Fire claims the life of 81-year-old man



PROSPECT, Pa. -- An 81-year-old man died after fire destroyed his New Castle Road home.
Firefighters said Ambrose Justin Hartz was found on the floor in the living room when they arrived at 3:44 a.m. Thursday.
His wife, Myrtle, 85, was sleeping in a back bedroom and got out safely. She flagged down a passing motorist, who called for help.
The Pennsylvania State Police said the accidental fire started when a cigarette was dropped into a living room chair and smoldered.

Don't Miss a Story

Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily news directly in your inbox.