Strock Stone House
Built in 1831 by William Strock on 200 acres.
Address: 7171 Mahoning Avenue east of the Meander Reservoir.
House is believed to have been a stop on the Underground Railroad. Runaway slaves seeking freedom were given temporary shelter in the cellar.
Consists of 11 rooms, the cellar and an adjacent barn.
Artifacts: Printing press and type, quilts, men and women’s clothing from the 1800s, furniture, toys.
Operated by the Austintown Historical Society since 1991.
Public tours: First Sunday of every month, free of charge. Donations are accepted. No reservations are required.
Private tours: Available free of charge. Reserve by calling the historical society at (330) 799-8051.