STATIONS OF THE CROSS Traditional and Scriptural
1. Jesus in the Garden of Gethesemane.
2. Judas betrays Jesus, who is arrested.
3. Jesus is condemned.
4. Peter denies Jesus.
5. Pilate judges Jesus.
6. Jesus is scourged and crowned with thorns.
7. Jesus bears the cross.
8. Jesus is helped by Simon the Cyrenian to carry the cross.
9. Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem.
10. Jesus is crucified.
11. Jesus promises his kingdom to the good thief.
12. Jesus speaks to his mother and the disciple.
13. Jesus dies on the cross.
14. Jesus is placed in the tomb.
15. Jesus rises from the dead.
The traditional stations ended with Jesus in the tomb. The Resurrection was added at various times.