Fire destroys Warren home


WARREN — A child playing with a lighter is believed to be the cause of a fire that destroyed a Union Street house.

Firefighters said everyone got out of the house before they arrived and no injuries were reported. The owner is listed as Karen Stoutamire.

A fire department report said that a child at the house was playing with a lighter about 1 p.m. Saturday and caught a pillow on fire.

The two-story wood-frame house is a total loss.

More like this from vindy.com

Subscribe Today

Sign up for our email newsletter to receive daily news.

Want more? Click here to subscribe to either the Print or Digital Editions.