City man acquitted in murder case

Published: Tue, October 14, 2008 @ 8:58 p.m.

photo

Reginald Gilchrist

YOUNGSTOWN — A jury has found a 26-year-old city man innocent of charges that he aided three other people in killing Demar L. Flores on March 17, 2008.

Reginald Gilchrist Jr. of Mistletoe Avenue could have gotten life in prison if convicted of complicity to aggravated murder. The jury also found him innocent of complicity to aggravated robbery.

For more on this story, see Wednesday’s Vindicator or vindy.com

Comments

1MrReggie(15 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Dear Mr. Lost Patrol man, I just want to thank you for all of the love and support. Lol dont be mad because your judicial system found me innocent. Its your system not mine, so are you saying that you dont belive in the law? Also you dont know me and further Im an innocent man I make way more money than you Legally and police officers like you are what make people hate law enforcement. I'll never go to prison a day in my life, and I love the american judicial system. Sincerely Reggie. P.S. I love you lostpatrolman A.K.A Officer Smitty

2Maruice(7 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

LOSTpatrol. It's low lifes' like you who breed contempt and prejudiceness amongst different race's as well as against slimy, cops! If you are, in fact, in the justice system, maybe you should take a refresher course in the article wich states that all men are innocent until proven guilty and not vice-versa! Furthermore, the gentleman that you so candidly still accuse, ( statement:"cohorts") was found innocent! Days following the crime, Mr. Charles Smith, who was the actual offender, admitted to the crime. How would you feel if one of your associates committed a heinous crime unbeknownst to you, and after having to deal with all of that crap in your mind, having to deal with fatuous slime balls such as your self! The role could have just as easily been reversed and you would've been in just as much pain and dispare as Mr. Reggie. Perhaps you may concider changing your user name from Lost patrol to LOST SOUL!

3Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Reggie should renumerated for all his pain and suffering . How much are you going to sue for Reggie ? I am sure that Demar harbours no ill feelings and wouldn't mind your making a buck or two .

4Maruice(7 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Look Mr Reggie, TWO morons! Isn't Demar deceased?

5Maruice(7 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Dear Stan, I just have a few things to say to you. You are right I should be componsated for my pain and suffering for the simple fact that I had no parts of this ridiculous murder of an 18 year child that I never have met and tried to save the boys life. First and foremost rest in peace Demar, your family and friends will surely miss you. If there was anything that I couldve done besides step in front of some hot bullets i wouldve. Also Mr. Stan their is only one person that is either alive or not in prison that really knows what happened, and guess who that is..... Me. I want you to know that I am not a killer, Ive never robbed anyone a day in my life, and Im not that type of person. What i went through was terrible, and by the grace of god I am hear to tell you about it. The first thing that I suggest to you is that you do more research before you pass judgement. Do you know that your lead detectives stated on tape, to tell the mastermind of the whole crime to lie on me and say that if he makes it seem like he was robbed as well. That if would make the case sound better? Did you know that? Im sure that you didnt. Dont believe everything that this or any other newspaper writes because its biased to an certain extent. Also I am a former employee of the vindicator and they still continue to slander me for no reason, when Im a innocent man. And the reason why I refused to testify on Charles Smith is because the same prosecutor who tried to give me life in prison is the same one who inturn needed me. So why would I help him when Ive been innocent all along? But I appreciate your concern and love. Their is no hard feelings as well. I also want you to know that this whole ordeal caused me to lose everything, but by god's grace I got it all back. God bless you and take care. Sincerely Reggie Gilchrist

6Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Maruice:

Interesting . You logged in as Maruice but you signed the post Sincerely Reggie Gilchrist .

So, are you really Reggie ?

7MrReggie(15 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

No Stan I am Reggie Maurice must of forgotten to log out. We were using the same computer. But like I said I really wish that people would do more research as to what really happened instead of reading what the newspaper says because the paper gets their info 3rd party and was never allowed into the courtroom during the case. So obviously it will be biased, especially because i had gotten into trouble before. Im not a bad person just didnt choose my friends wisely. But its not my job to make anyone including you believe me. As long as God knows Im innocent and I have my freedom Im okay. And yes I really am Reggie. Take care and God bless. Sincerely Reggie Gilchrist

8Maruice(7 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Actually, NO! Just happened to be at the same place of employment. I happen to be Reggie's employer. I belive in God, and do belive that we should all be forgiven for our sins. Although Reggie was innocent, and once again, HAD you been at his trial, you too would understand why he was the only one not convicted...BECAUSE HE WAS INNOCENT!!! However,"Judge ye not, that ye not be judged" is what the GOOD BOOK states. Mr. Reggie is a fine young man, who was wrongfully accused, and is being convicted by people like yourself. He has been given a second chance, and has taken it by the horns, stepped up to the plate and taken innitiative to get a reputable job, take care of his family & pay's his taxes. What is very interesting to me is, even after reading this mans testimony, you found it more important to question his identity instead of taking a moment to empathize as to how you would feel if you were wirlwind'd into the same senerio. Mr. Demar's death was nothing less than a tragedy, and a awful waste of a life. Youngstown has really become a haven for scummy oportunistic parasites. We must all try to come up with a solution and get the city back in good standing, but we must also learn to lead by example. May God continue to bless you and yours abundantly.

9Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Maruice:

"Mr. Reggie is a fine young man, who was wrongfully accused, and is being convicted by people like yourself."

I like hearing the other side of the story . If I sound judgemental at times it is because I am appalled at the loss of young lives in our city . Society tends to judge you on the compamy that you keep . If you are not of strong character you will be corrupted. If you truly do have it within you to influence others to do good then your soul is free of satans grip .

10Maruice(7 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

Mr. Stan, I, like you, am appalled by all of the unessisarry crime, and innocent loss's of life's. There has to be something that we, as a people can come up with to make this town a much better place...but where do we start? As I stated earlier, " lead by example", but no "one" person can do it rite now out of fear of becoming another statistic. On the flip side of that coin, how do we make a statement for change. I am truley open to suggestions, and will galdly step to the front of the line as a pioneer for this change. At times, we become a product of our invironment, so how do we change our invironment?

11MrReggie(15 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

I appreciate that Stan, and god bless you.

12Stan(9923 comments)posted 5 years, 4 months ago

" At times, we become a product of our invironment, so how do we change our invironment?"

The first step is to sever ties with so called friends that are only there for a handout . Check out who is working and prospering . Many work all of their lives and squander all that they make and borrow more . Copy the work ethics of those who are prospering without debt .

Keeping drug and alcohol free is a requirement to live a healthy and prosperous life . Can't quit the drugs and the booze ? Then you are doomed to a life of misery.