Fire was an accident
WASHINGTONVILLE -- A fire that gutted a house on Main Street here last week has been ruled an accident, authorities said. The fire broke out in a first-floor bedroom at 150 W. Main St. on Feb. 1. The residents, David Fry, his wife, Bernice Fry, and their three children, were not home at the time. Denise Lee, a spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Commerce, which oversees the fire marshal's office, said Friday that investigators have ruled out foul play. She said investigators will continue to try to figure out what sparked the blaze. "It's still under investigation to determine exactly what happened," she said.
Septic tank briefing set
VIENNA -- Frank Migliozzi, director of environmental health for the Trumbull County Health Department, will answer questions about Ohio's new septic tank laws at the next meeting of the Vienna Township Neighborhood Watch. The meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Vienna Town Hall. Prospective home buyers or sellers should attend.
City directory planned
NEW CASTLE, Pa. -- The New Castle City Office of Lawrence County is working on a 2005 City Directory and Map publication. It will be a reference guide to municipal services and community information and will be current for two to three years, officials said. Any area businesses interested in advertising in the publication should contact the New Castle City Office at (724) 656-3540 and ask for Michelle Tempalski or Christy Santangelo.
Containers are removed
WARREN -- Recycling drop-off containers that had been at the former United Steelworkers Hall, 746 Elm Road N.E., have been removed. The Geauga-Trumbull Solid Waste Management District said Warren City Schools, which have purchased the property as they prepare to build a new high school, asked that the containers be removed. For information about other recycling drop-off sites, call (330) 675-2673 or 1 (800) 707-2673 or visit www.startrecycling.com.