About the W.D. Packard Music Hall on Mahoning Avenue in Warren:
William Doud Packard (1861-1923) of Packard Automotive Co. and the Packard Motor Car Co. put provisions in his will to keep music playing in Warren. Funds were allocated from a trust to build the music hall, while the remainder was to be used to establish and maintain a band to perform in it.
Warren became the beneficiary after Kathryn Packard, W.D. Packard's wife, died in 1940. Construction began in November 1953 in the 42-acre Packard Park. The hall was dedicated on Oct. 15, 1955.
The Packard Trust did not provide funds for hall maintenance, so annual operating costs are covered by hall rental and city subsidies.
There are 2,418 theater-style seats available for staged productions; 1,118 main floor seats and 1,300 balcony seats. There's banquet seating up to 550 on the main floor for catered events. A variety of seating configurations for arena, cabaret, floor and trade shows, and other event-specific combinations available.
A small auditorium also is available for small meetings, lectures, recitals and warm-ups. There are 58 fixed seats on risers.
There are also a number of secondary rooms available, including a meeting room, a coat check area, a concession area, dressing rooms and a lobby area.
Source: W.D. Packard Music Hall Web site