Youngstown man dies in crash on Rayen Avenue

Published: Thu, August 16, 2007 @ 1:18 p.m.

YOUNGSTOWN — Speed and unfamiliarity with the road likely caused the death of Joseph Babik, 38, of Inverness Avenue, said Detective Sgt. Patricia Garcar, a traffic investigator.

Babik was westbound on Rayen Avenue around 2:45 a.m. Wednesday when he drove into a parking lot at Belmont Avenue and struck a tree, Garcar said.

The impact flipped his vehicle and caught it on fire, she said.

Comments

1DoctorGonzo(728 comments)posted 6 years, 11 months ago

How about speed and unfamiliarity with his own BAC at
2:45 am. What was he doing driving home from Bible study? Give me a break.

2Sept0608(1 comment)posted 6 years, 11 months ago

DoctorGonzo-how about some sympathy here-let us not forget that a human being has passed away in a horrible way-did you know that he has two very young children?? i can't believe you would type such things-this family is in mourning-it does not matter what he was doing-he is not coming back and his kids are now without a father and his wife without a husband. why don't you give him a break-you disgust me.

3dawglb(3 comments)posted 6 years, 11 months ago

Doc - I think you're way out of line here and totally agree with Sept0608. You don't know any of the circumstances nor do you know the person. I think you ought to consider attending a Bible Study yourself to learn a few things.

4bud(1 comment)posted 6 years, 11 months ago

DoctorGonzo
I think your ignorant you did not know him but i did and i think you need to apoligize to us i am sure you are no saint if you are why are you not at your bible study instead of writing comments about somebody

5nhixson(1 comment)posted 6 years, 11 months ago

doctorgonzo you think you are funny your wrong that was my brother-n-law and you have no right saying that.he had a family he loved. you are a ass.

6wrightrainbow(1 comment)posted 6 years, 11 months ago

Doctorgonzo- i agree, that you are an BIG ass and you need to apologize, i knew him & his family and they are good people! just remember that saying what goes around comes around, you will have your day. JERK

7DoctorGonzo(728 comments)posted 6 years, 11 months ago

I need to apologize for what? I was wrtiting my opinion on a story. This is an open forum and a FREE site. I did not write anything to violate the terms of this site.
My suggestion is: Focus on what is important, like, this man's family and children. Make sure they grow up to be valuable members of society. Do not flip out over what some stranger writes.
Now, you wish ill will upon me. Focus on what's important here. I assure you it isn't me.

8markdtenn(8 comments)posted 6 years, 11 months ago

I happen to of had the pleasure of growing up with the Babiks (Tom and Joe) I was their next door neighbor and they were both alter boys and went to both St. Mattias and Cardinal Mooney, If you (DR. Gonzo Dumbass) Knew these boys you would never have made such an absurd comment. Maybe you knew what was on that side of town but I can assure you JOEY BABIK did not and I live in Knoxville Tennessee. Lets just chalk it up to you being a ignorant dumbass and leave it at that. Mark A. DeGeorge