facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
  • Most Commentedmost commented up
  • Most Emailedmost emailed up
  • Popularmost popular up
- Advertisement -
 

« News Home

Man sets clothes on fire, dies from smoke



Published: Fri, July 13, 2007 @ 1:46 p.m.

SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. (AP) — A man set his clothes on fire with an acetylene torch while working on a tractor and died of smoke inhalation.

David Snyder, 89, of Slippery Rock, died in the fire Thursday afternoon, but authorities aren’t sure how it started.

They know he was using the torch to work on a tractor in a garage, and witnesses in the area said they heard a small explosion and saw smoke.

When firefighters arrived, they found a little bit of smoke, but no damage to the garage or its contents. A nearby truck driver reported the fire shortly after 1 p.m.


Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.


News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Marketplace
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2014 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes | Pittsburgh International Airport