facebooktwitterRSS
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
 

« News Home

Fire claims the life of 81-year-old man


Published: Fri, March 10, 2006 @ 12:00 a.m.


PROSPECT, Pa. -- An 81-year-old man died after fire destroyed his New Castle Road home.
Firefighters said Ambrose Justin Hartz was found on the floor in the living room when they arrived at 3:44 a.m. Thursday.
His wife, Myrtle, 85, was sleeping in a back bedroom and got out safely. She flagged down a passing motorist, who called for help.
The Pennsylvania State Police said the accidental fire started when a cigarette was dropped into a living room chair and smoldered.


Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.

News
Opinion
Entertainment
Sports
Services
Classifieds
Records
Discussions
Community
Help
Forms
Neighbors

HomeTerms of UsePrivacy StatementAdvertiseStaff DirectoryHelp
© 2017 Vindy.com. All rights reserved. A service of The Vindicator.
107 Vindicator Square. Youngstown, OH 44503

Phone Main: 330.747.1471 • Interactive Advertising: 330.740.2955 • Classified Advertising: 330.746.6565
Sponsored Links: Vindy Wheels | Vindy Jobs | Vindy Homes