Canfield

3 bedroom, 4 bath
$335000

Poland

Residential
3 bedroom, 5 bath
$179900

Officer's blood-alcohol level twice legal limit at time of crash

Published: Mon, June 30, 2008 @ 3:13 p.m.

photo

Robert Deichman YPD offficer killed in traffic accident

YOUNGSTOWN — Detective Sgt. Robert Deichman’s blood alcohol concentration was nearly double the legal limit when he drove an unmarked police car into the side of a semi tractor-trailer and died, crash investigators said.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol was called in to investigate the crash that took place in front of Zorro Trucking, 2755 Salt Springs Road, around 3:25 a.m. June 19. Deichman, traveling in the eastbound lane, hit the side of the truck as it pulled into the roadway to travel westbound. The truck driver, David J. Feliciano, 38, of Austintown was not injured.

The point of impact was one-half mile from Deichman’s apartment on Tyrell Avenue.

The patrol’s report shows that Deichman’s blood alcohol concentration was .158. The legal limit is .08.

Deichman had been out celebrating a fellow officer’s birthday before the crash.

Deichman, 40, was a nine-year veteran of the Youngstown Police Department. He had been assigned to the Accident Investigation Unit.

At the time of the crash, Deichman was off duty but on call — expected to respond in the event of an accident that would require him to investigate.

For details, see Tuesday's Vindicator or www.vindy.com.

Comments

1mouse05(6 comments)posted 6 years ago

how is it that an officer who is on call and using a company vehicle gets away with drinking and driving. if he had done it this time, how many other times had he done it? it is very unfortunate that he had been killed and i feel for his family. i just wonder who is going to pay for the city owned vehicle that he totaled in this accident? are the tax payers going to have to pay for it and him being an accident investigator, you would have thought that he would know better. don't you think that he would have been on the scene of accidents similar to his and had more common sense than to drink and drive. statics say that most accidents happen within 5 miles of your own home. everyone talks about how wonderful he was but guess what, looks can be deceiving. maybe he wasn't as perfect as everyone thought.

2DoctorGonzo(728 comments)posted 6 years ago

Who do you think is going to pay for his vehicle, funeral, and death benefits? The taxpayers. It's Youngstown, the city labor force will always have everything paid for by the taxpayers.

3kblair1055(42 comments)posted 6 years ago

You guys are pathetic. Get a life and get out from behind your computers.

4irritated_one(6 comments)posted 6 years ago

I know that everyone is entitled to an opinion and I certainly don't begrudge that, though ignorance seems to permeate when it comes to this particular subject and how matters are handled in unfortunate situations such as this.

Everyone "assumes" that the tax payers are going to be hit for all the funeral expenses, life insurance, etc. People need to get their facts straight!

First of all, there is tragedy here that yes - a WONDERFUL, OUTSTANDING man of the law had his life lost. Should his loss been put on a pedestal? ABSOLUTELY! For 9 long years this man put his life on the line for you, me, and everyone in the Youngstown area to make our streets safe. He did his call of duty. No one can take that away from him, and it should be rightfully addressed. Was he human? YES! And humans are known to sometimes make poor choices. We face them everyday! Did he make a poor choice with driving that night? Without a doubt, however it was a human error and it happens to ALL of us on a daily basis as major or minor as it may be.

Now - addressing the funeral costs...believe me when I say...the city does not pay for that, in fact, it falls into the responsibility of his widow and her two young children to cope with. Life insurance? Again, there is a widow with 2 children who will receive no benefits from this due to HUMAN error! So to think that the family of the deceased will be sitting on a high pile of money while us Youngstown City taxpayers are burdened with yet more financial demise is just completely foolish! Instead, this poor family is left holding the bag to deal with the loss of a great loved one, and left with the financial responsibility that will follow. So please, when venting about where our tax dollars will be spent on this, educate yourself before shooting at the hip. There are no winners here.

Case closed.

5Eric(196 comments)posted 6 years ago

"WONDERFUL, OUTSTANDING man of the law"??? Tell me this, Irritated-what kind of wonderful, outstanding man of the law consumes enough alcohol to put him 2x over the legal limit, and then drives an unmarked police car, WHILE ON CALL?? What would have happened if he had to respond to a call? He could have caused a collision that would have left many more dead.

No Irritated, this is not simply a poor choice attributable to human error. This is carelessness and lack of respect for peoples' lives, pure and simple. How many accidents do you think he investigated that involved alcohol? Many, I'm sure. Yet this man CHOSE to drink excessively and then drive a police car. I feel for his family, but Deichman himself gets no remorse from me. And I'm sure if instead of hitting that semi he hit one of your loved ones, you would be singing a different tune.

6irritated_one(6 comments)posted 6 years ago

well Eric, that is why you are entitled to an opinion and so am I. He was a wonderful and outstanding person. I am sure through the trials and tribulations of your life (assuming you are old enough to have one) you have made poor choices and in fact, have driven under not so great circumstances too. If you say you havent, then you are only fooling yourself. There are no saints out there. Everyone makes mistakes. Thanfully no one else was hurt...it's a sad loss all around. Let it go.

7karol207(42 comments)posted 6 years ago

Thank you "Irritated One" you are so right! I would NEVER EVER drink and drive now, but I can tell you in my early adult years there were times that I drove after drinking and didn't think anything of it and on top of it all driving a $30,000 car. I can just imagine if God forbid I would of gotten in an accident or worse killed someone. But I learned NOT to do that and (as you know) I wont take a sip of an alcoholic beverage of any kind and get behind the wheel. So, we all make mistakes and this was a horrible tragedy and I wish i could change past and prevent this from happening but I can't. It's not for us to judge, God is doing all the judging. Just let him rest in peace please.

8clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

Geeze, this poor guy is dead, his family is devastated, his police family is devastated and you people are knocking him. I wonder how many among you have NEVER gotten behind the wheel after drinking? Obviously some of you have never suffered a loss yet, much less a tragic one. Remember this, everyone gets their chance in the barrel, there's no way out, we never know how it will come, but it will come. Don't be so quick to judge, show some compassion. This man protected YOU, be decent and protect his memory.

9apollo(1227 comments)posted 6 years ago

Lots of us responsible citizens have never driven impaired. Cops expect respect and yet constantly let us down. As another poster said, if he had killed an innocent person during his drunken and speeding driving, and it was your loved one, would you be calling for this to be toned down? I doubt very much this was his first drunk driving and the guy is a traffic investigator! He died through his own stupidity and having seen traffic accidents involving alcohol, he should have known better. I feel sorry for his family but are they also not partially to blame? Society needs to quit glamorizing alcohol and show its true results. Broken families and the toll in deaths.

10irritated_one(6 comments)posted 6 years ago

Grump..... don't you think that this is a realization that EVERYONE should know better. Just because he was a man of the law, doesn't make him exempt from making a bad decision, and we all have done that, myself included. He paid the ultimate price with his life. Instead of trashing his name because of a bad choice, take it as a learning experience of how precious life truly is and that one decision could take life away. His family is the one that has to hear and read all the ignorant opinions people have. Would you like it if something God-forbid happened to you, and people trashed your good name and bashed you down? I think not. Now his young daughters get to learn about how cruel the community and public can be with their opinions, and see the legacy of THEIR hero, destroyed. Show some discretion and compassion for God's sake!

A little note....there are MANY people that have driven their work vehicles while driving impaired and have not been caught or killed. Again, poor choices made!

RIP Robert

11rex(62 comments)posted 6 years ago

This man was not a "wonderful oustanding man of the law" nor was he a good father and husband. He was a criminal who failed his family. That is his only legacy.

The City of Youngstown needs to take immediate action to recover all costs associated with this man's crimes.

12harley_girl(1 comment)posted 6 years ago

Robert was an outstanding man of the law and his legacy will live on. I guess it's safe to "assume" you don't have any skeletons in your closet. The ignorant comments need to stop for the sake of his girls. I'm sure if one of Robert's mourning fellow officers were standing in front of you the comments wouldn't be made. Stop hiding behind your computers and have some compassion for his family and friends.

13standup4ytown(20 comments)posted 6 years ago

What a sad state of the world when all some can do is try and taint any good memories of a dead man. This is a dead police officer,a son, a father, a husband. You all should be ashamed of yourselves! Call someone on the phone and discuss your "issues" with this if you must, but don't post ingnorant comments about a dead man on a public forum. That is about as low as it gets. There is a family mourning. Let the man rest in peace. Put yourselves in his family's shoes! Right or wrong, good or bad, this man was loved by many. Compassion...is there any left in the world?

God bless all who are hurting and mourning. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

14Eric(196 comments)posted 6 years ago

Okay, I acknowledge people make mistakes, but let's look at the facts: 1)He was 40 years old, certainly old enough to know better 2) He had responsibilities for a wife and children 3) He was a police officer, responsible for investigating accidents 4) And I think the worst part, he was intoxicated while on call.

Look Harley and Irritated, I think the big difference here are the circumstances. If he were a 23 year-old rookie with no other responsibilities, limited life experience, and not on call, I would be more sympathetic. Yes, I made mistakes in my 20s and learned from them. Thankfully I am still around to talk about it. But this man was a seasoned police officer with many responsibilities other than himself. He certainly knew better. So Harley, do you think a wonderful man of the law would go out and drink enough to get a blood alcohol concentration of .158, knowing he could be called at any point to investigate an accident? For a full-grown man to get to that BAC requires more than just a couple of beers. That shows more cockiness than responsibility. And yes, if I were standing in front of his fellow officers I would say the same thing, and any respectable police officer would agree with me. If God forbid one of your loved ones was killed by a drunk driver, would you go to the courthouse and ask for leniency because everyone makes mistakes? I really doubt it. I sincerely hope Mr. Deichman isn't an example of an "outstanding man of the law," because if he is, we are all doomed.

15irritated_one(6 comments)posted 6 years ago

Did you know this man personally? Did he "do" anything personally to you for you to belittle him so harshly? Would you want your children to read such harsh public opinion about your loved one who is deceased? I think not! Think about how his children will feel reading the ignorance of others thoughts on it. I have not, nor do I excuse his irrisponsible behavior....but geez....there are friends and family that are still grieving. Can't you just keep your opinion to yourself?? HE WAS AN OUTSTANDING MAN OF THE LAW....AND I GUESS FOR THAT, YOU ARE DOOMED!

16onlyme(3 comments)posted 6 years ago

First of all I would like to say how badly I feel for his wife and daughters. No matter how bad of a decision he made, his wife and children are left without him and I'm sure they loved him dearly.
Second, there are people out there that have never drank and got behind a wheel of a car. I am one of them. I have been driving for 32 years and am proud to say I have never done such a thing and never will. I've had a few good friends die due to being hit by a impaired driver.
Finally, I feel that the news media should make a appology to the truck driver. When this first happened, the automatic assumption was that the truck driver was at fault. People were made to believe that the truck driver drove into the direct path of the car and that is not the case. That poor man did nothing wrong. All he did was go to work and a impaired driver hit his vehicle. I'm tired of people automatically assuming the truck drivers out there are the ones that cause the accidents where in fact most of the accidents are caused by the cars around them. And no...I am not a truck driver. I do however see many cars daily that almost cause accidents with one.
What is done is done and this poor family needs time to heal. Once again, my thoughts and prairs go out to his wife and daughters!!!

17undead76(63 comments)posted 6 years ago

I feel bad for the family. He was old enough to know better. When I was younger I drove drunk more than a few times. But now that I'm older and have children of my own, I would never do that again. Not only for their sake, but for the sake of any other family I might effect. I'm still guilty of not wearing a seatbelt all the time though. It's a tragedy, but I must admit that I lost most of the sympathy I had for him when details started leaking. I do feel for his wife and kids though.

18PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

GEEZ~~ ROB GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE~~ HIS LIFE!!

~~LET HIM "REST IN PEACE!"

~~ and now~~ Rob has been taken (WAS POSTED W/PIC) off the "OFFICER DOWN MEMORIAL PAGE" ~~ THIS IS WRONG~~ ROB WAS STILL AN OFFICER OF THE LAW AT TIME OF DEATH!!!

~~TO FAMILY = prayers & thouights are with you~~May God give you strength thru this difficult time.
~PEACE TO ALL OF YOU!!

19leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

sorry to hear his pic was taken down buttttttttttt come on now the truth has finally come out about this and TRUTH IS HE WAS DRUNK!!! AND I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE OTHERS ONE HERE yes I feel bad for the family and hey keep the kids off the posting blog then if you dont want them to read the truth about there father!!!! the guy was drunk bottom line he should not of been drinking well on call and sorry but he did know better yes we all make misstakes but when he took the oath to protect the ppl then there are some things that come with that AND ONE OF THEM IS FOLLOWING THE LAW PERIOD!!!!!!!!DID HE FOLLOW THE LAW???? YES WE ALL MAKE MISSTAKES BUT HIS JOB WAS PROCTECT THE PPL AND HE DIDNT WHEN HE GOT BEHIND THE WHEEL KNOWING HE HAD BEEN DRINKING BY DOING THAT HE WAS NOT PROTECTING THE PPL HE WAS PUTTING EVERYONE IN DANGER THAT WAS THE ROAD THAT NIGHT!! AGAIN I FEEL BAD FOR THE FAMILY AND HE SHOULD OF THOUGHT OF THAT WHAT HE LEFT BEHIND FOR THE FAMILY TO HAVE TO CLEAN UP!!!

20rex(62 comments)posted 6 years ago

I will be happy to honor Deichman if I am guaranteed the same treatment.

If I am arrested for driving under the influence, I want a line of police officers paying their respects and expressing their admiration.

21irritated_one(6 comments)posted 6 years ago

Who really knows the truth about their father on here...other than those that were close to him or the family? Just remember what karma is about...what comes around, goes around. Cast your cruel stones and your "opinions" on bits and pieces of information you "hear" spread around. This just shows how the ignorance of human nature really evolves! All of you can trash his name, trash his reputation, but NONE of you for the most part, even knew this man exhisted until he made the paper from a a horrible event. If you think keeping those kids off of the posts here will shelter them from the ignorance of people around, you are sadly mistaken! Take a look at yourselves in the mirror the next time you choose to offer an opinion...I am sure there are things about you that would not be held in such high respects. It's a shame that the human population can show such little compassion for a family...whether they wear blue, or are blood-related...to allow them to have their grieving process without the idiocracy of the community around. Have your opinions...be the experts you think you are....bottom line is...those who knew him, knew someone great...those who now "think" they know him...missed out on knowing a fantstic human being. No one is perfect. We all have our faults! Someday you will have to face the ultimate man upstairs and I am sure will have to answer to come of your cruel expertise!

ps...don't worry about us Robert...we all have broad shoulders and know the truth....
RIP my friend!

22maniacmom(1 comment)posted 6 years ago

An on-call police officer sets himself behind the wheel of his unmarked police car and drives off to oblivion. Hmm…it would be a sad story if not for the fact that he was drunk when he did so. It’s being said that his action that night was simply an error in judgment, a bad choice. Will he be held accountable for such? The media coverage this case has received points us to the answer to that question…no. Dead or alive, were I, the ordinary citizen, to make such an error, I most definitely would be held accountable. The circumstances surrounding my decision to drive drunk would be inconsequential. If I lost a child to a long and painful illness, my husband left me for another man, and my house was destroyed in a freak wind storm…the saddest country song ever written…it would have no bearing on my fate. I would still have to face harsh punishment…Alive, I’d have to pay thousands of dollars, face a jail sentence and lose my license, as well as wear that great big scarlet DD on my chest for the rest of my life. But who would care? I would simply be another drunk driver getting her dues. Dead, my existence would be reduced to “just another drunk driver, who thank God, only killed herself and no one else.” No one would be giving testimonials on television about what a wonderful mother and wife I was. No one would say how hard I always worked for the sake of my family and community. No one would say what a terrible tragedy (in the long list of tragedies that were my life) my death was. My fate would be a Godsend, another drunk driver off the road. But, I forgot, we’re not talking about me, the ordinary, honest, hard-working citizen, we’re talking about a police officer…a man sworn to uphold and enforce the law, a man who had a very clear understanding of the law, a man who saw more than a few deaths and mutilations as the result of drunk drivers. This was not an error in judgment, not a bad choice. This was not a mistake. When one dedicates oneself to law enforcement and public safety, there is no room for error. What this was was a blatant disregard for the law. So, again I ask, will he be held accountable for causing his own death? Will his fellow officers, his drinking buddies, particularly the one who dropped him off at his car and let him get behind the wheel drunk, be held accountable? Or will it be the truck driver, who by no choice of his own, was forced to share the road with a speeding drunk driver, who will be forced to take on this awesome burden of responsibility? Will the M.A.D.D. mothers and the students of S.A.D.D., D.A.R.E., and P.A.N.D.A.² be forced to dismiss the fact that this police officer was driving drunk because he was a police officer, or will they demand that because this drunk driver was a police officer, that he, even in his death and the other officer who allowed this behavior be held accountable and reprimanded thereby setting a precedent for all those who follow who believe they’re above the law?

23PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

*Like I said ^^ Rob gave the "ultimate sacrifice" ~~HIS LIFE!!
~~ Rob WAS posted on tne OFFICER DOWN MEMORIAL PAGE & NOW has been taken off of it ~~ so-o-o in otherwards, lets forget that he was a officer for NINE YEARS ~~ this is so wrong ~~ Rob WAS STILL AN OFFICER AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH & should REMAIN ON IT!!
PEACE TO YOU ALL!!!!
~~ Many Prayers & Blessings to the Family.

24PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

hmmm-- funny of the line in the above statement is missing ^^^ IT IS ~~ so~~ DO WE FORGET THE NINE YEARS THAT ROB HAD IN BY removing him from the OFFICER PAGE!!!

SO SO WRONG!!

25jbenson70(17 comments)posted 6 years ago

Let me start by saying, I'm am truly sorry for the children left behind from this tragic accident. It is not only a shame that they have lost their father, but even more so that it has come to light that he lost his life being less than an upstanding citizen. Nothing can take away his past accomplishments, however, unfortunate as it is he will be remembered as the on-call cop that doubled the legal limit for alcohol consumption. I respect that some posters on this site apparently knew this officer on a much more personal basis and are greiving his loss. My problem is that there appears to be a lack of understanding on their part to see the other side of the argument. He broke the law, he luckily killed nobody else, but it could have been a very different outcome. In a similar incident involving a drunken woman and an Austintown officer everyody is ready to lock her up and throw away the key. How is this any different? If you break the law there are consequences. In this case he paid the ultimate price. What bothers me more is that he was out with other officers that evening... somebody(sober) could have driven him home instead of back to the bar to pick up his car, DD for hire or a taxi. The blame cannot solely rest on his shoulders... there's plenty to go around.

26concerend(2 comments)posted 6 years ago

It is quite obvious that Officer Deichman made a terribly fatal mistake that night and I am in no way defending drunk driving but please have respect for his family and fellow officers. There are other contributing factors in that deadly crash besides the obvious but of course some of us will never hear the other facts because we are too busy running our mouths. To Old Man Grump, I seriously hope that you never need an officer from YPD since they are "all drunks". Why don't you try doing for one day what YPD does in a week. We are quick to criticize the police until we need them.

27Eric(196 comments)posted 6 years ago

Irritated, I have the right to express my opinion as much as you do. If you don't like it, don't read it. I don't agree with your opinion but I still respect your right to express it. And nobody is going to be able to shield his children from harsh public opinion. He was driving drunk while on duty. Case closed. No respectable man of the law would EVER do that. I am glad most of the people on this board agree with me. I hope you never have a personal experience with a drunk driver, because if you do, I guarantee your opinion will change.

28irritated_one(6 comments)posted 6 years ago

I have Eric...and I have learned to forgive for their error...not bash their name.

29bp(6 comments)posted 6 years ago

Haven't seen redcatcher running his mouth here since the news about the alcohol came out. I was looking forward to seeing him eat crow.

30concerend(2 comments)posted 6 years ago

Old Man Grump, how do we know that all of the cops at the
b-day party were drunk? That is quite an assumption. Quite possibly the person that dropped Robert off at his car could have been the DD. And yes your previous blog did imply that you feel all Y-town cops are drunks,"sounds like Y-town cops are DRUNKS, especially those at the dart game birthday party that night.". As for the reason why crime is at an all time high, well I think we all know the answer to that. Why don't you go work a beat on the south side and tell me that crime is at an all time high because the
Y-town cops drink. I think what we all need to remember is that Rob was human and he paid the ultimate sacrifice for his choices and I really do not feel that it is fair to bad mouth the whole YPD because they had been out together previous to the accident.

31clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

For all of you who are now bashing the entire YPD , I suggest you get yourselves a scanner and spend some time listening. You have NO clue what these people are doing to protect you. And for what they have to deal with, I don't blame any of them for wanting to have a relaxing time with a few drinks. This was an unfortunate incident, as they say sh#t happens. Give it up, get off this bashing, give this family a time to heal, you are NOT helping, only hurting.

32leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

everybody blogging on here saying what a wonderful guy and great father and yelling about how we should have respect for the family hmmm well if you read all theses from beginig to end umm pretty much everyone on here has SAID THEY FEEL BAD FOR THE KIDS AND SORRY BUT HE BROKE THE LAW BOTTOM LINE WHY IS IT YOU PPL SEEM TO KEEP FORGETTING THAT PART ALL YOU SEE IS THE BASHING OF This THIS WONDERFUL POLICE OFFICER!!!!! HE WAS DRUNKKKK PERIOD AND HE LEFT THE FAMILY TO PICK UP THE PIECES AND ALL THE BASHING keep the kids of the blog then wtf!!!!!! this is place to say what we gotta say and sorry if most of us on here aren't sugar coating it to protect the feelings of others but as i said before the guy was drunk DRUNK DRUNK and hes more to blame then the average joe behind the wheel his job was to go to accidents like the one that took his life he has seen what pain it causes for families has seen the horrible out come of drinking and driving but yet he chose to drink and drive and we all suppose to sit hee and say awwwww ppor guy awwwww lets honor him??? whats wrong with this picture??? what if he would of hit a family huh?? what if he would of killed someone else huh??? karma??? oh i beleive in karma believe m e i beleive!!! seems to me he got his karma didn't he?? and if this blog bothers you so much why do you keep coming back here adding fuel to the fire?? if it bothers you so much then stay off here and dont bother with commenting back with the excuses for him and what a great guy he was and how they shouldn't of taken his pic down why shouldn't they of taken ot down??? no ones saying really he wasn't maybe a great guy BUT DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN HE BROKE THE LAW AND HE WORE THE BADGE TOOK THE OATH TO SERVE AND PROTECT THE PPL AND BY GETTING BEHIND THE WHEEL DRUNK DOESN'T SOUND TO ME AT ALL LIKE HE WAS PROTECTING THE PPL HE PUT EVERY SINGLE PERSON OUT ON THE ROAD THAT NIGHT PUT THERE LIFES IN DANGER SO U WANT TO CALL HIM A HERO WANT TO HAVE HIM HONORED SORRY I DON'T SEE THAT HAPPENING ANY TIME IN THIS LIFE TIME!!! AGAIN YES THERE IS SORROW FOR THE KIDS AND FAMILY BUT AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED IT STOPS RIGHT THERE THERE IS NO EXCUSE THAT CAN BE MADE TO CONDONE WHAT HE DID AND YES HE PAID WITH HIS LIFE BUT YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE HE GAVE H IS LIFE FOR THE TOWN HELLOOOOO WAS HE HELPING A CITZEN WAS HE STOPPING HARM ON SOMEONE ? NOOOOOOOO HE WAS ADDING HARM TO EVERY PERSON THAT WAS OUT ON THAT ROAD THAT NIGHT PERIOD SO AM I GOING TO FEEL BAD FOR HIM THAT HIS LIFE WAS TAKEN ?? NO!!!!! FOR HIS FAMILY FOR THERE LOSS YES HIM NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRUNK DRUNK DRUNK PERIOD~~~~~

33PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

APPLAUSE to you Clayor!!!
++EVERYONE READ his Blog~~AMEN to THAT!!
~and leelee~~~ so-o-o we just ERASE the nine years Rob served~~ like he DIDN'T EXIST of being a POLICE OFFICER!
Just like ERASING OUR year(s) of our job(s) & get rid of all our history!!! HMMM!!!!

34PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

hey, Clayor~~
In regards to the blog you wrote on 7-1-08 ~~~
there IS NOT gonna be such a thing as to "PROTECT ROBS MEMORY" ~~ the "OFFICER DOWN" site and the "YPD" site has erased Rob of even existing as a POLICE OFFICER!!
These SITES are making sure there is
NO Rob Deichman Memory!!
SHAME SHAME!!!!
PEACE~~~PEACE TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35madmother(3 comments)posted 6 years ago

AMEN PEACE2U!! Robert was human! He made a terrible mistake and now we should forget the 9 yrs he was an officer of the law?? Thank God noone else was hurt that night but for God's sake enough is enough!!! This family is left with NOTHING!!!! no help from anyone because of a tragic MISTAKE! The citizens of y-town do not need to worry about footing the bills for funeral costs, rent, utilities, food, education, braces, etc... Just because he made a mistake like all of us have in our lives we should forget he was a human being, a son, a father, a husband, a brother, a friend...A YPD POLICE OFFICER for 9yrs. Because of YOUR ignorance this family is dealing with more than living without him now they have to live with no finanicail help, and tainted memories of thier loved one. Yes he was wrong but does that mean his family shouldnt grieve? shouldnt they be able to go to the grocery store w/o hearing ignorant hurtful comments? how would you feel if it was your family? Should any of us be removed from our history at our jobs as well, IF we made a terrible terible mistake/ FACT is we are all human, police officers included. let him rest in peace. let it go. let his family grieve in peace.

36AKAFR1(322 comments)posted 6 years ago

Who is policing the police???

I believe that law enforcement needs to be reminded that they are not above the law and need to live by the laws that they enforce. This man was being paid by the citizens of Youngstown to be on call to protect them. His blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit and he was armed with a speeding vehicle and a firearm. Can you imagine what could have happened if he had to use his weapon in the line of duty? As a concealed carry permit holder, do I need to remind the police that you cannot be in possession of a firearm if you are under the influence of alcohol?

37PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

Hey "madmother" ~~ from ANOTHER MADMOM!!~~
AMEN AMEN AMEN TO YOUR BLOG RIGHT ABOVE THIS ^^^^!!!!!!
EVERYONE ~~ READ IT!!
**to you all~~ just think ~~~ this could have been your son or daughter~~ would you like THEIR MEMORY/HISTORY "ERASED" & LETS FORGET THE YEARS OF SERVICE THEY ALREADY DEDICATED & THAT THEY NEVER WORKED HERE?? !!!
~~IF YOU ARE HUMAN THE~~ ANSWER to that would BE~~MOST CERTAINLY NOT~~ HOW CAN YOU DO SUCH A THING!!!
Lets face it ~~ he gave 9 years & should be acknowledged of that & listed as a OFFICER OF THE YPD ~ no matter of the circumstances!!!!

PEACE TO YOU ALL.

38jbenson70(17 comments)posted 6 years ago

Madmother, the people of Y-town are paying the tab... they will replace the totaled vehicle and his family will receive the $250,000 life insurance policy. That's a damn bit more than other families receive upon the death of a loved one and it is surely more than "NOTHING". His children will also be eligible for Social Security death benefits. It was his responsibility to be sober while on-call and that is the bottom line. Own it and get over the fact that unfortunately he will be judged for his behavior.

39PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

JBENSON70~~
where did you get this info ??
~~ as of this moment ~~ u r mistaken.

40PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

IN REGARDS TO BENEFITS!!
**HINT HINT~~ why do you THINK Rob was "REMOVED" (AFTER ALREADY being LISTED the night of his passing) FROM the
"DOWN OFFICER" & the "YPD" websites.
*NEED I SAY MORE.

41leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

i'm not saying forget about the 9 years he served but my god you ppl amaze me its ok that he made a misstake yes we all make misstakes but you guys are praising what a great police officer he was MY GODDDDD SO GREAT HE BROKE THE LAW SO THATS OK OH I FORGOT HE WAS A POLICE OFFICER SO HES ALLOWED TO DRIVE DRUNK THE FACTS ARE HE WAS NO DAMN BETTER THEN ANYONE ELSE U ARE CORRECT HE WAS ONLY HUMAN SO WHY CAN'T YOU PPL JUST ADMIT THAT HE WAS WRONG PERIOD IF I WOULD OF DONE THAT I SURE AS HELL WOULDN'T BE GETTING PRAISE I WOULD BE SITTING IN JAIL(IF I SURVIED)AND IF I WOULD NOT OF SURVIED I WOULD BE CALLED SCUM AND LOWLIFE AND I DESEREVED IT. YES HE PAID WITH HIS LIFE AND I FEEL BAD FOR HIS FAMILY AND CHILDREN SO YOU SAYING OH WELL ITS OK HE WAS DRUNK ITS OK BUT HE DIDN;T HAVE TO DIE HE WAS GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.. WELL ISNT THAT THE CHANCE ANYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TAKES WHEN THEY DECIDE TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL DRUNK THEY TAKE THE CHANCE THEY ARE PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH THERE LIFES AND ALLLLLLLLLLL THE PPL ON THE ROAD AT THAT TIME.. I WILL NOT PRAISE ANY POLICE OFFICER THAT DECIDED TO DRINK AND DRIVE SORRY!!! I'M NOT COLD HEARTED BUT MY GOD FOLKS WHAT EXCUSE WILL YOU USE NEXT FOR THE REASON HE WAS OUT DRINKING ???
OH THATS RIGHT CELEBRATIN' A BUDDIES BIRTHDAY PARTY WELL ON CALL AND USING THE CO CAR!!! BUT THATS OK RIGHT???
SO THEY TOOK HIS PLAQUE DOWN FORM THE OFFICERS WEB SITE AGAIN SORRY YES HE MAY OF SERVED 9 YEARS PROTECTING THE PPL BUT HE SURE AS HELL WASN'T PROTECTING ANY ONE THAT NIGHT HE WAS A DANGER TO EVERYONE ON THE ROAD THAT NIGHT
BUT HOW CAN HE BE PRAISED WHEN HE KNEW HE HAD BEEN DRINKING AND STILL HE GOT BEHIND THE WHEEL HE SURE WASN'T THINKING OF HIS KIDS AND FAMILY THEN WAS HE??? IF HE WOULD OF BEN MAYBE HE WOULDNT OF GOTTEN IN CAR AND DROVE KNOWING HE WAS DRUNK HE WAS 2 TIMES OVER THE LIMIT COME ON DONT TELL ME HE DIDN'T RELIZE HE DRANK A LIL TOO MUCH TO BE DRIVING HE KNEW BUT HE STILL CHOSE TO DRIVE SO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO IGNORE THAT ONE FAULT AND PRAISE HIM????( YES OK HE SERVED 9 YEARS ON THE FORCE BUT MAKES YA WONDER NOW HOW WORTHY WAS HE ) NOW HIS FAMILY IS LEFT BEHIND TO TRY AND PICK OF THE PIECES OF THE MESS HE CAUSED BY USING POOR JUDGEMENT!!!!!
IF THAT WOULD OF BEEN AN AVERAGE PERSON (MEANING SOMEONE WHO DIDNT WORK IN THE POLICE DEPT) THERE SURE WOULDN'T BE OH HOW SAD ITS NOT FAIR HOW CAN PPL SAY THESE THINGS THEY WOULD BASHING THAT PERSON NAILING THEM TO THE CROSS SO WHAT MAKES U THINK WE SHOULD TREAT HIM ANY DIFFERENTLY THEN ANYONE ELSE WHO BROKE THE LAW!!!!OH WAIT....BECAUSE HES A COP THAT KNEW BETTER RIGHT???

42PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

~

43PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

~MAKES ME WONDER WHAT YOU ARE WORTHY OF!!~~
~~THIS IS A ISSUE~~~ NOT NECESSARILY HONORING ROB~~ BUT~~ RECOGNIZING THAT HE WAS ON THE POLICE FORCE FOR 9 YEARS~~ GO AHEAD~~ PUNCH IN HIS NAME ON BOTH SITES~~~ HE DOES NOT EXIST ON EITHER~~WITH 9 YEARS OF DEDICATION?? ~~ LIKE I SAID IN THE OTHER POST ~~ HINT HINT!!
PEACE TO YOU

44madmother(3 comments)posted 6 years ago

For your information the kids may get social security but that is all they get not until sept.and they are intitled to it!!! and a 250 life ins policy?? where?? when?? from who?? We'd like to know cuz mrs deichman sure as hell could use it to raise those babies of hers! And the city tax payers WILL NOT BE FOOTING THE BILL FOR EVERYDAY EXPENSES OR FUNERAL OR TOTALED CAR etc GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST YOUR ITIOTIC COMMENTS. LEAVE THIS FAMILY ALONE! LET THIS MAN REST IN PEACE AND BE REMEMBERED FOR HIS DEDICATED 9YRS of caring and protecting your pathetic selves

45PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

God Bless You ~~~madmother!!
"DITTO ^^^!!!!
PRAYERS ++ & PEACE TO THE DEICHMAN FAMILY. +++
++ RIP ROB~~ THANKS FOR THE "9"YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE.
** ALWAYS REMEMBERED~~NEVER FORGOTTON +++

46clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

Excuse me, if you read my blog correctly, I was just stating what the YPD does for us, you know, you and me....the YPD , as a whole, not just one officer....but that one particular officer
, when on duty protected your sorry butts...as ungrateful as you are. You ALL should be ashamed of yourselves, whatever happened to this guy is irrelevant, when he lived , he protected YOU, get it. Just for the record, I have no affiliation with the YPD, if they are writing here, I am NOT one of you. I just appreciate and understand what all of you do. Period.

47clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

LeeLee, maybe you should post before you get liquored up.

48Bro(1 comment)posted 6 years ago

leelee and oldman grump STOP DRINKING ONLINE and grow up.The only way you know him is from the news. Now if it was some in your famly you wouldn't BASH them so K.M.A.

49undead76(63 comments)posted 6 years ago

Who cares about when or how his family gets benefits? I can think of about a thousand different ways our taxes get wasted. At least we know whatever they get it will be needed. I still think his actions that night were selfish and that his "buddies" are just as much at fault as he is, but the bottom line is that the kids shouldn't pay for the sins of their father.

50mcree(22 comments)posted 6 years ago

Okay, a terrible accident occured and a man is dead.
Enough said.
What all of us should be reflecting on, especially police officers, is that we ALL need to be better while we are driving. Far too often than not, I have observed police officers driving without their seatbelts, talking on their cell phones and exceeding the speed limit.
So if you are a police officer, rookie or seasoned, SET the good example before enforcing the law on others. For the rest of us, leave this officer and his family, alone. Enough has been said. The lesson here AGAIN is this, all of us need to be responsible for our actions. If we drink, don't drive. If your friend is drinking, take away the keys. Wear your seatbelt, get off the phone while driving and be courteous to all fellow drivers on the road. And most important, slow down!
One last thing, before you leave the house each day, say a little prayer for a safe day and tell your family that you love them. You might not be coming home if someone out there doesn't abide by the law.
God Bless all today and especially today, Independance Day!

51leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

first of all I sure as hell wasn't drunked up when i wrote my opn. those of you who are so damn bitter because the truth come out just don't want to accept the damn truth
i never ever said once the kids deserve this they sure don't neither does the family but u want to keep on going on with the he was great he was decated he deserves to be reconized for his 9 years of service YES OK 9 YEARS YAYYYY HE GAVE 9 YEARS OF SERVICE I WILL GIVE HIM THAT BUT IT WASN'T US ON HERE THAT ASKED OR HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIS NAME BEING REMOVED OR THAT HIS 9 YEARS BE WIPED OUT FORGOTTEN!!THAT WAS DONE BY HIS OWNNNNNNNNNN THE POLICE DEPT. THEY CHOSE TO REMOVE HIS NAME SO WHY DON'T YA ALL GET ON THERE AZZEZ ABOUT WHY THEY ARE DISHONORING HIS NAME LIKE HE NEVER EXSISTED???? WHICH I'M SURE YOU ALL ARE ON THERE BUTTS ABOUT IT TAKE IT UP WITH THE RIGHT PARTY WHO REMOVED HIM!!!!! SURE HE MAY OF GIVEN 9 YEARS TO THE POLICE DEPT. WHICH IS GREAT AND IT TOOK ALL BUT ONE NIGHT TO DESTROY EVERYTHING HE WAS KNOWN FOR SO THATS OUR FAULT?? THAT MOST ARE DISGUSTED WITH THIS WHOLE SUBJECT?? ITS OUR FAULT THAT WE ARE FED UP WITH ALL THE CRAP GOING ON WITH THE WHOLE POLICE DEPT??? IF YOU WANT TO LASH OUT GO FOR IT BE ABGRY YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ANGRY BUT ANGRY MAYBE THAT HIS BUDDIES KNEW HE WAS DRUNK DROVE HIM TO ANOTHER BAR LET HIM DRINK MOREEEEEEEEEEEEE THEN TO BOOT DROVE HIM TO HIS CAR KNOWING HE HAD TOO MUCH TO DRINK AND KNOWING HE WAS PIZZED OFF ABOUT HIS EXGIRLFRIEND(OR CURRENT GIRLFRIEND NEWSPAPER SAYS EXGIRLFRIEND FROM THE MOUTH OF HIS OWN BUDDY)
WHICH WE ALL KNOW DRINKING WHEN YOUR PIZZED OFF NOT A GOOD COMBINATION BUT HIS GOOD BUDDIES LET HIM GO LET HIM GET BEHIND THE WHEEL DRIVE SO LASH OUT AT THEM!!!!! THE ONLY THING I'M SAYING THRU THIS IS HE WAS DRUNK HE WAS WRONG AND YES HE PAID WITH HIS LIFE!!!!!!! OH AND TO YOU BRO....... TRUE THE NEWSPAPER IS SAYING ALOTTT ABOUT THE WONDERFUL MAN & I'M ALOT MORE GROWEN UP THEN YOU PROLLY ARE I'M NOT SOME LITTLE PUNK ON HERE THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS!!!! AND HEY BRO I HAVE LOST FAMILY DUE TO DRUNKEN A******S ON THE ROAD SO I KNOW HOW THEY FEEL BUT HE WAS WRONG !!! I LOST 3 FAMILY MEMBERS BY SOMEONE GETTING BEHIND THE WHEEL DRUNK AND YOU WANT ME TO FEEL BAD FOR THIS GUY???? WANT ME TO PRAISE HIM?????SORRY ONLY THING I FEEL BAD FOR ARE HIS CHILDRENNNNNNN AND ITS NOT THERE FAULT HE MADE A BAD DECSION AND NOW THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR HIS MISSTAKE AND HEAR ALL THIS CRAP LIFE ISNT A BED OF ROSES ITS NOT ALL LOLLIPOPS AND SWEET FUZZY LITLE KITTYS!!!! I BY NO MEANS FEEL THE FAMILY SHOULD HAVE TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF HIS STUPID MISSTAKE BUT AS I SAID I LOST FAMILY MEMBERS BY SOME ONE JUST LIKE HIM THINKING THEY CAN DRINK AND DRIVE AND JUMP IN THE CAR AND GO ON DOWN THE ROAD WITH NO REGARDS TO THE OTHER PERSON ON THE ROAD I FEEL NOTHING FOR HIM SORRY!!!! MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY AND THATS IT PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

52leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

THE ONLY PPL THAT NEED TO FORGIVE HIM ARE HIS FAMILY AND HOPEFULLY GOD WILL FORGIVE HIM(WHICH GOD WILL) IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHAT WE THINK OR IF WE SHOULD FORGIVE HIM I DONT HAVE TO FORGIVE THIS MAN FOR HIS STUPID MISSTAKE I'M JUST THANKFUL MY DRT WASN'T ON THE ROAD THAT NIGHT WHEN HE DECIDED TO DRINK & DRIVE!!!!!!!I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO LOSE SOMEONE BY A MISSTAKE AS YOU PPL ON HERE KEEP CALLING IT A MISSTAKE OH OK SO MISSTAKE MAKES IT ALL GOOD RIGHT??? SO SINCE IT WAS MISSTAKE WE NEED TO FORGIVE HIM??? IM SORRY THE FMAILY LOST THERE FATHER AND HUSBAND BUT IM NOT SORRY THAT I CAN'T FEEL BAD THAT HE PAID WITH HIS LIFE MY FAMILY PAID WITH THERE LIFE ALL 3 OF THEM AND THEY WEREN'T EVEN THE ONES WHO MADE A MISSTAKE AS YOU ALL CALL IT A MISSTAKE OK !!!!!!

53PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

HEY LEELEE ~~
YOU REALLY NEED TO TAKE A PILL!!!
PEACE TO U!!!

54PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

DISGUSTED HUH??
~~ITS CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!
~~ DISGUSTED IS YOUR REPEATS!! ^^^^ U TEND TO TURN WORDS AROUND~~ DID I EVER BLAME ANYONE ABOUT THE (REPEAT) REMOVAL OF ROB FROM THE OFFICER FALLEN AND YPD WEBSITES?? ~~~ NO-O-O-O!!! U JUST DO NOT GET IT ~~ READ BETWEEN THE LINES ~~SHALL WE ERASE YOU~~ WOULD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT!
PEACE TO U DARLING!!
PRAYERS & LOVE TO THE DEICHMAN FAMILY ++
++ RIP ROB DEICHMAN ~~ NINE (9) YEARS IOF DEDICATED SERVICE== THANKS YOU!! THANK YOU!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

55PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

~ALL DIFFERENCES ASIDE~~
HAPPY HAPPY 4TH TO ALL OF YOU!!
THE SPIRIT OF AMERICA!!!
PEACE

56leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

ha ha ha ha talk about twisting words???? never said he should be erased!!!! his faithful dept did that very well on there own!! and i could give 2 sh**s what you think really but bet if you lost 3 family memebers to a drunk driver there wouldn't be much of feeling bad at all!!!! i could car eless if they removed him i could care less that we are suppose to feel bad for him i said what i had to say i fell bad FOR NOBODY WHO DRINKS AND DRIVES!!!!! JUST BE GLAD HE DIDNT KILL ANYONE ELSE BESIDES HIMSELF!! I READ BETWEEN THE LINES AND YOU TALK ABOUT REPEATS~~~~ MY GOD ALL WE KEEP HEARING ABOUT IS WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN HE WAS HOW HE GAVE 9 YEARS TO THE COMMUNITY OVER AND OVER AGAIN (AND THAT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN FROM HIM) MAYBE READ BETWEEN MY LINES!!! MAYBE AFTER YOU HAVE LOST 3 FAMILY MEMBERS BY A DRUNK DRIVER U MAY FEEL ALIL DIFFERENT( AND IF ROB WAS A FAMILY MEMBER OF YOURS THEN YOU CAN'T BLAME NO ONE BUT HIM FOR HIS LIFE TO BE TAKEN)
AND NOT ONE OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS HAD ONE DRINK IN THEM BUT YET THYE DIED A SENSELESS DEATH JUST LIKE ROB SO RIGHT BACK AT CHA!!!!!!!!!!!

57leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

OH AND BY THE WAY~~~~HAPPY 4TH TO ALL YOU
DON'T DRINK 7 DRIVE MAYBE TOSS THE KEYS TO A SOBER FRIEND!!!!
HAPPY 4TH!!!!!!!!!! PEACE TO YOU TOO!!!!!!

58madmother(3 comments)posted 6 years ago

To those of you who are resectful of the dead and the deichman family....GOD BLESS YOU!!!! to those of you who only know and believe what you read....GET A LIFE

HAPPY AND SAFE 4th!!!!!

59leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

MY BAD!!!! BEFORE YOU START BASHING ME SAYING DON'T GET ALL
DRUNKED UP WHEN POSTING THE LIL OLE 7 SHOULD BE AN &!!!!!PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MAKE NASTY COMMENTS ME INCLUDED!!! AND IS IT RIGHT??? NO NOT SAYING IT IS RIGHT BUT YES I'M BITTER WHEN I HAVE TO HEAR PPL SAYING HOW GREAT HE WAS AND IM SURE HE WAS A GREAT MAN BUT HE MADE A MISSTAKE AND IF IM BEING HRASH WITH MY COMMENTS SORRY BUT I LOST 3 FAMILY MEMBERS IN ONE NIGHT OVER SOMEONE ELSES MISSTAKE SOMEONE GETTING BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN THEY WERE DRINKING NOT SAYING HE SHOULD OF DIED BY ALL MEANS NO HE SHOULDN'T OF BUT THIS WAS DONE BY HIS OWN HAND WHO DO YOU PPL WANT TO PUT THE BLAME ON ????
I PUT BLAME ON HIS SO CALLED FRIENDS FOR LETTING HIM DRIVE HOME THAT NIGHT THEY KNEW BETTER BUT AT THE END OF THE NIGHT AFTER ALL THIS BASHING AND COMMENTS THERES ONLY PERSON TO BLAME AND THATS HIM

60leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

I respect the deichman family and if my commnets sound as if i don't excuse me......sure they sound pretty damn harsh but by no means do i want to sound as if im disrespecting them if i come off sounding like that then i apolgize to the family~~~~ to the rest of you no need to make apolgizes

61PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

~geez LeeLee!!
**so-o-o sorry to dis-appoint ya ~~~ I have NO connection~ NO relations to Rob! I am just an "ALL SPIRITED AMERICAN" ~ WITH FREEDOM OF SPEECH "RIGHTS!!"

HERE'S TO ROB FOR HIS "NINE" (9) YEARS OF DEDICATION~~
+ALWAYS REMEMBERED & + NEVER FORGOTTEN~~ RIP ++

62PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

IN THE ABOVE WRITING^^LEE LEE;
~We are ALL seeing ~"reading" of what YOU ARE REALLY WORTH.
~ AMEN

63leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

WELL YOU SEEM TO BE THE ONE WITH ALL THE ANSWERS PEACE
I HAVE THE RIGHT TO MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH ALSO AND EXCUSE ME IF IM BITTER WHEN IT COMES TO PPL DRINKING AND DRIVING
I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO LOSE SOMEONE FROM DRINKING AND DRIVING JERK!!!( AND I KNOW HIS FAMILY IS HURTING AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO THEM) I LOST MY TWO DRTS AND MY BROTHER BECAUSE SOMEONE DECIDED THEY COULD DRIVE AND ALL I SAID WAS IF YOU WERE A FAMILY MEMBER!!! AND BELEIVE ME I AM WORTHY SO SORRY I DONT AGREE WITH YOUR IDEAS THAT HEY OK ITS OK HE WAS DRINKING BIG DEAL!!!!!!THANK GOD HE DIDNT HAVE ANYONE ELSE IN THE CAR WITH HIM AND THANK GOD HE DIDNT HIT A FAMILY HEAD ON AND KILL THEM TOO... U SURE AS HELL ARE NOT READING BETWEEN THE LINES AT ALL PEACE BUT HEY GOD BLESS YOU TOO HAVE A GOOD ONE JUST HOPE U NEVER HAVE TO SEE THE DESTRUCTION THAT A DRUNK DRIVER CAN CAUSE A FAMILY( HIS OWN FAMILY HAS TO LIVE THRU IT) THAT YOU DONT EVER HAVE TO GO AND WATCH YOUR OWN CHILDREN DYING AND THERES NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT NOTHING BUT HEY ITS OK THE GUY WHO HIT THEM ALL WAS DRUNK ITS OK!!!! U MISSED MY WHOLE POINT BUT I KNOW IN MY HEART I AM WORTHY !!! WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT ME DOESN'T MATTER

64PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

YOU~~LEELEE
\YOU ARE REALLY A PIECE OF WORK~~
FIRST OFF~~ TOO BAD YOU HAVE TO REFER TO SWEARING ~~ I DON'T!! YOU JUST KEEP TWISTING WORDS AROUND~~NEVER SAID THAT IT WASN'T A BIG DEAL~~YOU ARE SAYING THAT AMONG MANY OF YOUR TWISTED WORDS OF ACCUSING THIS ONE & THAT ONE OF SAYING THIS & THAT! KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND READ BETWEEN THOSE LINES!!SO WHY DO YOU IN YOUR WRITINGS ~~ AND BY THE WAY ~~ I LOST TWINS & WATCHED THEM DIE ~~ BUT THIS IS NOT "ABOUT ME"~~ IT'S ABOUT ROB DEICHMAN~~ "9" YEARS OF DEDICATED SEERVICE~~ LEST WE NOT FORGET.
RIP ROB +++

65Buckeye007(4 comments)posted 6 years ago

As a friend of an officer lost in the line of duty last year in Cleveland Heights as well as a classmate and friend of Officer Mike Hartzel, I cannot help but comment on this story. Although we all make mistakes, officers choose careers which uphold them to the highest of standards both on the job and off. They are not forced into these careers, which is why it makes these individuals so special. I feel pray for his family and I do think regardless of the circumstances surrounding his death, he should be honored for his years of service where he put his life on the line daily to protect the citizens of Youngstown. I am sure he will not receive any of the benefits that the Ohio Police Officer's Benevolent Association (OPBA) or other benefits offered to officers killed in the line of duty. They are very strict as far as the benefits are concerned. Last year an officer in Columbus died on his way into work from a car accident after going into diabetic shock while and his family did not receive benefits...they still do fundraising for his family (BTW the man was in his uniform).I do feel this officer deserved all the respect and honor given to him while he was laid to rest. Now on to my main purpose here. I DO NOT for one moment believe that this man be put on a pedestal and granted the same respect as Officer Jason West lost last year in Cleveland Heights or Officer Mike Hartzel or any other officer for that matter killed while on duty and protecting the citizens of their city. Should this officer be regaled in the same manner as Officer West and Officer Hartzel who were shot and had their lives ended in an instant by no fault of their own? It really disgusts me to some extent. Rob Deichman made a poor decision and by no means is his death as tragic or sacrificial as these two young men I knew that laid their lives on the line to protect those around them. I will not allow an officer's death by his own poor decisions cloud the integrity of the sacrifice made by two fine officers and friends that didn't have a choice. Rob made a choice....Jason West and Mike Hartzel did not. I thank you Rob for your service to the community but I do not and will not hold your service in the same light as those who died without a choice. God Bless our officers...we go on about our daily lives while they put their lives on the line. God Bless Officer Jason West EOW 5/26/2007 and Patrolman Michael Hartzell EOW 4/29/2003

66PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

Thank You buckeye 007~~ that is exactly what I was trying to voice in my blog on July 3rd ~~NOT NECESSARILY HONORING ROB~~ BUT~~ "RECOGNIZING" THAT HE WAS ON THE POLICE FORCE FOR 9 YEARS~~ You said it all for me!
& God Bless You!

67Dennick(160 comments)posted 6 years ago

I don't drink and drive. Ever. I've lost friends and family members to drunk driving and it's just something I make a point never to do. But the sad truth is...a lot of people do. I have friends who do...family members who do. Most likely, so do you. Every time I go to a bar the realization hits me that the vast majority of people leaving will be above the legal limit...more people than I could ever take the keys from, or give a ride home. I would literally have to rent a bus. These are people of all occupations, backgrounds, ages, shapes and sizes.

This man made a mistake. We all make mistakes...everyday. Unfortunately, his cost him his life. Was it hypocritical of him to drink and get behind the wheel of a police car? Absolutely. But he has certainly paid for that error...and he has paid a lot more than most. He didn't have to go to jail for the weekend. He didn't have to pay a fine and lose his license. He paid for his mistake with his life.

The real victims here are his friends and family members. I sincerely hope none of them are reading this message board, because it is completely out of control. It's like rubbing salt in a wound. These people have gone through a terrible ordeal, one which is not going to end any time soon...and I truly feel for them.

68clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

You are right, Robert. This has gotten totally out of control. And Peace, I think I understand where you are coming from. You are one of those close to the situation, and hurting.I feel bad that you are trying so hard to get your point across and you must feel like nobody is listening. You are not out there alone, some of us hear you, we feel your pain through your words. We get it. As for LeeLee, we hear you too. You are coming across like a screaming banshee, with the mentality of such. Do you read what you write before you post it? Can you see what you sound like to others? Or is that your point, to get attention? As to the officer's friend who drove here for 8 hours to attend the funeral and go back home only to find out this nonsense is still continuing, we know you are hurting for your friend and his family, not ALL of us have that so called Y-town mentality. There are good, caring compassionate people among us, please forgive those who don't know any better. And know that our thoughts and prayers are with you too.

69Dennick(160 comments)posted 6 years ago

Wow, Clayor...we agree on something for once :O)

70clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

See, Robert, it's not all bad!

71PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

~Thanks Clayor= means a lot to me that someone(s) are hearing me & I am not alone.
~Thanks madmother for ALSO hearing me.
~Thanks buckeye007= for relieving me of "EXHAUSTION" on this subject & NOW knowing my voice was heard means so much to me.
**With ALL these sincere Thank Yous~~ lets get this message board back on the track & back in control~~ Thanks Robert Joki ~~ totally agree.

God Bless You ALL & Peace to You

72leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

no I don't need any attention not trying to get any either
sorry if i sound as if i am. peace I completly understand were your coming from I really do! I do think he should be reconized for his 9 years of service I don't think that should be erased He gave 9 years if his life to protect the people and I think he should be reconized for that .
I know I came off sounding nasty i have said that a few times, but its hard to try and find reason PERIOD when it comes to drinking & driving and that goes for ANYBODY DRINKING&DRIVING not just Rob. anybody!!!! its a shame that anyone has to go thru the loss of a loved one when it is caused by that or a loss period!!!!so on that note I WILL SAY IT AGAIN I DON'T THINK IT SHOULD BE IGNORED THE 9 YEARS HE SERVED YES HE IS ONLY HUMAN HE MADE A HUMAN MISSTAKE and i think the reason it all got out of hand on here was because of his job title he held that he saw the destruction drinking&driving does i will stick by what i feel but when its all over at the end of the day ANOTHER PERSONS LIFE HAS BEEN TAKEN BY THE CARELESSNESS OF DRINKING &DRIVING . BUT I WILL KEEP HIS DRTS IN MY PRAYERS!!!!!!

73leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

not ALL of us have that so called Y-town mentality. THAT COMMENT THERE ALL I GOT TO SAY IS I WORK IN Y-TOWN EVERYDAY AND I RESPECT EVERY OFFICER ! I HAVE FRIENDS THAT ARE POLICE OFFICERS MY YOUNGER SISTER IS A POLICE OFFICER HAS BEEN FOR OVER 25 YEARS DO I RESEPCT THEM ?? YES I DO, I HAVE COMPASSION FOR HIS FAMILY AND IM NOT GOING TO APOLIGIZE FOR MY OPN. AND MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH I WILL JUST KEEP THEM TO MYSELF FROM NOW ON.I UNDERSTAND EVERYBODIES POINT THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE JUST AS I UNDERSTAND THOSE OF US THAT HAVE THE NEGATIVE OPN. THIS WHOLE MATTER JUST SHOWS THAT ALL IT TAKES IS ONE HUMAN ERROR TO DESTROY A GOOD MANS REPUTATION AND ALL HE HAS DONE FOR COMMUNITY!!!!! and yes alot of us are pushing aside the fact that he gave 9 years to protect and serve the community
sorry if i made it sound like it was about me never meant it to come off like that was just trying to make you understand the reason for my anger about drinking&driving and the reason why i felt so strongly about ANYONE THAT DRINKS AND DRIVES!!!

74apollo(1227 comments)posted 6 years ago

Real tired of hearing how we all make mistakes as if we all make mistakes and that makes it OK. We ALL do not make mistakes of this magnitude.

Also tired of hearing that we are human as if that excuses behavior like this. It doesn't. The simple fact we are human with brains, means we should know better.

Rubbing salt in wounds? Maybe if we rubbed salt more often, more people would be responsible and not make these kind of mistakes.

The bottom line is too many people don't accept responsibility for asinine and dangerous behavior. I'm just glad he didn't kill an innocent person. He was not innocent. Too often stupid behavior like drunk driving kills someone who was being a conscientious driver.

So keep on bashing, maybe it'll save anothers life.

75leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

thank you apollo my point!!!!!! at least one on here hears meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

76leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

so i'm sure I will continue to get the response I have been getting the whole time ,but apollo is right i mean human error and mistakes yes we do make them we all do!!!
but this one was a fatal misstake and if all this neg. can save one persons life make them think first then I will take the atuttudes towards me with a GRAIN OF SALT!!

77PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

JUST REMEMBER = a line on a police memorial that says “not to judge a man by how he dies but how he led his life.”

**ROB DEICHMAN ++ NINE (9) YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE ++

**Hopefully this does NOT become the entertainment section.

~PEACE & PRAYERS TO THE FAMILY
& PEACE TO YOU ALL ++

78apollo(1227 comments)posted 6 years ago

Well, it's how he led his life that is in question!

79PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

"MAKE OF IT WHAT YOU WANT APOLLO ^^I AM NOT FALLING "INTO YOUR" ENTERTAINMENT SECTION.
^^BUCKEYE007 SAYS IT ALL OF WHAT I WAS VOICING IN HIS BLOG ON 7-04-08^^^"THANKS FOR HEARING ME" BUCKEYE007= MEANS ALOT!, AS WELL AS THE BLOGS OF CLAYOR & MADMOTHER~~ THANK YOU~~ IT'S A GREAT FEELING I WAS HEARD!! PEACE TO ALL OF YOU!
"THANKS FOR HEARING ME" BUCKEYE007~~MEANS A LOT!!

+ ROB DEICHMAN +
++ "NINE (9) YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE"
~RIP~

80Eric(196 comments)posted 6 years ago

This is to all of those who continue to say 9 years of dedicated service, we needed to know him as a person, etc. Apollo summed up my whole argument-"it's how he led his life that is in question." Did he put in "9 years of dedicated service", or was he merely coasting through, putting in hours and collecting a paycheck? Just because someone does something for a long time doesn't mean they are dedicated or they even care. Deichman's actions that night cause me to question his "dedicated service." If he was truly "dedicated" I don't think he would have made that fateful decision. Do I have proof of this? Of course not. But, actions speak louder than words, and his actions couldn't be any louder. I truly feel sorry for his family. I feel sorry that their father wasn't dedicated enough to them to make the right decision that night.

81clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

Eric.....what idiot would become a policeman just to "slide" through the day and collect a paycheck? These are not people who are putting a screw into a door frame over and over. They don't know what the next call will bring them to, they don't know who will have a bigger gun than they do, . Do you have any clue what their job entails? They see dead bodies when people commit suicide, they see heads blown off over drug deals, they see little children dead after a senseless drive-by shooting, they see maimed people in car accidents and the list goes on. They are the first responders usually to everything that goes on. They are NOT just there to respond if you think there is a prowler, but they are there for that too. And the officer in question was a part of those who do just that.Imagine , for a minute what life would be like around here without them. Think about it. I personally salute the YPD, I have my scanner on constantly and KNOW what they go through and I can tell you, I don't hear much fun going on, Nobody there is "coasting", Nobody.

82PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

* APPLAUSE CLAYOR!!!
>> EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID = I "KNOW" INDEED FOR A FACT & I AS WELL SALUTE THE YPD ALONG WITH ALL THEIR "DEDICATION"!!!! PEACE TO YOU.

>>FEEL WHAT U MAY ERIC = LIKE I SAID ~~I AM NOT GOING TO JOIN THIS ENTERTAINMENT SECTION.

ROB DEICHMAN "NINE (9)YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE!!
++ RIP ++

83Eric(196 comments)posted 6 years ago

Clayor, I know exactly what police officers do. And I know, for a fact, that there ARE those officers who just go to work to collect a paycheck. The things that are horrific to use become just part of the job to them. They become desensitized to the dead bodies, bloody car accidents, etc. Similar things happen to ER staff. So, don't try to convince me that there are no police officers that are merely doing their job because they have to make a living and have no other way to earn a decent salary. Those people are in EVERY profession.

84clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

No, you do not know, maybe the guy sitting behind the desk, is just there to collect a paycheck, but the real blood and guts cop is there to protect us...the ones who are out there everyday and night are NOT there to just collect a paycheck, they are looking out for you, and me. And putting their lives on the line to do it for us. True enough ER people see blood and guts, but guess what? Our cops sent them there to be fixed, they saw them first. Cudos to ER people too, not a nice job either

85Buckeye007(4 comments)posted 6 years ago

PEACE2U, it is hard when individuals here only want to see things one way. Remember folks, Officer Deichman could have lost his life any day of those 9 years while on the department before the accident. FOR YOU. Tragically this is the ending everyone will remember. I pray that some of you on here will see it for what it is, a tragic ending to a man's life but a life that he was willing to sacrifice for the citizens of Youngstown for 9 years. Don't let this one night characterize a man who chose one of the most selfless careers in the world. I won't go into the fact that the stress that officers are under is like no other. This man was also going through a divorce with two young daughters. Does it excuse his behavior? No. But unless you walk the beat in Cleveland or Youngstown, or unless you have had to battle the criminals on the streets, my suggestion is to be a little angry and disgusted that a man who wore a badge did this, but also realize that none of us have walked in his shoes. (Or an officer's shoes for that matter.) When you have bandaged your boyfriend's hands from the cuts received while taking down a drug dealer, when you have received the late night call when his best friend was shot in the head while he pulled up on the scene, when you have gotten a call from the ER letting you know he's okay but injured, or when you have stood by to hear a grown man cry while he watched a friend and a man of the badge being taken off a ventilator....then maybe you can halfway understand the lives these men and women lead. The stress that follows them home. I think we would like to say they become numb, but truthfully they learn to cope and by coping they torment themselves with their experiences. We should be grateful for all public servants (including the fire department, hospital staff, military.) Who else do you know who will be there, no matter the time of day or night, to fix you, protect you, take care of you, save you. Some of us don't even have families around that do that. Thank you for your service. These are tough times, pray a little more and criticize a little less. All our houses are made of a little bit of glass, lest we not throw stones.

86PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

>>BUCKEYE007
EXACTLY ~~ AMEN TO THE ABOVE^^^
THANKS AGAIN!!
>> & CLAYOR = SO-O-O TRUE TO THAT!
*PEACE TO YOU ALL.

RIP++ ROB DEICHMAN ++
++ NINE (9) YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE

87clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

Well said, Buckeye. Now that things hae settled down here a bit, and LeeLee is under control, or in jail, no need to bring up stuff about the officer's personal life. That is just that, his personal life. none of us really know, most of us do not care to know, as Peace says, just let him RIP, he gave us 9 years, over that time had he not been there, you might not be here today to criticize him. Let's just thank him, not rip him apart. I think we should put our efforts collectively , into finding out why he was removed from the rolls. I understand rules are rules, but nevertheless, he was a cop, he lived and died a cop and should be recognized as a cop, that was his life, he deserves recognition, not be ignored as someone who never did anything for this city. He is being treated like a homeless person under the Market Street Bridge, they might get better treatment. Mayor Williams, take a better look at this person at the good he did, not the mistake, I say mistake singular..he is being thrown under the bus. We need to get that changed.Give this officer the respect he deserves, for his actions, not one deed.He protected your butt too.

88PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

YES~~Clayor!!
"recognized" is the key word here for
++ Detective Sergeant Robert Deichman ++
Nine (9) Years of dedicated service ++RIP++

A "change" is very much needed
AS I HAVE SAID **oldmangrump; I WILL NOT JOIN THE ENTERTAINMENT SECTION!!!

PEACE TO U ALL.

89leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

well hate to burst your bubble clayor(not in jail ha ha) but i said what i had to say and theres enough ppl here cont. the bashing and comments and like i said i had my reasons for feeling like I do like everyone else has there reasons for there opn. to eachs own! thru all the bashing it is a shame he lost his life and his kids are without there father but again it was by his own choices i'm not going to go back and forth anymore with any of you I have my reasons and thats my right (recognized" is the key word here yes we know we know we also recongnize his one night of poor judgment his one night of taking the co. car well ON CALL HMMM THANK GOD HE DIDN'T HAVE TO GO ON AN ACCIDENT)) you all have a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!

90PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

geez^^
+RIP+ DETECTIVE SERGEANT ROBERT DEICHMAN
~~NINE (9) YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE~~

91Eric(196 comments)posted 6 years ago

+RIP+ DETECTIVE SERGEANT ROBERT DEICHMAN
~~NINE (9) YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE~~
GOOD THING YOU DIDN'T KILL ANYBODY WHILE YOU WERE DOING IT

92PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

HEY ERIC~~^^^ TO BAD IN THE ABOVE BLOG YOU WROTE ^^^ = THE FIRST TWO LINES CERTAINLY DO NOT COME FROM YOUR HEART!! ~~ IN FACT~~ LOOKIN LIKE YA "COPY-ING" MY STYLE OF WRITING FROM MY BLOG~~ HOW SAD!! *YOU JUST SHOWED ME & EVERYONE ELSE WHAT KIND OF INTELLIGENCE YOU HAVE. YOU ARE STILL TRYING FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT SECTION I SEE!
AMEN

THIS COMES FROM MY HEART;
REST IN PEACE
+ SERGEANT ROBERT DEICHMAN +
++ REST IN PEACE ++

93PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

"NINE (9) YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE"
++DETECTIVE SERGEANT ROBERT DEICHMAN++
+++ RIP +++

94Eric(196 comments)posted 6 years ago

Peace,

You do not know me personally, thus you have no right to comment on my intelligence. In contrast, my style of writing logical, supported opinions is far more eloquent than your posts, which are a mixture of capital and lower case letters and repeat the same thing over and over. Of course I copied what you said-your power of observation is truly stunning.

My point in that post being, I question what kind of dedication an officer has who drives drunk while on duty. What preferably would have happened is his fellow officers would have arrested him and he would have been fired. If that were the subject of this article instead of his death, would you still continually talk about his 9 years of dedicated service? I judge his actions the same way, regardless if he were in a jail cell or 6 feet under.

And by the way, let's teach you some sixth grade grammar. Your first line should be "TOO BAD", not "TO BAD."

95PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

MOST CERTAINLY!!
STILL WOULD HAVE "NINE (9) YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE IN!!

*KEEP YOUR ENTERTAINMENT SECTION GOING!

DETECTIVE SERGEANT ROBERT DEICHMAN
NINE (9) YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE
++REST IN PEACE++

96Buckeye007(4 comments)posted 6 years ago

Eric, just out of curiosity, have you ever driven under the influence of alcohol or drugs be they prescription or over the counter? Not that I think you would answer honestly to my question but I hope it will make you do a little reflection. I do believe if you would take a poll of 100 people, 90 of them probably got behind the wheel at some point in their lifetime when they shouldn't have. Heck I remember my younger college days and the happy hours after getting my first job. Whether we're falling down drunk or even had just 1 beer...we all react differently at different times to alcohol or drugs. Regardless of someone's alcohol reading, we really have no idea what Rob Deichman's physical response was to that amount of alcohol. He could have looked just fine to the officer that dropped him off to get his car who everyone seems to be tearing apart on here. Last I checked it wasn't his job to count the number of beers Rob consumed. If he did not appear intoxicated, and he wasn't counting each of Rob's beers he consumed, how is it his fault for letting him drive? Use some logic here is all I ask.
Have you ever done anything that would be frowned upon in your current or previous career or job, Eric? Have you maybe said something crude, sexist, or racist at one time or another on the job? I find it hard to believe you have lived a life so perfect that you have no regrets. Have you ever popped out of work early to go golfing or meet the guys for a happy hour? Some of these very things would be grounds for your termination or even criminal charges. I would be curious to find where you work or your profession. I can guarantee I find an article for any profession around doing something just as despicable, inappropriate, unethical, and immoral. My guess is I can probably find one for yours, too. The only difference is we don't get to tear you and your profession apart as well as your family and coworkers in the public eye when it happens. Oh yeah, and I am pretty sure you don't work a job where you might get shot, attacked, or killed. So if we want to talk standards, pony up your occupation. I do not think anyone is disputing the facts and all the adjectives I mentioned above fit the criteria of this terrible accident. If your main point is that Rob was in the YPD car and on call (not on duty), we get it. No one disputes the validity of his irresponsibility. I do dispute this somehow characterizes his entire career or life.
If we took the worst moment of your life and forced your legacy to be only that moment, how would that make you feel? How would that make your family feel? How would you feel if someone you loved who did something just as terrible had his or her entire life characterized by their one public bad act?I am sure you have something in your closet you aren't too proud of that might make you feel a little different.

97Buckeye007(4 comments)posted 6 years ago

Between Eric and OldGrumpyGrump, I am not sure which one of you sounds more disgruntled than the other. I find as we get older, have children of our own, spouses of our own, friends and experiences of our own that we can't make everyone perfect around us. We love and take our friends and families for what they are and become. Sometimes we can't control their actions and behavior. So Mr. Eric and CrabbyGrumpyPants...be careful, it may be your child, grandchild, cousin, brother, or sister who does something devastating just like this. So you may feel you are perfection but I can be pretty damn sure that you're not. And one thing about it, you can't choose your family.
I have seen many dead bodies in my lifetime and most were a result of some really poor decision making by no one but themselves. As I would talk to the families of the deceased during the organ donation process I learned they came from every profession, every income level, and every status of the community. Most times their families talked about how they hid their problems or that they never thought it could happen to them. What I'm getting at folks is it could be you. So be careful boys (GrumpyHump and Eric), you could someday be the ones looking for a little compassion and all there will be is society picking you apart. Use some of your energy and take up a cause or volunteer, I promise you will become a much kinder, compassionate, and caring person. And hey, if I am wrong and you both are living the life of perfection and are pillars of the community, do me a favor and run for office, we will see how squeaky clean you really are. :) I am sure you're real shiny behind that computer screen.

98clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

Come on Eric, I don't know what you do for a living, but I'm sure your co-workers would stick up for you and protect you if you made a mistake, or you sure hope they would. That's just how things work, and we all know it. Unfortunately, this mistake was a BIG one, but it was a mistake. Do anyone of you think this happened on purpose? Do you think this man said "I think I'll get in my cruiser and commit suicide"? I doubt it. Also, there was another vehicle involved, has anyone questioned if that vehicle had the right of way? I'm not sure, I may have missed a step here. Also, if we must resort to correcting grammatical errors here, we have lost the purpose of this blog. This is a place to vent, sometimes people get too excited when typing to make sure they are precise(excluding LeeLee). Let that go. Peace is hurting, can't you see that? Read between the lines and offer some comfort. Sorry Peace, for the ignorance of others. I'm with you.

99clayor(281 comments)posted 6 years ago

Way to go, Buckeye....good job!

100PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

"Thanks Buckeye007" ~~ you could not have said it better for me!!
~~and "Thanks Clayor" ~~ you also, could not have said it better for me!!

~ I refuse to "join" Eric's entertainment section.

The real reason for this blog;

Detective Sergeant Rob Deichman
Nine (9) years of Dedicated Service
++RIP++

101leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

yes i got excited no denying that clayor but i have vented enough and I'm done god bless you all& peace we get it we know how you feel now too let the guy have his 9 years too bad he didn't make it 10!~!! but again by his own choices!!!!

102PEACE2U(115 comments)posted 6 years ago

~ Grump & leelee~
~~ ** both of you need to go to "OZ" & get a HEART! ~with the last remark in EACH of your blogs above ^^^ it just goes to show you what kind of people(???) YOU BOTH really are~ certainly "NOT HUMAN".
~~ FOR ME TO EVER "THINK" THAT YOU (MAY) HAVE A "LITTLE" BIT OF "HEART" ~~ GEEZ = WHAT AN ERROR IN JUDGEMENT ON MY PART!!

** I WILL NOT PATRONIZE TO YOUR COMIC SECTION!

It's about & "SPEAKING FROM MY HEART"~~
+DETECTIVE SERGEANT ROBERT DEICHMAN+
++NINE YEARS (9) OF DEDICATED SERVICE TO HUMAN PEOPLE++
+ RIP +

103Tugboat(759 comments)posted 6 years ago

104apollo(1227 comments)posted 6 years ago

9 years of dedicated service? How do we know that? My guess is he has drank and drove many times therefore a serial law breaker who then arrested people for the same things he was doing.

As for 90 out of 100 people having driven drunk, what relevence is it? Just because the vast majority of people are too stupid to realize the dangers of drunk driving makes it allright? Using that flawed and dumb logic, it should be legal to smoke marijuana!

Simply BEING a cop is not enough to make him a hero except in the minds of the cops themselves who make all cops out to be heroes regardless of whether they steal salt, molest 17 year olds, or any number of corrupt activities the local LE's have been caught doing.

Lastly, the first amendment is one of the laws that LE is supposed to uphold so quit trying to quell the negative commentaries on your brethren just because they are your brethren. You're not all heroes.

105apollo(1227 comments)posted 6 years ago

Thank you Tugboat for the truth with that link showing how LEO's get benefits that regular citizens don't. Tugboat IS a true hero LE officer. I hope your son is improving.

106leelee(31 comments)posted 6 years ago

you amaze me Peace it's ok for you to run off your mouth repeating over & over 9 years of dedicated service ok WE heard you we get it but what makes you think what you say is more important then what others have to say????as u keep saying freedom of speech thats excatly what we're doing freedom of speech and just because we don't agree with your opn. doesn't make ours any less!!!!!! what my last comment about too bad he didn't make it to 10 years?? thats so cold??? why ?? its the truth what you say is no more important then what others have to say on here!!!! i for one can say this and it is a FACT I CAN NAME OFF AT LEAST 15 OTHER SO CALLED LAW ABIDING COPS THAT STOP@ A LOCAL BAR EVERY WEDNESDAY WITH THE JUDGES OF YOUNGSTOWN THE ATTYS. OF YOUNGSTOWN AND EVERY WEDNESDAY THEY SIT AND DRINK AND EAT THERE GOOD OLE SPAG. DINNER AND THE COMMENT OUT OF THE JUDGES MOUTH IS HEY I SEE THAT DRINK YOU HAVE AND LAUGHS ,THEN THE ATTYS SAYING HEY ITS ALL GOOD I'LL REP. YOU!!! ITS KIND OF HARD TO HAVE FAITH !!! you sit here and MAKE RUDE COMMENTS BACK TO anyone who has said anything neg. about this you always have a remark about someone being cold hearted but as long as everyone agrees with you then its all good FREEDOM OF SPEECH INCLUDES NEG. OPN'S TOO!!!
TUGBOAT HOPE YOUR SON IS DOING BETTER !!!!!

107Eric(196 comments)posted 6 years ago

Buckeye, yes, I am ashamed to say I have driven after drinking a couple of times in my 20s when I was in college. I have matured and realize the dangers. I don't defend my actions for one moment, and I don't expect anyone else to, either. I agree with you that people respond differently to alcohol, and the lay observer may not be able to assess a person's state of intoxication. However, police officers are specially trained to recognize signs of intoxication. We aren't talking about a BAC or .08 or .09 here; we are talking almost .16. I don't know how big Deichman was, but according to Wikipedia, an average 180lb male would have to drink approximately 8 beers in one hour to get to this level (I included the liver metabolization of approximately .01% for each 40 minutes of drinking). Are you really trying to tell me that after drinking that quantity, Deichman, a trained police officer, thought he would be safe to drive? Furthermore, the other report states that Deichman was dropped off at his car at 2:45 am, and the accident didn't happen until 3:20 am. Some time passed, so the logical conclusion can be drawn that at 2:45 am his BAC was closer to .17. Impairment begins at .05. Let's use some logic here. Are you really trying to make an argument that trained police officers couldn't recognize impairment at those high levels? I asked a friend of mine who is a state trooper if he could recognize impairment at .16, and he said "Without a second glance."

To answer your question about my occupation, after graduating college I entered healthcare. I witnessed first hand some of the gruesome results of drinking and driving. And I also have taken call, and for most purposes it is exactly like on duty-NO alcohol, and availability is required. Therefore, on call or on duty is irrelevant in this case.

I can't say I have never said anything crude on the job, but come on, saying something crude and driving drunk aren't even comparable. One of my goals in my professional life is to never do anything related to work that I would be embarassed if it was on the front page of the paper. I can honestly say I have lived to that standard. If I get drunk at the bar on Friday night with some friends, I wouldn't be on call and wouldn't be driving. I would certainly NEVER go to work after drinking. If a doctor arrived in the ER intoxicated, the medical staff would not allow him to touch a patient. And if a drunk surgeon killed a patient, he couldn't count on any defense from me.

In contrast to how my posts may seem, I actually have great compassion and always try to look at a situation from someone else's perspective. On many times I defended nurse aides who upset a patient or family member. My experience is many times bad choices happen out of immaturity, ignorance, or lack of awareness of consequences. None of these three should have applied to Deichman, which makes this case so appalling to me.

108clayor(281 comments)posted 5 years, 12 months ago

So, if you want to see LeeLee getting liquored, go to the MVR on Wed, as he is monitoring the police and lawyers. I think I got that straight, he is the one with the spaghetti hanging from his lip. He is NOT driving, so if you are an oficer, offer him a ride home. OR, better yet, pick him up for walking intoxicated! Peace, you might want to go look at the other police discipline site, I think this is gonna carry over there. As it well should.

109leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 12 months ago

first of all Clayor no its not the MVR and no im not monitoring nothing I was just trying to make a point but i keep forgetting since im not agreeing with you nor peace then my opn. doesn't matter and the funny thing is they are on duty when they are there enjoying there spag and drinks!!!! and no i'm not there on wednesdays just so happens family owns the business i'm talking about they shouldn't be there drinking on duty PERIOD!!!!!!! sorry hate to disappoint you but I DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT IT'S OK THEY ARE ON DUTY DRINKING
I'M not sitting in a bar drinking on a wednesday afternoon
actually I'M DOING MY JOB!!!!!!!AND Take a look at the news now there is so much bs going on with the police dept they can't even be where they are suppose to be on there beat they can't even be found and we are paying them to protect the streets!! damn shame that the few GOOD COPS ON THE FORCE HAVE TO BE INCLUDED WITH THE REST OF THE ONES WHO CAN'T DO THERE JOB!!!!!!!

110leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 12 months ago

Code of Ethics

As a law enforcement officer, corrections deputy, or employee of the Mahoning County Sheriff, my fundamental obligation is to protect the constitutional rights and freedoms of the people whom I have been sworn to uphold.

While I consider the way I choose to conduct my private affairs a personal freedom, I accept the responsibility for my actions, as well as my inactions, WHILE ON AND OFF DUTY, when those actions bring disrepute on the public image of my employer, my fellow officers and the law enforcement profession.

I vow to perform all my duties in a professional and competent manner. I consider the abilities to be courageous in the face of danger and to exercise restraint in the use of my powers and authorities to be the ultimate public trust. I accept that I must consistently strive to achieve excellence in learning the necessary knowledge and skills associated with my duties. I will keep myself physically fit and mentally alert so that I am capable of performing my duties according to the standards of quality expected of my position.

I vow to be fully truthful and honest in my dealings with others. I deplore lies and half-truths that mislead or do not fully inform those who must depend upon my honesty. I will obey the very laws that I am sworn to uphold. I will seek affirmative ways to comply with the standards of my department and the lawful directions of my supervisors.

I vow to treat others with courtesy at all times. I consider it to be a professional weakness to allow another's behavior to dictate my response. I will not allow others' actions or failings to be my excuse for not performing my duties in a responsible and professional and expected manner.

I vow to empathize with the problems of the people with whom I come into daily contact. However, I cannot allow my personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendships to influence the discretionary authorities entrusted to my job. I will affirmatively seek ways to avoid conflicts and potential conflicts of interest that could compromise my official authority or public image.

I hold the authority inherent in my position to be affirmation of the public's trust in me as a law enforcement officer. I do not take this trust lightly. As long as I remain in this position, I will dedicate myself to maintaining this trust and upholding all the ideals of the law enforcement profession.

111Tugboat(759 comments)posted 5 years, 12 months ago

horse-dead-beat

112leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 12 months ago

yes it sure is tugboat

113leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 12 months ago

I will obey the very laws that I am sworn to uphold.

114ikaroshi(1 comment)posted 5 years, 12 months ago

it's too bad to see the atttention given here to people who do not know all the facts; who rant uncivilly and cold-heartedly about tragic situations; and who take pleasure in spouting invective and raising a reaction from more level-headed, humane people. It continues until the idiots are ignored. They are here for one reason only: to get attention. People who have time to post more than a couple of entries, and who "cut & paste" large portions of text in an attempt to show how knowledgeable they are .... really need to get out and get a life. In the meantime, could I make some suggestions to certain posters ... 1) learn how to type correctly; 2) go back to school and learn grammar and spelling; 3) go out and work in your community and learn some compassion; 4) stop trying to justify your meanness by citing alleged personal experiences. And for those of us who are real, feeling human beings, please ensure that your families, especially children, do not read these uninformed posts. Formal news media are harsh enough for anyone faced with personal tragedy; these comment forums can be poison and should be ignored once they drop to the level of rudeness and personal attacks.

115leelee(31 comments)posted 5 years, 12 months ago

oh please sure did copy and paste it alllllll
maybe if more ppl knew the Code of Ethics there wouldn't be so much bs going on here.. i have a life as a matter a fact a good life....I do work in the community i don't have tojustfy nothing i didnt break the law god bless ya

116jbenson70(17 comments)posted 5 years, 11 months ago

*Madmother*

As far as Mrs. Deichman is concerned, she should've been the ex-Mrs. Deichman..... if only the process server could've found her. She sure came out of the woodwork upon his death. Her children are entitled to benefits.... absolutely. Who do you propose will be replacing the cruiser? As far as funeral expenses go.... that is the family's responsibility. And as far as the $250,000 it is a payable benefit. If Officer Deichman had no life insurance of his own... well that again is another poor decision on his part. My heart goes out to his children, it is tragic to lose a parent, but they will survive and endure.