Niles school board actions
Niles Board of Education took these actions tonight:
• Approved a three-year contract for treasurer Linda Molinaro. She said she couldn’t recall how much she will be paid because the contract was negotiated four months ago. Member Susan Giannetti Longacre voted against the contract, but would not say why.
• Re-elected Marlene Rhodes as president and John Tricomi as vice president.
• Set board members’ compensation at $80 per meeting for a maximum of 18 meetings per year.
• Appointed Tricomi to serve on the city parks advisory board.
• Appointed Robert Marion Sr. as legislative liaison to the Ohio School Boards Association.
• Appointed Longacre representative to the district’s athletic council.