Cartoons aren't reality.They're wild, dangerous, vicious animals. Grow up you fools.
---------------
Nothing to do with politics.

way to be a big tough guy and take out your SHORT comings on a defenseless animals.
Pathetic reasoning.

20pci510(105 comments)posted 5 years ago

One place I would not want to live in because if they treat animals this way what would they do to humans ?? Wouldn't want to know or find out should a person come to that city to visit and stop to look at a map near a building.
These people who did this need to be booked and then have counseling for at least 2 years. I live in an area where there is deer and never had a problem with them at all because when you walk near them they motivate away from you.

21Ginger76(178 comments)posted 5 years ago

I ran with my dog this morning...saw 3 deer, no vicious deer attacks to report here.

22Ginger76(178 comments)posted 5 years ago

so you are condemning beating a trapped deer to death with a board? say this out loud, maybe it will make more sense this way.....

abortion debate baiting...classic tactic.

23Ginger76(178 comments)posted 5 years ago

Big talk...little man.

Be gone.

24Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years ago

There are plenty of deer visiting Youngstown every night and no attacks against them have been reported . Perhaps the deer should have visited at night ? Has anyone studied what the crime rate is in Sebring ?

25woolyd(579 comments)posted 5 years ago

Attaqcking this deer was plain stupid. For those of you have had your cars damaged by deer could it possibly be due to the fact we have taken wooded areas, dug them out and built businesses and homes which has taken from their habitat.
USA1 you sound like a beetch with your comments. Maybe "the culture" Stan talks about will get to you.

26Lifes2Short(3878 comments)posted 5 years ago

Yep, these fools are so tough, attacking a trapped deer....what a bunch of stupid idiots!

27Ginger76(178 comments)posted 5 years ago

The deer must be packin some serious heat...watch your back... girl.

28ojanet22(134 comments)posted 5 years ago

USA1 should change his name to PARTIAL BIRTHABORTION since that's all he can rant about!!!!! Stay on topic, D.B.

29AXLE69(181 comments)posted 5 years ago

Yea, USA1/Pro Conservaterican likes to see deer killed and doctors murdered by the whacky pro-life killers.Typical conservative hypocrisy.Murder is a-ok if it fits their agenda so a doctor who performs an abortion to save the mothers life deserves to be gunned down worshipping in his church.Fools.

30Brighteyes(3 comments)posted 5 years ago

OH MYGOD! What if that had been a child who had gotten lost. Sounds like those people in Sebring are IDIOTS. There is soemthing in the STATE OF OHIO called a GAME WARDEN. I know that deer can damage cars or trucks if they run into them. But to beat one to death with a board. HANG YOUR HEADS IN SAME. I HOPE YOU GET PUNISHED. If not here on earth - then with your maker. Yes I agree. Quit INBREEDING.

31captainlinger(623 comments)posted 5 years ago