Woman gets probation for having sex with minor boys in 2008

Published: Mon, April 20, 2009 @ 4:55 p.m.

WARREN — An 18-year-old woman who pleaded guilty to having sex with two minor boys in July 2008 will spend two years on probation.

Shawna A. Conn, whose most recent address was on Charles Avenue in Warren, appeared today in Trumbull County Common Pleas Court before Judge Peter Kontos for sentencing.

The judge sentenced her to concurrent 60-day terms in jail, but those sentences were suspended.

Conn must register as a Tier 1 sexual offender, which means she must register with the sheriff’s department with a verified address for 15 years.

For the complete story, see Tueday’s Vindicator and Vindy.com

Comments

1gmann415(268 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

this is no lie. us guys would of been hung with no questions asked. however, why is it the adults who only get in trouble? why not the kids, i mean they do know better dont they?

2Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

"An 18-year-old woman who pleaded guilty to having sex with two minor boys in July 2008"

Such a voracious sexual appetite!

What kind of a sentence would a 18 year old boy have gotten with a teen underage girl? Would it have been two years on probation?

3wearepack(26 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

How old were the boys? They all could have been seniors in high school. I'm wondering how she got called out for it in the first place. I don't know too many young men who would rat out their 18-year-old girlfriend for sex.

4TheCritic(23 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

Male or female, an 18 year old does not deserves to be labeled a sexual offender for having sex with another teenager!

5paulydel(1320 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

When I went to school all my teachers where old with a couple of exceptions. Maybe I can go back and get re-eduemacated again.

6worried(19 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

This is crazy my nephews father got 5-10 years for having sex with a minor when he was 18. And now my nephew hasn't seen his dad in 7 years. And he could have been out but he refuses to take the sex offender class because he is not an offender, he was a teenager having sex with another teenager. But this girl gets 2 years probation. What a joke!!

7Eric(196 comments)posted 5 years, 7 months ago

I think generally the sentences are lighter for women because the crime is considered much less severe when the victim is a boy. I would like to see the whole article, where it will say the boys' ages. Under Ohio's law, she had to be at least 4 years older than the boys to be convicted of statutory rape (unless she was an authority figure, but I doubt that applied in this case). This puts the boys around 13 or 14. Not that that matters much. Admittedly, I know many 13 and 14 year old boys who would love to get their hands on an 18 year old women.