BOARDMAN — Boardman Park District installed a plaque paid for by resident and philanthropist Tony Lariccia, recognizing the people who saved St. James Meeting House.
The former Episcopal church, built in 1827, moved to the park from Market Street in 1972.
The plaque lists those responsible for the move: Thomas and Miriam Masters, Phyllis and Fred Wilkie, W. Fenton Meredith, the Boardman Historical Society and Boardman Rotary.
About 24 people attended a ceremony last weekend to dedicate the plaque. The idea for a plaque recognizing those involved also came from Lariccia, according to park officials.
Boardman Park marks its 60th anniversary this year.