Fire guts Cherry Lane home in Hubbard

HUBBARD -- An early morning fire gutted a township home Wednesday, causing about 275,000 worth of damage.
Members of the Hubbard Volunteer Fire Department were called out around midnight to battle a blaze on 1804 Cherry Lane, and they continued to douse the blaze until about 4 a.m., fire Chief John Clemente said.
William Collen and five members of his family lived in the house, but only four were home at the time.
None of the home's residents was injured, but two firefighters did go to a hospital emergency room for treatment of minor injuries, the chief said.
Clemente estimated the damage at 175,000 to the structure and 100,000 to its contents.
Although the fire is still under investigation, an electrical malfunction in the home's hot tub is thought to be the cause of the blaze, Clemente added.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.