• The Girard High School Athletic Boosters will meet at 8 p.m. Wednesday in the high school cafeteria.
• East High School Alumni will meet at 9 a.m. Sept. 30 at Denny’s in Boardman.
• AAUW Gourmet of Youngstown will meet for a luncheon at 1 p.m. Sept. 25 at Bruno’s in Poland. Hostess will be Ruth Wilcox Cruise.
• Casa Savoia will meet at 12:30 Wednesday at Rotelli’s in Boardman. Yearly books will be passed out. On the committee are Flora Acconcia and Mary Sinesio.
• Chapter CE of the PEO Sisterhood will meet at noon Wednesday at A La Cart in Canfield for a luncheon. The program is “Too Small to Ignore,” and the speaker is Ruth Williams. Hostesses are Dorothy Soles and Evelyn Bosley.
• The Girard OldTimers will meet at Lamancusa Restaurant, Trumbull Road, at 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
• Kent State University Mothers Club will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday for dinner at the Gatsby Restaurant, 54 Westchester Drive, Austintown. “Through the Years With KSU” will be the program theme. Hostesses will be Agatha Fabiny, Sara Smith and Kathy Furgan. Prospective members are welcome. For more information or reservations contact Jo Ann Ellis, (330) 755-3976.
• Mahoning Valley Cribbage Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at St. James Church, 7640 Glenwood Ave., Boardman. New players are welcome. For more information call (330) 757-9503.
• Mahoning Valley Stamp Club will present an annual stamp show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 20 and 21 at St. Anne Ukrainian Catholic Church, 4310 Kirk Road, Austintown. Admission is free.
• The McDonald Arts and Crafts Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday in the senior citizens room, post office building.
• Salem Slovak Club, 313 S. Ellsworth Road, Salem, will host seminars at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday on Medicare basic plans, supplements, and long-term care plans for retirees who have lost their health-care coverage. Reservations are to be made with Nick Pupino, (330) 757-6065.
• Youngstown Torch Club will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday at Bresnahan Suite in Kilcawley Center, on the campus of Youngstown State University. Dinner will be at 6 and the program at 7 will feature Paul Rohrbaugh, who will speak on “The Cleveland Air Races.” Guests are welcome. For reservations call (330) 792-7351.
• Youngstown Panhellenic will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Rosetta Stone Caf , 110 Federal Plaza West, for dinner and a business session.
• NAACP, 3119 Market St., Suite 206, will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday for election of a nominating committee. The nominating committee report will be presented at the 6 p.m. Oct. 14 meeting, and election of officers and at-large members of the executive committee will take place Nov. 11
• Holborn Herb Growers Guild will meet Tuesday at Colonial Inn at the Canfield Fairgrounds. Claudia DiRienzo will present a program, “Make Salves and Tinctures.” Hostesses will be Karen Sprague, Doreen Cavaliere, Margie Williams and Becky Fiddler.
• Canfield Junior Women’s League will meet at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Antone’s on West Boulevard in Boardman. The fine arts department will host the meeting, and the program theme will be “Enthusiastic Heart and Hands.” Guests are welcome. For membership information contact Cari Needs, (330) 502-5938.
• The public is invited when the Friends of the Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County has a general membership meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Boardman Library. In addition to the meeting, Paul L. Gentile, author of “Dolce Far Niente — Sweet Doing Nothing: A Journey Through the Italian Countryside,” will give a PowerPoint picture presentation.
• WIlliam Farr Lodge will meet at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Girard Masonic Temple. 34 S. State Street.
• The McDonald Knights of Columbus will meet at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the K of C Hall, Illinois Avenue.
• St. Rose Quilting Group will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the parish house.
SBlt Youngstown Council of Catholic Nurses will meet at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at The Manor, 314 S. Canfield-Niles Road. Monsignor Peter Polando will conduct a memorial Mass.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at The Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St.
• D.A.R.E., a social group for divorced, widowed or separated people, has planned the following events: Monday, bike riding on Kirk Road, Austintown, at 6:30 p.m.; Tuesday, dance lessons with Judy Conti at Wedgewood Plaza at 7 p.m., cost $5; Wednesday, walk in Mill Creek from state Route 224, Boardman at 6 p.m.; Thursday, meeting at church for small group discussion at 7:30; and Sept. 19 cheap movies in Boardman at 6:30. For more information call (330) 759-7409, (330) 757-1440 or (330) 793-1484.
• Single for Any Reason has planned the following events: Tuesday, newsletter deadline; Wednesday, eat at Mary M’s, Parkman Road, Warren, at 6:30; Sept. 19, golf at Champion Links in Warren at 10 a.m. or steak fry and cards at 6 p.m.; and Sept. 20, dancing at Niles Moose, 1240 Main St., from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Cost $5 cover. For more information call (330) 372-7124.
• Alzheimer’s Assistance and Referral Network, 4212 Market St., Youngstown, has scheduled the following meetings: Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Girard Library, 105 Propect St., Girard; Wednesday at 7 p.m. at St. Paul Church, 2860 Market St., Warren; Thursday, at 6 p.m. at Sunrise Assisted Living, 335 W. McKinley, Poland; and Friday at 10 a.m. at Canfield Christian Church, 123 Broad St., Salem.
SBlt Crisis Shelter of Lawrence County, 1218 W. State St., New Castle, will sponsor a domestic violence peer support group meeting from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sept. 22 at the shelter. Meetings will be the first and fourth Tuesday of each month. For more information call (724) 652-9206, ext. 123.
SBlt GriefShare Recovery Support Group meets at 7 p.m. each Tuesday at the Greenford Christian Church, 11767 Lisbon Road, Greenford. For information or reservations for child care, call (330) 533-3278, ext. 210. DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids also meet at 7 p.m. each Tuesday at the church.
• Living Free, a Bible-based 12-step program for those faced with daily struggles, will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at God’s Recovery Hut, 8590 Hitchcock Road.
• Mahoning Valley Fibromyalgia Support Group will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at Bethel Lutheran Church, 425 Crestview, Boardman. For more information call (330) 758-8413 or (330) 565-7187.
• Survivors of Suicide in Columbiana County will meet from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Columbiana County Counseling Center on state Route 154, and Survivors of Suicide in Mahoning County will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Disciples of Christ Church, 565 Boardman-Canfield Road, Boardman. For more information call (330) 747-2696.
• Recovery International, a self-help mental-health group, will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at Christ Church Presbyterian, 1933 Canfield Road, Boardman. For more information, call (330) 747-1176.
• TOPS 327 will meet Monday at Christ Church Presbyterian, 1933 Canfield Road, Boardman. Weigh-in is from 6:15 to 6:45 p.m. followed by the meeting at 7. The first meeting is free. Guests are welcome. For information call (330) 793-4378 or (330) 757-9368.
• TOPS 698, Girard, will meet Monday at First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway. Weigh-in is from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. followed by the meeting at 7. New members are welcome; the first night is free. For information call (330) 394-1262 or (330) 545-4770.
• TOPS 822, Struthers, will meet Tuesday at Struthers Presbyterian Church, 110 Poland Ave. Weigh-in will be from 6 to 6:30 p.m. prior to the meeting.
• TOPS 1237, Austintown, will meet Thursday at Idaho Road Alliance Church, 250 Idaho Road, across from Frank Ohl Middle School. Weigh-in is from 5 to 5:30, p.m., followed by the meeting until 6:30. For further information, call (330) 758-4923.
• TOPS 1262, McDonald, will meet Wednesday in the senior citizens room at the post office building. Weigh-in is from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., and the meeting will follow. New members are welcome.
• TOPS OH 1497, Austintown, will meet from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday at Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Niles Canfield Road. New members are welcome; the first meeting is free. For more information, call (330) 759-4737.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars, Triangle Post 2799 Men’s Auxiliary, will meet at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the post home.
• Club news is published Friday and Saturday. Please submit information about upcoming activities to the Society Department by 5 p.m. Thursday.