facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up
- Advertisement -
 

« News Home

MOLD Some facts



Published: Tue, July 17, 2007 @ 12:00 a.m.

Potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposure include allergic reactions, asthma and other respiratory complaints.

There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the best way to control mold is to control moisture.

If mold is a problem in your home or school, you must clean it up and eliminate the source of moisture.

Reduce indoor humidity to 30 to 60 percent.

Clean and dry any damp or wet materials and furnishings. On hard surfaces, use water and detergent and dry completely. Absorbent materials such as ceiling materials my need replaced.

To inspect for mold, check odors; look for water stains or discoloration on ceilings, walls, floors and window sills; look around and under sinks for standing water or water stains and do not let water stand in air conditioning or refrigerator drip pans.

Source: Ohio Environmental Portection Agency


Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.


News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes | Pittsburgh International Airport