Commissioner Polivka jailed on domestic complaint

Published: Fri, August 21, 2009 @ 4:10 p.m.

HOWLAND — Trumbull County Commissioner Daniel Polivka is in custody after a reported domestic dispute.

Howland Police Chief Paul Monroe said Polivka was arrested at about 1 p.m. today at the Howland Library on East Market Street after his wife contacted police to report the incident.

“His wife alleged that he committed an act of violence against her,” Monroe said. He said the incident happened at The Old Avalon Golf Course on East Market Street in Howland.

Polivka, 46, of Country Club Drive South in Warren, was taken to Trumbull County jail for processing.

Elected in 2004, Polivka is serving his second term as county commissioner. He served as 5th Ward Councilman from 1983 to 1987 and Councilman at Large from 1988 to 2004.

Comments

1Stan(9923 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

During this hot weather tempers flare . I hope that both Dan and his wife reconcile over this matter .

2gmann415(268 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

the wife was probably running off at the mouth and saying nasty things and he probably figured you know what, you want to talk a mean game and get nasty now im going to smack you. why wasnt she taken in for maby starting the fight. i mean no one just smacks people around for no reason at all. thats the problem with these ladies. they get to be nasty and everything else and then they cry boo hoo poor me.

3Attis(864 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Danny Boy, your days as an elected official and married man are thankfully numbered. No man who beats a woman should ever be permitted to hold public office.

4gypsygirl720(186 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

"NO ONE", ever knows what goes on 'behind closed doors'.

Anyone that presumes to post on This site, should either learn proper English or use spell check.

@STAN: agreed. Tempers do flare.
@gmann415: ???? Are you strange, or is it me?
@Attis: agreed.
~~~~Best to you all.

5Ianacek(891 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

I don't see any facts in the story which could allow anyone to make a judgement . Let's just let justice take its course & presume him innocent until then .

6TheLostPatrol(755 comments)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

My speculation is it may have gone like this. She probably didn't have enough cash to get her high-end import SUV washed and detailed, so she went there to get a twenty, and he may have said," I just gave you fifty before I went out the door so that you could get your nails (and a pedicure) done! all I have is forty bucks and I'm shooting eighteen today. Then she probably said, you're a pig, you wouldn't buy me that Coach Purse yesterday, but you could come out here and have a few beers with the boys, you're a real SOB, and I'm going to go out with the girls and see my old boyfriend, maybe he'll appreciate me more." Sounds to me like another spoiled......

7ThomasAquinas(1 comment)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

His wife apparently cheated on him with the man she was golfing with and he didn't touch her apparently (-from a friend who works at the gold course).

8bocaraton(1 comment)posted 4 years, 11 months ago

Listen people, you NEVER believe what the newspapers print. Don't you know that by now? You don't know the whole story so don't make make accusations. I know both of them, and the wife has been a lying cheat for years. She's an habitual liar and causes nothing but TROUBLE for Danny. I hope he gets rid of her, he deserves a lot better. Keep your chin up Danny, we know the truth.